Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

soupy. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZHWNXW1NY&t=183s

I feel weird linking this because it's such a classic clip, but I would be really happy if there's fans here that haven't heard this yet.

My god, I can't believe that was all the way back in episode 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

soupy. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZHWNXW1NY&t=183s

I feel weird linking this because it's such a classic clip, but I would be really happy if there's fans here that haven't heard this yet.

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhsMLxMByyA

A full quarter of the posts in this thread are people talking about or posting links to their favorite bits, go nuts IMO

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I showed him deformed children.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
My wife just bought me the same Dead shirt Jonathan is wearing in 813. I now share three articles of clothing with the boys, including Seth's Mama Tried hoodie. We shop in the same parking lots.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
When I get paid I'm gonna get me some of those Taz slippers.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
I want to see Seth play Gavin Newsom in the inevitable docudrama/series about COVID California

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo Jah was "a regular coke user" in 2014, jeez bud

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I forget if Jonathan is an alcoholic as well, but a whole bunch of alcoholics are also huge coke heads, the scenes overlap.

Cocaine addiction usually comes with something else alongside it also because doing coke sober is a loving horrible experience

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I forget if Jonathan is an alcoholic as well, but a whole bunch of alcoholics are also huge coke heads, the scenes overlap.

Cocaine addiction usually comes with something else alongside it also because doing coke sober is a loving horrible experience

I don't think he drinks anymore but it also didn't seem like he had a problem with drinking. The majority of his stories seemed to be drug-related.

I think Seth is the same isn't he? There's an early episode where Jonathan mentions Seth being in recovery for drugs and quickly apologises for saying so.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think J's big thing was weed which for a millionaire hollywood rich kid is definitely the lesser of the evils.

Seth definitely holds back on the dirty details of his addiction with a few quite tame stories. You get the impression he was way off the deep end.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Jippa posted:

I think J's big thing was weed which for a millionaire hollywood rich kid is definitely the lesser of the evils.

Seth definitely holds back on the dirty details of his addiction with a few quite tame stories. You get the impression he was way off the deep end.

J started with weed when he was like 14 or some poo poo I think (remember his Mexico trip?) and we know it expanded to mad psychedelics but after that it gets murky.

Seth is forever haunted by his inability to save that child in McDonald's because he was too hosed up from partying right.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

J started with weed when he was like 14 or some poo poo I think (remember his Mexico trip?) and we know it expanded to mad psychedelics but after that it gets murky.

Seth is forever haunted by his inability to save that child in McDonald's because he was too hosed up from partying right.

Hahahahah

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

DrVenkman posted:

YOU LOVE FRIES, DON'T YOU?!

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
that kid's gone

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This movie discussion at the end of 814 rules, I meant to call about it but I clearly wouldn't have made the cut lol

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Judging by the way they're talking around my current eps (just broke 400), I'd be surprised if there was anything Jah wasn't doing haha.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DrVenkman posted:

I don't think he drinks anymore but it also didn't seem like he had a problem with drinking. The majority of his stories seemed to be drug-related.

I think Seth is the same isn't he? There's an early episode where Jonathan mentions Seth being in recovery for drugs and quickly apologises for saying so.

I don't think the coke ever actually left Seth's system.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
junction! :dance:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Seth once went on a rant where he talked about how it's SO loving GREAT TO BE SOBER. I LOVE IT. I LOVE LIVING MY LIFE AND BEING COMPLETELY CONSCIOUS ALL THE TIME.

I seem to remember a story about him getting in a k-hole in a parked car or something.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Can someone catch me up on what's changed with the podcast? they doing reruns now? feel like i lost my place and don't know how to restart now

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Can someone catch me up on what's changed with the podcast? they doing reruns now? feel like i lost my place and don't know how to restart now

No. It's just since episode 800 they've been recapping a year at a time from since the show started. Some stories they covered before but a lot they haven't. Just start from 800 and you can dip to older episodes later.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
That woman whose roommate fell asleep to Men In Black every night for five years, good lord

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DrVenkman posted:

No. It's just since episode 800 they've been recapping a year at a time from since the show started. Some stories they covered before but a lot they haven't. Just start from 800 and you can dip to older episodes later.

awesome, thanks!

seatbelts

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

awesome, thanks!

seatbelts

No worries! In case you didn't know they film the episodes now as well and they go up on YouTube.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

I seem to remember a story about him getting in a k-hole in a parked car or something.

Yes! What episode is that?

Dr. Wright posted:

There's a good one about him deep in a K-Hole after taking ketamine in a parking lot after taking his friend to a job interview, sitting in the bed of his pickup truck and absolutely losing his mind. Episode 308, 36m39s

'It makes your legs long'

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 3, 2020

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

Seth once went on a rant where he talked about how it's SO loving GREAT TO BE SOBER. I LOVE IT. I LOVE LIVING MY LIFE AND BEING COMPLETELY CONSCIOUS ALL THE TIME.

the sobriety rants are honestly my favorite recurring subject, because you never hear about it from quite that perspective anywhere else. like yeah every moment in sobriety is an absolute nightmare firehose of reality and being sober is lame as gently caress, and the implication just sort of hangs in the air of “being as hosed up as i was was so much worse” without being said out loud.

“I quit drinking before four loko came out”

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Seth got sober on 4/20 and Jonathan teases him about it sometimes. Jonathan told a story once about how hard it was being in a bar to see his friend play and not drink, also his father was a horrible alcoholic so he's definitely got the gene.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
and Seth did (does?) work in a weed dispensary. funny place for a stone cold sober dude to end up.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz238h8kw5I

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I'm fairly certain he finally quit after they set up the patreon. They also had a strain or whatever named after him, Seth's Blend or something.

Human Tornada fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 3, 2020

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

and Seth did (does?) work in a weed dispensary. funny place for a stone cold sober dude to end up.

yeah and it’s even funnier because he’s a thoughtful anxious weirdo so he would always keep gifts in his car in case he was in a situation where he might need one to give someone, so it’s likely that there is always weed in his car too

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9qtPo7VqGU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

"find your center? FIND YOUR SUICIDE NOTE."

as good as I remember it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wish I could remember when Jonathan told the story of Seth calling him while riding a carousel in a Mexican street carnival, weeping and saying "I'm done, I'm actually getting clean this time." (This may have been around the same time he took the LAPD cadet exam.)

C-Euro posted:

Holy poo poo Jah was "a regular coke user" in 2014, jeez bud

I think he admitted as much shortly after getting sober. I remember he said he'd bought a Switch and had seen more sunrises because of playing Breath of the Wild than he had on coke. (Also: "...I've been watching so much anime.")

Human Tornada posted:

They also had a strain or whatever named after him, Seth's Blend or something.

Seth's Sexy Sativa

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

(Also: "...I've been watching so much anime.")
Lmao I remember that one:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

J: "The not drinking, it's taken me-"
S: "It's taken you to the depths, you can't-"
J: "The amount of anime I've digested in the last two months..."
S: "Hentai, or?"
J: "No, I wish!"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

JethroMcB posted:

I think he admitted as much shortly after getting sober. I remember he said he'd bought a Switch and had seen more sunrises because of playing Breath of the Wild than he had on coke. (Also: "...I've been watching so much anime.")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOUey53Js10

new year new you and by new you i mean old you

inferis posted:

yeah and it’s even funnier because he’s a thoughtful anxious weirdo so he would always keep gifts in his car in case he was in a situation where he might need one to give someone, so it’s likely that there is always weed in his car too

that story about him seeing the incredibly long line on the day legal recreational weed happened in california and going in the back to buy a single joint he'll never smoke was great. what a wonderful weirdo

Giga Gaia fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 4, 2020

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Three Sunrises Over a Week: The Jonathan Larroquette story

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOUey53Js10
that story about him seeing the incredibly long line on the day legal recreational weed happened in california and going in the back to buy a single joint he'll never smoke was great. what a wonderful weirdo
Do you know the episode number?

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

JethroMcB posted:

Seth's Sexy Sativa

I love hearing about the gaming and anime journey of jah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

jonathan weighed in heavily on the side of subs over dubs