Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Finally my posts can come even faster than my weak human fingers allow. I've been waiting for a ghost in the Shell hand mod in vain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
ngl, datajacks have always been my favorite cyberpunk trope ever since my first game of shadowrun

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Q: What are you excited about using this tech for?

Team member 1: Telepathy. Forming words is so cumbersome and I just want to think stuff at people.
Team member 2: I'd uhh, like to help people with degenerative motor neuron disease not live in constant agony and paralysis

SaTaMaS
Apr 18, 2003

Glottis posted:

Team member 1: Telepathy. Forming words is so cumbersome and I just want to think stuff at people.
Team member 2: I'd uhh, like to help people with degenerative motor neuron disease not live in constant agony and paralysis

Elon Musk: Seriously though, this is all so that AGI can't enslave the human race. :awesomelon:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I want to get a first-generation brain implant so that by the time it's 3 or 4 years old it's so riddled with unpatchable security holes that merely existing outside of a faraday cage results in me being brainjacked by malware, bonus points if there's corrosion or something on the part that directly interfaces with my shark-smooth brain because it was from the first production run and they hadn't worked out the kinks yet

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Using my cyber telepathy skills to send to your brains my unsolicited dick pics

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

blatman posted:

I want to get a first-generation brain implant so that by the time it's 3 or 4 years old it's so riddled with unpatchable security holes that merely existing outside of a faraday cage results in me being brainjacked by malware, bonus points if there's corrosion or something on the part that directly interfaces with my shark-smooth brain because it was from the first production run and they hadn't worked out the kinks yet

Can't wait for life to look just like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I was thinking of the scene in Altered Carbon where he puts in the AR eyepatch while tripping balls

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1299446656895561728

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

Can't wait for life to look just like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs

nah that's the best case scenario. What's actually going to happen is all of the software will be deprecated and the system will think you're using an unauthorized adblocker, so 90% of your vision will be replaced by big grey squares that say "Hey! Please Turn Off Your Adblocker In Order To Get The Proper NeuroLink Experience!". The EULA terms will make it so that it blocks out any visual information if it detects you looking at a map and the procedure to remove or replace it will have a 30% mortality rate

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Bushiz posted:

nah that's the best case scenario. What's actually going to happen is all of the software will be deprecated and the system will think you're using an unauthorized adblocker, so 90% of your vision will be replaced by big grey squares that say "Hey! Please Turn Off Your Adblocker In Order To Get The Proper NeuroLink Experience!". The EULA terms will make it so that it blocks out any visual information if it detects you looking at a map and the procedure to remove or replace it will have a 30% mortality rate

Jailbreaking your own mind is some excellent cyberpunk bullshit

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

oh no

anything but that

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
social media was a mistake

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
just going to quote some posts related to tesla brain chips i made years ago that i enjoyed

Tiler Kiwi posted:

me: alexaware, what's the weather
alexa wetware implanted grotesquely atop my ribcage: YOU HAVE TWO HOURS AND SIXTEEN MINUTES TO TRANSFER ONE POINT THREE EIGHT SIX SIX FOUR BITCOINS OR THIS DEVICE WILL UNLEASH BATTERY ACID INTO YOUR BLOODSTREAM
me: will i need a jacket

Tiler Kiwi posted:

me, seeing my neighbor running endlessly around the block: hey nick, sill working out?
weary, bedraggled neighbor with a shrill beeping sound emanating from his neck: Please help, some Chechnyan teenagers have taken over my AmazonTM Metabolic Battery Recharge Embedded Smart Device and are saying if I don't keep up my heartrate to do blockchain calculations they'll turn off my mother's insulin supply
me, not listening as my smart car drives me slowly towards a burning gas station: ha ha ha gotta love technology huh, well see you later

Tiler Kiwi posted:

verizon store except its the stroggification sequence from quake 4

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Glottis posted:

I wonder how they think a direct neural link is going to go. I bet some Musketeers do think two people will magically have direct access to each other's experience without something like mediating software to translate between what are ultimately still two separate organic neural networks, even if both are 'trained on,' say, the same language.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
itll directly cause schizophrenia

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Using my neurallink to crack ping muskites and spread communism via brainwaves, eventually forming a hive mind to mine bitcoins using the brain itself as my strawberry dehydrator.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

nah, it'll resemble some of the worst cases, but like way way worse.

probably induced autism, and not the nice type that leads to posting

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Tiler Kiwi posted:

just going to quote some posts related to tesla brain chips i made years ago that i enjoyed

I enjoyed these posts very much, thank you!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

T-man posted:

Using my neurallink to crack ping muskites and spread communism via brainwaves, eventually forming a hive mind to mine bitcoins using the brain itself as my strawberry dehydrator.

i agree but also, read this outloud to a doctor to get instantly institutionalized

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Doctors are brain cops

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Verizon store one got a sensible chuckle from me

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

no true scotts language free online encyclopedia

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i cant wait for them to replace prison sentences with mandatory brain control chips.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rutibex posted:

i cant wait for them to replace prison sentences with mandatory brain control chips.

Gotta keep the firefighters in line.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

almost got me there

timing's off but the jokes are good. almost like real life lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lmao

https://twitter.com/LLW902/status/1299371495643394048?s=19

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I assume Wohl instigated some punching to style himself a victim of left-wing violence? Why are goons so obsessed with this person.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJO_pBML7xw

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I’ve always wanted to be able to shitpost while driving but now I gotta do it at red lights.
Can the neural link make so I’m able to post anywhere, anytime?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the trick is to always use speech-to-text and just ramble stream of consciousness 24/7 and hit post when you stop on a red

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Rutibex posted:

remember in Wicked World how the director presents exactly that as a GOOD thing we should LOOK FORWARD to

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
seriously though, i'd off myself before i'd let someone put a brain implant in me. especially a capitalist. i've read i have no mouth and i must scream, i know there are worse things than death

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Just lol if you're willing to drill into your head for any first generation neural interface

I'm an early adopter of most tech, but I'll happily let others blaze that trail

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

not so easy to say no when getting drilled a hole in your head is the only job thats hiring

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's insane to even think about willingly participating in the first wave of human brain chips, and I'll hold to that all the way until the moment they advertise that it can make you believe you have an anime girlfriend.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

Chomp8645 posted:

It's insane to even think about willingly participating in the first wave of human brain chips, and I'll hold to that all the way until the moment they advertise that it can make you believe you have an anime girlfriend.

I don't think the "believe you have an anime girlfriend" thing requires a chip.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm gonna get ready and just drill a hole in my head this afternoon and then I guess check aliexpress later for brain chips to ram in there, should I drill the front or back or sides or what

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Pretty hesitant to sign onto early adoption of brain cybernetics but in terms of replacement limbs, holy poo poo I'd like it if more than my left arm worked properly. These things aren't even 40 years old yet. Is there no goddamn warranty on these meatsacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Media Bloodbath posted:

I don't think the "believe you have an anime girlfriend" thing requires a chip.

It's true