Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Her version of Otome Kaibou floored me when I first heard it. HOW IS SHE SO GOOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Acerbatus posted:

Only mentally. Might give it another shot at some point.

Oh, interesting. I thought Yuuki Yuna is a Hero was pretty alright overall but I was uhh... 17 or so when I saw it.
yuki yuna is mostly ok outside of the slow start but the ending is insanely bad. like, the cast resolve themselves to live on despite the challenges their sacrifices create for them... and then all those sacrifices are magically undone. It would've been more interesting if they worked to overcome them, like if the aspiring singer who lost her voice composed songs with vocaloid or something

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Polka sang Only My Railgun and it is the best version of it I've ever heard

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/NOBEL827/status/1300168459054014464
:same:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elephant Parade posted:

yuki yuna is mostly ok outside of the slow start but the ending is insanely bad. like, the cast resolve themselves to live on despite the challenges their sacrifices create for them... and then all those sacrifices are magically undone. It would've been more interesting if they worked to overcome them, like if the aspiring singer who lost her voice composed songs with vocaloid or something
its like the pinnacle of magical disability cures lol. literal scene of a girl in a wheelchair standing up out of it while triumphant music plays. poo poo sucks

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Happy page 100 anime chat thread

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I think we should pretend like it's a funnier number

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
danger's coming, looming large, so who's gonna make a stand
100 pages are taking charge, the line is drawn in the sand

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Dangerous Person posted:

I think we should pretend like it's a funnier number

happy page 80,085 everyone.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Her version of Otome Kaibou floored me when I first heard it. HOW IS SHE SO GOOD.
I like her cover of shin takarajima more than the original, and tbh she isn't even the best singer in hololive. powerful idol group
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKfkAqhpHyI

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Sorry but Miko had the best rendition of Shin Takarajima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhlnTV9oLw0&t=71s

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
y'all have seen this right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcmuzo6XfOk

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Huzzah! posted:

happy page 80,085 everyone.

In 8th grade my world was opened up when I got a graphing calculator and was given the ability to type the word gently caress whenever I wanted during math class

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bubbo no

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Burbo yes :mrgw:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

💯                                                                                                                                                                                                                     💯

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I miss that comic. :(

Where did Sameshark come from? There was a Sameshark poster in something I was watching recently.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FilthyImp posted:

I miss that comic. :(

Where did Sameshark come from? There was a Sameshark poster in something I was watching recently.

The smilie is based off of a poster in Nichijou

In case you didn't know, "same" means shark in Japanese

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
In case it's not clear, same means shark in Japanese.

Edit: Beaten

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The power of stealth edits :ninja:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ny6YvbSeA

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

El Burbo posted:

💯                                                                                                                                                                                                                     💯

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yHLFTpyZNo

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

akuma no riddle was one of the million anime Funimation took down from Crunchyroll wasn't it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Aloe isn't coming back because Hololive found out she livestreamed with her 2D model before her debut + she wasn't mentally prepared to start https://twitter.com/hololive_En/status/1300236867040882690

Sucks to hear this, hope she can go on to better things

Zeether fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 31, 2020

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

cover bad

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

This is like, what, the 4th time Cover has shot itself in the foot in a row?

Just let the girls manage themselves in a collective IMO.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cover-their-own-asses-corp, more like

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://youtu.be/3N0YLRunmEQ

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently at least two other hololivers went on stream about it while sounding noticeably upset. poo poo sucks and the way they've handled this will certainly just encourage people.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I don't watch Vtubers a lot but what I've seen of Korone and Pekora et all makes them look really sweet and it's a huge bummer to think they're in any extent beholden to this creepy controlling pseudo-idol bullshit.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Well, this is less idol culture controlling stuff and more a company's lovely response to harassment. The NDA breach thing was just a 2 week suspension and not really much outside of that but the actual (unstated) issue is that people began to internet detective and harass her because of finding that test stream archive. Cover Corp basically are showing they have no idea what to do if one of their streamers starts facing actual IRL harassment.

EDIT: To clarify, the use of the term "graduate" basically means that she is no longer part of Hololive but can still use the character to stream on her own if she wants to.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 31, 2020

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Black Mage Knight posted:

Well, this is less idol culture controlling stuff and more a company's lovely response to harassment. The NDA breach thing was just a 2 week suspension and not really much outside of that but the actual (unstated) issue is that people began to internet detective and harass her because of finding that test stream archive. Cover Corp basically are showing they have no idea what to do if one of their streamers starts facing actual IRL harassment.

I mean so far what they've done is made the streamer apologize
because

uh

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
I really wish I was watching The Promised Neverland Season 2 right now :saddowns:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I wasn't talking so much about this incident specifically so much as just general stuff I'd heard about fans kind of imposing idol-esque purity culture poo poo on the vtubers and Cover managing that harassment just as poorly - though in fairness I haven't followed the day-to-day drama that closely.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
re: australian censorship i checked and they haven't banned sword art online or anything yet, just some politicians from a minor party have spent the last 6 months grandstanding about it and trying to get it banned because it "features the abuse of children" but it hasn't actually been banned yet. they did convince a publisher to delist it from amazon while the classification board takes a look or something though

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
See, that's why more groups need to be like Gyari, design the characters and let them go nuts. I've even read he doesn't even get a cut from the VOMS stuff (though he might be getting a cut of the t-shirts deal they've got). He just wanted to see more gaming V-tubers and became the change he wanted to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1300267501171900416?s=19

e: actually it's just compiling existing shorts from other sources plus one original section, lol

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 31, 2020