Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Whats the EVA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

it is secretly your dead mother

if you recall, hester’s death is an inciting reason for frasier to return to seattle

Now You Know

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

food court bailiff posted:

it is secretly your dead mother

if you recall, hester’s death is an inciting reason for frasier to return to seattle

Now You Know

No she's not. She dies during Cheers a while before the series finale. The biggest inciting reason is Martin getting shot and him getting divorced and just wanting a clean start

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

rlm watched money plane and it doesnt seem like kelsey's appearance makes it worth it to watch :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaSNvI7oShk

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

KoRMaK posted:

rlm watched money plane and it doesnt seem like kelsey's appearance makes it worth it to watch :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaSNvI7oShk

It does look like at the very least it's worth seeing him attempt to sell the line "I don't give a gently caress who's on that plane. I'm the baddest motherfucker on the planet: Darius Grouch the Third -- The Rumble -- and I am taking down the Money Plane!"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Darius Emmanuel Grouch the Third, jfc

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Do you actually see a guy gently caress an alligator on the money plane?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
No but more importantly: what exactly is at wager in that scenario?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who gets to go next

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Sunswipe posted:

Do you actually see a guy gently caress an alligator on the money plane?

They could barely afford the plane, let alone the alligator.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

No but more importantly: what exactly is at wager in that scenario?

I figured it's who finishes first

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Are there really only like two Cam Winston episodes?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

as a resident of the fine city of Seattle I am legit sad we don't have an official recognition of the Frasier Crane Day, like what other thing could possibly have happened on that day to take it away from us

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
If the Seattle Kraken's goal song isn't Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs then the whole endeavor is a failure

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Yes he sucks.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Calaveron posted:

No she's not. She dies during Cheers a while before the series finale. The biggest inciting reason is Martin getting shot and him getting divorced and just wanting a clean start

So food court bailiff was just blatantly spreading Frasier misinformation?

What the gently caress

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

If the Seattle Kraken's goal song isn't Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs then the whole endeavor is a failure

some alternate timeline this is really happening and everyone there is still rocking turtlenecks and loafers and we're all screaming at the glimpse of it through the dimensional rip and wishing we were there

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The Rage posted:

some alternate timeline this is really happening and everyone there is still rocking turtlenecks and loafers and we're all screaming at the glimpse of it through the dimensional rip and wishing we were there

They hear our cries ever so faintly and say, "they're callin' again..."

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Whoever said they phoned up central casting to get Black Frasier nailed it. I also can't think of Black Frasier without thinking of Black Flanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuueHTka170

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
which one of you did this?

https://twitter.com/pipecork/status/1296866350141337600?s=20

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I can imagine a viable, profitable roadside attraction where you pay a flat fee to get really high in an exact replica of the Frasier's living room set which is in a big dark room. It would really trip you out, maaaaan.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The bathroom would be functional.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

The bathroom would be functional.

What about the hookups for a laundry machine?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mojo1701a posted:

What about the hookups for a laundry machine?

I will not be strong armed by threats against my laundry!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If I had the money I would build a 1:1 Frasier apartment to chill out in, inspired by the dude who built a 78% scale Oval Office for $1M

Having an electrochromic Seattle skyline that you could change time of day/add rain would be pretty sweet

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'd be fine with just the skyline, that sounds rad.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
How would you handle the fourth wall though? The one where the cameras are?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Yes he sucks.

We're enemies now.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

We're enemies now.

What a rump-fed ronyan, right?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I just realise that in Frasier and a lot of other sitcoms, the TV is literally on the fourth wall.

Reminded of the episode where, wanting to do something nice for his dad, Frasier orders a gigantic fuckoff home entertainment system, but once it's actually in the apartment he changes his mind because it's terrifying him and has to stop Marty from seeing it before it's returned.

Also i read the Swan Boy guest comic again and now I want to see an episode where Frasier and Niles get talked into buying guns, but get characteristically super snobbish about it trying to find a gun they like

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 26, 2020

Evan Jellicle
Apr 20, 2008

Daphne played the ship’s computer in the failed American pilot of Red Dwarf. She is the only good part.

https://youtu.be/TcoycQSHSb4

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also i read the Swan Boy guest comic again and now I want to see an episode where Frasier and Niles get talked into buying guns, but get characteristically super snobbish about it trying to find a gun they like
N: Frasier, look at this obscene number. It's practically screaming overcompensation!

F: NILES... that's a flashlight.

N: . . . Well we've been having power outages as of late...

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 26, 2020

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I could swear we've seen the TV before in Frasier. Wasn't there an episode where Frasier tries to hook up a vcr or something?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

They show the teevee in the episode where Martin does a political ad. I think?

Is that the same episode where they make Eddie "talk" with Frasier's voice on teevee too? Goddamn I need to rewatch this show :(

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Frasier's slow head turn when the politician he goes to bat for says he believes in aliens is one of my favourite moments on the show.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Frasier's slow head turn when the politician he goes to bat for says he believes in aliens is one of my favourite moments on the show.

Plus it gave us Laser Frasier

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

YesGrannyRocko posted:

Daphne played the ship’s computer in the failed American pilot of Red Dwarf. She is the only good part.

https://youtu.be/TcoycQSHSb4

To this day I have no idea why anyone thinks Red Dwarf is funny. My buddy made me watch like the first and second seasons and it's just a slog. More power to you if you like it, but dear lord it just was not my cup of tea.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

It strikes me that there is no way in hell there would have been a British show with young girls called "Mind Your Knickers". I think Daphne might be a compulsive liar.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

daphne did not talk endlessly about eastenders and coronation street, immersion ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evan Jellicle
Apr 20, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

To this day I have no idea why anyone thinks Red Dwarf is funny. My buddy made me watch like the first and second seasons and it's just a slog. More power to you if you like it, but dear lord it just was not my cup of tea.

That’s legit! It was on at my house all the time when I was growing up, so it’s kind of nostalgic :unsmith: