Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Looking forward to the three hour long gameXplain video when Nintendo tweets out a jpeg of Mario wishing everyone a happy September or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I mean making a living off of YouTube has been a thing for a really long time now you guys. Y'all are acting like you're just now being exposed to the decades long tradition of 24 hrs news cycles

I'm not saying it's a good thing, just that you probably shouldn't pay it too much attention every time gamexplain releases another stupid video or some random Twitter individual makes vague predictions

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I predict that Earthbound stays dead. But they are making another solo peach adventure!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Al-Saqr posted:

Looking forward to the three hour long gameXplain video when Nintendo tweets out a jpeg of Mario wishing everyone a happy September or something

Do people actually watch entire gameXplain videos?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They never freaking explain the game so why the hell would I watch them?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

...and look at the way Mario is giving the peace sign. Are they hinting at an announcement on the 19th anniversary of the September 11th World Trade Center terrorist attacks!?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Spacebump posted:

I watched every single second of their Mario Maker 2 Columbo-like teardown of that 5-6 minute trailer from last year.

:allears:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
They should be called TrailerExplain

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

You people know that you can just not watch those YouTube videos, right? You can also not post about how much you don’t like those YouTube videos.

I finished unlocking hard mode in DKCTF, what a rad loving game. I don’t think I’m going to replay all the levels on Hard mode because I’m not a masochist, but it seriously might be the best 2D platforming game ever. I thought this thread was overhyping it but nope, it really is that good. Wish I had tried it sooner.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Wait wasn't the gamecube megaman collection made by several different teams so the interface wasn't even unified between games?

it also had really horrible input delay iirc, same with the sonic collection

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I used to but I got sick of their videos spoiling poo poo in various games in thumbnails so I unsubscribed.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 28, 2020

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Len posted:

Give it a week, the leaks will gear back up and it will happen all over again

User Fartknocker1223 has posted "Plumbers are cool, i have one coming on the third sunday to unplug my toilet, directly" on resetera, this is a CONFIRMATION OH A FULL SCALE, GENERAL MARIO DIRECT, A QUATRO COLLECTION OF 3D MARIO GAMES AND ALSO EARTHBOUND IS GETTING A AAA REMAKE AND THEY'RE MAKING A NEW KID ICARUS GAME AND THIS JUST IN I CAN CONFIRM THAT WE'RE GETTING A BOOGERMAN SEQUEL.

If you doubt me, a legion of desperate nintendo fans will accuse you of being toxic and negative for no reason.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Seriously though I follow plenty of other gaming websites and watch a lot of YouTube and this is the space where I'm exposed to people going on about rumors and leakers and direct when the most. I'm not the arbiter of discussion so carry on but it is funny considering how much time you guys spend bitching about it.

I couldn't stomach GameXplain, regardless of content because the dude's voice sucks. So yeah I just don't watch it, its pretty chill

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

dodgeblan posted:

Crystal Chronicles Remastered got released today and is getting panned :(

I really wanted it to be good

Oh no, really? Is it more than just people being mad that there's no local co-op?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't local co op the whole point?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Heath posted:

Isn't local co op the whole point?

In pre-:sun: times maybe

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

KingSlime posted:

Seriously though I follow plenty of other gaming websites and watch a lot of YouTube and this is the space where I'm exposed to people going on about rumors and leakers and direct when the most. I'm not the arbiter of discussion so carry on but it is funny considering how much time you guys spend bitching about it.

I couldn't stomach GameXplain, regardless of content because the dude's voice sucks. So yeah I just don't watch it, its pretty chill

Resetera has had 14 500+ page threads seething in hype for a general direct so I dunno what you're complaining about here. 4chan has 5-6 fake leaks posted a week

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked GameXplain and as individuals they are good people but their content has give really downhill recently imo. More rumors, more non-Nintendo stuff, less reviews or analyses or guides.

And you might think less reviews because of being a slow Nintendo year, but I remember it wasn't this bad during the WiiU era. Now lots of dumb stuff like a 10 minute video on "Does the gba GameCube adapter work in final fantasy crystal Chronicles on switch?" Of course it doesn't.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

RichterIX posted:

Has anyone jumped on the Last Campfire? It dropped today to no fanfare and has no reviews that I can find. The trailer made me and my wife both cry (it's been a rough year ok) so we are very interested and will probably drop the $15, just curious if anyone has any impressions

I haven't been playing long but I'm liking it so far, just wandering around and helping sad folks. I thought the narrator would be superfluous, but she has just such a lovely voice.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Resetera has had 14 500+ page threads seething in hype for a general direct so I dunno what you're complaining about here. 4chan has 5-6 fake leaks posted a week

I don't go to either of those websites. Is the pearl clutching about omg leakers and rumors from people who go to those websites a lot?

That makes a lot of sense actually

And maybe I didn't explain myself clearly, I don't mind those topics too much, it just seems you guys are always complaining about it. It can be tiring, especially because as you pointed out there's new rumors to be smug about totally not falling for every day

E: you can calibrate what youtube recommends btw, I dove into a lot of goon recommendations that I asked this thread for and half of the gaming videos that YouTube recommends on my homepage are genuinely interesting and good now, a lot of in-depth deep dives kind of stuff. I can't help you if you're going to 4chan regularly though

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 28, 2020

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Agrias120 posted:

Oh no, really? Is it more than just people being mad that there's no local co-op?

You can't really adventure with your friends. You can't caravan. You can't visit your friends' families and all the cool stuff. If you enter a dungeon, only the host gets the chalice drop. You have to do it once for every friend with them as the host. If a friend moves to the next area, you cannot play with them unless you're in the next area too.

It is a collection of baffling decisions.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
You know what else gets tiring? Exploring the map in blasphemous. I'm going around doing the victory lap to get leftover treasure and upgrades and yeah even though I'm overpowered for most areas the cheap deaths are still extremely annoying and getting around is just a drag. It's not hard to avoid the cheap deaths if you pay attention but this just reiterates how the action and movement are dull. Functional but not satisfying

Started as a 9/10 for me since I love the genre but it's slid down to a 7/10 and I'm not done collecting everything before going for the final ending. Also it's possible I may have missed a questline but I don't really care anymore.

I can only really recommend this game if you are a big fan of the genre. The moment-to-moment gameplay should in theory be satisfying but it just feels like a little bit of a slog. The word slog should never be used to describe a metroidvania

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

KingSlime posted:

You know what else gets tiring? Exploring the map in blasphemous. I'm going around doing the victory lap to get leftover treasure and upgrades and yeah even though I'm overpowered for most areas the cheap deaths are still extremely annoying and getting around is just a drag. It's not hard to avoid the cheap deaths if you pay attention but this just reiterates how the action and movement are dull. Functional but not satisfying

Started as a 9/10 for me since I love the genre but it's slid down to a 7/10 and I'm not done collecting everything before going for the final ending. Also it's possible I may have missed a questline but I don't really care anymore.

I can only really recommend this game if you are a big fan of the genre. The moment-to-moment gameplay should in theory be satisfying but it just feels like a little bit of a slog. The word slog should never be used to describe a metroidvania

Right there with ya. Maybe it’s better now that there are teleports but scouring the map to fill stuff in was a chore because no matter how powerful you get you never navigate much faster and there are too many insta deaths that are only one misjudged jump away

Also opaque quest goals are a plague and the trend should really fuckin die

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Takoluka posted:

You can't really adventure with your friends. You can't caravan. You can't visit your friends' families and all the cool stuff. If you enter a dungeon, only the host gets the chalice drop. You have to do it once for every friend with them as the host. If a friend moves to the next area, you cannot play with them unless you're in the next area too.

It is a collection of baffling decisions.

I was looking forward to playing it online with some of my friends, but it looks like we're all going to be saving some money. Really bummed about this. :(

Thanks for the info, though!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Agrias120 posted:

I was looking forward to playing it online with some of my friends, but it looks like we're all going to be saving some money. Really bummed about this. :(

Thanks for the info, though!

You can still technically enjoy it with your friends if you're all willing to do some incredible annoying hoop jumping!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Not a Children posted:

Right there with ya. Maybe it’s better now that there are teleports but scouring the map to fill stuff in was a chore because no matter how powerful you get you never navigate much faster and there are too many insta deaths that are only one misjudged jump away

Also opaque quest goals are a plague and the trend should really fuckin die

I hate that I feel this way because the pixel art is gorgeus, so much of the game looks like a freaking pixel oil painting. And the bosses, man those are some sick boss designs, all beautifully animated. Hell, some of the more horrific and coincidentally helpful NPCs look as cool and are animated even better than the bosses.

But when I'm not gazing at gorgeous vistas or fighting bosses, I get annoyed or have to look up something a little too much for my liking. Like you said, a lot of stuff is annoyingly opaque because it worked in Dark Souls (kinda) but it doesn't work as well here. Oh hell I forgot there's even supposed to be an expansion with new content, guess I should play that at some point before I put this game down for good :effort:

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 28, 2020

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I gave up on the expansion stuff because you can only do it in NG+ and if you thought it was a slog now just wait oh boy.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Lol are you for real?? Ok that brings it down to a 6/10 now for sure

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I finally figured out how to uprez Sunshine and the Galaxy games really well on Dolphin so gently caress you Nintendo I did the work already and I just don't care about the fake Mario Collection that is absolutely loving fake

Just give me Windjammers 2 on the Switch, that's all I need and then they can call it a year

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

KingSlime posted:

I don't go to either of those websites. Is the pearl clutching about omg leakers and rumors from people who go to those websites a lot?

That makes a lot of sense actually

And maybe I didn't explain myself clearly, I don't mind those topics too much, it just seems you guys are always complaining about it. It can be tiring, especially because as you pointed out there's new rumors to be smug about totally not falling for every day

E: you can calibrate what youtube recommends btw, I dove into a lot of goon recommendations that I asked this thread for and half of the gaming videos that YouTube recommends on my homepage are genuinely interesting and good now, a lot of in-depth deep dives kind of stuff. I can't help you if you're going to 4chan regularly though

This thread is pretty balanced honestly, and I dont see a lot of complaining. But when every "credible"(lol) leaker is going "OH poo poo GUYS, SIX DAYS AND THEY REVEAL (thing everyone wants) FOR REAL THIS TIME" then of course people are going to discuss it. People talk about other stuff too, including whatever games people are enjoying at the moment, and I find that "Hey guys, I just bought X and its awesome" seems to outnumber any other type of topic. I mean, it's still better than reddit, which had to ban "Holy poo poo, I can play BotW while taking a poo poo" threads because it was getting silly.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So Moon freezes whenever I try to exit out of the tower viewer (binoculars) located at the end of the King's Castle. Does this happen with anyone else? Do I need to use it in order to progress the game?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Playing Crystal Chronicles single player it’s basically a 1:1 remaster with better graphics and some nice tweets and improvements sprinkled on top and there’s a new post-game to work towards that seems like it’ll be cool. But yeah, the changes to multiplayer have basically relegated it to a sideshow for when you want to grind dungeons you’ve already cleared to get more artifacts,. Doing an actual playthrough alongside a friend somehow feels like it has even more annoying hoops to jump through now than when you needed a bunch of GBAs with Link Cables.

Also the whole mechanic of each member of your caravan having their own family in the town and raising that family’s skill at their profression over time just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense when you can only actually play as one member of your caravan at a time.

It would be nice if the game was patched to fix this nonsense but knowing Square-Enix and their remasters it’s either never happening or won’t happen for over a year and then will just pop up out of nowhere unannounced

Augus fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 28, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Detective No. 27 posted:

...and look at the way Mario is giving the peace sign. Are they hinting at an announcement on the 19th anniversary of the September 11th World Trade Center terrorist attacks!?

an intro for the reveal of super mario 3d world remake where cat mario climbs up the side of one tower then cat dives down into the other, bringing it down, would own

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Game explain sucks. The only good nintendo reviewer is Scott the Woz.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I used to be kinda into GX videos back right before the Switch launched and there was a bunch of info about the system and BOTW but the wear out their welcome pretty quickly and then I learned that one of their dads is like a rich famous guy and all they do is just repost every possible piece of content trying to get views and they really offer no insight at all on anything.

No I don't need to watch the Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer just directly ripped off of Nintendo's YouTube and posted on your channel guys. I'll just watch the original video thanks.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

The only good reviewer is Scott the Woz.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waltzing Along posted:

Game explain sucks. The only good nintendo reviewer is Scott the Woz.

His name is obnoxious enough I'll never watch one of his videos.

No, I've migrated my Patreon dollars over to an erocosplayer, it turns out this is much better content.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/PuyoOfficial/status/1298998706532954112

Puyo Puyo Champions got a QOL update, most important for me being the color blindness screen filters. This makes the recently announced Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 as potentially the definitive version of the game for me.

Here's my settings as an example that solved my previous problem of quickly differentiating the blue and purple puyos.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

My brain does not compute puyo at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Social Animal posted:

My brain does not compute puyo at all.
You mean the game, or the word "puyo"?