Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jeff audio with Wendy's video is the way to do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

HAM ON THE BONE posted:

Brett Adair's stream on here is getting insane, he's parked in an intersection with the lights whipping around. He tends to push the envelope when he chases tornadoes, so I'd expect the same tonight.

"...not til the water fills up. i've taken 150 in this truck"

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
It was kinda a joke on SA, but good luck goons in the path.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Reed just drove by the Wendy's sign.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The gulf coast is officially in the weather cool zone.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

poo poo's going down on the Jeff stream.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol jeff is some high energy i love it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"what is happening!?!?!"

uhh the fire alarms are going off in that building over there

"is there a fire!?!?!?!?"

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Wiltsghost posted:

poo poo's going down on the Jeff stream.

link?

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

every time jeff gets out of the car i'm afraid that a wind gust is going to throw him off the roof

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Lmao his sidekick is also named Jeff

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Jeff has no shoes on. :cripes:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RPkb5uLbpU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Luneshot posted:

every time jeff gets out of the car i'm afraid that a wind gust is going to throw him off the roof

he has no shoes on, he’ll stick right to that concrete

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

George H.W. oval office posted:

lol jeff is some high energy i love it

Big time transformer pops are knocking out power now.

E: the cell service has been amazingly good throughout up to this point. That's impressive.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Jeff is the most amazing livestream I’ve ever seen in my life and whenever he comes on I have to cancel everything I’m supposed to do and stay awake and watch him, sometimes for days at a time, it’s literally impossible to look away

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

"what is happening!?!?!"

uhh the fire alarms are going off in that building over there

"is there a fire!?!?!?!?"

this made me laugh out loud

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

how does Jeff keep his audio so crisp without it getting blown out by wind and rain noise

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Brett has pulled into the parking garage to hole up for the night, power's out all around him so that's probably a good idea.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I find the best new streams in these threads

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

there's people running around on that stream of the beachside shack

i thoguht it was an unmanned camera

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Youth Decay posted:

Brett has pulled into the parking garage to hole up for the night, power's out all around him so that's probably a good idea.

I wonder if Brett is in the same garage as JeffP and all the other chasers? I know on Jeff's stream that seemed to be like the best place to be; a lot of chasers there.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mental Hospitality posted:

I wonder if Brett is in the same garage as JeffP and all the other chasers? I know on Jeff's stream that seemed to be like the best place to be; a lot of chasers there.

He is. Although I think he is a level or two lower.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Keeping the windshield wipers on is cute. Pretty sure the wind is doing a better job of clearing the glass than the blades.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Some guys walked into the WOPC stream and one's hat was promptly blown off

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Wouldn't being in a parking garage funnel the wind through the confined space? Isn't that why they tell you not to shelter under a highway overpass for tornadoes?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Luneshot posted:

Wouldn't being in a parking garage funnel the wind through the confined space? Isn't that why they tell you not to shelter under a highway overpass for tornadoes?

I think if you position yourself with the center of the garage as a physical block between you and the direction of the storm it will help protect

I am not a doctor

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lol Jeff said gently caress Periscope and he's making bank on Youtube.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Here we go, Lake Charles about to get hit with the strongest winds now

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
Gonna dump all the live streams people have been posting in case anyone's interested. All cams are Lake Charles. These are just the streams I have on, so I've probably missed a few.

Jeff "High Energy" Piotrowski : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RPkb5uLbpU

Reed Timmer, for the chill vibes, although he's currently dealing with some camera-man or producer who's annoyed they're not shooting cool stuff: https://www.facebook.com/reedtimmer2.0/videos/689337718374740/

Random rain-covered stream with some radio station from Texas, I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkomVUbAyYc

A collection a few others have posted - Brett Adair and Brad Arnold are my go-tos: https://livestormchasing.com/map

And the most important one - Lake Charles Wendy's Cam : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzq_Q-l5Q8U

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Luneshot posted:

I would assume that the benefits of being in a sturdy concrete structure, high above floodwaters, and positioning your vehicle into the wind would negate some of the tunneling effect.

Not sure on that because I've never been in a parked car in a hurricane.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

theres this one too. it has audio now instead of just an electronic buzz like earlier tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tFlWwPTx2U

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wendy's sign is shaking really bad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Big storm huh

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Reed stream is absolutely stupid right now. "GET IN THE CAR! GET IN THE CAR!"

E: they'll be in the eye soon.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Big storm huh

wet it up

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
there is a lady on the weather channel who is explaining how safe she's being now that she's moved 5 feet to the left, standing on the waterfront of a cat 4 making landfall

makes sense to me

edit: lmao something just almost fell over and crushed her

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
Earlier on Reed's stream, somebody was complaining that they weren't doing anything and Reed just replied with, "I can't go, the light is red." Bless him.

Oh god there are two people running around the Wendy's right now. I hope those guys are storm chasers.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

lol the dude trying to stay upright on the wendy's stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Reed Timmer parked out on the street about to get annihilated :stare: