Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1299031579747123201?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Urlacher is a shitbag.
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1299041033456693248

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Someone needs to test Urlacher's brain for signs of CTE.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Nah he's just a chud.

I mean, he probably has CTE too. But that's not related

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Or get him to try to throw down with Bas Rutten and go through with it this time in case he doesn't have it yet.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Assuming those two things are true, that he was reaching for a knife and he had the warrant - the cops had guns. What happened to "hey drop the knife or we'll shoot, you're under arrest"? I cannot wrap my head around people thinking that situation warrants a kill shot. It's not the cops job to kill people.

e: I know he didn't die, but those cops were definitely thinking "this guy needs to die"

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 27, 2020

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Assuming those two things are true, that he was reaching for a knife and he had the warrant - the cops had guns. What happened to "hey drop the knife or we'll shoot, you're under arrest"? I cannot wrap my head around people thinking that situation warrants a kill shot. It's not the cops job to kill people.

Nobody had a drop gun so they planted a knife.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nobody had a drop gun so they planted a knife.

According to the BBC article (so pinch of salt) the guy told investigators there was a knife in the car.

Not that makes it any better. Cops should really know how to disarm someone with a knife without shooting them 7 times in the back.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

quote:

Buffalo Bills have suspended radio host, team reporter Chris Brown. He was suspended for violating the team’s rules surrounding training camp.

What are the chances this guy is somewhere in the Patriots payroll

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Extremely here for direct action Bruce Arians

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1299048083733520386

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cognac McCarthy posted:

But that can only be done posthu- OH I GET IT!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/1299103946049556480

lmfao I'm dyin

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

meanwhile an actual top ten QB had this to say

https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1299053604121305090?s=20

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Print the shirts!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

burn down a courthouse tawm

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sacrificing Tom Brady ISIS style to raise awareness.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What this nation needs to heal is for the Vikings to go 10-6

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

"Use your guns that I know you all have to start directly killing police officers."

- Bruce Arians, maybe

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Sacrificing Tom Brady ISIS style to raise awareness.

Allahu akbar.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Raku posted:

burn down a courthouse tawm

We should deflate the polices budget. -bradys twitter account next week

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I want to hear Bill Belichik grumble out "gently caress the po-lice"

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There is zero chance of it happening since Lamar is obsessed with football to the exclusion of basically all other thought but it would be so amazing if he sat out the season. League MVP on a contender still on his rookie contract sitting out at real personal cost would be a real escalation.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“League MVP” has to be in quotes imo

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1299111865910517760

good

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well it is good

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

There is zero chance of it happening since Lamar is obsessed with football to the exclusion of basically all other thought but it would be so amazing if he sat out the season. League MVP on a contender still on his rookie contract sitting out at real personal cost would be a real escalation.

Lamar is so quiet about blm stuff on twitter that sometimes I wonder if he even knows it's going on. He'll occasionally retweet some stuff but I'm not sure he's ever said anything directly.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not like my man Joeseph Burrow the First.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Kirk Cousins was not like 10 years ago or something.

EXACTLY! WFT is NOT(!!!!) a joke!

:negative:

PS sell the team Snyder

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I don't know. Demanding the murderers of Taylor and Blake be arrested is good. That said, the Ravens don't apply pressure where they actually have influence, the state of Maryland. They don't even name any local actors. Gov. Hogan has made his bones dog-whistle attacking the city of Baltimore his entire political career. Baltimore city corruption has been siphoning money out of the community into the hands of dirty politicians and their buddies for generation. The Baltimore police department is...holy poo poo where do you even start. I guess I should be happy because it's better than I reasonably expected. Still, there is so much more the team, the players, and Bisciotti could do if they had a mind to.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Step one of peaceful protests succeeding is determining peaceful protests don't accomplish poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Passive protests are useless, peaceful protests can accomplish a lot. Boycotts are peaceful, sit ins are peaceful, strikes are peaceful, barricades are peaceful, etc. etc.

E: This is not to say other methods are inappropriate. More drastic measures are sometimes required.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't know. Demanding the murderers of Taylor and Blake be arrested is good. That said, the Ravens don't apply pressure where they actually have influence, the state of Maryland. They don't even name any local actors. Gov. Hogan has made his bones dog-whistle attacking the city of Baltimore his entire political career. Baltimore city corruption has been siphoning money out of the community into the hands of dirty politicians and their buddies for generation. The Baltimore police department is...holy poo poo where do you even start. I guess I should be happy because it's better than I reasonably expected. Still, there is so much more the team, the players, and Bisciotti could do if they had a mind to.

Baltimore owns, a previous mayor who stole gift cards intended for the poor and was forced to resign 10 years ago came within 2% of winning the democratic mayoral primary THIS YEAR. Although I suspect you already are familiar with this.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sharknado slashfic posted:

Baltimore owns, a previous mayor who stole gift cards intended for the poor and was forced to resign 10 years ago came within 2% of winning the democratic mayoral primary THIS YEAR. Although I suspect you already are familiar with this.

ShiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIiiiiiit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Honestly I was shocked she didn't win. This is immediately after the mayor who most recently won election resigned under pressure after defrauding a children's hospital to the tune of five hundred thousand dollars! It is a wild, wild city.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Honestly I was shocked she didn't win. This is immediately after the mayor who most recently won election resigned under pressure after defrauding a children's hospital to the tune of five hundred thousand dollars! It is a wild, wild city.

That was the fake children's book scandal right?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

That was the fake children's book scandal right?

Yep, and then she was “mysteriously” ill and just couldn’t turn herself in because she was too feeble. It was honestly hilarious on the face of it, but old racists who had moved out to the county but still feel the need to take potshots at the city started weighing in and it got pretty depressing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Direct action gets the goods.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The Double Doink has utterly destroyed Matt Nagy. To think there was that season he looked like a good coach.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1298706487758524417?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Aren't there, like, a zillion kickers to choose from in the UDFA pool every year? How hard can it be to find a moderately okay placekicker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Double Doink has utterly destroyed Matt Nagy. To think there was that season he looked like a good coach.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1298706487758524417?s=20

The gently caress? If you dont trust either of these guys over the other one why do you... y'know what, never mind. You do you Matt.