Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

pete saying he'd not be gay if he could on live tv in front of his husband

maybe that was the big move to try and get the doomer vote

"vote for me, i hate me too"

e: here's a little something for top of the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

God drat it all to hell. You'd think they could at least get some colour on that dry piece of chop if it's such a point of pride for them.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
lol if you think Pete would get close to anything less pale than he is

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

former glory posted:

God drat it all to hell. You'd think they could at least get some colour on that dry piece of chop if it's such a point of pride for them.

it looks like fast food "grilled" chicken before it gets defrosted

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

former glory posted:

"Oh hey Mr. Politician, if you want to appeal to our bumfuck piece of nowhere, you've gotta pretend to enjoy this awful local delicacy we only eat every 4 years"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's be a fun troll to make a random state have a rule that it must have an earlier primary than Iowa

Also did Iowa ever release good primary numbers?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

that’s never gonna make me laugh, unlike just thinking about Pete Buttigieg’s disgusting conservatism and ambition

I really wonder why he thought he couldn’t get farther as a log cabin republican

because the cia is running dem candidates nowadays.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

moist turtleneck posted:

It's be a fun troll to make a random state have a rule that it must have an earlier primary than Iowa

Also did Iowa ever release good primary numbers?

The Iowa DNC will fight tooth and nail because being first makes loads of money for them

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

El_Elegante posted:

that’s never gonna make me laugh, unlike just thinking about Pete Buttigieg’s disgusting conservatism and ambition

I really wonder why he thought he couldn’t get farther as a log cabin republican

if he had an ounce of charisma he'd probably have the nomination right now and would just cruise to victory in november, but alas, the pasty sweaty nerd is who he is, and in that way, he never sold out, being the same dweeb on the inside no matter what nonexistent principles he tied himself to

MikeCrotch posted:

The Iowa DNC will fight tooth and nail because being first makes loads of money for them

yeah they actively blackmail anyone who tries to go before them and their and NH's laws dictate that if someone tries to schedule an earlier primary then they HAVE to schedule their primary even earlier

it's loving stupid and another sign of the rot in politics that there isn't just one national primary on a single day; it just feeds dumb horserace poo poo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

if he had an ounce of charisma he'd probably have the nomination right now and would just cruise to victory in november, but alas, the pasty sweaty nerd is who he is, and in that way, he never sold out, being the same dweeb on the inside no matter what nonexistent principles he tied himself to

yeah they actively blackmail anyone who tries to go before them and their and NH's laws dictate that if someone tries to schedule an earlier primary then they HAVE to schedule their primary even earlier

it's loving stupid and another sign of the rot in politics that there isn't just one national primary on a single day; it just feeds dumb horserace poo poo

wait so how are IA and NH just not locked in an eternal battle of MMDD = (MMDD - 1) every cycle?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
This year's caucus was such a shitshow that its likely Iowa will get pushed back (or have its delegates removed if the state dnc refuses). I've seen articles talking about how this will literally cripple chunks of the Iowan economy, which is legit hilarious to me.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Personally I like having an extremely dumb, cynical state be the first primary. The only solution that would be an improvement would be having it rotate between other dumb, cynical states.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Marx Was A Lib posted:

wait so how are IA and NH just not locked in an eternal battle of MMDD = (MMDD - 1) every cycle?

Isn't it that they agreed that Iowa was the first CAUCUS and NH was the first PRIMARY specifically to avoid this? I think thats a thing.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Tulip posted:

Personally I like having an extremely dumb, cynical state be the first primary. The only solution that would be an improvement would be having it rotate between other dumb, cynical states.

Rhode Island first would own and be hilarious

...no, not Long Island.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Marx Was A Lib posted:

it looks like fast food "grilled" chicken before it gets defrosted

it's a pork chop on a stick. one of those "just Iowa things."

i enjoy how Pete eats things like he's having to tear out the jugular vein of a prey animal.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kitfox88 posted:

the hilarious fan fiction the gop folks were trotting our during :shillary:‘s Benghazi deposition were pretty fun

The origin story of viletat?

StashAugustine posted:

pete saying he'd not be gay if he could on live tv in front of his husband

Hahaha no way

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

Thank you for bringing this to my attention for the first time.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that's whiskey he's knocking back btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhD3fFK3C9U

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lmao

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Was it Arkane who was the one person on earth Horny for Huntsman back in 2012

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
what happens if a vegetarian becomes a nominee and they have one of these photo ops?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

britishbornandbread posted:

what happens if a vegetarian becomes a nominee and they have one of these photo ops?

bold of you to presume someone with conviction would make it that far

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Alex Jones had this to say about the iowa soy corn dog conspiracy:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

britishbornandbread posted:

I'm struggling to recall the exact quote but some LFer said more or less "we're going to get a gay-married atheist on the republican ticket before we get a vegetarian as a major presidential candidate"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
any person ambitious enough to run for president is going to throw their moral convictions about animal rights into the trash straight away. yessir I will eat that dead hog and i will like it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

We've somehow had two teetotaler presidents already this century so anything is possible.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Isn't Cory Booker vegetarian? I mean no one gave a poo poo but he did run

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

StashAugustine posted:

Isn't Cory Booker vegetarian? I mean no one gave a poo poo but he did run

Thank you for reminding me of this moron and the fact that he has two extremely goony personality traits: mentioning his girlfriend and repeating the same lovely joke for years.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'd like to see HIS hair in a blizzard!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

I'd like to see how HIS hair would fare... in a blizzard!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mantis42 posted:

We've somehow had two teetotaler presidents already this century so anything is possible.

Don't buy the hype. Trump is from the era of "diet pills"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Mantis42 posted:

Bush was a dry drunk and is most definitely off the wagon now, and fell off at least once during the presidency

Trump does not drink alcohol but he does literally have a desk full of sudafed. Also I imagine it was cocaine use as opposed to degenerative syphilis that rotted his once lucid mind.

They did a decent job of never showing Obama smoking a cigarette. As far as I am aware, the Gates beer is the only one he’s ever drank. Also just remembered that Biden had a nonalcoholic shandy or some bullshit for that meeting, lol

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I could see how having an addicted failson in a constant death spiral might lessen one’s thirst

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
lol Don doesn’t give a poo poo about Don Jr

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Trump has basically every terrible health habit a rich person can have other than smoking and booze, and apparently this is going to cause him to live forever.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Get rid of the Iowa fair garbage meat eating and get the candidates in some kind of booze festival. I want those fuckers sloshed on camera before anyone votes.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tulip posted:

Trump has basically every terrible health habit a rich person can have other than smoking and booze, and apparently this is going to cause him to live forever.

I think ultimately those two alone are enough to tack on 10 years to his life over most people.

The rest is just luck and genetics that his heart hasn't seized.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

lol Don doesn’t give a poo poo about Don Jr

wrong family I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

the krassenstein brothers + their book with ripped, shirtless robert mueller