Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mailer posted:

The weak T3 bounty you need to run for that particular bond has a 20%+12.5%+12.5% chance. This is not what I would classify as impossibly rare, even if you've been incredibly unlucky. Ticker is useful as a bonus and a way to convert unneeded cash and mats into rep but it not required. You will get those bonds, along with a nice chunk of rep and relics, long before you get past the current rank 3 Entrati wall.

In X months when the spawns work and they've fixed mining and the vaults don't bug out and everything is as it was intended, it will still be a slog. I'd explain why but Tuxedo already did. You're trading in the current pain of having to do a lot of bounties to rank up for the eventual pain of having to do a stupid number of bounties (or greater/equivalent time farming every activity for all things) every day.

Edit: Also I keep forgetting about Scintillant, but that's not related to tokens aside from the fact that if you want gear you're gonna be grinding those bounties.

I was grinding standing to the daily limit for a week on the first 2 stages of tier 3 bounties trying to get those and I still ended up getting the majority of the ones I needed from Ticker. Yeah that was probably bad luck on my part but hey plenty of people have bad luck at this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Got bored while waiting for reset. 122 of em at 10 mother tokens a pop.

Where’s the ring?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Where’s the ring?

Every so often I think about begging for architect permissions in the Switch clan so I can goatse the dry dock.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sharkopath posted:

T3: actually a bit tricky since you need a specific predasite but the bird you can get by just going to cerebrum magna and leaving and coming back 5 times. Maybe 5 is real annoying but 4 doesn't seem that bad either.

I'm guessing either you haven't done this or had some sort of insane luck. It took me, all up, around four hours to get enough unbugged spawns. Also I had a booster so I only needed three. As lovely as it is (why the hell not just change the bird requirement to a dog on day one, DE?) that's just buggy and unintended. The real issue with the new system versus the old system isn't the ranking up.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The annoying thing about Deimos conservation is that you need to hunt down specific animals, for both mandatory turn-ins (the Entrati rankups) and optional timed turn-ins (boi tokens). Whereas old conservation was much less demanding, everything instantly redeemed into exchangable points, and the animal tags were purely a cosmetic bonus.

It's weird, I should like this new system. I like varying my gameplay. I like hunting and fishing and mining and murder. Everything in Deimos is improved over previous open worlds, everything can be redeemed for something and ultimately refined into nanna tokens, releasing dopamine into my brain along the way. With the only exception of hunting, which got worse.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'll say this about infested birbs, at least they have a hitbox

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mailer posted:

I'm guessing either you haven't done this or had some sort of insane luck. It took me, all up, around four hours to get enough unbugged spawns. Also I had a booster so I only needed three. As lovely as it is (why the hell not just change the bird requirement to a dog on day one, DE?) that's just buggy and unintended. The real issue with the new system versus the old system isn't the ranking up.

Everytime I went out to the fields theres a spawn point on the very western edge of the map, that trail always takes you to somewhere on cerebrum magna, and after you do the lure the bird will spawn and always fly to the same point high above the mountain, at which point you fly up and get the capture.

I'll check again, maybe the patch changed it, but its real easy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yeah heres the site that always spawns (make sure you reselect the avichaea tag to eliminate the extraneous ones for the other species from your map, while on foot)

Heres The Marker thats always near here, sometimes the trail can be tricky to follow because the bird likes doubling back

Heres this ones call spawn at the base of the magna in a cave, I've also seen it on an extraneous fleshy bit of the magna a bit higher up and more outside.

It always ends up flying to a point above that cave, I've seen it both here in the orange glowy bit and flying higher above on top of the mountain but it just stands still once it reaches the center, might take some time to find cause its so small but you get plenty of time to keep perfect capture.

And heres perfect capture.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

So I picked this up again after a break and applied for the clan again if that still is a thing.
Not had a look at the new stuff yet, the space ships part was just coming when I quit.

Still trying to figure out what else I was farming but I am building Nyx and farming credits so I can get tier 4 with Fortuna to get the Marquise Thyst BP for Garuda system for now.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Came back after a while and oh boy railjacks are pretty fun even though I'm only the guy who mans the turrets and occasionally slingshots himself into the crewship. Has a bit of a nasty surprise dealing with the level 90 grineer in veil but managed to pull through in the end with my trusty tigris prime.

It also apparently earns me loads of credits up to 150k according to the patch notes on the wiki entry.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It can also be a pretty solid affinity farm, if you're bored of Hydron/onslaught.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

138 posted:

pretty sure birds don't exist.

I don't know if this was fixed or patched, but this dude found birds.

https://youtu.be/duWwhcGg0GQ

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Holy poo poo the new claw weapon seems awesome

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Was playing around with Stropha melee efficiency builds and found this build to be fun, so here's the Saturday morning blog post:

It uses True Punishment to spool up the combo counter to 12x very quickly. Works because each Stropha light attack shot gives 4 combo for each enemy hit which True Punishment doubles to 8. Hit multiple enemies in a shot by aiming between them to push up combo quickly. At 12x combo, aiming between enemies will erase multiple lvl 120 Corrupted Heavy Goons in a single heavy attack shot. 1-2 shots will then get you back to 12x so its easy to maintain the damage once spooled up.

What seems to work well here is ignoring the 14% status entirely and focusing on pure crit. CO could be made to work if fed status externally. Weeping Wounds by itself is just not fun on this weapon in my limited experience.

Zenurik's Inner Might get you to 90% melee efficiency - 5 pips gets to the 90% cap with Focus Energy, skip the 6th pip on that node.

Beserker can be swapped with Gladiator Might for another nice bump to crit and overall damage if you're running Arcane Strike. But running both Arcane Strike and Berserker makes gunblades into super fast funblades, so stacking speed is not a bad thing. Running no speed mods can it feel like sadblades given how rooted you are when shooting in Bullet Dance, so Berseker at the least is a good idea.

Combo duration is a mere 2.5 secs, but you spin up the counter again in 2-4 shots. Couple options if you want do combo. Swift Momentum bumps combo duration by 6 secs and also speeds up your heavy attack. Ash has the Rising Storm aug which adds 10s of combo duration and also has invisibility which adds in the stealth damage bonus for ridiculous damage numbers. (Invisibility Ash + Rising Storm + Swift Momentum + Zenurik + Inner Might + Arcane Strike feels like melee heaven in general.)

I'd go for speed over combo duration with the Stropha. The counter ramps up so quickly that getting off shots fast is lower maintenance than keeping track of combo.

Worth saying that the straight heavy attack build with Corrupt Charge/Killing Blow is easier to use with zero spool up time and works in every situation since it doesn't need enemies to hit to spin up to max damage, but this is a fun variant with a much higher damage ceiling that's good for missions with high enemy density. But on a frame like Mag or Banshee where I'm not doing that much melee, I'd take the pure heavy attack build over this for the instant delete when in a sticky situation.

So the Redeemer Prime has a fun bug(?) where it gives 5 combo per enemy hit but a whopping 20 per with True Punishment instead of the expected 10 per. It shoots 10 projectiles per shot and each enemy hit will give that 20 combo per shot! So you can in theory get to 200 combo in a single shot, but more realistically in 2-3 shots if you have just 3-4 enemies clumped. But a melee efficiency build may not be as straightforward since what makes this Stropha build work is that it has enough crit to ignore the 14% status entirely. That's not going to work with Redeemer Prime which will need CO and status to get to the big numbers. May be a lot more fiddly than this build which is very straightforward to play: light attack pew pew, heavy attack delete delete, repeat.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 29, 2020

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Okay, I have no idea what the end of mission accuracy stat is meant to measure. I just finished a sortie with 3200% accuracy, and I was missing non stop.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
Pretty sure if you have any sort of AoE whatsoever getting multiple hits with 1 bullet (like multishot or punch through) counts as X*100% where X = number of pellets

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Pretty sure if you have any sort of AoE whatsoever getting multiple hits with 1 bullet (like multishot or punch through) counts as X*100% where X = number of pellets

Sounds reasonable..Although on the very next mission I got 0% with the same weapon, despite shooting just as many dudes with it. :shrug:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

v1ld posted:

Was playing around with Stropha melee efficiency builds and found this build to be fun, so here's the Saturday morning blog post:

Here's the build against some lvl 120 corrupted heavy gunners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxrmjvblkCQ

Pretty crazy how fast this spools up to max damage.

Using Ember so there're no passives feeding the Stopha's damage, but with Arcane Strike for the speed.

E: And again with Ash, which is just the build and Steel Charge on top because I forgot to use invisibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4hrIR9aWXM

And this ends my YouTube career. Thanks for watching the content I created.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 29, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
After overreacting, Deimos isn't as bad I thought. I got a spreadsheet setup so its go.

Are people actually hunting the birds or just trying to find them in the wild? I had success just hunting them.

temple fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 29, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Just did an isolation vault and would get stuck in operator every time I pressed 5, that was fun. Also my teammate could not shoot the crystals at all

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I occasionally, by which I mean like 40% of the time, get the void dash bug. Playing Wisp last night I also noticed that not only does the bug forcibly transfer you back to your frame but it also removes your buffs as if you just jumped into a pit.

I haven't seen any birds outside of using their echo lure, but I've only done like two ~hour long conservation runs.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Are people actually finding scintillant in vaults now? I found zero after doing 5-10 triple vault runs and one after doing 3 t2 bounties. The apparent rarity in vaults makes it unclear if I'm doing it wrong and missing it, it's bugged somehow, or it's just that rare.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

The Moon Monster posted:

Are people actually finding scintillant in vaults now? I found zero after doing 5-10 triple vault runs and one after doing 3 t2 bounties. The apparent rarity in vaults makes it unclear if I'm doing it wrong and missing it, it's bugged somehow, or it's just that rare.

I have never, ever seen a 'wild' scintillant and I have no idea what to even look for. I'm not sure DE understands what they're doing trying to make people hunt for tiny little glowing things doing vault runs when you're constantly under attack from infested and also on the clock to do three vaults in a wyrm cycle, so you can't exactly take the time to exhaustively poke around in corners.

That said, it does exist. Necramechs do drop it. Eventually. I feel you here; I was pretty mad about scintillant (and the comparisons to wisps made me even more annoyed) because it's just grinding vaults and hoping you get some with no real way to influence anything other than trying again, and again, and again.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I found a wild scintillant in a tier 1 vault. I wish I’d taken a screenshot - it was kind of floating by in midair and I void dashed through it to pick it up. I have no idea what caused it to float by, nor what would have happened to it if I hadn’t picked it up.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Do bounty lvl 1 for the rare Scintillant drop and farm mother tokens at the same time.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

The Moon Monster posted:

Are people actually finding scintillant in vaults now?

I've found two so far. Both in tier 1 vaults, and both just kind of drifted out of a nearby wall. They look just like the icon, about the size of a basketball, and just float around once they appear.

Edit: In hindsight, both times I was climbing around on some of the infested outgrowths looking for hidden crystals and such, so maybe you have to stand in a certain spot to make them spawn? I don't know.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Wild Scintillants glow pale blue and stand out okayish. They are like, the size of a sentinel. Most I've just seen normally but I did find one climbing an infested tree. All this inside isolation vaults of course. As they aren't a guaranteed spawn it's hard to justify searching for them, with the cycle mechanic and stuff. Honestly kind of suprised there wasn't just a fixed one in the bonus room or something.

Also had some drop from the mechs, which obviously becomes a little easier if you do T2 and T3 bounties. I've only done T2s solo (as Octavia) as too often I've had too much stuff to risk on getting just bodied out of 6 revives by the trio in the last vault. Some people are bringing Nekros in their vault teams for this and other parts.

And sympathies to anyone not finding them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
For the gems and minerals, I've had mixed luck with the Focused Nosam cutter for thaumica. What's really sick is the requiem pillars. Someone on reddit figured it all out and enemies drop tons of fishing and mining resources if you do the right ones.

Basically, you trigger the pillar and it does something based on the symbol. Vome, Ris, and Khra are the best I've found. You just kill stuff that gets status effects with your amp and it spits out loot.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have the symbols memorized by the end, I think I might already have most of them.

Here's all the pillar locations:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think a full half of all the pillars I find are either the face hugger ones or the random ones. The random ones seem straight up broken and don't give you resources. The face hugger ones suck because the face huggers have to kill the mobs but a hit from one does like 1/25 of a runner's hp so it's not realistically going to happen unless you bring along a peashooter to plink all the enemies down to a magic pixel, which just isn't worth the time or effort.

That said it still feels faster than actually mining or fishing. If only they dropped conservation tags.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

:( looks like Mirage doesn't get Eclipse bonuses from standing in Fire Walker fire OR standing near/next to an enemy with a Heat proc. Or I've set something up wrong, but I kind of lingered near this dude and others for a while trying to see what would happen. (aside from the visual effect, you can tell it's dark mode Eclipse because the damage boost was 494%) Also, the Mirage clones don't lay fire, nor does Wuclone (although Wuclone DOES lay fire in Cloud Walker mode, and it appears that replacing Iron Staff doesn't cause any issues with his 3).

edit: does look cooler'n hell though

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Another tier 1 vault. I found two but had a doubler running. This was in the one with the high vaulted ceilings and both were hovering up near the top. The second one was not there the first time I came through the room though, so I'm still not sure if they're moving in and out of walls randomly or if they only become visible when you get close to a trigger of some kind.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Spent a few hours solo tri-vaulting with Octavia after a helpful person in clan chat suggested that was a good way (it is).

Probably twelve vaults cleared, 1 scintillant found.

The upside is that they are moderately obvious if they are there, white glowing shapes the size of Sentinels as someone said previously. Definitely rarer that Cetus Wisps though, probably due to the fewer areas in which they are obtainable.

Side note: Solo vaulting is quite chill, given how much time you spend waiting for something to finish, or happen, or whatever. The only point I felt at any risk of failure was when spawns in weird places were taking potshots at Somehow-More-Annoying-Than-Claptrap bot.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sharkopath posted:

Heres The Marker thats always near here, sometimes the trail can be tricky to follow because the bird likes doubling back

On release you had about a 70% chance of the poop actually showing up (which continues to be a problem with other spawns) and there were no tracks. It was easy to find the call point because it was always inside or just outside the blue glowy cave. They fixed it up a couple of days after so conservation is probably on par with Fortuna by now. The one bird I got, out of probably 30-ish times I touched that spawn, was flying glitched sideways into a crease in the side of the big pustule thing above the cave. Never play on release unless you're goose tracking some weird plat exploit before it gets patched.

Once I hit rank 5 I'll go back into idle mode until they fix up Scintillant.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Moon Monster posted:

Found some in a T1. Floating ball with like string wrapping it. White or greyish.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

RossCo posted:

Spent a few hours solo tri-vaulting with Octavia after a helpful person in clan chat suggested that was a good way (it is).

How the gently caress. It doesn't stop shooting me at all

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wow following the tracks from the air is way easier, no clue why I never thought to do it before, saving me a lot of time doing hunting stuff.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

BMan posted:

Be invisible, press 1.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

BMan posted:

Be invisible from her 3, don't bring a cat/dog, use mallet1 and amp4

Best results : Be invisible first. Don't stand in your mallet. Don't stand near the mines.

EDITEDIT : I have stood in my mallet before. It's surprisingly unhelpful.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

RossCo posted:

Side note: Solo vaulting is quite chill, given how much time you spend waiting for something to finish, or happen, or whatever. The only point I felt at any risk of failure was when spawns in weird places were taking potshots at Somehow-More-Annoying-Than-Claptrap bot.

FYI Vaults are amazing places to do mining. Cave tier spawns and none of the root-fuckery nodes.

Just like, carry the tool and melee everything, mine casually.

Stropha works great for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I see, I was a chump for trying to do anything instead of just letting my mallet handle it