Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Open Marriage Night posted:

I used to make gym leader style teams for fun. Nothing ever competitive, but I liked the idea of being a Rock type gym leader with all Pokémon based off dinosaurs.
Oh god I did the same in player battles. All dino team gimmicks for actual ages. My archeops wrecked it but the omastar setup was my most 'effective' in getting people to force disconnect. Rock is such a lovely type. I don't know what competitive is but I definitely beat a lot of people online. (Is showdown competitive or just practice mode in this dialect?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I made my S6 doubles team and I keep running into people literally running 6 of the banned Pokémon as teams

Gotta get your value out of them while it lasts

Sanctum posted:

Oh god I did the same in player battles. All dino team gimmicks for actual ages. My archeops wrecked it but the omastar setup was my most 'effective' in getting people to force disconnect. Rock is such a lovely type. I don't know what competitive is but I definitely beat a lot of people online. (Is showdown competitive or just practice mode in this dialect?)

Showdown is competitive yes. Competitive is like do you know what an IV is

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I've been wanting to do a VGC style draft league for a while now, but I don't think I know enough people irl who would be interested in it. So if we start up one here I'd probably be down.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

do u believe in marigolds posted:

You get 30BP for getting 5 wins and 30BP for the first time getting 5 wins in each type and then 3BP for each win. After you get 5 wins in each type you get a t-shirt with Mustard on it.

Alternatively, I can reach Master Ball in a ranked format for 600BP a month per format.

Plasbad posted:

I've been wanting to do a VGC style draft league for a while now, but I don't think I know enough people irl who would be interested in it. So if we start up one here I'd probably be down.

Likewise, this sounds good as hell

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I just finished a Singles draft a week ago, I definitely recommend setting one up if it sounds interesting. It helps to have a discord server where you can ping people when it's their turn to draft to keep things from dragging.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I just finished a Singles draft a week ago, I definitely recommend setting one up if it sounds interesting. It helps to have a discord server where you can ping people when it's their turn to draft to keep things from dragging.

I'm thinking a VGC style one, since theres a million singles draft leagues out there already.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

dunno if anyone in here plays Pokemon Masters but despite being bottom barrel gacha trash, it has really really good battle music remixes, especially in the newest update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0X3_OiNBDY

They just added an elite 4 battle mode and gave each of the members their own remix of the Kanto elite 4 battle music which is kinda nuts

I especially like Bruno's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghG6Y1338Ho

Honestly the entire soundtrack for the game is amazing

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mabels big day posted:

dunno if anyone in here plays Pokemon Masters but despite being bottom barrel gacha trash, it has really really good battle music remixes, especially in the newest update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0X3_OiNBDY

They just added an elite 4 battle mode and gave each of the members their own remix of the Kanto elite 4 battle music which is kinda nuts

I especially like Bruno's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghG6Y1338Ho

Honestly the entire soundtrack for the game is amazing

man, these go hard

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Champion Stadium's theme being a remix of the Kanto Badge Gates is delightfully anxiety-inducing

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NZC2R83

if you want to play a goon pokemon draft league, fill this out. deciding between vgc and singles. discord link is in the survey

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NZC2R83

if you want to play a goon pokemon draft league, fill this out. deciding between vgc and singles. discord link is in the survey

Do you have a link to the WBE rules? Also the discord link is dead.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Do you have a link to the WBE rules? Also the discord link is dead.

Yeah I realized i had to re-make the server, so here's a new link https://discord.gg/6c4rJGQ

https://draft-league.nl/public/pages/leaguetier.php?league=118

this is their banlist - the way it works is a standard snake draft, you can draft one g-max pokemon and that's the only mon on your team that can dynamax. I'll get a write-up for it before the league starts.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 30, 2020

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Hey folks. Not sure if this is the thread to do this, since the trading thread seems to be not active recently.

I need some help finishing my SwSh Pokédex; all I have left is a few trade evos I need. Can anybody help me with that? (And help with evolving Applin to Appletun because I don’t have a Sweet Apple).

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SirBukkake posted:

Hey folks. Not sure if this is the thread to do this, since the trading thread seems to be not active recently.

I need some help finishing my SwSh Pokédex; all I have left is a few trade evos I need. Can anybody help me with that? (And help with evolving Applin to Appletun because I don’t have a Sweet Apple).

I'll help ya out. How many ya need? As a matter of fact I need a little help with a trade evo myself. Can you help me out getting my shelmet into an accelgor?

P.S. I'll send em' over with a spare sweet apple on him.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If you're playing Shield, Sweet Apples spawn on that island in the big lake in the lower part of the wild area.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Flopsy posted:

I'll help ya out. How many ya need? As a matter of fact I need a little help with a trade evo myself. Can you help me out getting my shelmet into an accelgor?

P.S. I'll send em' over with a spare sweet apple on him.

Thanks! Let’s see; I need to evolve Feebas, Applin, Rhydon, Karrablast and Sneasel. (Perfect since you need an accelgor). My Switch friend code is SW-7821-9251-2718

After this it’s finding a Zamasenta and trying to evolve a Tyrogue to a Hitmontop. I’m excited to finally get a shiny charm for the first time ever.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SirBukkake posted:

Thanks! Let’s see; I need to evolve Feebas, Applin, Rhydon, Karrablast and Sneasel. (Perfect since you need an accelgor). My Switch friend code is SW-7821-9251-2718

After this it’s finding a Zamasenta and trying to evolve a Tyrogue to a Hitmontop. I’m excited to finally get a shiny charm for the first time ever.

Aight I got your FC added and I sent you a friend request. If that doesn't come through my FC is SW-6917-9642-9875. I'm ready to go at any time just give me a heads up on here so I can get online and we can get this show on the road.

I've already attached a sweet apple to the shelmet so you may have to take a moment to remove it before continuing the trade.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Sent you a PM. Ready whenever you are!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SirBukkake posted:

Sent you a PM. Ready whenever you are!

Okie dokie I'm logged in my Link code is 3366 9955

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Alright I got your Escavalier! When you remove the sweet apple contact me again!

edit: sneasel isn't a trade evolution. It a level up by night evolution. I'll evolve it for you and send it back hold on.

edit #2 : OK! that should be all your trade evolutions. To evolve the applin just use a sweet apple on it!

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 1, 2020

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Thanks! Also I totally forgot the trade item for Swirlix ack. I can skip that for now..

Edit: Thanks Flopsy! I’m almost there!

SirBukkake fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 1, 2020

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SirBukkake posted:

Thanks! Also I totally forgot the trade item for Swirlix ack. I can skip that for now..

I have a sachet if you need one. Just let me know.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Flopsy posted:

I have a sachet if you need one. Just let me know.

Isn’t a Whipped Dream needed for evolving to Slurpuff? I don’t have either unfortunately, but if you have time for one more evo I’ll be grateful!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SirBukkake posted:

Isn’t a Whipped Dream needed for evolving to Slurpuff? I don’t have either unfortunately, but if you have time for one more evo I’ll be grateful!

Oh jeez got it mixed up with spritzee but yeah I can do another trade if you want. i have a whipped dream on hand.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Flopsy posted:

Oh jeez got it mixed up with spritzee but yeah I can do another trade if you want. i have a whipped dream on hand.

Awesome! Yes please. Love to do one last trade evo whenever you’re ready.

Edit: suuuhweet! Thanks again Flopsy!

SirBukkake fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 1, 2020

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SirBukkake posted:

Awesome! Yes please. Love to do one last trade evo whenever you’re ready.

Ok setting up the link code again!

edit: And there you go! Feel free to ask me for some free shinies if you want I'm up to my ears in em'.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 1, 2020

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
That's gotta be at least partially on purpose at this point

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:chloe:

They uh, really didn't proof read that one eh?

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

It is a gacha game, after all.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I find it really funny because they just decided to change the name of the game after a year, and then this happens. Like, has there ever been any other active game that decided it just needed to change its name for no pressing reason?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

dungeon cousin posted:

I find it really funny because they just decided to change the name of the game after a year, and then this happens. Like, has there ever been any other active game that decided it just needed to change its name for no pressing reason?

Marvel Heroes had like 3 name changes I think but I just assumed it was due to arcane licensing reasons

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, misunderstood.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Epic High Five posted:

Marvel Heroes had like 3 name changes I think but I just assumed it was due to arcane licensing reasons

That was so they could gently caress with the reviews because the game was bad at launch and had a really low score, and they relaunched in such a way to give them a separate set of reviews.

And then I guess they wanted to update the name with the years since that's what they did before and then the Omega update was supposed to be so massive they needed to rename the game and then they shut down before most of the update happened

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1300962805399445505

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Non Sex Pokemon

Sword Shield season 6 is here and they banned all the popular pokemon (Togekiss, Rillaboom, etc etc) so pretty much every single team you run into now is something that you wouldn't have seen a week ago. It's really cool! I like the "discovery" phase in games like these the most so I'm having fun figuring out what works before you just end up with a new popular team by season end.

I've been using this ingame (EVs aren't exactly the same)

Generally lead with Primarina/Coalossal if it looks safe, since Aqua Jet/Gmaxed coalossal will wipe out half a team if you don't have an answer.
If they do have an answer, people spend a LOT of resources trying to get rid of Coalossal - they are really afraid of him. Primarina is actually still a huge threat that people ignore way too often and Coal can safely sit there and protect while she destroys a team that is unprepared.

In the back you can have Ferrothorn which switches in really well on most things Coal's afraid of, or Marowak who is immune to fighting and can switch in to that. Marowak can also absorb obvious Lightning attacks going into Primarina but I don't run into loads of those.

I did not realize how good Primarina is - with Assault Vest + Dynamax she can take multiple grass and lightning type attacks, and nobody really expects the max overgrowth for some reason (My last Pokemon was a Primarina against rain, who Dynamaxed and soloed 3 pokemon)

Clefable with Safety Goggles + Safeguard is funny because it completely invalidates Amoonguss - however I am running into Amoonguss way less than I expected so I might change this around

The other mode of the team is going for trick room - either hard with Clefable or just have Dusclops trick room with something next to him that is too threatening to ignore. Marowak and Ferrothorn are immediate threats in trick room who need no setup, and Primarina is actually slow enough that she generally gets faster in trick room. I actually run Dusclops a lot because without the steam engine Coalossal this is mainly a TR team.

Let's see how it does! I just started but so far I'm pretty confident this gets into Masterball, just don't know how high

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Sep 2, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

In Non Sex Pokemon

Sword Shield season 6 is here and they banned all the popular pokemon (Togekiss, Rillaboom, etc etc) so pretty much every single team you run into now is something that you wouldn't have seen a week ago. It's really cool! I like the "discovery" phase in games like these the most so I'm having fun figuring out what works before you just end up with a new popular team by season end.

I should probably give it a try again, I tried a few games a season or 2 ago and mostly got clowned on, at least if everything is up in the air it might be entertaining

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

This looks fun, do you have a rental team code for it?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Hammerite posted:

I should probably give it a try again, I tried a few games a season or 2 ago and mostly got clowned on, at least if everything is up in the air it might be entertaining

VGC is a lot of fun but you'll really benefit from paying attention to the meta at higher levels - you're gonna see a lot of the same threats over and over (especially once this banlist shakes out) and knowing what their gameplan is is super important.

Pikalytics is your friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

dungeon cousin posted:

as someone who has been playing masters this entire time, the newest update specifically did not warrant a big enough change for a new name (several earlier updates have added/changed more), they just wanted to rebrand it slightly to signify to all the people who tried it at release when it was really bad that it has changed since then