Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Vtubers are idol streamers, truly the most detestable cross over on this earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Some fun Pikamee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWzboTK1yd0

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

So to find out what exactly idol culture is, I watched Netflix's "Tokyo Idols" which covers what idols are, their fans, and just a general overview, and I really REALLY wish I hadn't.
Now watch another important documentary, idolmaster cinderella girls

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Endorph posted:

I'm too scared. :ohdear:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

https://youtu.be/yOHbvJCtXIk

Understandable

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

takane could defeat most posters in this thread in less than thirty seconds

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i can't believe p-san abuses and beats his idols every day in idolmaster cinderella girls, forcing them to work in cruel conditions for 16 hours a day

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh god less than three days in and I think I already have at least two three four oshis.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was thinking about watching the Steins;Gate anime when I heard that the anime of a related series, Chaos;Head, was terrible. What's the general verdict of these two and the other related series?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

occultic;nine is ftw

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Erg posted:

occultic;nine is ftw
i think it might be, i need to watch it a few more times

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chaos;Head is based on a VN in the same series as Steins;Gate, but they honestly have very little to do with each other. The Chaos;Head anime isn't even from the same studio as Steins;Gate.

Steins;Gate is consistently one of the highest rated series on MAL (it's #2 at the moment) and I really, really enjoyed it. Fantastic voice acting in both Japanese and English (the English script is also phenomenal) and really interesting direction.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was thinking about watching the Steins;Gate anime when I heard that the anime of a related series, Chaos;Head, was terrible. What's the general verdict of these two and the other related series?
Steins;Gate is great, Chaos;Head is bad, I barely remember anything about Robotics;Notes so I guess it was so-so.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
occultic;nine is like a roulette on episode directors so some parts of it are beautifully directed and one episode is directed by a drunk spider-man

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

i think it might be, i need to watch it a few more times

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Erg posted:

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!
halloweenis 2020: endless nine schedule

week 1 occultic; nine rewatch
week 2 another occultic; nine rewatch
week 3 occultic; nine rewatch 3
week 4 final occultic; nine rewatch

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Mraagvpeine posted:

steins;gate anime is very good. robotics;notes anime is decent. occultic;nine anime is divisive, it's very fast and abrasive in a way thats offputting to some and cool to others. i think it's cool

I haven't seen chaos;head and chaos;child but they're pretty widely considered bad adaptations

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tales of Woe posted:

steins;gate anime is very good. robotics;notes anime is decent. occultic;nine anime is divisive, it's very fast and abrasive in a way thats offputting to some and cool to others. i think it's cool

I haven't seen chaos;head and chaos;child but they're pretty widely considered bad adaptations

Wait...was Chaos;Child adapted? I thought it was just Chaos;Head.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/george_10g/status/1299514374344728576

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

AlternateNu posted:

yeah there was a poorly received chaos;child anime a few years ago. something about an investor backing out and them having to abridge it from 2 cours to 1 to get it made.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

i don't really have high expectations for dynazemon just because i don't think they can pull out leads i like as much as akane and rikka

I would unironically be delighted to have just a drama series about Akane and Rikka post-Gridman.

Zeether posted:

Is it from Pokelabo because they shut down the Symphogear game like this year too

symphogear one was pretty bad even if you liked symphogear, like just as a game.

shame though I liked the story in magia.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 29, 2020

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

AlternateNu posted:

Chaos;Child's adaptation includes a 22 minute recap of Chaos;Head that is absolutely worth watching for how funny it is that they tried to do that

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

punk rebel ecks posted:

who's your favorite cinderella girl

mine's riamu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anzu futaba

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i started watchign burst angel

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Yes? This is the chat thread for it. Is that all you have to contribute? Is "Anime" all you can say? Don't you have anything more of value to contribute? Do you think this is just a space where you can just say a single word like that and that's enough to cultivate positive discussion? What part of you makes you think that kind of posting has meaning? Don't you even have a screenshot, or a gif? What are we supposed to build off the single word "Anime"? God. I didn't want to say it, but the modern generation of posters really just has no future. We're all doomed if this is the best posting they can drum up. gently caress this. I'm going back to watching Burst Angel.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

in when supernatural battles became commonplace voice,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd3xfDzTg8

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lmfao that's not the energy i was trying to channel but it's a funny one to read into it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its cool wehn the gundams fight

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forget which thread it came up in but since I know it was mentioned here;

I've heard magia record wasn't a big money maker even in Japan, anyone know if that's true?

The way overtuned pacing is probably what burned people out.

There's ways to run gachas other than 2 years behind or 1000x speed but I guess aniplex disagrees.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

I forget which thread it came up in but since I know it was mentioned here;

I've heard magia record wasn't a big money maker even in Japan, anyone know if that's true?

The way overtuned pacing is probably what burned people out.

There's ways to run gachas other than 2 years behind or 1000x speed but I guess aniplex disagrees.
magireco makes decent money in japan but it isnt anywhere near the top of the gacha charts and basically never has been. the closest it got was when the monogatari collab was running

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Yes? This is the chat thread for it. Is that all you have to contribute? Is "Anime" all you can say? Don't you have anything more of value to contribute? Do you think this is just a space where you can just say a single word like that and that's enough to cultivate positive discussion? What part of you makes you think that kind of posting has meaning? Don't you even have a screenshot, or a gif? What are we supposed to build off the single word "Anime"? God. I didn't want to say it, but the modern generation of posters really just has no future. We're all doomed if this is the best posting they can drum up. gently caress this. I'm going back to watching Burst Angel.

Ah yes, the new generation of posters that registered in 2006.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Manga.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Japanimation

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Great... and now you come here and insult me to my face? Have you SEEN my reg date? I have been here since Twenty ThirTEEN. I have SEEN some poo poo. I won't just sit here and let you show me this kind of disrespect. Jesus... Kids these days... Can't stand this poo poo, just gonna watch more Burst Angel... Only Jo and Meg can understand my saddness...

KoB
May 1, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

its cool wehn the gundams fight

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Ah yes, the new generation of posters that registered in 2006.

What if you could say things without really meaning them? That's be hosed up

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just noticed colonel has a younger regdate than me which means she's my kouhai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm a ho-hai