Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mondian posted:

Turn off on-demand patching in the launcher and download the whole game at once instead of downloading each mission as you're warping into the system if the loads are bothering you

That... makes a lot of sense, gently caress, I'm stupid. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

DancingShade posted:

Was it something you got from the fleet embassy? I don't remember the specific traits but it sells romulans.

No idea, this would have been years and years ago. I'm wondering if there was something with boffs acquired on a fedrom and cheesed before some kind of fix went in?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Is the bridge officer actually commissioned? You can have any faction's boff in your inventory/roster but that doesn't mean you can actually use it. If not you might have just picked one up for a romulan alt or something and never got around to trading it. If it is commissioned... :shrug: Enjoy the bonus crit I guess?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Yeah I had him equipped and everything. I had just gotten a blue one from the embassy for my new character and I switched to my old guy just to see how I’d set him up, and well...mysteries abound, I guess.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
Cleaning out my bank, i have various odds and ends, kit frames, 12 infinity lockbox weapon packs, and some doff packs, let me know if you need anything

Edit with actual list:
1x tr116b
1x echo papa kit
1x bridge officer training manual box
5x gamma quad doff cadre
17x Infinity weapon boxes
7x infinity kit modules
5x personal trait ground
2x personal trait space
1x duty off cadre
1x fleet support cadre
1x infinity ship trait
10x random kit frames

Jxforema fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 24, 2020

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Jxforema posted:

Cleaning out my bank, i have various odds and ends, kit frames, 12 infinity lockbox weapon packs, and some doff packs, let me know if you need anything

Edit with actual list:
1x tr116b
1x echo papa kit
1x bridge officer training manual box
5x gamma quad doff cadre
17x Infinity weapon boxes
7x infinity kit modules
5x personal trait ground
2x personal trait space
1x duty off cadre
1x fleet support cadre
1x infinity ship trait
10x random kit frames

What are the ship and space traits?

Nemins
Oct 27, 2005
I just got an epic Phoenix token, what should I get with it? There are too many choices!

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

What are the ship and space traits?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Prize_Pack:_Starship_Trait

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Prize_Pack:_Personal_Trait_(Space)

Jxforema posted:

I wouldn't mind a couple of Discovery Phaser boxes if you could spare em.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Nemins posted:

I just got an epic Phoenix token, what should I get with it? There are too many choices!

either the breen one with the cold blooded trait or the dirty bajoran one with the console I think are the two standout choices

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I will definitely take a space trait and ship trait if they're still up for grabs!

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
Hit me up with your @handles and I’ll get them over to you, check the list and tell me what traits you want.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Jxforema posted:

Hit me up with your @handles and I’ll get them over to you, check the list and tell me what traits you want.

Mr. Maggy posted:

I wouldn't mind a couple of Discovery Phaser boxes if you could spare em.

Dietrich@indystruck#9405 is the ingame name.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

either the breen one with the cold blooded trait or the dirty bajoran one with the console I think are the two standout choices
Yeah, I'd say definitely one of those two. But remember that it's a char unlock, not account-wide, so make sure you use it on a character who needs it. Don't grab the cold-hearted trait on a character who relies on photonic officer for cooldown reductions, don't grab the domino console on a character running a sci-torp build, etc.

If you're looking for a ship to fly you'll have to ask someone else.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Jxforema posted:

Handle is Kyros@dictatorhat#7526

If you can hook me up with the space version of Adaptive Offense and the Concealed Repair trait, I'd really appreciate it.

If anyone has any suggestions for a better trait from the starship trait list, I'm open to it - I have Honored Dead already and I'm flying a beam Khopesh as a Fedrom.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Nemins posted:

Bajoran raider for the DOMINO console and the experimental weapon
Breen raider for the trait (Cold Hearted) if youre running Aux2Bat builds
Krenim Science Vessel for the console if you have the others of the Flagship set

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Jxforema posted:

Edit with actual list:
1x tr116b
If no one else calls it then Saber@Chortles could use this.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
If personal space traits are still available, I'd take a Adaptive Offense, thanks! @stonewalljack#6694

Stonewalljack fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 25, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Any particular secondary deflector I should use while I trait up this risa science ship?

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

deteriorating secondary deflectors from your fleet science lab, for example the CtrlX+DrainX (reroll DrainX to EPG) with projectile damage and sensor analysis (SA+Dmg)

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Any particular secondary deflector I should use while I trait up this risa science ship?

yeah get the strategic ones from the fleet research lab, by far the best.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

I got shitloads of doff packs. I'll either deposit them into fleet bank or give them away via mail. Who wants some?

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Rx King posted:

I got shitloads of doff packs. I'll either deposit them into fleet bank or give them away via mail. Who wants some?

I would gratefully take doffs in any quantity. Ryana@polyakov#6982.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Do the Support Frigates have all the moves they say they do?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. I'm not sure how they actually perform since lol pet AI, but I guess the early reports are positive? The squadron fighters are basically just cosmetic though (and share the problem of the vanilla ones where the basic/advanced versions are better than the elites due to how the pulse cannons doing more damage than the cannons that replace them).

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rx King posted:

Are they liberated borg doff packs? If so, I will take them all.

Cryptic really needs to stop putting build-defining doffs into super-rare drops from semi-rare drops from lockboxes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wait my mastery isn't going up on this risian ship, is there a bug or something?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
They changed how ship mastery is calculated/displayed/applied a while back. Now, it's not displayed in real-time, but only applied when you go back to a social zone.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they did screw up the mastery and it's broken too.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I think it's whenever you change zones, so it only does the calculation once rather than constantly. But yeah it throws everybody until they find out. Weirdly FFXIV recently started to do something similar with item durability for similar reasons, only adding it up on zoning out of an instance, so this isn't entirely Cryptic jank.

This still doesn't keep battlegrounds from freezing for a second or three whenever anyone finishes an endeavor though. :effort:

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

g0del posted:

Are they liberated borg doff packs? If so, I will take them all.
Nah, I had a bunch but sold em all including Delta Alliance packs. Most of them are like randos from the Infinity Lockboxes.

Also here is a leak from upcoming TFO event:

Complete your Daily Requirement by completing the Featured TFO, and earn your way toward the Grand Prize for this event. The Miniaturized Giant Elachi Walker allows you to call in a ground scaled version of this fiercesome assault vehicle to aid you in combat. You will also be granted a Micro-Miniaturized Elachi Walker (Vanity Pet) for personal use.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Wizard of the Deep posted:

They changed how ship mastery is calculated/displayed/applied a while back. Now, it's not displayed in real-time, but only applied when you go back to a social zone.

But it wouldn't surprise me if they did screw up the mastery and it's broken too.
Also, some places just don't give ship mastery. I think several TFOs that feature killing large numbers of ships are like that. Generally, the fastest way to get starship mastery is running patrols. "The Ninth Rule" and "Rescue and Search" are good, as is "Wanted" in Argala. Since the first two feature constant waves until the invisible timer finishes, if you can kill things fast enough you can often max a ship in 1 or 2 good runs.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Thank goodness I still have more than two weeks' worth of Featured TFO Commendations on one of my characters... I wonder if the miniature walker counts as a drone?

Nemins
Oct 27, 2005

Teron D Amun posted:

Bajoran raider for the DOMINO console and the experimental weapon
Breen raider for the trait (Cold Hearted) if youre running Aux2Bat builds
Krenim Science Vessel for the console if you have the others of the Flagship set

I went with the Bajoran Raider, that weapon was too cool to pass up

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Rx King posted:

I'll take one!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodly posted:

Do the Support Frigates have all the moves they say they do?

Only used the elite version and they seem to work as advertised though I admit I wasn't paying too much attention. Those healing powers basically mean they almost never die unless you catch them in a metreon gas explosion or something.

Um, I was using the CatbusPlus frigates. Didn't want anything with a battle cloak because that seemed like a red flag for actual pet performance. I don't want pets to cloak, I want them to shoot things.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
So are keys still king in the contra -> dil -> zen -> EC cycle? Profitability is still good, but 20h turn in times seem higher than I remember. Put another way, is there a better conversion routine to build EC?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

CrushedWill posted:

So are keys still king in the contra -> dil -> zen -> EC cycle? Profitability is still good, but 20h turn in times seem higher than I remember. Put another way, is there a better conversion routine to build EC?
Admiralty used to be a better way, but it got nerfed. It's still better than contra by itself, but you really need to have a decent stable of admiralty cards for it to work.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

g0del posted:

Admiralty used to be a better way, but it got nerfed. It's still better than contra by itself, but you really need to have a decent stable of admiralty cards for it to work.

I have an adequate stable but not spectacular. Sounds like I am on the right path, but that it slower than it used to be, Thanks :)

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

CrushedWill posted:

I have an adequate stable but not spectacular. Sounds like I am on the right path, but that it slower than it used to be, Thanks :)
The old way involved throwing ships at regular missions in the ferengi and klingon paths just to get to the tour of duty missions, since the 10/10 ToD gave 30k dil. But cryptic nerfed that - now klingon gives 40k fleet dil, and ferengi gives 30k bonus dil. The new method is similar, but involves throwing high level ships at ferengi and klank missions to get the dil in the mission rewards, complemented by the bonus dil from the ferengi 10/10. This is a lot easier if you have a bunch of T6 admiralty cards.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

CrushedWill posted:

DOFF promo packs are better when there's an infinity promotion, and I think fleet ship modules were briefly up there after they dropped the carriers, but in general keys are most reliable yeah. And yep they totally nerfed contraband turnins because they don't want people actually earning things in game anymore unless you're spending big cash money. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
So after taking a four year break, I notice that one of my characters is a TOS character created on 7/9/16. According to the wiki, he should be a Temporal Agent (and still eligible for the benefits), but I couldn't find a Temporal Transponder in his inventory. I had only played through the first few missions in the TOS arc, and today played through until I got to the 25th century and could look for a Temporal Agent, but he just gives me some background info. Did I miss out by not getting him to a certain stage prior to the event ending, or could it be a bug that customer service might help me with?

Edit: Nevermind, found the answer on old reddit posts eventually; apparently I didn't play far enough to get the transponder so the character doesn't count for the event.

Stonewalljack fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 29, 2020