Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Leperflesh posted:

I can't imagine doing a startup dynasty draft as a snake draft instead of an auction. That's madness. Do you not have salaries/a salary cap?

The new one I joined this year doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I’ve played in dynasty leagues since 2014 but for whatever reason, never been interested in salary cap. Devy, superflex, tight end premium, idp, points per carry, you name it, just never salary cap.

Auctions in general are amazing for both redraft and dynasty, but dynasty slow draft snake startups that last a few weeks are still really fun and I wish i could do one every year.

I did a slow auction dynasty startup last year and it was maybe one of the most fun drafts I’ve ever done. Really want to start up a new goon dynasty league in that format one of these years.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Cervixalot posted:

I’ve played in dynasty leagues since 2014 but for whatever reason, never been interested in salary cap. Devy, superflex, tight end premium, idp, points per carry, you name it, just never salary cap.

Auctions in general are amazing for both redraft and dynasty, but dynasty slow draft snake startups that last a few weeks are still really fun and I wish i could do one every year.

I did a slow auction dynasty startup last year and it was maybe one of the most fun drafts I’ve ever done. Really want to start up a new goon dynasty league in that format one of these years.

I would've done a slow draft for mine but we didn't find our 12th until about a week ago and wouldn't have had time before the start of the season.

I've actually never done an auction draft before. My first one will be next week. Should be fun!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

on the bored wop posted:

I would've done a slow draft for mine but we didn't find our 12th until about a week ago and wouldn't have had time before the start of the season.

I've actually never done an auction draft before. My first one will be next week. Should be fun!

I loving love auction drafts.

My first was beer league (and I assume that's what you're talking about here!) and it's awesome. So much more fun because you effectively have a say in every pick.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Yep, looking forward to that Beer League draft. I'll have finished up another draft right before that, too, so it's going to be a busy day.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

I loving love auction drafts.

My first was beer league (and I assume that's what you're talking about here!) and it's awesome. So much more fun because you effectively have a say in every pick.

auction drafts are the best and every other draft type should be banned

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

just did this draft, 10 teams:

QB: Kyler Murray
WR: Chris Godwin
WR: Calvin Ridley
WR: Tyler Lockett
RB: Christian McCaffrey
RB: Aaron Jones
TE: Hayden Hurst
FLEX: DeAndre Swift
FLEX: CeeDee Lamb
K: Harrison Butker
DST: New England

Bench
Jerry Jeudy
Boston Scott
Damien Harris
Justin Jackson
Henry Ruggs

...I think this went well.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

pmchem posted:

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 31, 2020

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ketchup vs catsup posted:

just did this draft, 10 teams:

QB: Kyler Murray
WR: Chris Godwin
WR: Calvin Ridley
WR: Tyler Lockett
RB: Christian McCaffrey
RB: Aaron Jones
TE: Hayden Hurst
FLEX: DeAndre Swift
FLEX: CeeDee Lamb
K: Harrison Butker
DST: New England

Bench
Jerry Jeudy
Boston Scott
Damien Harris
Justin Jackson
Henry Ruggs

...I think this went well.

The only thing I don't like is loading up on so many of even the very top rookie WRs. In a normal year, it's already a bit of a crapshoot whether those dudes will pay off in redraft, and even if they do, they often come along slowly and only really get usefully productive some ways into the season. Lamb and Jeudy especially also have a shitload of competition. Those two plus Ruggs is just a lot of roster space and probably draft capital that could've partly gone to more established, safer, and consistent but unglamorous vets. Can't hate the upside you got in them, though!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lol. Jags released Fournette just after I talked myself into thinking he could be a good RB2.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Now I have no starting rbs on my dynasty team. Cool cool

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just picked up Ryquell just in case.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Who's signing Fournette? Washington? Chicago?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Zack posted:

Hell I'd be ok with him joining the Saints for a year to supplement Kamara and Murray.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Hell I'd be ok with him joining the Saints for a year to supplement Kamara and Murray.

Hasn't Kamara missed some practices over the last week too? Saints are probably approaching the cap cliff at this point though.

Plus Sean Payton seems to hate LSU.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

The Zack posted:

Tampa?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ayudo posted:

Hasn't Kamara missed some practices over the last week too? Saints are probably approaching the cap cliff at this point though.

Plus Sean Payton seems to hate LSU.

Nothing serious as far as I can tell. And if Loomis wants someone bad enough, they'll flip around the numbers and make it work. This is definitely an "all-in" season for the New Orleans Saints.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

They supposedly really like Ronald Jones.

For my sake I hope they stay that way.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

They already have RoJo who is basically the same.

Jets, Washington, NO, and Chi all seem like legit landing spots.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Quiet Feet posted:

Lol. Jags released Fournette just after I talked myself into thinking he could be a good RB2.

And here's why I thought he'd be a bad pick! If a team doesn't want him, they won't keep him. Wonder if he'll end up anywhere.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Alfalfa posted:

They already have RoJo who is basically the same.

Jets, Washington, NO, and Chi all seem like legit landing spots.

I'd add Philly and Cincinnati if mixon is actually holding out. I still don't know how to read that situation.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Is it deranged of me to keep Barkley for $81 of my $200 auction cap? I feel like he's gonna cost pretty much that much anyway and I might as well lock him down, right?

This is my overperforming bad team from last year:

Keepers are 5 extra on top of what we paid in auction the previous year.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Silly Burrito posted:

Just picked up Ryquell just in case.

I've heard that Ozigbo is looking good too. I'm grabbing him as a flyer everywhere I can.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Is it deranged of me to keep Barkley for $81 of my $200 auction cap? I feel like he's gonna cost pretty much that much anyway and I might as well lock him down, right?

How many keepers do you get? AJ Brown and Drake are really nice values there

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

It's not deranged, but it does miss the point of keepers. You should be trying to get value and save dollars, so you can throw more money at other players

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I always have top tier RBs pegged at around $60 for a $200 auction, though with the disparity between McCaffery and the others I would probably have him at ~ $70. $81 seems like a massive premium just to hold on to a player you already have.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Assuming other teams have good cheap keepers, you can't just use normal auction values. If everyone has 5 keepers for $5 each, they've got a shitload more $ to spend than a non keeper auction and prices will go up accordingly.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Do you think you'll get him for less if you don't keep him? Like previously said there is no value there so not worth the keeper price.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

I always have top tier RBs pegged at around $60 for a $200 auction, though with the disparity between McCaffery and the others I would probably have him at ~ $70. $81 seems like a massive premium just to hold on to a player you already have.

You have to factor keepers into the auction. It's going to push prices up at the front of the draft because there will be more scarcity of elite players

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sataere posted:

You have to factor keepers into the auction. It's going to push prices up at the front of the draft because there will be more scarcity of elite players

That is true and I did not consider that. I guess you have to gauge who will be available to grab.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

This is random as gently caress but would you guys trade Cole Beasley for Tyler Johnson in dynasty? My starting wideouts are excellent in Julio, Odell, Allen Robinson and AJ Green at flex but my bench wideouts stink. Beasley might be my top reserve. 12 team PPR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

This is random as gently caress but would you guys trade Cole Beasley for Tyler Johnson in dynasty? My starting wideouts are excellent in Julio, Odell, Allen Robinson and AJ Green at flex but my bench wideouts stink. Beasley might be my top reserve. 12 team PPR.

i would, but knowing fully that it's taking a big risk on Tyler panning out down the road.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

i would, but knowing fully that it's taking a big risk on Tyler panning out down the road.

Chances are solid that I could probably find another Beasley on waivers I would think

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ty1990 posted:

Chances are solid that I could probably find another Beasley on waivers I would think

Yeah it's this. There's almost no point in having Cole Beasley on your squad at this point, even in a deep dynasty league.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I agree with that

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1300490433659797511?s=19

Looks like Kamara's mystery injury has been a camp holdout. I'm sure saints will find the money. They always do.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1300490433659797511?s=19

Looks like Kamara's mystery injury has been a camp holdout. I'm sure saints will find the money. They always do.

Oh man, this is going to freak some people the hell out though. Wonder if some lucky 5th - 7th pick drafters will see Kamara fall.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Mixon and Cook owners have to be a little nervous at this point about holdouts

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

Oh man, this is going to freak some people the hell out though. Wonder if some lucky 5th - 7th pick drafters will see Kamara fall.

I'm so hyped to get kamara on the cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Glad I grabbed L'Murray in 20-team!