Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

The case he's talking about, wasn't that the guy that was dragged out of his sentencing hearing while screaming "I shoulda killed you too bitch"?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A v. sympathetic and relatable defendant

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It's reasonable to joke about something that terrible, but of course they are building up a narrative of cities being a new savage frontier which they must heroically conquer like Boone, Crocket, and Carson, all serial killers in their own right. Without a frontier, the settler-colonial edifice, including the white identity, would shatter. If we aren't mixing our sweat and The Enemy's blood with the soil, how can our ownership of it be legitimate? If you're Jewish you can get that experience in Israel, but it looks like we aren't establishing any more external colonies before we collapse, so for the rest of us, the status quo has decided they're going to try rebuild Rhodesia internally, piece-meal across states and tract-housing developments.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I went looking to see what dum-dum was Tweeting in the wake of the Portland Max stabbings. Nothing about it. He was busy attending the G7 and announcing our withdrawal from the Paris Agreement on greenhouse emissions.

But there was this:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869874798087819264

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I feel like anytime someone has said to me they're an atheist followed by the "I believe in the flying spaghetti monster!" speech, they tend to be shitheads. So this is on brand.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's reasonable to joke about something that terrible, but of course they are building up a narrative of cities being a new savage frontier which they must heroically conquer like Boone, Crocket, and Carson, all serial killers in their own right.

I guess it's cool that everyone outside the far-right bubble is waking up to what they're doing but this narrative was already being pushed hard in the south when I was a kid

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

The case he's talking about, wasn't that the guy that was dragged out of his sentencing hearing while screaming "I shoulda killed you too bitch"?

Why yes, yes it was.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

You wanna understand what's happening in these people's heads, marathon as much Walker Texas Ranger as you can stomach and then imagine believing it's a documentary.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shame on an IGA posted:

You wanna understand what's happening in these people's heads, marathon as much Walker Texas Ranger as you can stomach and then imagine believing it's a documentary.

So evangelical Christians have secret powers?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Only when combined with a healthy dose of Cherokee fetishism

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

shame on an IGA posted:

Wave when you see me in the background.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

I guess it's cool that everyone outside the far-right bubble is waking up to what they're doing but this narrative was already being pushed hard in the south when I was a kid

The most racist white people in the south are in the atlanta suburbs and it's not even remotely close

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Milo and POTUS posted:

The most racist white people in the south are in the atlanta suburbs and it's not even remotely close

I'm from the Atlanta suburbs and I say Sherman them all.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Slim Pickens posted:

Here's the guy that got shot yesterday in Portland, just defending the guy that murdered two people on public transit (in 2017)

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/871099079710953472?s=19

He's no angel etc.

As a Black man who has been living in Seattle off and on for about 3 years, I was utterly taken aback by the amount of batshit crazy conservatism up here. Makes me never want to leave the major urban areas of Western Washington. And all of Oregon as far as Im concerned, is no (black) mans land. They seem even more insular and brainwashed than all of Eastern Washington.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Knives Amilli posted:

. And all of Oregon as far as Im concerned, is no (black) mans land.

Literally why the state was created :negative:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-man-brandished-gun-protest-defense-72714959

Mr Nice?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

MILWAUKEE (WKOW) -- A Milwaukee church that sent a U-Haul filled with food and supplies to protesters in Kenosha, says it was seized and the people inside were arrested.

The Zao MKE Church says it filled the truck with a thousand dollars worth of food, band aids and fire extinguishers.

It was intercepted by authorities in Kenosha Wednesday and church leaders say they haven't been given an explanation.

"I have no idea how the police could interpret water, Gatorade, bags of chips and fire extinguishers as a threat. And the fact that even after seeing all of that they confiscated it and continued to proceed to arrest the driver and passenger is absolutely beyond me," said Rev. Jonah Overton.

Our affiliate, WISN, questioned the Kenosha police chief about it Friday afternoon and he said he didn't know about it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm afraid things are gonna boil over. It's only a matter of time before these psychos open fire into a crowd.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can't believe Joe Biden is doing nothign

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can't believe Joe Biden is doing nothign

Outside of him constantly denouncing the violence since June, he has a speech tomorrow in Southwest PA. Previews are that he's going to throw all of the violence and poo poo right back in Donnie's face.

Donnie's in Kenosha on Tuesday and the Mayor, Governor, and WI Attorney General have posted statements saying they don't want him.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Joe Biden suggested to just shoot criminals in the leg on live tv

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I think this speaks for itself.

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1300154855546392577

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

facialimpediment posted:

Outside of him constantly denouncing the violence since June, he has a speech tomorrow in Southwest PA. Previews are that he's going to throw all of the violence and poo poo right back in Donnie's face.

Donnie's in Kenosha on Tuesday and the Mayor, Governor, and WI Attorney General have posted statements saying they don't want him.

It's a reference to Joe Biden being the president and this happening on his watch god

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The ur-centrist.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's a reference to Joe Biden being the president and this happening on his watch god

Sorry, wasn't sure and figured the scheduling content was a decent enough hedge.

Speaking of hedging!

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1300277502833651712

Edit: This is the second time Donnie's retweeted that exact video too. Scavino is getting lazy with the racist sourcing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm afraid things are gonna boil over. It's only a matter of time before these psychos open fire into a crowd.

This kind of poo poo legit terrifies me. And the stuff with the cops arresting people for bringing supplies to protesters is serious "mask-off" type poo poo. At this point I think the divide in this country is too deep and too vast to be fixed.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

Sorry, wasn't sure and figured the scheduling content was a decent enough hedge.

Speaking of hedging!

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1300277502833651712

Edit: This is the second time Donnie's retweeted that exact video too. Scavino is getting lazy with the racist sourcing.

What video was that? I'm guessing one of ~~evil black thugs~~ ganging up on poor, upstanding white citizens, or something equally stupid from the top half of that thumbnail?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What video was that? I'm guessing one of ~~evil black thugs~~ ganging up on poor, upstanding white citizens, or something equally stupid from the top half of that thumbnail?

NYC video of a black guy pushing a white woman in a subway towards a stopped car. It was from 2019 and wasn't BLM-related or anything. Donnie's spinning it as BLM-poo poo, retweeting a spanish language trumpy twitter account. Just plain incitement, which Biden and co are using as a "hey, only Donnie is cheering for violence and he's admitting it!".

For funny content: https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1300211456126803968

Edit: Whoa 2020 is weird

https://twitter.com/vmas/status/1300239294553038848

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 31, 2020

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Chromatica is good and anyone who likes pop should listen to it.

(the first minute is her song 911 which is about how she started taking olanzapine because of a psychotic break and even though it flattens her emotions it's worth it so she doesn't hate herself)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The date, name, and content make perfect sense together but my brain had trouble parsing it. Holy poo poo that is a dark rear end concept

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

I *think* the joke is more, since trump is running all those "This is Joe Biden's America" attack adds using video from protests happening while Joe Biden is in fact not president, this poster is poking fun at those idiots.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Chromatica is good and anyone who likes pop should listen to it.

(the first minute is her song 911 which is about how she started taking olanzapine because of a psychotic break and even though it flattens her emotions it's worth it so she doesn't hate herself)

Olanzapine is the drug that brought me back to sane and regulated me out to a much healthier mental state. Sure it’s flattened my affect and kind of just makes me emotionally numb at times- but I’m not a raving mad man with delusions of grandeur or persecution. Psychosis is a motherfucker.

I’ve also not gotten into any altercations, verbal or physical, in years since I started taking it.

Maxed out my dosage at 30mg nightly. If you’ve got psychiatric issues and your doctor thinks olanzapine (Zyprexa brand name) might help give it a serious consideration. I went from fighting with the voices in my head and other craziness to a completely boring and safe and sane life.

Olanzapine saved my life.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

One thing that is hard to overstate is how helpful it can be when you're going through mental struggles, to hear someone who's done the same talk a little bit about it and the medication that helped them. Because, it removes a bit of fear and stigma as well as lends you something that is in short supply. It gives you hope.

Felt it needed to be said.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean yeah let's not pretend which side the government will fall on

Will the military though, and all the governors, assuming they maintain control over National Guard units? idk really what would happen if the federal executive decided to federalize the NG to have it sit back and do nothing, but between a lack of recent historical precedence here and my own ignorance of how our chain of command stuff works for that I feel like it's kind of an open question. I can't really imagine say, Newsom just sit back and do gently caress all if it gets to the point where you'd reasonably declare martial law, though if things go the more pogrom/domestic terror route I could see that slow boiling with just normal civil law enforcement (they're a mixed bag, but uh, demonstrably trending towards a side at this point) left to handle things.

The whole peaceful transfer of power and civilian control of the military are time-honored American traditions and all, but how well have we been holding onto time-honored traditions these days? I don't know gently caress all about the leanings of the military brass, but I wouldn't think them particularly chudly offhand, and more on the "America global force for good, especially in its foreign military adventures!" side of conservatism than the modern white nationalist populism if anything. I suppose it'd be a question of how much they'll let things slow-boil also before going Turkish Armed Forces. Closest thing I can think of to that was local unrest during Vietnam, but that was unrest against the government against a foreign war the US military was waging--quite a different situation than a conflict at home or an attempt by the current administration to dispense with the peaceful transfer of power.

I've perhaps spent too much time watching the current unrest in Belarus over the past few weeks, having invested more time in learning the history and politics of the former Soviet Union than I do the US (it's easier to ingest poo poo when personally distanced from it). It's a strange thing to watch the will of the security services and armed forces slowly erode--not so much because it's inconceivable, but that it's seemingly dissolving among people whose livelihood depends on their obedience to the administration and justifiably fear it, even when asked to inflict violence upon their own populace. They probably weren't entirely ignorant of their own cognitive dissonance before this all started, but were fine being complacent with it so long as the demands were relatively light (round up and rough up a couple dozen died in the wool dissidents every now and then, idle around metro stations as a show of force and yell at people to not litter most days. I find some optimism, maybe misplaced, in the idea that most of the people working in our institutions want to do good, and will only tolerate so much outside the norm before something cracks.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

One thing that is hard to overstate is how helpful it can be when you're going through mental struggles, to hear someone who's done the same talk a little bit about it and the medication that helped them. Because, it removes a bit of fear and stigma as well as lends you something that is in short supply. It gives you hope.

Felt it needed to be said.

Yup. There's a reason AA is a group.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Excellent, Donnie's Fox News doctor that he pulled in, and is talking to every day, is pushing herd immunity bullshit.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1300398936453271552?s=19

I do wonder if Biden would pull the YOU WANT AMERICANS TO DIE FOR THE DOW line. It's basically accurate.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

This is gross as hell and highly worrying. I’ve been watching far right people talk like this forever, except it now feels like a genuine threat as opposed to fat CHUDs posting on ARFCOM.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Will the military though, and all the governors, assuming they maintain control over National Guard units? idk really what would happen if the federal executive decided to federalize the NG to have it sit back and do nothing, but between a lack of recent historical precedence here and my own ignorance of how our chain of command stuff works for that I feel like it's kind of an open question. I can't really imagine say, Newsom just sit back and do gently caress all if it gets to the point where you'd reasonably declare martial law, though if things go the more pogrom/domestic terror route I could see that slow boiling with just normal civil law enforcement (they're a mixed bag, but uh, demonstrably trending towards a side at this point) left to handle things.

The whole peaceful transfer of power and civilian control of the military are time-honored American traditions and all, but how well have we been holding onto time-honored traditions these days? I don't know gently caress all about the leanings of the military brass, but I wouldn't think them particularly chudly offhand, and more on the "America global force for good, especially in its foreign military adventures!" side of conservatism than the modern white nationalist populism if anything. I suppose it'd be a question of how much they'll let things slow-boil also before going Turkish Armed Forces. Closest thing I can think of to that was local unrest during Vietnam, but that was unrest against the government against a foreign war the US military was waging--quite a different situation than a conflict at home or an attempt by the current administration to dispense with the peaceful transfer of power.

I've perhaps spent too much time watching the current unrest in Belarus over the past few weeks, having invested more time in learning the history and politics of the former Soviet Union than I do the US (it's easier to ingest poo poo when personally distanced from it). It's a strange thing to watch the will of the security services and armed forces slowly erode--not so much because it's inconceivable, but that it's seemingly dissolving among people whose livelihood depends on their obedience to the administration and justifiably fear it, even when asked to inflict violence upon their own populace. They probably weren't entirely ignorant of their own cognitive dissonance before this all started, but were fine being complacent with it so long as the demands were relatively light (round up and rough up a couple dozen died in the wool dissidents every now and then, idle around metro stations as a show of force and yell at people to not litter most days. I find some optimism, maybe misplaced, in the idea that most of the people working in our institutions want to do good, and will only tolerate so much outside the norm before something cracks.

I keep revisiting this issue in my mind often. At first I was very suspicious of what the military would do. Do you remember when Mattis, Mullen, and other former big wigs all started releasing statements earlier in this year? When I read those statements I got the feeling that there were multiple audiences intended. The military audience was given a message of "be on the right side of history when poo poo hits the fan with this one". I would like to believe that the guys on the line, or at least commanders were able to reach the same conclusion.

That being said, if/when such a thing happens, it will be extremely difficult for people like us to determine who to help (if we are inclined to do so). I would like to say that I was on the correct and just side of this when everything boils over. I just don't know how I am going to determine who stands for what when all of this goes down.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

Excellent, Donnie's Fox News doctor that he pulled in, and is talking to every day, is pushing herd immunity bullshit.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1300398936453271552?s=19

I do wonder if Biden would pull the YOU WANT AMERICANS TO DIE FOR THE DOW line. It's basically accurate.

Herd Immunity will work great after we lose about 2-4 million people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Laziest approach possible..... check