Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Yesterday I got an invite to participate in a nationwide research project on uterine cancer, and in participating I need to get a pap smear which reminded me I hadn't had one in at least ten years. So remember to get a pap smear if your insurance allows it.

Just to be clear I don't have cancer, this is something everyoe with a uterus gets between the ages of 30 and 60 in The Netherlands, but it served as a reminder for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
My cramps will not stop and I'm not even bleeding yet, gently caress this. My last period was short and light so that means this one is going to be a bitch.

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018
I think it is very dumb and bad that the time my boobs look the best is when I’m about to have my period and they hurt.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Doctor Faustine posted:

I think it is very dumb and bad that the time my boobs look the best is when I’m about to have my period and they hurt.

THISSSSSS I always take the best cups runneth over pics for my boyfriend during that time, it is the only silver lining to feeling like my tits are full of goathead burrs

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pyrtanis posted:

THISSSSSS I always take the best cups runneth over pics

Stealing

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo lol.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike posted:

My last two periods lasted for a little over a month each.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Alright, the seven normal days of perioding are over -- here come the near-infinite days of spotting, hooraaaayyy.

My period actually ended normally. I don't know why, but I'm not questioning it. Yay for sleeping without underwear!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I have spent the day being one nm off from the rest of the universe, which means closing a door on my finger, banging into a door frame, and bumping into everything.
That is one symptom I used to have the day before/of my period and I'm hoping this is regular clumsiness instead.

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018
Started my period yesterday and I have a two and a half hour belly dance workshop today. What I’m saying is I’m braver than the troops.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Doctor Faustine posted:

Started my period yesterday and I have a two and a half hour belly dance workshop today. What I’m saying is I’m braver than the troops.

:patriot:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Faustine posted:

Tbh nothing should get between someone and their belly dancing.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Doctor Faustine posted:

:ohdear: I hope the endorphins from the exercise offset some of the hell

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I get that thing where you get a really specific, sharp pain in an ovary on the day I'm ovulating, which is uncomfortable but also it's kind of useful to know so exactly when it's happening. I also get insanely tired in the days just before my period starts, and generally feel much better when it does kick off.
I knew the bastard was due to start yesterday/today and every time I went to the loo yesterday, I was hopefully checking to see if it was here, but no :( Finally showed up today and yeah, I do feel a bit better already :unsmith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cannot stop hearing the song "wave of mutilation" but with the lyrics "tube of menstruation" due to this thread and I need help someone, please.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Pookah posted:

I also get insanely tired in the days just before my period starts

I wish society catered to our needs and we had days off to cope with the fatigue and discomfort and pain.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I wish society catered to our needs and we had days off to cope with the fatigue and discomfort and pain.

That'd be heavenly. Honestly, I'd nearly settle for just being able to mention this kind of thing in ordinary circumstances and for it to be no big deal, like about as controversial as saying you have a headache; not a cue for either embarrassed coughs or 'hurr hurr women and their CRAZY hormones'-style joking.
I know I'm pretty lucky, so far I don't get much pain and they are very regular, but yeah, still fuckin tedious to deal with.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Barudak posted:

I cannot stop hearing the song "wave of mutilation" but with the lyrics "tube of menstruation" due to this thread and I need help someone, please.

There is no help here. Only BLOOD!!!!!!

:killing::killing::killing:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Blew my nose with a Kotex, brushed my teeth with vagisil.
My hair of the dog cocktail, was vinegar of masingil.
Who’s bathroom am I in anyways?
Crushin up midols, poo poo don’t hit like it used to.

:slick:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

A new book on old texts written in Irish reveals some great words for menstruation:

quote:

What we have managed to divine from the very few existing texts is that “sex in Irish was dealt with in a less prudish and more honourable way than other cultures. For example, menstrual blood was bláthscaoileadh (bloom release) or bláthdhortadh (bloom shedding). An t-ádh dearg (the red luck) was also used, as was tá brúdáin orm (I’m being crushed)” – phrases that strike me as far more useful and body positive than the coy, American “Aunty Flo is visiting” many of us grew up with.

Gonna start using tá brúdáin orm (I’m being crushed)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I really love "I'm being crushed"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Youse want some pronunciation guidelines?? I'm no gaelgeoir but I can get the basics down

tá brúdáin orm = taw broodaawn orrum

An t-ádh dearg = On taaw dyaragh

also bláth means flower/bloom generally

Also my brother just pointed out something very different about the way Irish handles emotional states vs. english. In english you say "I am sad", so you are your emotional state, in irish you say "Tá brón orm" or, "the sadness is upon me" - so sadness is external to you as a person, its something that happen to you. As far as I can remember all emotional states are expressed in the same way in irish. They are all things that happen to you.

edit: Just wanted to point out that the granny of the expert referred to in the article was Sighle Humphreys - Sighle is pronounced "Sheila". From an Anglo perspective, Irish is very odd.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 30, 2020

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

hate gettin' those ovulation pains. Every middle of the cycle I'm like OH NO WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME but it's just my ovaries popping out a big one

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Skratte posted:

hate gettin' those ovulation pains. Every middle of the cycle I'm like OH NO WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME but it's just my ovaries popping out a big one

YES it's like something is getting ready to pop and then BAM, it pops and the pain is gone. Only one of my ovaries is fussy though - every second month the right one gets all stabby, the left never causes a fuss when it is its turn.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I realize that my OP on this thread is a marker for my period which means COMING SOON TO A WITCH NEAR YOU

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Today I popped out a clot the size of a grape, I was both proud and disgusted with myself.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

CherryCat posted:

Today I popped out a clot the size of a grape, I was both proud and disgusted with myself.

Well they don't call you cherry cat for no reason.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
i'm so fuckin irregular the clue app has no idea how to handle it. not a drat clue. hah. i don't really even get any reliable tells beforehand. Sometimes a week or two before I'll get weirdly...not exactly overemotional, but any kind of minor negative thing will provoke tears. I feel minor annoyance or disappointment but outwardly I look like my dog just died and I can't fuckin' stop it and I hate it so much.
other than that I'm drat lucky though, no real symptoms during the thing itself and they're never that long.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
from PYF comic:

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Something to lighten the mood for all us poor saps who are bleeding right now.

From the Cooking Cockups thread

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pinus Porcus posted:

:stonklol:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pinus Porcus posted:

If it's using menstrual blood then can it really be called a cockup?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Pinus Porcus posted:

I suspect the actual post is fake but it did make me chuckle.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Yeah blood doesn't dry or cook to that color lol, I would expect a period cake to be a lot more brown, maybe like a nice red velvet

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I made jam on the weekend and when I was straining the pulp it looked exactly like those big gross sticky clots that sometimes come out

Would go well with a nice menstrual pancake. Maybe someone should open a period themed restaurant

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Maybe someone should open a period themed restaurant

And people think men are gross.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I made jam on the weekend and when I was straining the pulp it looked exactly like those big gross sticky clots that sometimes come out

Would go well with a nice menstrual pancake. Maybe someone should open a period themed restaurant

What percent of the patrons are there because its their fetish

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
i hear there is great cervix at Aunt Flo's. try the eggs!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

One milkshake please, make it with raw milk and raw menstrual blood. Shaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Waterbed Wendy posted:

i hear there is great cervix at Aunt Flo's. try the eggs!

:lol::rimshot::lol:

Period themed vaudeville act.