Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maya Fey posted:

21. Portal. First time I play this since the Orange Box days. The main mechanic is still really cool but the puzzles don't really exploit it in an interesting way imo. Pretty cool how the Source engine still does the classic crash-with-looping-sound every 20 minutes or so

I wish they ever made more Co-Op levels from 2, that poo poo was supremely fun to puzzle out with a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

29. Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories (Sora and Riku modes). This game should have just been Riku mode bc it was better designed, had a actual narrative and was half as long.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

In Training posted:

I wish they ever made more Co-Op levels from 2, that poo poo was supremely fun to puzzle out with a friend.

the co-op puzzles in 2 were the only real puzzles in it, most of the sp game you're just looking for that one bit of wall you can stick a portal on

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know how aids this is which is why im shocked valve didnt do it but if they charged like $5 for co op portal mission packs literally everyone on the planet would have bought them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
they stopped supporting co-op because they didnt sell enough robot hats gently caress valve lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

they stopped supporting co-op because they didnt sell enough robot hats gently caress valve lol

lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A Gentleman and his hat...ftw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Pokemon Shield
2. Dragon Quest XI
3. Donkey Kong Country 3 103%
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. Yakuza 0
6. Metal Gear Solid
7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD
8. Super Mario Bros. 3 (all stages)
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
10. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
11. Batsugun (Original) - 1CC with Beltiana - video

mycophobia fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 31, 2020

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
27. Theatrhythym Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (All Party Members, Feral Chaos Defeated, AI Battle Max Rank)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Beat Hollow Knight in Steel Soul mode (permadeath). Now I need to get 100% in it for another cheevo
edit: got it. :cool:

big deal fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 31, 2020

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

mycophobia posted:

1. Pokemon Shield
2. Dragon Quest XI
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. Yakuza 0
6. Metal Gear Solid
11. Batsugun (Original) - 1CC with Beltiana - video

taht looks cool

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
its pretty great. short, fast-paced, exciting, reasonable difficulty. excellent graphics and amazing music

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

11. Moon. what a wonderful game. I'm on my 2nd playthrough. Gameplay reminds me the most of Chulip

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Everybody's Golf. Pretty well-designed progression (besides the final course not being available until you're done) but the postgame seems kinda gross with having to collect/buy gems for OP clubs or something so I'm just going to play with friends on the weekends.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Control DLC - Foundation. - short and fun detour into the "origins" of the house. More story on The Board, continued story on Marshal and some info on "The Former". Something about Jesse's dialog felt "fan-fic" i dunno but I still loved the poo poo out of this either way.

on to AWE.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
28. Trine (Medium)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Hypnospace Outlaw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Pokemon Shield
2. Dragon Quest XI
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. Yakuza 0
6. Metal Gear Solid
11. Batsugun (Original) - 1CC No Death with Beltiana - video

now im gonna play the Special version which has 4 loops instead of just 1, among lots of other changes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
9.4 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 CaS 1+2 100%

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Death Stranding (Very Hard*)

*turned it up from hard to very hard in chapter 3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Batman: Arkham Knight

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Hollow Knight - Embrace the Void ending.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

b_d posted:

Hollow Knight - Embrace the Void ending.

:cheers:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I had 1 health left at the end, it was ridiculous

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

b_d posted:

I had 1 health left at the end, it was ridiculous

I had to pause during the final climb to put my controller down 'cause my hands were shaking

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Batman: Arkham Knight

the Epic gamer :hai:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen. Every DQ game has been better than the one before it and this one follows the pattern. I liked the characters a lot and the structure of the story where you play a chapter as each protagonist or group of protagonists for the first half of the game and then the hero gathers them all into one big team was a neat twist on the standard RPG story formula—especially when you first take over the hero and he’s a little level 1 noob that has to be carried by the other characters who you leveled up in their chapters.

Excited to jump into 5 but I might wait until tomorrow. I put the series down for months during the 4 months of Yakuza Madness and it feels good to be back

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 6, 2020

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Uncharted Drake’s Fortune - Crushing
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Crushing
3. Ico
4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Crushing:
5. Final Fantasy VIII - I actually ended up liking this game a tonne after putting it on the back burner when I beat Disc 1 and having gotten that far before and dropping it. Once junctioning clicked (imps explained it) it was a lot of fun seeing how to optimise the party. I ended up liking the story and characters a lot too and was pretty invested by the end and even wen to the the trouble of doing all the ultimate weapons and bosses and summons.

I liked the idea of the scaling and junctioning balancing the game but they didn't really in the end any more than just flat levelling did though I like the idea and wish they'd refine it instead of jumping to something new again. XII was like this too imo, neat new system that people yelled at so they switched again.

Also playing it with the new character models is the ideal way to experience these old games again

Definitely up there with X and IX for me. JRPGs ftw

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Suikoden III - really good despite some growing pains from the transition to 3d

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in no particular order for the first half of the years:

nite team 4
batman arkham asylum
spiderman (PS4 game)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Pokemon Shield
2. Dragon Quest XI
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. Yakuza 0
6. Metal Gear Solid
11. Batsugun (Original) - 1CC No Death with Beltiana - video
12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

last time i beat this was around when it came out. still p good

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
[quote="ArfJason" post="506831511"]
1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell.
3) RE2
4) Arcane Dimensions
5) Megaman Zero
6) Doom 2016
7) Freedom Planet
8) Yoku's Island Express 100%
9) JUMPGRID
10?) Slay the Spire:
--a) sword guy
--b) poison lady
11) Katamari Damacy REROLL
12) SUPERHOT
13) lovely planet 2
14) Amid Evil
15) Supraland (100%)

16) Trackmania 2 Stadium Solo Campaign: apparently all my 40 hours of playtime were in online modes, so i decided to give the solo campaign a try and 40 hours later i got all the gold medals and have over half the stages with authors for about 84% solo completion. i feel like i might be reaching my limit soon, but so far, every sitting i knock out about 10 authors. multilap tracks are a nightmare and i think i only got a single author of those

17) GADGET: Invention, Travel & Adventure: interactive prerendered adventure ala myst from the 90s that apparently was a big inspiration for marc laidlaw on the writing of half life, and some stuff seems to be very directly taken from it. calling it an adventure game is probably a misnomer, i guess its some kind of visual novel, theres no puzzles really to speak of, has a minimal story, and theres some surreal happenings all in a retrofuturistic setting.
has that unsettling air that only early 90s cgi renders can manage, coupled with some hilarious moments of clicking open a door only to see an awful render of a dude staring at you completely stiff looking like a dumbass. im gonna try the second game soon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

30. Kingdom Hearts II. The last boss was dope and it looks like there's a metric fuckload of extra bosses to fight now, thank you square. 10x Better in basically every way than 1 except I don't really like how they tied traversal skills to bonus unblockables instead of being part of the story. But a extremely minor complaint.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

30. Kingdom Hearts II. The last boss was dope and it looks like there's a metric fuckload of extra bosses to fight now, thank you square. 10x Better in basically every way than 1 except I don't really like how they tied traversal skills to bonus unblockables instead of being part of the story. But a extremely minor complaint.

When I was 15 I could never beat the final boss lol, both the first two games have such long boss fights with no checkpoints. I just coudn't get the hang of the Riku section and would just smash into every single one of the glass panes and die lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

When I was 15 I could never beat the final boss lol, both the first two games have such long boss fights with no checkpoints. I just coudn't get the hang of the Riku section and would just smash into every single one of the glass panes and die lol

The first time that section started Riku had 1HP and instantly died and I had to do some stretches to calm down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the button mashing finale was pulse pounding excitement on par with the Nuclear Hallway.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KH2 is win. Are you gonna do birth by sleep next?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The final boss of kh2 is awesome. Sora impaling him ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

KH2 is win. Are you gonna do birth by sleep next?

I'm playing them all in release order so next is the DS games (re:coded and 358/2, which I was annoyed to find are just videos in the ps4 bundle)