Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

There are no better values than two starting RBs in the 7th+ rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Chubb and Conner by far.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Thanks goons. I love me some McLaurin, but I'll just have to try to grab him in the draft. Chubb and Conner it is. Thanks!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Who should I keep? Only one.

Miles Sanders for a 7th
Aaron Jones for a 7th
Lamar Jackson for an 8th
Derreck Henry for a 3rd

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Miles Sanders for a 7th
Aaron Jones for a 7th
Lamar Jackson for an 8th
Derreck Henry for a 3rd

Sanders is the best value, but i could see the argument for Henry too.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Miles Sanders for a 7th
Aaron Jones for a 7th
Lamar Jackson for an 8th
Derreck Henry for a 3rd

This is a tough one.

Sanders is overrated (I think) this year.

Jones is probably gonna hit major TD regression

But on both this is really good value.

Lamar is probably gonna be a top 3 qb.

What pick do you have? If you have a top 5 pick I might go Lamar.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Miles Sanders for a 7th
Aaron Jones for a 7th
Lamar Jackson for an 8th
Derreck Henry for a 3rd

other than "not Henry", it totally depends on scoring and roster format

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

This is a tough one.

Sanders is overrated (I think) this year.

Jones is probably gonna hit major TD regression

But on both this is really good value.

Lamar is probably gonna be a top 3 qb.

What pick do you have? If you have a top 5 pick I might go Lamar.

I have the 10th pick in a 10 team league. Standard scoring non-PPR.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I would go Sanders.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m drafting sixth in a in 12 team .5 PPR redraft league

Unless someone ahead of me does something dumb, mock drafts say Derrick Henry and Dalvin Cook are going to be the best options. I gotta take Cook right?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I have the 10th pick in a 10 team league. Standard scoring non-PPR.

Blergh. I vote jones, then. I personally think sanders will disappoint this year, but certainly worth it at that round. Same with jones but I don’t think GB did nearly enough to help the passing game.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Keith Atherton posted:

I’m drafting sixth in a in 12 team .5 PPR redraft league

Unless someone ahead of me does something dumb, mock drafts say Derrick Henry and Dalvin Cook are going to be the best options. I gotta take Cook right?

I don't know about "gotta", I would personally go Cook but I don't see a huge difference there. I am not even sure you would have that choice, I can see reasonable situations where you are choosing between one of them and Kamara or one of them and Michael Thomas. I have all 4 of them ranked fairly equally in 0.5 PPR. There is talk of Cook holding out, so I would keep an eye on that before your draft.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 29, 2020

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Dalvin Cook catches passes and Conklin’s departure is a big blow to Tennessee’s o-line. I would take Cook without blinking.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Would anybody else consider CEH at that position? He's a big risk but so is Cook with that injury history. I'd probably take Cook too but that's another pick that some people are making there.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

Would anybody else consider CEH at that position? He's a big risk but so is Cook with that injury history. I'd probably take Cook too but that's another pick that some people are making there.

I'm at 6 in 0.5 PPR and really considering CEH there. It's also a keeper league, so my options are going to be a bit different, but still. If anything the past few years have shown us it's that the lead RB on the Andy Reid Chiefs is fantasy gold, especially one that can catch passes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

shirts and skins posted:

At 6? Yeah. Over Cook? Just depends on your tolerance for Cook's injury history and the very slight possibility of his holdout. I probably would, but I'm an LSU homer and Gearman said it, the KC RB is usually pretty drat good.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

shirts and skins posted:

I'm considering him at 1.05 (ppr), but it'll probably come down to Kamara or Cook

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'd definitely go Kamara over CEH. He's so much more proven and we are pretty sure CEH will have a big role. But we're 100% sure Kamara does have a big role in running and passing. CEH won't return pick 5 value if something even as simple as not being the red zone back happens.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mcmagic posted:

Miles Sanders for a 7th
Aaron Jones for a 7th
Lamar Jackson for an 8th
Derreck Henry for a 3rd

Below is their current ADPs.

Sanders - 21
Jones - 15
Jackson - 20
Henry - 6

Just based on that, you can eliminate Henry. I'm hesitant about Jones because they spent a 2nd rounder on Dillon. Even if he produces, his long term value isn't as strong as Sanders.

A strong case can be made for Jackson, but all things being equal, I want the RB1 with my 7th over a QB with my 8th.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

shirts and skins posted:

I like CEH over Cook this year because hold out risk is a thing.

Frankly, don't worry about how guys are ranked 6-10 at RB. Pick the guy you like most and don't worry about ADP if the guy you like won't come back to you in the second

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Roast my draft decisions.

10 man half PPR on Yahoo. Picked last.

QB: Dax Prescott, Tom Brady (Nobody picked him and he was the last pick of the draft)
RB: Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, David Johnson, Tarik Cohen, Tevin Coleman
WR: Davante Adams, Juju Smith - Schuster, Amari Cooper, Sterling Shepard, Christian Kirk
TE: Austin Hoopler
K: Jake Elliot
Def: Chicago

Week 8 and 11 are gonna be hell for me. I'm projected to have the least scoring team in the league. alas.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I like that team. Fournette is kind of a wasted pick but Johnson has real potential as a RB2. They're going to feed him in Houston. Your receivers are ace, I like JuJu as a post-hype sleeper. And Dak was QB2 last year - I like that stack with him and Amari. It could certainly fall apart for you quickly but you have really high upside too. And hell, we play for first, not fifth.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

I like that team. Fournette is kind of a wasted pick but Johnson has real potential as a RB2. They're going to feed him in Houston. Your receivers are ace, I like JuJu as a post-hype sleeper. And Dak was QB2 last year - I like that stack with him and Amari. It could certainly fall apart for you quickly but you have really high upside too. And hell, we play for first, not fifth.

Thanks. I had Juju last year and he could only do so much under coverage, especially with no AB to make him a prime target. The one player that gives me pause is Hoopler. He only had a good year last year due to injuries. He's not gonna be fed as much with a healthy Falcons Receiving corp

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Also he plays for the Browns now so he's definitely not catching many Matt Ryan passes

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

on the bored wop posted:

Also he plays for the Browns now so he's definitely not catching many Matt Ryan passes

My bad. Still, same situation. Too many mouths to feed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

What makes you say this? Chris Thompson?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Hooper isn’t going to be anywhere near as productive as he was last year, but he’s a fine back end TE1 if you don’t want to spend the pick on a top 6 or 8 one

e: but yeah overall I quite like that team. DJ and Fournette are great as your RB2 and 3, and that receiving corps is really solid too

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Forceholy posted:

Roast my draft decisions.

10 man half PPR on Yahoo. Picked last.

QB: Dax Prescott, Tom Brady (Nobody picked him and he was the last pick of the draft)
RB: Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, David Johnson, Tarik Cohen, Tevin Coleman
WR: Davante Adams, Juju Smith - Schuster, Amari Cooper, Sterling Shepard, Christian Kirk
TE: Austin Hoopler
K: Jake Elliot
Def: Chicago

Week 8 and 11 are gonna be hell for me. I'm projected to have the least scoring team in the league. alas.

Looks reasonably strong everywhere outside of TE. I am down on JJSS, but I think Cooper should be fine at WR2 if JJSS does not live up to his draft spot. Hopefully one of DJ or Fournette are worth starting. Pretty fortunate to get Cook at 10, especially in 0.5 PPR (unless he holds out).

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

What makes you say this? Chris Thompson?

Just the degree to which the team doesn't rate him. They tried to trade him all off-season! Plus the fact that he doesn't catch passes, and that he got a ton of goal line chances and still couldn't score with them. He has a lot of potential volume I guess but didn't do much with it when when he had it.

I sure could be wrong, I often am! But I'm not taking the chance at that ADP, I'd rather have Ingram or Akers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

Just the degree to which the team doesn't rate him. They tried to trade him all off-season! Plus the fact that he doesn't catch passes, and that he got a ton of goal line chances and still couldn't score with them. He has a lot of potential volume I guess but didn't do much with it when when he had it.

I sure could be wrong, I often am! But I'm not taking the chance at that ADP, I'd rather have Ingram or Akers.

I would rather have Akers but not Ingram. I think you're overrating the level to which the Jags used 4nets at the goal line (8 carries inside the 5).

He's been an RB2 or better in 75% of his career games (in PPR even!).

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
4 keepers uses the first 4 rounds standard redraft league no PPR. Who do you keep?

Lamar Jackson
Kenny golladay
DeAndre Hopkins
Chris Carson
Aaron Jones
Austin ekeler
Travis kelce

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Fournette had 100 targets and caught 76 passes last season lmao

He also had an extremely bad red zone conversion rate so is a likely positive TD regression candidate.

That said, that range is generally an RB dead zone with high risk RBs all over the place, so don’t blame anyone for fading.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Pirc posted:

4 keepers uses the first 4 rounds standard redraft league no PPR. Who do you keep?

Lamar Jackson
Kenny golladay
DeAndre Hopkins
Chris Carson
Aaron Jones
Austin ekeler
Travis kelce

Nuk
Golladay
Lamar
Kelce

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Pirc posted:

Lamar Jackson
Kenny golladay
DeAndre Hopkins
Chris Carson
Aaron Jones
Austin ekeler
Travis kelce

Carson, Jones, Kelce, Ekeler.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Pirc posted:

Lamar Jackson
Kenny golladay
DeAndre Hopkins
Chris Carson
Aaron Jones
Austin ekeler
Travis kelce

Lamar
Nuk
Ekeler
Kelce

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Pirc posted:

Lamar Jackson
Kenny golladay
DeAndre Hopkins
Chris Carson
Aaron Jones
Austin ekeler
Travis kelce

Do you start 3 WR or 2?

Jones
Ekeler
Kelce
Lamar or Golladay depending on if you play 3 WR or not. I am just thinking that if 15-20 WR are kept you might not have many good options at WR, while you can always find a QB in a 1 QB league.

Somewhat confused how Jones is not getting picked by some of you, since with every team keeping 4 players independent of round the top 4 RB will probably be something like CEH, Carson, David Johnson, and Fournette.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 29, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cervixalot posted:

Fournette had 100 targets and caught 76 passes last season lmao

He also had an extremely bad red zone conversion rate so is a likely positive TD regression candidate.

That said, that range is generally an RB dead zone with high risk RBs all over the place, so don’t blame anyone for fading.

Fournette's targets are gonna drop back down until week 6 when Chris Thompson tears his ACL but it doesn't matter because he's an RB2 even without catches.

He had historically bad yardage/TD ratios last season, too. Even if he doesn't catch passes, basic touchdown regression is gonna do wonders for him.

Anyway Yahoo! pro leagues are a joke because they're ten teamers and I got him as my RB4 and then my WR1 & WR2 were AJ Brown and Robert Woods lmao

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is mock drafting through your league a giant waste of time, or are there better platforms?

I'm in Yahoo 10man PPR and wondering if there is something that is a better use of my time for prepping for tonight's live draft.

I've got a Beer Sheet right here.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

Is mock drafting through your league a giant waste of time, or are there better platforms?

I'm in Yahoo 10man PPR and wondering if there is something that is a better use of my time for prepping for tonight's live draft.

I've got a Beer Sheet right here.

I would do a Yahoo! draft and note when there are screaming steals that you forgot about. Their ranks are super strange and you can do stuff like get Brandin Cooks in the 10th round.

The big sites rankings drive their ADP more than anything else. Here are some resources for bending the Y! ADP to your will
https://ballblastfootball.com/yahoo-adp-2020/ (this might be a bit outdated because Y! changed their rankings a couple weeks ago)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-draft-prep-finding-the-best-adp-values-at-yahoo-espn-and-nfc/

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/consensus-rankings-yahoo-adp.php

Also, the Beersheets were updated last night so if you ran it before, go grab yourself a new copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Pirc posted:

Lamar Jackson
Kenny golladay
DeAndre Hopkins
Chris Carson
Aaron Jones
Austin ekeler
Travis kelce

carson
ekeler
- no brainers cause they're both excellent RBs in great running situations

lamar
- top 2 QB