Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Explain so I don’t have to look it up?

...Okay, used my tablet’s “look up”, and the Wikipedia snippet mentioned “the world’s first shotacon” :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boku no pico is not, in fact, the world's first shotacon

anyway its creepy and bad but also so are 99% of hentai ovas ever produced and the hyperfocus on boku no pico definitely has a lot of inherent homophobia. note this is not saying it isnt bad please do not twist it like that. its just weird people get so hyped up on joking about it when there's plenty of stuff thats the same thing but straight

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

Explain so I don’t have to look it up?

...Okay, used my tablet’s “look up”, and the Wikipedia snippet mentioned “the world’s first shotacon” :smithicide:

I am both kind of unsurprised and deeply disturbed by the fact that there is a wikipedia article for it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Doing good, Vic

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/GeneralASC/status/1299800248001454080

Good god

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Vic being a COVID denier is probably one of the least surprising things, and it still pisses me off.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Vic sure is just going full-throat in being a CHUD, what a champ.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Look how well he's doing; he's got literally tens of fans standing with him in a dead shopping center to show their support!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RubberLuffy posted:

Doing good, Vic

That needs more context. Vic is claiming he's getting a Funko Pop that's - wait for it - a conglomeration of every character he's ever done! It's totally not somebody's crappy custom job!

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1299919239206273024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

funko pop definitely announces new figures on monitors on top of trash cans, and not on their official twitter

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Endorph posted:

funko pop definitely announces new figures on monitors on top of trash cans, and not on their official twitter

I dunno, seems like a perfect way to brand their products. :smugdog:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Lubed_Waffle/status/1299926928078573568

Vic's gonna get sued to poo poo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I think it depends on if the actual mold design is considered to be violating a trademark.

Which, uh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I figure you can sell like bespoke custom Funkos on like Etsy, but this looks like it's something that's going for some level of mass production and general sale.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
im gonna go out on a limb and say this isnt exactly going to be mass production

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
like 20 people are going to get conned into paying 100 bucks for a fake sex pest funko

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah basically

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Hace posted:

like 20 people are going to get conned into paying 100 bucks for a fake sex pest funko

more like a sex pest fake funko

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
wonky syntax but live your life

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Every time I think Funko Pops can't get worse...

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Haha the only way he will be able to make money is con appearances and selling bootleg poo poo from characters he used to play.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

They combined all the characters into one fake Funko (Fanko?) because making more than one mold was a bit more expensive, which probably tells you everything you need to know about this operation.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

ravenkult posted:

They combined all the characters into one fake Funko (Fanko?) because making more than one mold was a bit more expensive, which probably tells you everything you need to know about this operation.

Probably to avoid trademark lawsuits too it doesn’t pass muster to resemble anyone’s work...

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
All of the best stuff is unaffected, though.

Divination Wizard, Hexblade, Lore Bard, Variant Human: None of this stuff is restricted at all.

The only notable strong thing that PHB+1 blocks is Yuan-Ti, but they added ways to get that in-game with extra benefits, so...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm glad Vic isn't ruining D&D

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

cant wait for the lore bard "animation figure"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Divination Wizard, Hexblade, Lore Bard, Variant Human: None of this stuff is restricted at all.

The only notable strong thing that PHB+1 blocks is Yuan-Ti, but they added ways to get that in-game with extra benefits, so...

:same:

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Toshimo posted:

I literally just came from that thread before checking this one, and now I feel like my brain is breaking.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Multiple tabs are hard. Also, I may be dumb.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
And, to be fair, both D&D and anime are infested with sex pests, so it's basically all the same.,

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Dawgstar posted:

That needs more context. Vic is claiming he's getting a Funko Pop that's - wait for it - a conglomeration of every character he's ever done! It's totally not somebody's crappy custom job!

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1299919239206273024

Well I just facepalmed myself so hard that I fell right into a black hole. Hi from the abyss!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Hace posted:

Worse. The promo page says "one of a kind". And as someone in twitter mentioned:

https://twitter.com/JosephGlass/status/1299970797675728896

So some modeller/vicstan built one of these, is going to auction it off to another vicstan, and Vic will probably take a nice little cut from the promotion. Look if Vic didn't do the hard work of travelling to that strip mall in the middle of a covid pandemic that person would never be able to sell it for as much. Value add!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What if that fan made it for Vic as a gift and he immediately turned around to sell it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

What if that fan made it for Vic as a gift and he immediately turned around to sell it

I mean, I would. Can you imagine having that sitting in your living room next to official action figures based on characters you used to do the voices for?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

this is absolutely what happened

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
That's weird, why does the Funko Pop have Sabo's hat from One Piece? Johnny Yong Bosch is playing him and doing a great job. As far as I know, Vic is a disgraced former voice actor and is in fact not playing Sabo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They are pretty much all characters that Vic has been fired from voicing.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Zeether posted:

Good god
https://twitter.com/ljmontello/status/1299964621772603393

He's doubling down. Well, given the amount of clips it's more like quintupling down at this point.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 31, 2020

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Worse. The promo page says "one of a kind". And as someone in twitter mentioned:

https://twitter.com/JosephGlass/status/1299970797675728896

So some modeller/vicstan built one of these, is going to auction it off to another vicstan, and Vic will probably take a nice little cut from the promotion. Look if Vic didn't do the hard work of travelling to that strip mall in the middle of a covid pandemic that person would never be able to sell it for as much. Value add!!!

Did someone say "modeling clay slapped over the a Funko Pop"?!?

ORIGINAL MANUFACTURING PROCESS DO NOT STEAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
That actually looks better than the actual Funko Pop Sonic by virtue of not having the default Funko eyes.