Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

the same guy also posted a pages-long screed about how he stalked some poor girl who was nice to him until he got fired or kicked out of a group home or something for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

the same guy also posted a pages-long screed about how he stalked some poor girl who was nice to him until he got fired or kicked out of a group home or something for it

Cides was the creepy stalker dude who was in a psychiatric care facility. The Punisher dude was someone else I think.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

ICR posted:

Friends I’m doing a goon wrestling league in discord and gonna stream and do tournaments and winners. It’s cool. This is what I typed there and have 54 goons so far. It’s free. I record the matches if you can’t watch live. Ok here goes nothing hope you keep reading!

Free Discord Wrestling League: Sorry this is off topic but I’m just working on filling this out. Need 14 more peeps to be created wrestlers in awful game WWE 2K20 where I’m running some live-streams of Royal Rumble mode with only our goon brethren. You get randomly created and this is the first time doing this. Got some giveaways going to the winners. Once you’re in, you just get to follow along! Here’s a sample of some who have already joined. We are at 54 so far. THANKS AND LOVE YOU

These are some of the goons who joined. The random creator did this.

If you want to join the fun league and relive the Wild 110 again, let me know! I let the PC autoplay it and it’s going to probably, the jury is still out, but probably good.

I have like 4 goon Discord servers and I have no idea what is "ours" because they're all goofy named

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Cides was the creepy stalker dude who was in a psychiatric care facility. The Punisher dude was someone else I think.

I guess when we're talking about the Marvel Heroes community I gotta be more specific -- while you are absolutely correct that Cides was one of the creepy stalkers in a psych ward who played this game, XenusParadox was the Punisher dude who threatened to shoot up Gaz and also posted this strugglebomb about the girl he was stalking

quote:

XenusParadox posted:
I have a story too.

I've been working at a vocational rehab program since last Memorial Day. I went there because I suffer from autism, social anxiety, depression, and a slew of other neurological, emotional and developmental disorders. I immediately took a liking to a young woman named Evelyn who doesn't speak English and, using my broken Spanish, began speaking to her.

At first, she was somewhat wary of me, but after I mentioned how I frequently take on a protective role towards people, particularly younger women, she began to show interest in me. I would sit by myself at lunch and she'd come and sit with me. Sometimes she'd come with a friend and after a minute ask the friend to leave.

I began hearing her talk to her friends about me. It was clear that she was attracted to me. And my initial physical attraction was amplified by the fact that this girl clearly suffers from some anxiety and abandonment issues and needs a strong protective figure in her life. I fell for her, because she needed me.

I was scared to death, because at 33 years old, I've never had a girlfriend. Closest I'd ever come was Katrina, the girl who's now my best friend, but who has such terrible commitment anxiety that she denies being attracted to me even though it's so obvious sometimes that everyone else can tell. I'm currently coaching her through her first relationship even though I've been in love with her for seven years, because she needs to learn how to stick with a guy and I can't coach her through being with ME; it just won't work.

Back to Evelyn. Once it was clear she liked me, and I started showing that I liked her, her friends started encouraging me to overcome my timidity. So I started flirting with her. She appreciated it. It was all smiles and "Listen to what Xenu's said" and "look, he gave me plastic flowers!"

That's when management assumed I was sexually harassing her. Dragged me upstairs and lectured me about "appropriate workplace behavior" and said basically, when we're at work, we have to keep our social lives separate.

The next day, I suffered a relapse of the chronic migraine-related vertigo that's plagued me for 8 years and had to leave the program while I got it straightened out.

During that time, unbeknownst to me, Evelyn got a boyfriend.

I eventually returned to the program, and on seeing that Evelyn still had a time card, I texted Katrina and asked her if it would be creepy (since I'm autistic, I have to check these things) if I left a note saying "hey, I'm coming back, my friend" next to her time card. Got the green light.

When I came back, Evelyn wasn't talking to me. Not even "hi" or "bye" or "welcome back" or anything.

And based on what I was observing, and the changes in behavior over time, and what her friends told me, I eventually pieced some things together.

She had a boyfriend now.

She got that boyfriend because she thought she was never going to see me again.

When she found out I was coming back, she had a near nervous breakdown because she still had feelings for me but didn't want to leave the security of the new relationship.

And it caused all kinds of problems, because she's freakin' 20 and can't act mature to save her life. She was MAD at me for getting sick and "abandoning" her, and mad for coming back after she met someone else. So she decided to punish me, but also she still liked me.

She would flirt with me one day and then decide she was uncomfortable around me the next because she felt guilty.

And her friends - the lead and assistant lead of the department - were being super unprofessional, getting all this personal BS mixed up in workplace activity. Talking about how "He's staring at you, he's in love with you" when I was standing right there, then turning around and telling me "she's uncomfortable because of how you feel about her."

And when it reached a breaking point for me - when it started affecting my job performance - I went to management for help.

And they released me from the program for "mental health concerns". They accused me of a "pattern of inappropriate conduct" despite the fact that no complaints were made against me by any of my coworkers, bringing up another girl I was talking to in the hallway - not that it's any of their drat business - who suffers from autism and social anxiety like me, and who, upon exchanging numbers with me, started bombarding me with sexually explicit text messages.

When I went back to pick up my last paycheck, I rode on a later bus than usual. There were 2 jackasses who were engaged in sexually explicit conversation 2 feet from the bus driver, and there were women and children on board. I asked them politely to stop; they laughed at me and continued. I requested that the driver enforce the company's sexual harassment policy, he told me they'd paid their fare and had a right to be on the bus, and if I had a problem with them I could get off. I downloaded the app to report sexual harassment, provided the bus number, the operator's ID number, and nothing was done.

By the by, my friend Katrina? Know her from church. Every time she breaks up with another guy, she wants to go out with me. Never calls it a date, because words like "date" and "boyfriend" and "relationship" scare her. But she has feelings for me, and when I went to my bishop for help, he dismissed me with "She's a lot more attractive than you are. You're imagining things. Leave her alone." From that point on, he'd harass me any time I tried to be friends with a woman.

And then there's my experiences growing up. Bullied at school? You bet. My dad liked to come home after a hard day at work and find an excuse to scream at and/or beat me to work out his anger. Guess how much sympathy and support I got from authority figures?

So you know what? I have a HUGE problem when other people bully me, and when I stand up for myself, I get in trouble for it while the instigators get off scot-free. Maybe it doesn't look like that's what's happening to others, but from where I stand, I've gotten into some verbal altercations with a few folks who gave as good as they got, and I got hit with mod action while they simply had their posts deleted and not so much as a 0-point warning was given.

So while I accept that I've earned my warnings, I think I shouldn't be alone in this jail cell.

And at this point, I'm thinking maybe a few days off from these forums is a good idea.

If anyone can post the one where the threatened Gaz in-character as the Punisher I'd take it as a personal kindness if you'd post it

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I have like 4 goon Discord servers and I have no idea what is "ours" because they're all goofy named

Marvelous Pro Elite Gaming Society.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Jesus I never saw that XP one.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

I guess when we're talking about the Marvel Heroes community I gotta be more specific -- while you are absolutely correct that Cides was one of the creepy stalkers in a psych ward who played this game, XenusParadox was the Punisher dude who threatened to shoot up Gaz and also posted this strugglebomb about the girl he was stalking

If anyone can post the one where the threatened Gaz in-character as the Punisher I'd take it as a personal kindness if you'd post it

Oh poo poo you're right. I remember that.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We ran some exhibitions last night and it was so much fun. Thanks for making this pandemic a lot of fun and just letting us all relive some glory days. It felt very Wild 110, Super 96, etc. like we used to do here.

I can take 25 more, but all I ask is that you join in in some sort of capacity. I loved having the chat rolling, the voice chat moving and that was cool.

Gonna stream this bad boy on Thursday for our first inaugural matches at 9PM Eastern Time in discord. Here’s the 65 goons we have so far on board.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Marvel Heroes 2021: Planet Hulk (Hogan)

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

"I have a story too."

What the gently caress was the thread topic.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

The biggest tragedy of the game shutting down is losing the o forums

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

"I have a story too."

What the gently caress was the thread topic.

iirc groot force trolled him into getting an infraction on the oforums and then were dunking on him after, then he came in to post that wall of insanity to illustrate how he feels about bullies or something

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Now someone post Comixfan's response from when one of you got a costume thread up before him (Taskmaster?)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Humerus posted:

Now someone post Comixfan's response from when one of you got a costume thread up before him (Taskmaster?)

jubelio's greatest triumph

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I got the MODOK thread and he was very, very upset over take two. I still have all them MODOKS in my Imgur.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

I got the MODOK thread and he was very, very upset over take two. I still have all them MODOKS in my Imgur.

I remember he went to the mods about either yours or jubelio's and they basically laughed in his face, proving that even the awful oforums mods were sick of his poo poo

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Why aren't they here as well as your Imgur?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'll never ever forget that

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
you don't scare me !!

i ain't scared of you

i shoulda stayed at google ..

uaaa

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
oo bwoke muh jawh!

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
:drunkenly: pick your targets n take em down

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You know, Emma, I can read minds with my clothes ON.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Hi, Frank, how's the family?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

More like Scarlet bit--- oh hey Wanda

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Behold! The power of Gravity!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I'm on a roll! And not like my brother Chuck.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
I'm sensing insufferable grating thoughts... Oh hello, Jean.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I do this out of compassion.

*destroys six cars and twenty five random gang members with almighty cosmic power*

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

More like Scarlet Biiiiahhehey there Wanda!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Just want to take this thread opportunity to thank AHB for my baller avatar. Finally, Brimley shows his true patriotism.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's good to see proper itemization again

Chronicon is a fun little game

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Needs more +Attribute procs and a cap to the +Attribute procs and also some tenacity or something

Oct 28, 2003

Diabetic posted:

Just want to take this thread opportunity to thank AHB for my baller avatar. Finally, Brimley shows his true patriotism.

that's a pretty fancy av.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Rest in peace Black Kitty Guy :(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This season of Fortnite has a Marvel battlepass with Thor, Iron Man, Dr Doom, Storm, Mystique, Wolverine, and Groot in it. The game is also doing a Marvel focused storyline and we're gonna have to fight Galactus soon. Marvel locations are popping up around the map too. Silver Surfer just became available in the cash shop today and Cap was recently too.

It has like nothing in common with Marvel Heroes but it just reminded me of the good times in MH to be thinking about if I want Doom to use the green or white costume again and to be just grinding for xp forever

If any of yall play my EGS name is SeaLily and my PSN is SleepySeaLily. used to be kelpplankton but I don't think I had more than like two Groot Force people friended on PSN

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Fortnite has a story?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

yikes! posted:

Fortnite has a story?

There's a portal and things coming through it and they'll walk right into traps without thinking, SAVE THE WORLD!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Shine posted:

There's a portal and things coming through it and they'll walk right into traps without thinking, SAVE THE WORLD!

Nah you're thinking of the PVE mode, which is similar to Marvel Heroes in that it's dead.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Get in and cosmic today one last time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Sea Lily posted:

This season of Fortnite has a Marvel battlepass with Thor, Iron Man, Dr Doom, Storm, Mystique, Wolverine, and Groot in it. The game is also doing a Marvel focused storyline and we're gonna have to fight Galactus soon. Marvel locations are popping up around the map too. Silver Surfer just became available in the cash shop today and Cap was recently too.

It has like nothing in common with Marvel Heroes but it just reminded me of the good times in MH to be thinking about if I want Doom to use the green or white costume again and to be just grinding for xp forever

If any of yall play my EGS name is SeaLily and my PSN is SleepySeaLily. used to be kelpplankton but I don't think I had more than like two Groot Force people friended on PSN

Adding you as soon as I'm home. Foxdieabetes. I'm working on unlocking she hulk, I already did the wolverine week one challenge and I'm also sporting Cap with mjolnir