Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

PawParole posted:

https://www.ianwelsh.net/biden-has-what-it-takes-to-lose/

Joe Biden has what it takes to lose

Biden’s average lead in battleground states is down to about 3.2% from over 8%.

Biden’s play is basically the same as Hillary’s was: left wingers have nowhere else to go, they’ll vote for us no matter what, let’s get suburban white centrists and Republicans who are repulsed by Trump.

Didn’t work for Clinton. I had assumed it would work for Biden, simply because Trump has reigned over absolute catastrophe, but Biden seems to have what it takes to lose.

biden hasnt give anyone a reason to vote for him beyond him not being trump

that isnt terribly inspiring to people that dont care about politics and just want to go on with their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Radish posted:

Going to be exhibit one hundred for why having a Big Tent relying on squishy conservatives is a bad plan for actually doing good things.

The tweets will come in two flavors: woke PMC types blaming young white activists for usurping black grievances and false-flagging conservatives into going back to Trump, and racist libs directly blaming black activists for scaring off the old whites.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Sir Tonk posted:

that isnt terribly inspiring to people that dont care about politics and just want to go on with their lives

They're also big on, "Game Theory dictates you eat my poo poo. The other guy's offering poison (and I will never stop him lmao)!"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Maya Fey posted:

bernie has entered what historians will refer to as his Epic Bernie phase

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1299178092271984642

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDCORE/status/1299334152227938307

:hmmyes:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Some Guy TT posted:

i like how the violence is just being treated as this abstract force of nature completely beyond anyones control

it doesnt seem to occur to anyone that the reason why the suburbanites are freaking out about violence is because they were promised biden would be the negro whisperer but the protests are just getting worse instead of going away because biden and the democratic party at large are refusing to address them

in my fanfic presidential nominee bernie sanders comes up with an actual serious plan to end police violence and starts bullying mayors and police departments to follow through on it and then like magic the protests disappear without bernie even having to be president yet and he gets all the credit

The Democratic leadership wants to treat this problem like it's some kind of elemental force killing people and not very specific people acting within a system that at best ignores and at worst encourages it. Like if they tweet and wish hard enough this monster will be defeated instead of it being a result of policies and ideology that they can directly address with legislation.

I am also giving them the benefit of the doubt they want to solve the issue.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 16:10 on Aug 28, 2020

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i like her twitter profile pic. has 'retired starfleet admiral' vibes

all retired starfleet admirals are either filled with parasites, morally compromised, or strategically shortsighted liberals so this checks out

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hmmm yes okay

https://twitter.com/postopinions/status/1299322870578008064?s=21

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

arson-inclined inhabitants of the wilder shores of american politics? what the gently caress

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

fits my needs posted:

arson-inclined inhabitants of the wilder shores of american politics? what the gently caress
lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the "wilder shores"

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

"The country's dyin', Joe!"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if only there were some uppity black person he could insult......

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/796229362643152896?s=20

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Succ Zone: The Arson-Inclined Inhabitants Of The Wilder Shores Of American Politics

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

the "wilder shores"

they were gonna use "racial jungles", but someone already coined that

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Classic George Will: racism and debt-scolding

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

couldn't find the Family Circus map where he got assaulted so have this

quote:

He tried to get me arrested, to destroy my career; I decided to correct him gently, deferentially. Not any more.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/12/11/daniel_dale_rob_ford_is_lying_about_me_and_its_vile.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

why is the an editorial with this exact headline every cycle?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BET THE loving FARM ON SUBURBAN VOTERS

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Wasn't this published four years ago but with Biden replaced with Clinton?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

docbeard posted:

Succ Zone: The Arson-Inclined Inhabitants Of The Wilder Shores Of American Politics

no, that's the Cool Zone

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

i wonder if this is an act, how can a man listen to so many trump words and not become the joker

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Not sure if this should be here or the Epstein thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFbmKAx5Jwo

last i checked the epstein thread was about being anti-vax, so prob works here.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

fits my needs posted:

thread title

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Sir Tonk posted:

Literally the same strategy as Hillary lmao

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

as somebody from the suburbs of southeastern Wisconsin, gently caress the suburbs lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I just looked up this guy's wiki and he kept resigning b/c his brutal actions created worse and worse reactions including assasinations of political leaders and large scale bombings?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

can someone fill me in on what the title means

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

why is the an editorial with this exact headline every cycle?

because it's an article of faith that a democrat can't win unless he shows he can put uppity black people in their place

the original "sister souljah moment," for those who don't know, is when bill clinton at a rainbow coalition event publicly repudiated a rapper named sister souljah for being reverse racist

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Shageletic posted:

can someone fill me in on what the title means

george will describing how joe biden needs to scold the uppity africans who are causing so much trouble

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
look don't you get that biden's gotta promise to beat them uppity minorities back in line? there's a gat dang cheeto in the white house!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
good thing that all those poc voters the dems need to win don't ever read the news or this could become a problem

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Dems objectively hate minorities more than the GOP does.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Shageletic posted:

I just looked up this guy's wiki and he kept resigning b/c his brutal actions created worse and worse reactions including assasinations of political leaders and large scale bombings?

this article has crucial background for understanding what that tweet is getting at:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Lead_(Italy)

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

HD DAD posted:

Dems objectively hate minorities more than the GOP does.

probably not. they definitely hate them, especially the ones who don't 'fall in line,' but i don't think it exceeds the GOP's hatred

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

biden has already had several sister souljah moments most of the black speakers at the rnc were very diligent when it came to reminding us about them

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the gop hate minorities in general more, but the dems definitely hate minorities who don't show them enough fealty with an intensity that rivals even the most hardcore nazi

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Guys, Biden can't do the right thing because it's UNPOPULAR.

And yet, universal health care and legal weed and free college aren't in the platform. Biden can't do the right thing even if it's popular

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Quality anti-succ content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1W9SPPEbwM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Finicums Wake posted:

probably not. they definitely hate them, especially the ones who don't 'fall in line,' but i don't think it exceeds the GOP's hatred

mostly it's that democrats hate minorities because they make their jobs harder, republicans hate minorities because they're bigots