Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The preseason is great because 4 years ago today during a preseason game people realized a quarterback was sitting for the national anthem, and the world got progressively stupider from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lmao Joe Judge is saying he’s going to take away Daniel Jones’ red no contact jersey so that he can get knocked around in camp.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmao Joe Judge is saying he’s going to take away Daniel Jones’ red no contact jersey so that he can get knocked around in camp.

What’s the record for fumbles by a QB in a season?

EDIT: Jones had 18 last year, the record is 23, held by Culpepper in 2002 and former Giant Kerry Collins in 2001... and Danny Dimes didn’t ever start every game last year...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have a sentimental love for preseason because I know there are folks out there who dreamed their entire life about putting on an NFL Jersey and playing in an NFL game that only get their chance preseason game 1.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I like preseason just for the chance to watch random nobodies play and occasionally spotting standouts.

I knew Gardner Minshew was cool before most of you. :colbert:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1298700885418278912

Real whiplash on the transition between the second and third paragraph

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Dan Snyder sell bitch

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dan Snyder isn't selling unless the owners use that clause that forces a sale and even then that's going to be a protracted legal battle. He doesn't give a single poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think "hands off" would be a welcome change for the cheerleaders.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like the bit about being mad the victim spoke to the press.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/RyanTalbotBills/status/1298705999528898561
I wonder if the NFLPA is going to end up regret pushing to cancel the preseason. I think it was probably the right thing to do at the time, but right now it seems like at very least *training camp* has been reasonably safe, and it looks like this is really going to gently caress with a lot of marginal players.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Catfish Noodlin posted:

https://twitter.com/RyanTalbotBills/status/1298705999528898561
I wonder if the NFLPA is going to end up regret pushing to cancel the preseason. I think it was probably the right thing to do at the time, but right now it seems like at very least *training camp* has been reasonably safe, and it looks like this is really going to gently caress with a lot of marginal players.

Someone direct the Bills to the AFCE thread

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/KSTiLLS/status/1298725836221276166

:yeshaha:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kalli posted:

But nobody should be in the 2nd-4th quarters of the 1st or 4th preseason game. Those have never done anything for anybody.

That’s when the guys who are gonna get cut get to put something on tape for the other 31 teams; they need it bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, very small potatoes compared to everything else but there is no doubt in my mind this bit is true from that Snyder/Washington story:

quote:

Those who work directly for Snyder heed a long list of protocols... clean the owner’s desk each morning, ensuring that his calendar and daily kitchen menu are in the proper locations and that his paper clips all face the same direction.

Dan is 100% the type of person who would be confounded and angry about having to look at a paper clip and figure out how to orient it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

This is the content I crave

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1298746187462455297

👀

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This dude’s a loving seer or something

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chuds head going to lose their drat minds if guys forfeit a game and miss the playoffs lol

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Must have lost 5lbs worth of tendon and/or ligament. Bad trade off.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Let em have it, Skip.

https://twitter.com/realskipbayless/status/1298768666012524544?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Defund The Police is the compromise position.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Are we sure that breaking unions is the way to counter cops? Unions are generally a good thing...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Are we sure that breaking unions is the way to counter cops? Unions are generally a good thing...

I think he specifically means cop's unions, which absolutely need to be abolished.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Not for cops. Police unions are highly toxic organizations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Imaging thinking that the Democrats are going to bust police unions after decades of building them up to be all-powerful, well-paid, omnipotent and unaccountable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gonz posted:

Imaging thinking that the Democrats are going to bust police unions after decades of building them up to be all-powerful, well-paid, omnipotent and unaccountable.

I don't trust the Democrats to do poo poo, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. That's why the police themselves should be eliminated and a new thing should be put in place, if there's no police there's no police union.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The thing about generalizations is that they eventually break down under scrutiny.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The entire south will suddenly enact protections only for law enforcement unions if any movement gathers steam to break them. Ironically one of my chud cousins thinks breaking unions will totally solve everything because the mob controls all unions. He cannot fathom that he's saying that law enforcement are involved with organized crime which once again makes the loving cops the problem.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

whatever will the labor movement do without the police union there to stand in solidarity with them beat the poo poo out of them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1298780059470159872

i want one

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The police asked organized labor for help organizing and were roundly told to gently caress off because they are what you see when you look up "class traitor" in the dictionary.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's hard to believe the season starts, like, next week. There's been so little buzz even with people extra deprived of sports this year.

I wonder what TV ratings will be like.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's hard to believe the season starts, like, next week. There's been so little buzz even with people extra deprived of sports this year.

I haven't even been paying attention. Are they doing a double header or anything in Week 1?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gonz posted:

I haven't even been paying attention. Are they doing a double header or anything in Week 1?

MNF double header is on as usual. Schedule looks normal.

It is two weeks from now and not next week though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

MNF double header is on as usual. Schedule looks normal.

It is two weeks from now and not next week though.

This, and there's a whole lot of poo poo going on right now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

This, and there's a whole lot of poo poo going on right now.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Unions help protect their own, even if they’re kinda mediocre. For a normal union, it protects people if they make a mistake or two. The problem is that cop union mistakes involve people dying, and an awful lot of them seem to be minorities. Normal union stuff covers up a lovely weld; cop union stuff covers up escalating situations and killing people because they’re black.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

This is a good article on why police unions don't belong in the labor movement because they're opposed to the labor movement's goals:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/01/the-bad-kind-of-unionism/

The tl;dr is that the labor movement advocates for improved material conditions for all workers, and police unions advocate only for more policing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's also the fact that other unions are limited to civil protections, police unions routinely defy criminal charges.