Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I unfortunately somehow failed to realize the Provost counted as a pet until he got himself killed by the spinny death wheel a room over. Whoops! That room seems like a pet nightmare though, really, since they're too dumb to avoid the obvious giant trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The brothel gives... some really amazing buffs for 10 bucks.

Ten and Ace give +25% crit. King gives +25% Hit(!). Jack gives AP+1(!!!). Queen gives +15% Evasion. They all last 20 minutes.

Some other brave soul can find out what Joker gives :v:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

blizzardvizard posted:

The brothel gives... some really amazing buffs for 10 bucks.

Ten and Ace give +25% crit. King gives +25% Hit(!). Jack gives AP+1(!!!). Queen gives +15% Evasion. They all last 20 minutes.

Some other brave soul can find out what Joker gives :v:

Penetration. In more than one sense of the word

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Really enjoying this so far. The writing is genuinely funny, the voice acting is really good, and the quests are fun. My brother and I are playing through separate games at the same time, and there are enough ways to approach quests that we've solved a few completely differently. The load times are pretty bad, and it's slightly irritating that everyone else lags behind whoever you have selected, which can mean that if you get into an unexpected fight one character gets obliterated on the first turn because everyone else is a mile behind. Overall, though, its great, and a really pleasant surprise after WL2, which I could never really get into.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I found a companion who seems plot relevant, with a decent stat spread, and they start with 9(!) points in Brawling, I found them around level 11/12

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Can you undo movement during combat if you gently caress it up before you attack?

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Mainlined this game through the weekend and its a very solid sequel. Sure there's some really bad bugs and clunkiness but its still way better than WL2 is in everything, the graphics, the gameplay systems, the writing, the music.. its all excellent. I like how they present Colorado as a moral sewer and how it just seems impossible to come out "clean" at the end of the game.. Haven't beaten it yet though so, with the second half of WL2 in the back of my mind, I'm hoping the quality stays like this for the rest of the game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

yo mamma a Horus posted:

Can you undo movement during combat if you gently caress it up before you attack?

Nope. The game does show you which enemies you can shoot at what accuracy when you mouseover the square you're gonna move to, so you can make an informed decision. No luck if you want to just undo a misclick, though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The game seems quite a bit more forgiving than D:OS2, at least in the beginning. Enemies seem a little less mean about focusing down a single member of your squad. Haven't had to replay any encounters except the one with Irv clones because you can start in a really terrible position.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

The game seems quite a bit more forgiving than D:OS2, at least in the beginning. Enemies seem a little less mean about focusing down a single member of your squad. Haven't had to replay any encounters except the one with Irv clones because you can start in a really terrible position.

On normal difficulty it’s very manageable. Pets, turrets, robots, etc. also do a great job of grabbing aggro.

It’s also pretty forgiving in terms of allowing you to revive and first aid is pretty powerful. So, even though your non-tanky PCs can go down really fast it’s very easy to recover.

Do yourselves a favor and don’t put off doing The quest line in Denver too long. Probably my favorite part of the game so far.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

Do yourselves a favor and don’t put off doing The quest line in Denver too long. Probably my favorite part of the game so far.

I turned them into meat kites. Oops. Uh. Sorry?

Robot hacking still broken :mad:

Wonder if I can just take a fresh recruit and replace him, maybe it'll work then.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Haha, I found... the elf workshop :allears:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So is the sound design for guns just kinda bad or is there some bug or setting I’ve got happening that I don’t know about? Sniper rifles sound like air guns which...seems wrong.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
anybody knows where you enter la perla codes on your base? i see an unlockable door but no computer or switch or something like that

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
There’s an intercom to the right of the door, it’s the sealed doors past the med bay

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Lakbay posted:

There’s an intercom to the right of the door, it’s the sealed doors past the med bay

awesome!

if you are an idiot like me you need to click on the door to trigger the intercom

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What I'm really wondering about in regards to that locked door in the base: How do you get into the room on the other side of that wall? You can clearly see it inside there and a door on the opposite side but no idea what leads there.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

lmao, I didn't realize you can just drive over dudes in combat with your war rig

got ambushed by Drools, moved the truck and mmmmmm-ulti kill, squished like 6 of them that surrounded me

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

blizzardvizard posted:

You have to manually reload every new weapon you equip? :psyduck: I just entered a battle with a freshly equipped SMG only to find that whoops it's empty and now I can't shoot twice.

It's weird because I think the game generally shows a lot of thought into players' QOL and I appreciate it for that, but then from time to time you see jank like this

I think its partly so you cant easily change up your weapons mid-combat without an AP cost. Though there are probably loads of other ways of doing that.

I've got a weird bug where my melee character travels further with a rocket launcher in hand despite the stats saying it gives a penalty to speed. Currently shes charging at people with an RPG and then smashing them in the face with a mallet.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

cheesetriangles posted:

What I'm really wondering about in regards to that locked door in the base: How do you get into the room on the other side of that wall? You can clearly see it inside there and a door on the opposite side but no idea what leads there.

The second set of codes is from doing La Perla's quest, if that's what you mean. Speaking of her I warned the girl, went back and killed La Perla, but the quest is still active. One similar note, going through Denver's quest siding with the robots has left me with the sabotage the statue objective still active. I mean, I should've because the final fight would've been easier but still. Do I need to finish off the third group to complete the quest? I almost did but I didn't want to fight a whole canyon of tribals right after that fight

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheesetriangles posted:

Leave at least one Ranger there by the wall and move another to the big supercomputer in the base near where you can change out party members. Clicking on it should have a new option that'll open the wall

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Switched over to singleplayer. Game is a lot more stable, except I just ran into another fun bug: I swapped a party member out to switch in a ranger with weapon modding. Upon swapping the old guy back in, he lost all of his skills. Reloaded, tried again, same result.

Edit: Damndest thing - it only happens to that one guy. Swapping other characters out doesn't cause it.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 30, 2020

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So after finally getting a decent amount of time to play the game, one thing I've been surprised over is that Charisma is a pretty strong stat. Not just for the exp boost but for the increase to the strike buildup. I thought my Max-Char Pointdexter character would be totally useless in a fight but since he gets a Precision Strike just about every few turns his poo poo accuracy, speed, health, AP and damage are kind of mitigated by being able to wipe something out on a consistent basis.

Li-Tsing starts with high Char too so she snaps those off a lot and as a sniper precision strikes are extremely strong. I'm probably going to max that instead of aiming for crits. The big problem with her is that her default build only gives her Sniper perks since Lockpicking and Kiss rear end don't have any....

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 30, 2020

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Had a museum tour from a very cool dude. Good game.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Awful lot of encounters I'm solving with a rocket right from the get-go. The distressing thing is that I feel like it's mostly a necessity, because like 75% of the time stopping to talk with people leads to them getting the first strike and my party getting slaughtered as they stand in the open.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So as someone who enjoyed XCOM, Divinity Original Sin 2, and Mutant Year Zero and has never played a Wasteland game, is this worth picking up? How long is this game?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The devs have said its about 100hrs of content. I've played about 40hrs and I feel like I'm about 1/3 of the way through the game, maybe less. Taking my time though on the hardest difficulty.

Div and Xcom have more polish, but the combat in this feels real good imo. Story is fine, but the reactive nature of the world is outstanding and way better than either of those others. I love tactical RPGs and I can't put this one down right now

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So as someone who enjoyed XCOM, Divinity Original Sin 2, and Mutant Year Zero and has never played a Wasteland game, is this worth picking up? How long is this game?

It seems huge. I must have put in 10-12 hours or so and have barely scratched the surface.

A few annoying bugs are cropping up now though. The whole time I was in The Bizarre, the zone in text wouldn't go away from the middle of the screen. So I spent a couple of hours with 'The Bizarre' in big white letters in the middle of the screen. Then the medic in there bugged out and I couldn't interact with him. Sometimes in combat it won't let me use Prepare, saying 'out of range'. Only seems to happen to my melee dude. Sometimes when I'm in conversations it gets very choppy, freezing up for a couple of seconds at a time.

I have a question - in The Warrens underneath the Bizarre, I found a dude called Provost, who only speaks in Latin phrases. I couldn't interact with him, but now he just randomly appears sometimes. What's the deal with him?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bardeh posted:

It seems huge. I must have put in 10-12 hours or so and have barely scratched the surface.

A few annoying bugs are cropping up now though. The whole time I was in The Bizarre, the zone in text wouldn't go away from the middle of the screen. So I spent a couple of hours with 'The Bizarre' in big white letters in the middle of the screen. Then the medic in there bugged out and I couldn't interact with him. Sometimes in combat it won't let me use Prepare, saying 'out of range'. Only seems to happen to my melee dude. Sometimes when I'm in conversations it gets very choppy, freezing up for a couple of seconds at a time.

I have a question - in The Warrens underneath the Bizarre, I found a dude called Provost, who only speaks in Latin phrases. I couldn't interact with him, but now he just randomly appears sometimes. What's the deal with him?

He's a combat follower basically. He'll stick with you unless he gets killed.

He showed up in Wasteland 2 doing the same thing, following you as a combat pet until you found a safe he unlocked with some good stuff at the end of the game.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It’s a pet that doesn’t take up a slot or require Animal. I feel like it’s a bug but with how goofy the game gets it might not be

^^^oh nvm what I said

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 30, 2020

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lakbay posted:

It’s a pet that doesn’t take up a slot or require Animal. I feel like it’s a bug but with how goofy the game gets it might not be

Its definitely not a bug, its a returning thing from Wasteland 2.

There are at least 5 combat pets that don't take up pet slots including him, probably more that I haven't found yet. Plus you can have as many Cyborg Chickens following you as you want until you drop them off at the coop in your base.

You can have a lot of dudes following you

All of the non-Rangers go into combat with me. Tight corridors have become my most dangerous opponent.

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 30, 2020

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

At some point I lost Major Tom and I have no idea when and none of my saves have him. Rip old boy.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I was really expecting to have a harder time getting my rep up with the Hundred Families, because they're the ruling elite and all, but besides some early game choices where you can lose rep with them, it seems like those hapless idiots need so much saving that you have to really go out of your way to make them mad.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

cheesetriangles posted:

At some point I lost Major Tom and I have no idea when and none of my saves have him. Rip old boy.

Same. I didn't even see him die. Polly too. :(

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Its been hard to keep followers alive on supreme jerk. I think I'm past trying anymore :(

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Stuff they’re aware of and working on.
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21149

I was having trouble with their forums. So another link is here.
https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053616313-Wasteland-3-High-Priority-Known-Issues-Workarounds-Status-PC-Console-

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 31, 2020

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you want to keep them alive you basically can't use shotguns or explosives. Also, I don't know if it's bugged, but I'm playing on Normal, which says FF is disabled, but it most definitely is not.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

:same:

It's even stranger since the char that summoned him still has his buff. I don't think he died either so he just vanished during the trip from the dam to ranger HQ.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I've also had a weird issue where some of my weapons will get weirdly huge damage buffs, like doubling their base. It only seems to affect Melee, Snipers and Pistols and goes away if I unequip the weapon and move it to someone else. Otherwise it seems pretty persistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Is co-op any good?