Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I hope you changed compresses to comprises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
hacienda de lomarf

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolol#See_also

:eyepop:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

"land of crabs and holes"

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

López liked to dress as anime characters.[17]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

not worthless

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Antarctica

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
what is it about antarctica that makes people want to burn down buildings

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
that’s the Thing I can’t put my finger on

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Who gave the wifebeater :10bux: for that new 'tar?

:toughguy:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

if you're referring to my weird new av, i have no idea. i hope it was a mod and that no tenbux were involved

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Yeah well until the sale closes we should avoid tar changes but also acts which could lead to the impression that such a change has occurred (as an appearance of a new 'tar could lead to the impression that :10bux:ing was again permissible).

Avoidance of :10bux: and of :10bux:'s near occasion.

:mad:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
Today, grinds are commonly performed on handrails, lips of benches, tables, hubbas (ledge on a slope), on a hard normal ledge, a flatbar, or just simply anything that is possible enough to grind on it.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah well until the sale closes we should avoid tar changes but also acts which could lead to the impression that such a change has occurred (as an appearance of a new 'tar could lead to the impression that :10bux:ing was again permissible).

Avoidance of :10bux: and of :10bux:'s near occasion.

:mad:

there’s a whole QCS thread for buying changes with charitable donations. maybe you should check there before taking a poo poo in this thread

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

El_Elegante posted:

there’s a whole QCS thread for buying changes with charitable donations. maybe you should check there before taking a poo poo in this thread

If these donation-changes lead to a general belief that changes may now be done without funding the wifebeater and therefore lead to (non-donation) changes which benefit the wifebeater then these donation-changes are performed in error.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

maybe take it up with the mods if you're concerned, none of us plebs can do anything about it

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

Schadenboner posted:

If these donation-changes lead to a general belief that changes may now be done without funding the wifebeater and therefore lead to (non-donation) changes which benefit the wifebeater then these donation-changes are performed in error.

which wikipedia article is this from, I’m coming up blank

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Soricidus posted:

which wikipedia article is this from, I’m coming up blank

I dunno, scholasticism probably?

:shrug:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pakled posted:

what is it about antarctica that makes people want to burn down buildings

best way to impress a penguin is with something they have never seen before

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

El_Elegante posted:

that’s the Thing I can’t put my finger on

hehe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The mixture of comedy with the dark subject of suicide wasn't what critics were expecting from a Burt Reynolds film, and was not well-received.[9]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

not worthless is this list of all the pages on wikipedia with the highest level of edit protection:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:ProtectedPages&level=extendedconfirmed

it seems like anything about the israel-palestine conflict automatically gets this protection, so the vast majority of the pages are about that. but it also includes

- fortnite
- "pronounciation"
- chicken mcnuggets
- rupaul's drag race all stars (season 4)
- potential superpowers
- fred penner
- cat creek, montana
- disgust

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

not worthless is this list of all the pages on wikipedia with the highest level of edit protection:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:ProtectedPages&level=extendedconfirmed

it seems like anything about the israel-palestine conflict automatically gets this protection, so the vast majority of the pages are about that. but it also includes

- fortnite
- "pronounciation"
- chicken mcnuggets
- potential superpowers
- fred penner
- cat creek, montana
- disgust

Cat Creek (also Frantz or Frantzville)[N 1] is an unincorporated community in eastern Petroleum County, Montana, United States.

"petroleum county"? not even making an effort there, montana

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

prefect posted:

Cat Creek (also Frantz or Frantzville)[N 1] is an unincorporated community in eastern Petroleum County, Montana, United States.

"petroleum county"? not even making an effort there, montana

the ghost of bill hicks has developed a severe facial tic

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

- fortnite
- "pronounciation"
- chicken mcnuggets
- potential superpowers
- fred penner
- cat creek, montana
- disgust

the cat creek, montana one is because of this guy:

Wikipedia long term abuse posted:

Catcreekcitycouncil: Prolific sockpuppeter with over 500 socks which inserts hoaxes about lions existing in Montana.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Manky Tungeon posted:

the cat creek, montana one is because of this guy:

my hero

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Nonsense edits at television shows for young children, Looney Tunes articles, and topics related to Happy Tree Friends; also known for hoaxing at List of Crayola crayon colors. Obsessed with inflatable, bursting, popping, and bouncing objects.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
TOPGUN was made famous by the 1986 motion picture Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Spaced God posted:

Nonsense edits at television shows for young children, Looney Tunes articles, and topics related to Happy Tree Friends; also known for hoaxing at List of Crayola crayon colors. Obsessed with inflatable, bursting, popping, and bouncing objects.

pls dont quote me irl

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020

Continuity RCP posted:

It's about a British public figure

There's a citation to a newspaper article that just doesn't say the thing it's supposed to

Edit: not royalty or anything, an advisor to the PM. There's a claim she was a member of a Trotskyite group in the 90s that's become "common knowledge" but the group basically didn't exist when she was supposed to be a member. It's a dumb thing that bugs me

The Nelson Mandela article says he led an austere life, refusing to drink alcohol or smoke. They didn't even look at the pictures in Long Walk to Freedom before putting it prominently on the bookshelf.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
International Left Hander's Day was created to celebrate sinistrality and raise awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of being left-handed in a predominantly right-handed world. It celebrates left-handed people’s uniqueness and differences, a subset of humanity comprising seven to ten percent of the world's population.[citation needed]

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

this picture

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

However, it seems that this pleasant extrapolation of dubious facts is now generally accepted as being no more than just that.[13]

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Accordionists_by_nationality

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The Isle of Wight (/waɪt/) is a county and the largest and second-most populous island in England.

how is england not the largest island in england?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

prefect posted:

The Isle of Wight (/waɪt/) is a county and the largest and second-most populous island in England.

England is not an island

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

prefect posted:

Because England isn't the same thing as Britain.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Continuity RCP posted:

England is not an island

half-island. close enough

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

prefect posted:

half-island. close enough

It's bordered on land by two countries

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Continuity RCP posted:

It's bordered on land by two countries

i enjoy being contemptuous towards england, because they seem awfully snooty over there :wotwot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Knapp announced his millionth edit to Wikipedia on April 19, 2012.[6] At the time, he had been submitting on average 385 edits a day since signing up in March 2005; about his performance he said: "Being suddenly and involuntarily unemployed will do that to you."[6] Margaret Ferguson, an associate professor of political science at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis and one of Knapp's professors, said she was not surprised by his dedication to editing Wikipedia.[9] In 2012, Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales congratulated Knapp for his work and presented him with the site's highest award for his achievement[10] by declaring that April 20 would be Justin Knapp Day.[11] In a 2014 interview with Business Insider, Knapp said that "there is no typical day" with regard to his Wikipedia editing, and that his "go-to edits are small style and typo fixes." He also argued that the declining number of Wikipedia editors is "not necessarily a problem."[12]

His Wikipedia username, Koavf, was chosen as an acronym for "King of all Vext Fans", a reference to a contest Knapp entered for the comic book Vext in the 1990s.[7] Knapp was a significant contributor to Wikipedia's bibliography on George Orwell,[8][13] and he has also made many edits involving the categorization of albums through Wikipedia's category structure.[14] In June 2012, the Indianapolis Star reported that Knapp sometimes edited Wikipedia for as many as 16 hours a day.[15]