Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

gently caress Ratchet and Clank give me a new Sly Cooper you cowards.

I wish we'd gotten a remaster or remake or whatever for Sly Cooper and all the R&C games. It's such a shame that they're all locked on PSNow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Let's go straight to the vein and bring back Blinx the Time Sweeper.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Final boss of Control AWE was so awful I just turned on one hit kills, no regrets, gently caress bosses that regenerate health if you don't do stuff quick enough.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Am I the only one who wants Fall Guys season 2 to consist entirely of the plinko game that obviously happens when you lose and am already tired of waiting for the gamble? Do you think you're cute, teasing this poo poo? My rejected corpse shall bounce through pegs and I will be rewarded maybe. Make it happen.

Maybe just more music.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I gave Fall Guys a shot and I just can't get into it, it doesn't feel good to play. It looks like fun, and seems like a really good alternative to your standard shootmans battle royale game. And I mean I get that it's not Ninja Warrior, it's Takeshi's Castle. It's not a showcase of skill, it's a series of dumb minigames with no real pressure or expectations. But it feels really loose and floaty to me, it doesn't feel like I have any control, which is pretty much the worst thing a platforming game can do. Jumping and diving doesn't seem responsive enough. Even walking around and turning feels off to me. Anyone else get that feeling, is it any better on PC?

The game with the revolving cylindrical platform where you have to skip between the segments, dodge obstacles and not fall through the holes, should not be a difficult game. But I played three different rounds and failed so quickly in each of them, I didn't even end up trapped or knocked off by players, I just walked off each time because I couldn't be where I wanted to be. I don't know if there's like a delay, or something in the physics that I just need to get used to, but I can't get more than a couple rounds in because of how it feels to play.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fix posted:

Am I the only one who wants Fall Guys season 2 to consist entirely of the plinko game that obviously happens when you lose and am already tired of waiting for the gamble? Do you think you're cute, teasing this poo poo? My rejected corpse shall bounce through pegs and I will be rewarded maybe. Make it happen.

Maybe just more music.

I just want them to drop Perfect Match and Seesaw from the lineup. Perfect Match does nothing but waste everyone's time, and Seesaw is just miserable watching everyone get bottlenecked at every step. Let alone if you respawn in the wrong spawnpoint while everyone else gets to progress.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Fall Guys is fun and cool to play

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Geoff Keighley said Fall Guys is the definitive game of Summer 2020 and shows the best of what the games industry can be

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just want them to drop Perfect Match and Seesaw from the lineup. Perfect Match does nothing but waste everyone's time, and Seesaw is just miserable watching everyone get bottlenecked at every step. Let alone if you respawn in the wrong spawnpoint while everyone else gets to progress.

I like seesaw tbh. Get rid of tail tag imo.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I'm working on a pitch deck for a new title called Fall Guys: Heroes. its a 5v5 hero based competitive fps that features meta-growth, choice + epic heroes

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The point is that the music is bad. The game needs better, more variant music. It'll fix so many problems.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

WaltherFeng posted:

Nioh is a lot of things but janky it is not. It's one of the best combat systems in Soulslikes, if not the best. The game is also designed to run at 60 fps on base consoles.

I agree. It's a tight game and the combat stuff it borrows from Ninja Gaiden slides in well.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

You gotta be kidding me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you hate loot it's not for you but I enjoy being able to break games and Nioh invites you to break it with great vim.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't hate loot but the combination of Souls design and Ninja Gaiden combat makes it impossible for me to play, I can barely cope with R1 spam + dodge.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fix posted:

The point is that the music is bad. The game needs better, more variant music. It'll fix so many problems.

Ohh yeah, that too :hmmyes:. I think there's like two? Maybe three? BGM tracks for levels total?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't hate loot but the combination of Souls design and Ninja Gaiden combat makes it impossible for me to play, I can barely cope with R1 spam + dodge.

Actually this was my biggest issue with Nioh 1, not letting you use controls the same as Souls.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Unreal_One posted:

It's just a joke bro isn't really acceptable in TYOOL 2020, hth

Like, they shouldn't be banned for making the joke, but a hyperbolic gently caress you is absolutely an appropriate response

lmao what the hell are you talking about

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Actually this was my biggest issue with Nioh 1, not letting you use controls the same as Souls.

This a million times. I could not get my brain to disconnect between playing a souls like game and not using souls controls. I gave up very frustrated

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TheDarkFlame posted:

It's not a showcase of skill, it's a series of dumb minigames with no real pressure or expectations.

That's kind of the fun of it. It's fairly low pressure but just high enough that you can get into it without it ever being too frustrating, at least I can. It's a nice break if you play sweaty rear end MP shooters a lot. There is some degree of skill though. I'm not going to pretend the ceiling is super high but we all do pretty well consistently but maybe zoomers are just terrible at platformers idk. Theres honestly probably a lot of literal 4 year olds playing tbh lol.

TheDarkFlame posted:

But it feels really loose and floaty to me, it doesn't feel like I have any control, which is pretty much the worst thing a platforming game can do. Jumping and diving doesn't seem responsive enough. Even walking around and turning feels off to me. Anyone else get that feeling, is it any better on PC?

This I don't agree with. I think it feels good although it might take a few rounds to get used to the feel but the controls are very solid. The netcode on the other hand...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Finished Last of Us 2.

What a piece of poo poo.

Also, Ghost of Tsushima GOTY 2020.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That said, a much more skill based equivalent of Fall Guys would be awesome.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Finished Last of Us 2.

What a piece of poo poo.

Turn on your monitor.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Geoff Keighley said Fall Guys is the definitive game of Summer 2020 and shows the best of what the games industry can be

lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

fridge corn posted:

This a million times. I could not get my brain to disconnect between playing a souls like game and not using souls controls. I gave up very frustrated

Man I'm so glad I don't have this problem. I mainly play twitchy action games on the face buttons though so I find the souls trigger attacks are the ones I need to adapt to when I pick up a from game.

E: it has an absolute shitload of buttons which I like but yeah it's probably be super irritating to try and come at with no warning

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The funny thing is that you can totally custom map all of the buttons in Nioh 2 except O for some inexplicable reason. And I decided I didn't really care about them loving around with the Souls controls but the one thing I could not get past was using X for dodge and it was the one single thing I couldn't change.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

You gotta be kidding me

There’s literally one of those messages next to anything involving boobs in the whole game and it’s sexist and exhausting and it sucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Finished Last of Us 2.

What a piece of poo poo.

Also, Ghost of Tsushima GOTY 2020.

lmfao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

The funny thing is that you can totally custom map all of the buttons in Nioh 2 except O for some inexplicable reason. And I decided I didn't really care about them loving around with the Souls controls but the one thing I could not get past was using X for dodge and it was the one single thing I couldn't change.

I find custom mapping Nioh fucks you up for stances and stuff a bit because the three make sense on the face while holding a trigger. No idea how you'd remap that to feel good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s literally one of those messages next to anything involving boobs in the whole game and it’s sexist and exhausting and it sucks

What

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

“Nice chest ahead” or “amazing chest” or something

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh I've never read a message in a souls or like.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To me the boobs issue is made more interesting by the fact that Gwynevere is just a pleasing illusion in the first place.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JBP posted:

Oh I've never read a message in a souls or like.

:eyepop:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Finished Last of Us 2.

What a piece of poo poo.

I love the idea of playing a game that long and feeling this way about it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Just a sign of Humanity imo

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Finished Last of Us 2.

What a piece of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?s=21

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm sorry but this one of the stupidest things I have ever seen someone get worked up over. If pre-teen quality user made jokes that suggest a character with huge boobs, in fact has huge boobs makes you want to stab people, it's probably time to see a therapist or something.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

I'm sorry but this one of the stupidest things I have ever seen someone get worked up over. If pre-teen quality user made jokes that suggest a character with huge boobs, in fact has huge boobs makes you want to stab people, it's probably time to see a therapist or something.

He just doesn't really like it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dan Didio posted:

I love the idea of playing a game that long and feeling this way about it.

The gameplay is great and I loved the first one so much I've written a trillion words about it, but loving LMAO at what a gigantic turd of a story the second one tried to tell.

Total film school hack poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Anything that's possible to write in messages in Dark Souls has got to be in the bottom 10th percentile of sexist poo poo in the entire world of multiplayer video games. Or maybe video games in general.