Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I started watching again with 14, and I pretty much stopped watching sometime during 15. Since, I have toughed out even the worst seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well no matter what happens tonight we'll get the probable end of one of BB's most unique and long lasting alliances and friendships, and BB fans are all kinds of embarrassingly emotional about it.

https://twitter.com/KaysarRidha/status/1299017924787634177
https://twitter.com/DakotaKnowsBest...self-3540370%2F

We'll also get our first ever 4 time evictee.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB pretending Memphis is in any way "running the game" is hilarious.

For some reason I got sick to my stomach as soon as this began.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 28, 2020

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
Cody, "...what?"

Amazing

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

David's an idiot and all and this edit doesn't even show half his idiocy, but there's something very 2020 about David saying he made a mistake because he was trying to stick with his fellow black HGs, Tyler saying he's trying to help for the same cause, but now David's dead to him because he hurt him.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
If nothing else I hope this season exposes Tyler's game as Less Than. I will take that silver lining for sure.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

There is something really funny about Tyler and Cody get indignant about this whole thing when it felt like Tyler was just using David as a number.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Savahontas posted:

If nothing else I hope this season exposes Tyler's game as Less Than. I will take that silver lining for sure.

You seriously hosed up if you win HOH, had your ally win POV, and you end the week thinking "this hurts my game."

Game's hard when you don't have an alliance of NPCs doing whatever you tell them, JC throwing away his game for you, and an alliance of idiots playing against you who don't want to be an alliance.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Julie losing her cool and nerding out for a second is the energy we needed here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Julie also confused by unnecessarily mean and messy Dani's game is.

Or else Janelle pulled off a miracle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they were hinky votes. Dani is messy. And that's two weeks in a row for Enzo.

Don't lie, Kevin. You hate Janelle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyler: I don't think Janelle going home makes sense for my game.
Kevin: I don't think Janelle going home makes sense for my game.
Bay: I don't think Janelle going home makes sense for my game.
Day: I don't think Janelle going home makes sense for my game.
Cody: I don't think Janelle going home makes sense for my game.
Dani: Janelle's going home.

Janelle goes home.

Dani: Oh yeah, I vote to keep Janelle. snicker

BB All Stars.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whelp, Janelle's not coming back.

"The Jersey guy?"

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I guess it makes sense that Julie and Janelle are friends.

Also, lol at living with a guy for three weeks and still not knowing his name.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Julie gives Memphis WAY too much credit.

And Kevin hates Janelle, Julie. Don't lie.

BB aired Nicole's mean message but not Dani's. They've picked their star.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

What was Dani’s message?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

What was Dani’s message?

Something along the lines of "I know you're not used to going before Kaysar but don't worry, he'll be out next. Bye bitches."

Neitehr is exactly gonna scandalize Janelle but the two of them worked each other up all week and then today started having regrets about how it was gonna come off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WHAT UP, KAYSAR! Look who already advanced!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I really don’t understand that scorched Earth mindset.

Kaysar already advancing has given me faint hope for the upcoming week.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Give him that key, bitch!

Do we expect to see this comp on the feeds after the Pacific time episode or was this hours ago?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

I really don’t understand that scorched Earth mindset.
Nicole and Dani came in to the house poo poo talking Janelle. Tonight's been their goal since the second they walked in the house. For Dani it seems like an agenda to prove she's "the true BB Queen" and Janelle has absolutely no idea she's been doing it and thinks they're friends and have been for 13 years. Nicole literally says she keeps notes of people who say bad things about her and she's got a list of grievances against Janelle.

Its weird and sad and messy as hell.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Savahontas posted:

Give him that key, bitch!

Do we expect to see this comp on the feeds after the Pacific time episode or was this hours ago?

I have no idea if it was a live show or not, but for endurance comps they usually jump in after the East Coast episode. For these more carnival ones it varies. Sometimes we jump in towards the end and sometimes we miss the whole thing.

Right now the feeds are a puppy licking his junk.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

STAC Goat posted:

Its weird and sad and messy as hell.

Not to over psycho analyze people but I do think Dani and Nicole have a lot of BB trauma... So it makes sense this is not their best selves.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Savahontas posted:

Not to over psycho analyze people but I do think Dani and Nicole have a lot of BB trauma... So it makes sense this is not their best selves.

For sure. And for all Nicole's flaws she's gotten a lovely shake from BB fans. She's been slutshamed for having 2 showmances 2 years removed, been told she didn't deserve her victory even repeatedly from Day in the house this season, and while she ABSOLUTELY played a dirty game there's no question women take more poo poo for that than men.

And Dani's had a weird rear end run that has been way too unfairly personal for her.

But like... its still sad and messy and wholly unnecessary. I'm sad for all parties. Janelle will be fine.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

STAC Goat posted:

For sure. And for all Nicole's flaws she's gotten a lovely shake from BB fans. She's been slutshamed for having 2 showmances 2 years removed, been told she didn't deserve her victory even repeatedly from Day in the house this season, and while she ABSOLUTELY played a dirty game there's no question women take more poo poo for that than men.

And Dani's had a weird rear end run that has been way too unfairly personal for her.

But like... its still sad and messy and wholly unnecessary. I'm sad for all parties. Janelle will be fine.

Yeah entirely agreed.

My phone is pushing some trash magazine article about "Evel Dick Finds It Tough To Defend His Daughter's Game" and like wow. loving gross. That guy can gently caress all the way off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its funny, I've been thinking about it and... I don't think Nicole is all that different a player from Tyler. Both are snakes. Neither own their poo poo. Both emotionally manipulate players. Both did showmances. Tyler arguably showmanced two women in his season and the Kaitlyn one was purely for game. Both basically played by forming a bunch of relationships early on and and getting a comfortable space in a majority with a ton of insulation. Both are pretty whiny. The main difference is Nicole won. Tyler fans would say Tyler was a more proactive player and that's probably true, but its also probably what lost him the season and Nicole being more passive is what helped her win. Nicole - by design or otherwise - was an effective floater winner while Tyler only pretended to be.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Sometimes I hear the BB community say BB16 was one of the worst seasons and I'm like "That's silly, they just have over the top hate for Derrick but he played a great game and Nicole and Donny were very likable."

Then I remember Frankie. And how much I hate Cody. And Battle of the Block. And the awkwardness of Devon's breakdown. And the coldness of Derrick and Cody cutting Britney. And all the Christine stuff. And poor, poor Amber.

Maybe they're onto something.

I’m kind of surprised Zach isn’t back for this season, he was good television even if he was insufferable. Is he a huge chud or something?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no idea if Zach is a chud or whatever. Truthfully I don't think BB fans much remember the guy. He was a lot of noise but like besides that one time he called Nicole a "fruit loop dingus" what did he ever actually do or what do we remember? He was a terrible player and just kind of a ADHD trainwreck. I don't think I would have hated to see him back or anything but I never really see anyone asking and can't think why I would.

What does "fruit loop dingus" even mean?

I guess you could argue Paul stole his thunder. Or even James? Or Victor? Brett? Idiot obnoxious guys are a dime a dozen.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Savahontas posted:

Julie losing her cool and nerding out for a second is the energy we needed here.
I too enjoyed Chenbot falling off script with Dani's vote and then doubling-down HARD on Franzel not doing the same thing.

When Dani voted Kaysar I yelled "Oh poo poo, script flip!" but alas it didn't happen. :(

It would have been hilarious if more people had thrown what would have appeared to be hinky votes materialize in the Buxom Bombshell staying in the house just because the New Schoolers were trying to be cute.

Kaysar has to go Scorched Earth from here on out but he will likely still never make jury... AGAIN.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's really no "scorched earth" to go. There's like no real confusion in this house. Everyone knows who the cool kids are, who the outcasts are, and who the floaters are. But its just the same thing we see every season. As long as its not them all the HGs play nice and vote with the house so they can stay good and hope that someone else will do something or it will all work out. Then its their turn and whoops... all those votes and allies you needed are gone.

Two weeks ago Kaysar and Janelle were like "we need to get together and save Nicole A and push back before its too late!" and Day, Bay, and Kevin walked away and were happy to throw them under the bus. Last week Day, Bay, and Kevin realized they needed to get together to save Janelle and push back and whoops... no numbers. Who could have predicted that?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Might as well call it all out... it's not like no one knows the lines and where they are.
'Cept probably Kevin & David, but especially Kevin.

Just put it all out there.
But as Janelle said post-eviction, Kaysar is going to confide with Memphis and that won't be a good look.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its pretty much all been aired out though. Like people don't know exact lines or alliances but Kaysar doesn't know those either. If it was Nicole or Dani or Cody or Tyler they could blow poo poo up because they know names and exact lines. But Kaysar's just pieced the house dynamics together through observation and logic. He can't spill the secrets because he doesn't know them. And everyone already knows the rest because he's been desperate to find allies and they all sold him out to the core to stay good with the house.

Kaysar needs HOH. And if he wins HOH he has to take a direct strike and divide the core. Then, maybe he upsets the house status quo enough to regroup and get people going for each other. But like... he could stand on the deck and announce all this and it wouldn't change anything and no one would hear anything they haven't already heard a dozen times. Even Kevin and David.

Also, Kaysar really hasn't confided in Memphis in weeks, Memphis doesn't run anything, and he's actually kind of protected Kaysar. Julie's usually a bad source for game info.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, I hate the scared gameplay where no one wants to go against the obvious big threats only because they themselves feel safe. It almost never works out, and then you have a case like with in BB20 where Faysal/Hayleight/Scottie/others just never get on the same page.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's kind of a losing strategy since it puts your fate in the big alliances hands in that you sort of hope they implode before they get to you. It's what boss hogg did last season.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

There's really no "scorched earth" to go. There's like no real confusion in this house. Everyone knows who the cool kids are, who the outcasts are, and who the floaters are. But its just the same thing we see every season. As long as its not them all the HGs play nice and vote with the house so they can stay good and hope that someone else will do something or it will all work out. Then its their turn and whoops... all those votes and allies you needed are gone.

I started watching with season 18 and have basically hated every season I've watched overall, haha, and I think part of it is that it feels to me like every season follows the same basic frustrating structure.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

obliriovrons posted:

I started watching with season 18 and have basically hated every season I've watched overall, haha, and I think part of it is that it feels to me like every season follows the same basic frustrating structure.

If anyone is looking for a season of Big Brother that has the exact opposite of this type of game play; where players form tight rival alliances, and make big moves, and the power shifts happen weekly; look for Big Brother Canada Season 6.

I decided to re-watch it after mentioning it in the spoiler thread, and it's even better than I had remembered. Such an amazingly satisfying ending!

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Bucswabe posted:

If anyone is looking for a season of Big Brother that has the exact opposite of this type of game play; where players form tight rival alliances, and make big moves, and the power shifts happen weekly; look for Big Brother Canada Season 6.

I decided to re-watch it after mentioning it in the spoiler thread, and it's even better than I had remembered. Such an amazingly satisfying ending!

Paras did absolutely nothing all season except winning HoH at final 4. Both Kayla and Derrick played far more impactful games and both should have clocked her in the final if the jury wasn’t bitter. She was the definition of a floater. Great season overall, I just think she was an incredibly weak winner and I’ve never understood people’s love for her game

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

They are really dragging out this competition.

I feel like it’s going to be Enzo. I’m happy to be wrong, but he mentioned how he’s never won an HOH.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

But I’m not happy to be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

They are really dragging out this competition.

The signs of a healthy BB game are 30 minute HOHs and then a couple of comedy comedy/character segments before noms.