Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

that reminds me- did elon ever follow up on how easily he could beat the taycan at the nürburgring?

his car failed during a partial lap and they extrapolated the times to show it was faster, then reported that to the press

or maybe i imagined that, it's so incredibly stupid i can't tell any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

PIZZA.BAT posted:

that reminds me- did elon ever follow up on how easily he could beat the taycan at the nürburgring?

they sent some extremely modified model s around last nov that spotters timed at 30s faster than the stock taycan turbo and it was totally going to be a production model for real you guys

but nothing this year can’t send people from the us lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
*batteries melted into slag after a single lap

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Yeah the fun thing about electric motors is that they can absolutely do insane things if you don't give a gently caress about it working for more than an hour

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The taycan party trick of doing full bore launches down to 20% battery should tell you what you need to know about the respective powertrains.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I just watch this https://youtu.be/7-8198j68P4 and think of a yokel at a Tesla factory forgetting to attach a seatbelt and just sending it off with no testing.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
they should let electric cars do the 24 hours at Le Mans. With swappable batteries for recharging (but each battery cell has to last for atleast a certain number of laps before it can be swapped).

See how well Tesla’s amazing battery tech holds up after 10 laps.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Not a Children posted:

Yeah the fun thing about electric motors is that they can absolutely do insane things if you don't give a gently caress about it working for more than an hour

ICEs too - drag racing for example

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

a neurotic ai posted:

they should let electric cars do the 24 hours at Le Mans. With swappable batteries for recharging (but each battery cell has to last for atleast a certain number of laps before it can be swapped).

nah let them swap them as much as they want, pit strategy is a massive part of endurance racing which is how the audi diesel bummed everyone in the gob - despite being theoretically slower than the petrol-driven cars over 24 hours (the power advantage it had in qualifying trim being eliminated by the need to turn down the turbos to preserve them and the exhaust system) it only needed refuelling every 4 hours instead of every hour or two, which meant that they were saving the equivalent of a lap every hour (refueling is deliberately slow for safety and competitiveness reasons). same deal with the hybrid petrols now being raced.

there's literally no way elon would ever dare enter any of his cars in any actual racing formula though (even a tesla single-make) - you can't just gloss over the problems with fart apps.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

a neurotic ai posted:

It literally wouldn't hold a lap. It's shorter than the nordschleife but speeds are even higher.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

bummed everyone in the gob

why are you so british?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

he's pulling your leg there mate, you can't bum someone in the gob.

except in public schools of course.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Wait, I thought gobbing bum was the only ethical form of consumption under the late-modern capitalist mode of production?

:ohdear:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I love the British definition of public school: insanely expensive and elitist but anyone is allowed to apply. “independent schools” can still be as publicly racist as they want

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I thought it was a reference to the previous trend of aristo types educating their kids at home?

:shrug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

x-post from the grey thread

the absolute dumbest motherfuckers on earth attempt to cybercrime tesla, somehow fail

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

quote:

“The purpose of the conspiracy was to recruit an employee of a company to surreptitiously transmit malware provided by the coconspirators into the company’s computer system, exfiltrate data from the company’s network, and threaten to disclose the data online unless the company paid the coconspirators’ ransom demand,” prosecutors wrote in the complaint.

this was the error in their plan because even if they pulled it off they'd find nothing of value

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

a terabyte of data from their funhouse erp and the discovery that cryptolockering the production line doesn't shut anything down because it never relied on actual data to begin with

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

why are you so british?

language of shakespeare, mate*

qirex posted:

I love the British definition of public school: insanely expensive and elitist but anyone is allowed to apply. “independent schools” can still be as publicly racist as they want

it's as opposed to guild and church schools where your father had to be part of the body to get in (or if you were a foundling you got in but whoops basically you're a slave now)

* it's an ancient, by internet terms, joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my2NVhUjekA

but you've got to say it's evocative even if it makes no actual sense

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

:jerkbag:

quote:

A chilling observation, from Craig Williams, director of outreach as Cisco’s security arm Talos Labs, was what might have happened had the plot succeeded.

“This does bring into question the risk added if the system responsible for your self driving car comes under attacker control—due to malicious insider or otherwise,” he wrote. “The entire thing is extremely exciting and concerning.”

hard to imagine someone somehow further loving up tesla operations

Weedle
May 31, 2006

seems like 50/50 whether a compromised autopilot would actually be more dangerous than autopilot working as intended

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

if you got hard evidence of fraud you could could really make some money in the market

j/k it’s irrational

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

elon has started a painfully awkward presentation on neuralink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVvmgjBL74w

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

elon musk whats to drill a coin sized hole in your skull and use a robot to to install a device his company developed

sadly there will be millions of people that want to do this

he says there will be no noticeable neural damage! just look at these 3 pigs!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hobbesmaster posted:

elon has started a painfully awkward presentation on neuralink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVvmgjBL74w
Is he gonna gently caress it up like he did the CYBERGLASS test?

"Now once we activate the chip and the subject has complete control of their -- oh poo poo, they just had a heart attack"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Elon the internet scientist doesn't know how to pronounce microscopy but he'll definitely tell me the truth about how well his brain zapper works

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

elon musk whats to drill a coin sized hole in your skull and use a robot to to install a device his company developed

yet vaccines are developed by child abusers and satanists and will implant a chip that allows you to be controlled by 5G.

I'm sure there's a significant overlap between people who will readily accept a neural implant from Elon Musk, but will not accept vaccines

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

Elon the internet scientist doesn't know how to pronounce microscopy but he'll definitely tell me the truth about how well his brain zapper works

tbf he randomly swings wildly between accents.

spankmeister posted:

yet vaccines are developed by child abusers and satanists and will implant a chip that allows you to be controlled by 5G.

I'm sure there's a significant overlap between people who will readily accept a neural implant from Elon Musk, but will not accept vaccines

it only has "megabit scale" bandwidth so i guess that could technically be cat-1

edit: confirmed to be bluetooth

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

lmao. Heard bout inductively charging your skull every day so you don't die?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Nitr0 posted:

lmao if it's wired wrong or grounds out you'll cook your brains

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Not a Children posted:

lmao if it's wired wrong or grounds out you'll cook your brains

its cool though, nobody has ever heard of a miswired USB-C cable or charger

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm see pink and words my purple but love the link lilac

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

hobbesmaster posted:

edit: confirmed to be bluetooth
We've developed a highly accurate and advanced roboscalpel that will reduce recovery time and make Link surgery a completely outpatient procedure. It's accurate to +/- 1 mm.

Currently we are working with teledoctors to train the AI that will power the SurgAIon.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
soon “seeing red” will have a whole new meaning

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

hobbesmaster posted:

2 out of 3 pigs will be eaten by a big bad wolf

this is normal and expected and not covered under warranty

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Nitr0 posted:

how many charge cycles do you get before you need another round of brain surgery to replace the battery

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh, no, it's a lifetime battery

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

hobbesmaster posted:

After getting the Muskchip installed, I find that I can't look up and I have this weird urge to gently caress every firetruck I see. I think this is a serious flaw and it needs to be fixed immediately. Love the chip though.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
As someone who already has an implant in their skull that idea is amazing.

It's bad on so very many layers.

There's the obvious questions like "what does it do and how does it do it?" and "what if I don't loving want a hole drilled in my skull?", but there's also questions of "how do you maintain it?", "what do we do when the person needs a MRI?" and "what if the person starts showing stroke symptoms?".

This is already a hassle on way less invasive and way less complex brain implants, even mine being wirelessly programmable adds a whole goddamn lot of steps to anything relating to my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I think what you want is something inductively powered, not charged