Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

kiimo posted:

Early news on Montgomery man what a great time to pick up...

running back Ryan Nall?

Searching....

Um. That looks suboptimal

4 ypc!

on 2 carries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Montgomery....fine?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1298672140552560640

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Not a Montgomery owner but that’s good news.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

If you need an extra manager for a yahoo or espn league with no buy in, PM me and I’ll play

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Can I drool over my Dynasty stable of running backs for a minute?

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Jonathan Taylor
Joe Mixon
Miles Sanders
Josh Jacobs
Phillip Lindsay
Devin Singletary
Sony Michel
Lamar Miller
Justin Jackson
Devonte Freeman

:getin:

How do you have CEH and Taylor?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

You can trade for picks in dynasty

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

You can trade for picks in dynasty

I gathered this much lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RCarr posted:

Can I drool over my Dynasty stable of running backs for a minute?

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Jonathan Taylor
Joe Mixon
Miles Sanders
Josh Jacobs
Phillip Lindsay
Devin Singletary
Sony Michel
Lamar Miller
Justin Jackson
Devonte Freeman

:getin:

Christ I thought I had the monopoly on murderers row dynasty backs. Since we're dynasty bragging look upon my works ye mighty and despair. A roster successfully burned down and hopefully rebuilt.

QB: Lamar, Minshew, Darnold
RB: Saquan, Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Taylor, Fournette, AJ Dillion
WR: Deebo, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell, N'Kael Harry, Darius Slayton, Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Denzel Mimms, Devin Duvarney
TE; Mark Andrews, Mike Gesicki

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

I gathered this much lol

Well he probably traded for some picks haha

I think I only have one league I sold out for 2020 picks. 12 team 2 QB in need of QB and plenty of ammo to grab RBs later, so got Tua at 1.02 (Burrow went 1.01), then Taylor 1.05, Swift 1.06, and Akers 1.08. CEH and Dobbins went 3 and 4, Herbert went 7. Good year to need RBs. My only other RBs were Saquon, DJ, and Lindsay, woe is me lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Christ I thought I had the monopoly on murderers row dynasty backs. Since we're dynasty bragging look upon my works ye mighty and despair. A roster successfully burned down and hopefully rebuilt.

QB: Lamar, Minshew, Darnold
RB: Saquan, Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Taylor, Fournette, AJ Dillion
WR: Deebo, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell, N'Kael Harry, Darius Slayton, Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Denzel Mimms, Devin Duvarney
TE; Mark Andrews, Mike Gesicki

I only have three running backs in my dynasty league, but I win because two of them are Saquon and Kamara

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I had both Andrews and Hurst in dynasty because I didn't know which one would emerge in Baltimore. I had to drop Hurst before the draft and then picked him up again. He's the man in Atlanta, they're both going to feast.

Some teams go years without discovering a good tight end and they apparently grow on trees in Baltimore

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

My first round pick ended up turning into 1.01, and last year I traded Jeffery+Ingram for Thielen + a first, which turned out to be 1.02.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would have gone galaxy brain and taken CEH and JK Dobbins

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
lol the jets traded for Ballage.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

That has to be a conditional 7th or useless guy who's gonna be cut trade right?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

lol the jets traded for Ballage.

Bell drafters in shambles

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

sourdough posted:

Ones who grab Bell were already in shambles...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
hmm this back has RB16 upside and RB36 downside better mash that draft button at RB19

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Remember when Bell had RB1 ceiling and RB1 floor?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I just don’t understand how people continue to employ Adam Gase.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So Miami was going to release him but the Jets wisely gave them a draft pick instead.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

sourdough posted:

Whew dodged that bullet

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
draft cam akers or jk dobbins? .5 ppr dynasty

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dobbins. Though I think Akers is a bit underrated in both dynasty and redraft right now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

draft cam akers or jk dobbins? .5 ppr dynasty

Dynasty it's Dobbins redraft it's Akers

Cervixalot posted:

Dobbins. Though I think Akers is a bit underrated in both dynasty and redraft right now.

my man

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
went w dobbins

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Dynasty it's Dobbins redraft it's Akers

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Somehow while clicking around in Yahoo Fantasy I was enrolled in a 10 man mock draft, to which I paid no attention to and let the autodrafter do the work for me.

I drafted 2nd and somehow got a B+ draft rating :wtf:

code:
Your Team
1. Saquon Barkley (NYG - RB)
2. Nick Chubb (Cle - RB)
3. Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
4. A.J. Brown (Ten - WR)
5. Terry McLaurin (Was - WR)
6. Ronald Jones II (TB - RB)
7. Kyler Murray (Ari - QB)
8. Buffalo (Buf - DEF)
9. Harrison Butker (KC - K)
10. Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR)
11. James White (NE - RB)
12. Baker Mayfield (Cle - QB)
13. Jamison Crowder (NYJ - WR)
14. T.J. Hockenson (Det - TE)
15. New England (NE - DEF)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How are y'all really that low on Chubb? Hunt was there last year and he nearly took the rushing title.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I probably will not take Chubb unless he is the last one of his tier left for me. One concern I have is that since Hunt has had more time to integrate in the system, the touch split will be more similar to the end of the season where Chubb was getting ~ 16/game, compared to 23/game pre-Hunt. Hunt is by far the best 2nd RB on a team and only two years removed from a consensus first round pick, so he could potentially grab more touches if it masks their play-calling better or whatever. I do not hate Chubb and still think he will have a decent year and could potentially repeat last year, but I would rather take my chances with someone else at the end of the first who plays all 3 downs. ADP ~9 just seems a bit rich for me, but if he is there around pick 17 I would think about it.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 28, 2020

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Chubb is an amazing rusher who could make us all look like fools but he's riskier than any other back in that range because he has Hunt behind him and because he doesn't really catch passes. So he's game-script dependent and, well, Kareem Hunt is *really good*. Chubb just wasn't quite the same after Hunt started up last year iirc.

I love getting him with Saquon though and I'm hoping my first three rounds in my home league fall exactly like that poster's did. Chubb's upside could be a league winner but I don't want him as my RB1.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
With Hunt playing the last 8 games, Chubb had 144-691-2 rushing and 11-117-0 receiving on 17 targets, so main difference was just fewer targets (he had 32 targets the first 8 games) and lack of touchdowns (that probably was a fluke more than indicative of some change in his role since Hunt also only had 2 rushing touchdowns). I get the concerns about Hunt, but especially in standard leagues, feels a little overblown. Chubb is like Derrick Henry + three-down-back receiving upside if things break the right way during the season. He's an easy pick with a late 1st imo. He'd be battling it out with Zeke and Kamara in that RB#3-5 tier if Hunt weren't there, and Hunt didn't hurt his production that much anyway, it was more flukey touchdown unluckiness on a lovely team that hopefully won't be so lovely next year.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 28, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
If I'm remembering the stats right his goal line touches didn't go down and it was just that they weren't able to score when close during the back half of the season. Mark me down as another Chubb believer.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I remember reading that he was also the RB with the most (close to?) stacked boxes but still had pretty great ypc.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 28, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chernabog posted:

I remember reading that he was also the RB with the most (close to?) stacked boxes but still had pretty great ypc.

He had an 18.2% stacked box rate (#30) and had 3.2 YPC on stacked boxes.

He also had 15 carries for -14 yards within the 5 and zero ten zone targets. Kevin Stefanski should fix all of this but there was a lot of hidden weirdness in Chubb's numbers last year.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Ah, then I'm probably misremembering. #30 ain't too bad.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
New challenge for this year: Make a team where your whole team has a week 8 bye. I keep almost doing this accidentally.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Quick poll for the audience. Need to submit my keepers, and I've narrowed it down to three. I need to pick two between:

- Nick Chubb (as a 9th round pick)
- Terry McLaurin (as a 9th round pick)
- James Conner (as a 7th round pick)

It's 0.5 PPR, and if I keep both Chubb and McLaurin I'll have to keep one as an 8th instead of a 9th, which is fine. I'm pretty much locked in to taking Chubb and mostly trying to decide between McLaurin and Conner, but I can be convinced otherwise. That said, I see a TON of WR depth around McLaurin's ADP, and RB just looks like a total crapshoot. I'm more or less expecting to mostly draft RBs for the first few rounds of the draft as it is.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Gearman posted:

Quick poll for the audience. Need to submit my keepers, and I've narrowed it down to three. I need to pick two between:

- Nick Chubb (as a 9th round pick)
- Terry McLaurin (as a 9th round pick)
- James Conner (as a 7th round pick)

It's 0.5 PPR, and if I keep both Chubb and McLaurin I'll have to keep one as an 8th instead of a 9th, which is fine. I'm pretty much locked in to taking Chubb and mostly trying to decide between McLaurin and Conner, but I can be convinced otherwise. That said, I see a TON of WR depth around McLaurin's ADP, and RB just looks like a total crapshoot. I'm more or less expecting to mostly draft RBs for the first few rounds of the draft as it is.

Chubb and Conner. A 9th rounder is good value for McLaurin (or 8th rounder), but you have plenty of rounds to grab other solid WRs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

Chubb and Conner. A 9th rounder is good value for McLaurin (or 8th rounder), but you have plenty of rounds to grab other solid WRs.

Seconded