Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I can't believe people are paying upwards of $140 dollars for that drat Baroness set. That's crazy, it's a 20 dollar figure with a bike that's barely painted that retails for $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Artificial scarcity is a hell of a drug.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shiftypenguin posted:

Saw the Neca King Kong at Target yesterday, along with the Halloween III trick or treaters. Picked up the HIII kids, but man, that Kong looks weird. He's got his roaring face head, Wich makes sense. But then his alt head's expression looks like he walked in on his parents having sex.

It also apparently doesn't scale with the Neca Godzillas, which is odd. You'd think Neca would want that synergy, even if they no longer have the Zilla license.

The second head is based off his look from the original 30s King Kong

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The HIII kids are a gem

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Haha, yes! That looks cool!!! Good job CP.

PO already went up to Ahsoka - $250 USD.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Four Horsemen just announced Mythic Legions "Shadow Equaddron" for sale this Saturday. The orders are going to last for at least a few weeks.

"Shadow Equaddron goes up for pre-order on StoreHorsemen.com on August 28th, 2020 at 5pm EST. for $60.00 each (plus shipping & handling). The “Ogre scaled” (roughly 9 inches tall), highly articulated Shadow Equaddron action figure, will come in a standard collector-friendly window box and dual battle axes."

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dale-Taco posted:

Well did he find one?

Total bust, the clerk my dad talked to said “they were supposed to receive 2 but didn’t get any”, and they’ve been getting calls about it all day.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So I finally just politely emailed Megalopolis about when they’ll be shipping Thanos and now he’ll be here by Friday :)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Nanigans posted:

Finally got this guy delivered this morning, just so I could recreate Tony Hawk's Pro Kamehameha!

Dragon Ball Super shelf is complete!

Very nice display!! I still need to pick up that MUI Goku at some point.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JT Smiley posted:

I can't believe people are paying upwards of $140 dollars for that drat Baroness set. That's crazy, it's a 20 dollar figure with a bike that's barely painted that retails for $40.

As disappointing as it is to me to not find it, at the same time I used to find the Skywarp/Thundercracker two pack the same way (which is to say I didn't find it) but now you've often got two or three on the shelves when I go. It just pays to remember to not reward scalpers.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I don't know, I must have the greatest target then because Ive gotten all of wave 1 and cobra island except the cobra trooper (has yet to show up) and snake eyes (which i bought from Hasbro pulse) from the traget near my house.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tomtrek posted:

God drat... this might be what makes me buy my first Hot Toys.

...does anyone in the UK have a recommended place to buy them from? Is it worth getting them from Sideshow directly and pay the shipping?

If you're not American, it's never worth buying from Sideshow (unless it's an exclusive) because if you're already importing and having to pay fees, may as well import from a Hong Kong store and get it a month or two sooner.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah but flex payments. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those are nice, and their reward program is pretty solid too, but I mean you can also do flex payments yourself at home too.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Not technically an action figure, but I thought this was pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy6mcu5_7mc

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dale-Taco posted:

I don't know, I must have the greatest target then because Ive gotten all of wave 1 and cobra island except the cobra trooper (has yet to show up) and snake eyes (which i bought from Hasbro pulse) from the traget near my house.

Feel like grabbing a Baroness for me? :kiddo:

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Ill let you know if i come across another.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dale-Taco posted:

You are a gentleman and a scholar. :cheers:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Very nice display!! I still need to pick up that MUI Goku at some point.

Thanks!

Yeah, the MUI is a great figure overall and nice to headswap with other Gokus if you just want a general battle damaged figure. He got a large production since he’s still in stock everywhere, but I also wouldn’t sleep on it. These things usually double in price once their initial stock is gone.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anyone have recommendations for good, cheap lightboxes on Amazon to take photos of figures in?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Storm shadow is back up for grabs on Amazon atm.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Storm shadow is back up for grabs on Amazon atm.

Earlier today I saw online that Beach Head was available at the Target on my way home from work - 12 minutes later and yep, it's sold if it even really was in stock to begin with.

sticksy fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 27, 2020

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

The_Doctor posted:

Kapow Toys would probably be best, so you’re not hit with import fees.

Aphrodite posted:

If you're not American, it's never worth buying from Sideshow (unless it's an exclusive) because if you're already importing and having to pay fees, may as well import from a Hong Kong store and get it a month or two sooner.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out on Kapow Toys. It seems like Sideshow's site usually looks cheaper than buying from a company over here, but I'm guessing that difference is made up with the various import/customs/shipping fees.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Sideshow shipping for me to Canada is like $40 USD.

So at least that to the UK, plus VAT.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, Sideshow shipping for me to Canada is like $40 USD.

So at least that to the UK, plus VAT.

It's the customs charges/duty we have to pay in the UK that are the killer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wait you have customs and VAT? I thought that's what VAT was.

Ouch.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dale-Taco posted:

Found one at my local Target, thank you all the same though!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Wait you have customs and VAT? I thought that's what VAT was.

Ouch.

VAT is sales tax and applies to all goods. Customs applies to imported goods. Technically most or all US states require you to pay sales tax on all purchases, regardless of where you buy them, but no one actually bothers with that, and customs is applied when imported, which you'll definitely pay, if required before getting the good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Right, I had always thought VAT was a duty not just regular sales tax.

Does the UK have a schedule of dutied items? Here in Canada, action figures don't have a duty on them. Annoyingly though statues do.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aphrodite posted:

Right, I had always thought VAT was a duty not just regular sales tax.

Does the UK have a schedule of dutied items? Here in Canada, action figures don't have a duty on them. Annoyingly though statues do.

I was in the same boat here, as someone who lives in USA, I generally haven't dealt with Customs much at all, but I had thought that VAT == Customs fees. I had no idea it was just the alternative term for sales tax.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, customs always tacks on an additional $55 or so.

Ahsoka is a bit of a grail for me so I am fine with it.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Found one at my local Target, thank you all the same though!

Congratulations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I just got a notice that the Black Series Chopper re-release will be delivered on the 1st, which made me happy but also reminded me that there is still no The Client figure. Without a small Werner Herzog my shelf remains forever empty.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I get Super Shredder next Tuesday. Figure looks like an absolute loving beast.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

Finally got this guy delivered this morning, just so I could recreate Tony Hawk's Pro Kamehameha!

Dragon Ball Super shelf is complete!

Cool stuff man, I got most of them myself. Sadly no nice set up for them.

sticksy posted:

Earlier today I saw online that Beach Head was available at the Target on my way home from work - 12 minutes later and yep, it's sold if it even really was in stock to begin with.

If one is looking for the amazon Storm Shadow take a look at amazon.ca, he's been constantly in stock. They almost certainly ship to the States and the only real problem is it might be a bit slow mail wise.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
A couple of local Wal-Mart's came up as having the MotU Mini's wave 1 "blind" boxes in, so I decided to hit one or two up. First one, got A-C, and D-G ( Missing Trap Jaw "D" and the chase figure Slime Pit He-Man "H" ).

Went over to the other Wal-Mart about 20 miles away on the opposite side of where I live, they didn't have any on the shelves and the kid working there just said flat out that they don't carry them, and that the website lies about stock all the time.

:sigh:

I didn't have high hopes of finding Slime Pit He-Man due to scalpers, but i did want Trap Jaw in non-mini comics colors.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Keltar posted:

If one is looking for the amazon Storm Shadow take a look at amazon.ca, he's been constantly in stock. They almost certainly ship to the States and the only real problem is it might be a bit slow mail wise.

I tried this a couple weeks ago and they won't ship to the US.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I went to Target looking for those goddamn GI Joes and found AOA Apocalypse instead. So that's cool I guess.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anybody know if Hasbro is planning to make a proton pack to go with the neutrino wand that’s coming out next month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Open Marriage Night posted:

Anybody know if Hasbro is planning to make a proton pack to go with the neutrino wand that’s coming out next month?

No word as yet, but never say never. The neutrona wand doesn’t appear to have any connection ports that would hook them up together anyway. Your best bet would be the $70 proton pack you can pick up from Spirit Halloween (now open!). They look really good, have lights and sound out of the box, and there’s a whole modding community if you want to make them better (the neutrona wand that comes with them is a little small).

Here, use this: