Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macaluso posted:

The Simps still on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlD0AbDYGU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Macaluso posted:

The Simps still on

Simp/Cuck ended in 2010

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

well... good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
September Games Chat: Rent's due. Somehow we still have landlords?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol the game industry is such a dumpster fire this year. Between this, and the news about how Sony is handling PS5 pre-orders (it's a lottery system now), I am just not excited for anything except maybe still Cyberpunk 2077.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
September Game Chat: Re-Reckoning

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t “simp” just a 2020 “cuck”?

no, thats "cuck" y ou are thinking of simp which is 2020s simp

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im simp

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this can't be too pleasing to the residents of Simpicucksett, Rhode Island

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

im simp

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

really beautiful watching our language evolve

we have words like simp and poggers now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

let me lay it out here for you all

cuck: fail word. ugly sounding and to say feels bad in t he mouth. not funny at all. just a bad word. breaks any sentence its in with its unpleasant double plosives.

simp: feels good to say, pleasing in mouth area. leaves palatable after taste on tongue. funny word, works well in place of other words due to smooth timbral structure. meaing of the word is cool, makes it fun to say "help im simping" and things like this.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:chloe:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
stux the simp simp

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

simp: feels good to say, pleasing in mouth area. leaves palatable after taste on tongue. funny word, works well in place of other words due to smooth timbral structure. meaing of the word is cool, makes it fun to say "help im simping" and things like this.

I believe this is also the rationale for the title "trimps"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I believe this is also the rationale for the title "trimps"

Googling this just redirects to "Trump"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

shoutouts to simp

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You know, based on the Apex Legends thread I think I'm probably one of the younger people here, so I kind of know what The Kids are into, but I absolutely have no clue how we've reached a point in human society where such a huge percentage of the population has invested themselves in the process of donating money to someone so they will say your name out loud once a month.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

read marx, op

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You know, based on the Apex Legends thread I think I'm probably one of the younger people here, so I kind of know what The Kids are into, but I absolutely have no clue how we've reached a point in human society where such a huge percentage of the population has invested themselves in the process of donating money to someone so they will say your name out loud once a month.

findom is a pretty easy gig if you can get it, and a lot of people are lonely

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I will be the ultimate findom. Give me your money and I won't respond to or notice you.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

homeless snail posted:

read marx, op

i simp spicy karl

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I had to take a Media Literacy course last semester and we watched a documentary about Advertising. It was full of like the late 80s early 90s commercials that were hyper-sexed up to a comical degree. The guy narrating said "They're only going to amp things up, the commercials will only get more and more explicit. And that's because corporations can't give people what they really want, they can't give you companionship, or friendship, so they have to appeal to you on this totally surface level." And I thought it was funny how wrong he ended up being where now basically every corporation is trying to monetize friendship and attention. Everyone's got one of those Corporate Millenial Twitter Accounts that do the epic clap backs and trash talk other brands and all that poo poo, or you've got Twitch and Youtube and the Vtubers who are just outright trying to make people pay for the facade of friendship.

We also watched a totally different documentary about kids who follow influencers love brands, and when asked, had absolutely no idea what the term "selling out" even meant and thought it was way cool when Taco Bell paid some youtuber money to make a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaos4a_4ZQc

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 31, 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

A flagship console IP ladies and gentlemen.

Imagine what kind of terrible game would have Monster energy drink marketing- oh.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Imagine what kind of terrible game would have Monster energy drink marketing- oh.

Silent Hill 2: James has just finished watching a videotape. Laura runs into the room and starts hitting him. "You're a monster, James", she shouts.

James calmly pushes her away and reaches for a refreshing MonsterTM energy drink, before pulling off a sick headshot on pyramid head and levelling up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Convex posted:

Silent Hill 2: James has just finished watching a videotape. Laura runs into the room and starts hitting him. "You're a monster, James", she shouts.

James calmly pushes her away and reaches for a refreshing MonsterTM energy drink, before pulling off a sick headshot on pyramid head and levelling up

Silent Hill 3: Those cans look like Monster to you...?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Convex posted:

Or instead of this just Death Stranding.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

smh, Silent Hill 2 would be easy, you literally shove a 12-pack of juice down a trash chute in that game

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Or instead of this just Death Stranding.

yes but i thought i would make a joke

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I simp for Stux.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
product placement is good in death stranding because it's funny and i like the game, it's bad in halo because halo isn't good
thanks for reading

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I will say that one of the games that is receiving Monster Energy Product Placement is a sci-fi story that is meant to be taken seriously and has 20+ books written about its military backstory and the other one is a game where you drink the Monster Energy and it powers up a piss meter so you can do a peepee real good and that makes grenades that you can throw at ghosts

God Death Stranding was loving cool

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sam "death stranding" bridges has a magic canteen that turns water into monster energy drink, and if he drinks enough of it he gets drunk on monster

john halo will get a piece of green armor with an M on it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

product placement is good in death stranding because it's funny and i like the game, it's bad in halo because halo isn't good
thanks for reading

I'm glad someone is honest about it at least.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It was very funny when FF7R Part 1 sold dlc with candy and people online were buying the candy off each other with the intent of not eating it.

Gaming is cool.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the soap shoes tie in in sonic adventure 2 is the best product placement of all time

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

homeless snail posted:

sam "death stranding" bridges has a magic canteen that turns water into monster energy drink, and if he drinks enough of it he gets drunk on monster

john halo will get a piece of green armor with an M on it

Also in Death Stranding you can do a quest to level up the drink from Monster to Porter!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Everything I hear about Death Stranding that isn't "Die-Hardman" makes it sound shittier and shittier

e:

quote:

Also in Death Stranding you can do a quest to level up the drink from Monster to Porter!

Never mind this is good too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Consumerism rules. Remember to use your consumables, gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I tried to look at Norman Reedus's gonards and he punched me