Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Evil Fluffy posted:

SoR4 and RCG seem like fine beat 'em ups but we need the Scott Pilgrim game on modern consoles.

The world needs someone to do a good sequel to that Simpsons beat 'em up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Len posted:

This, if it didn't have videogame historians upset that it couldn't be bought it would be a shovelware game everyone forgot about.

Ubisoft has been hinting lately that they may republish it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I picked up moon due to all the hype and so far I've just randomly died twice just by walking around and I'm so confused...

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Sterf posted:

In Hypnospace Outlaw I got a white screen after logging in after the mindcrash, had to restart the game just to get past it but there is nothing to do, I think I was supposed to get an email or something? Am I missing something?

Nope, it's a new bug. We've fixed it internally and are including the fix in the next patch.

There is a way to progress maybe, but you have to access the console by plugging in a keyboard and holding D+E+B during the title screen. You can then press tilde to access the console in the game.

I'm about to sleep now (Germany) but if you join our Discord at discord.gg/hypnospace perhaps TetroniMike there can help you with which script to type to trigger the emails. He's the coder.

Edit: here are his instructions

TetroniMike posted:

Instructions for possibly fixing that issue on console (same for PC but you'll already have a keyboard plugged in :P)

1) Plug in your USB keyboard into your console
2) Completely quit, then restart Hypnospace
3) During the text boot-up sequence after our logos, hold D and E keys, then press B
4) You should see "Debug Mode" at bottom-right
5) Load up your save file where the issue happened, wait until you see your HypnOS desktop
6) Press the tilde key (or ` or § depending on your keyboard)
7) HOPEFULLY the console appeared at the top of your screen
8) Type the following, case sensitive:
signal:ChapterInitGO
9) Hit Enter/Return

If you get the emails for that chapter, then it worked!! If not, I have more digging to do.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 31, 2020

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Dunno if you've ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games, but that's them in a nutshell.

I have but I vastly prefer the gameplay of Souls/Dogma/Zelda over the clunky weirdness of Elder Scrolls.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So was the tease this morning about it being Mario Monday lead to anything? Fake news?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Cartoon Man posted:

So was the tease this morning about it being Mario Monday lead to anything? Fake news?
What do you think?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How is No Straight Roads ?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mario Allstars 2 is fake leakerbait until proven otherwise

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Len posted:

This, if it didn't have videogame historians upset that it couldn't be bought it would be a shovelware game everyone forgot about.

bad opinion, ten lashes

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

American McGay posted:

My favorite Spawn Wave thing was from E3 last year when there was a rumor going around that someone saw Miyamoto backstage before the Microsoft conference and that he was gonna be there to announce xCloud on Switch. During his livestream before the Microsoft conference he said his "sources" confirmed something to him and he wasn't going to say what it was but that you'd be blown away by it (he does this all the time, is never specific with predictions just gives vague statements). Anyway, the Microsoft presser came and went and obviously Shiggy wasn't there and he just quietly ended the livestream with no reference to his earlier prediction and then deleted the VOD lol.

you'd be shocked and surprised how little effort it takes to have people take something as legitimate. a lot of the grinch leak "official sources confirm this" were just random accounts that message people on twitter and were like "haha yeah the grinch is in the game, lol sakurai is so mad he punched a staff member in a fit of rage, this is all real :0" and people ran with it screaming to the rooftops.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I picked up moon due to all the hype and so far I've just randomly died twice just by walking around and I'm so confused...

You're running out of Love because you have very little of it at the start. Once you get rolling it becomes much less of an issue but a quick go to is to go from Gramby's house to Castle Town, head west to the Tavern to meet the HERO, then I believe you can go south to see the HERO kill a monster and you get the Love tutorial on how to save souls for love. You can save a bunch of animals from from the get go and go from half a day to a full day's Love.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

fit em all up in there posted:

How is No Straight Roads ?

I read a couple of reviews and a lot of it seems to be all style no substance in a way. Like boss battles seem to be avoid attacks, mostly stand here, have a turret damage the boss for you.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Seconding the request for Scott Pilgrim to be re-released. It was great when I played it on the 360 but I'd love to have it on the Switch.

Wildtortilla posted:

Congrats on the Ring Fit, but I'm really posting to compliment your gif selection + avatar combo. Outstanding work.

Thanks, I usually have my avatars for so long I totally forget / take for granted what they are.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

bad opinion, ten lashes

Nah it was straight up okay at best

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

I read a couple of reviews and a lot of it seems to be all style no substance in a way. Like boss battles seem to be avoid attacks, mostly stand here, have a turret damage the boss for you.

That's not entirely right.

It's pretty much designed to be a series of boss fights with optional harder versions of the fights being unlocked at the first playthrough. The easiest version of the fight can be beaten by doing turret damage but that's not actually the most effective way to play. Instead you're supposed to be looking for opportunities to parry attacks back at the boss which does a lot more damage, with the eventual goal being getting the highest ranking on each boss fight. The time difference between parrying and not parrying is usually fairly drat significant and on harder modes it is almost essential. (There's one variation which makes it so parrying is the only way to hurt bosses for example.)

That said it is literally nothing but a series of boss fights with multiple difficulty modes and a lame in-between hub area. The boss fights themselves aren't too bad if you're engaging with all the mechanics but if you don't care about scores then it's trivial to just chip them down. Basically it's only a game for people who like score attacks.

Also the ending of the story is super gross. You spend the entire game trying to take down the evil corporation who has homogenized music but it turns out that you were bad for fighting them because you were mean so it ends with you restoring all the corporate people to power with the promise that they will be less homogenized. It turns out the only problem with large corporate monopolies is that they don't exploit everyone equally.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Why don't we all just ignore supposed leaks entirely? Even in the absolute best case scenario (the leaker being right), the game won't come out any sooner. And in most cases, it just makes people pine for things that aren't going to come out (while generating clicks for people who make things up). And there are a ton of games on Switch, so it's not like we're lacking in things to play.

On that topic, what is the "mood" of Hyper Light Drifter like? I think the gameplay looks really neat, but the story seems somber and melancholy, and I'm not sure I want to play a game like that right now. If that's the case, can anyone recommend a good adventure or Metroidvania game that's a bit more upbeat?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Wildtortilla posted:

I have but I vastly prefer the gameplay of Souls/Dogma/Zelda over the clunky weirdness of Elder Scrolls.

Just to warn you, there’s only a few dungeons, but they’re fairly long, and I haven’t finished the DLC’s content but it seems like it’s also long. Joseph Anderson in his review said it took him 20 hours to beat it but I have like 100+ hours in it, and that’s basically just doing the quests and exploring and beating the game once, not including the DLC.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I mean it is pretty much over at that point, there's two more dungeons and one of them is really short
"Pretty much over"? That was like 5 hours ago and I just started yet another "final" dungeon, after a boss fight that literally happened inside the giant god's heart, but turned out to be relatively inconsequential.

I heard that there's some kind of post-game story to this, how long is that? I might not be interested.

Edit: like 10 hours ago I turned the difficulty down to casual and just started blowing past enemies, but now the level gap between me and the current enemies has gotten so big that it's become challenging again, so I guess I'm going to have to grind a little bit more after all. Holy poo poo I hate that part of the game.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 1, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DorianGravy posted:

Why don't we all just ignore supposed leaks entirely?

lol good luck with that. The social animal wants gossip, rumors, and speculation.

Hyperlight always strikes me as melancholy.

If you want (kinda sorta) upbeat, there's Ghost 1.0, but I can't recommend the actual game part.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 1, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

DorianGravy posted:

Why don't we all just ignore supposed leaks entirely?
But then what would I post about?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same but also with River City Girls. Streets of Rage 4 is much better than both imo.

Speaking of, my copy from Limited Run Games finally arrived.

They really nailed the grimy feel of the Genesis box plastic.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Thread moves fast, but is there any early feelings on Windbound?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im the social animal

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Spiteski posted:

Thread moves fast, but is there any early feelings on Windbound?

almost universally negative, hearing everything from unsatisfying crafting mechanics to lack of overarching goal to finicky controls to loads and loads of bugs

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

almost universally negative, hearing everything from unsatisfying crafting mechanics to lack of overarching goal to finicky controls to loads and loads of bugs

That's disappointing. I guess I'll hold off for now then.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Speaking of, my copy from Limited Run Games finally arrived.

They really nailed the grimy feel of the Genesis box plastic.

That rules. I want one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Samurai Sanders posted:

"Pretty much over"? That was like 5 hours ago and I just started yet another "final" dungeon, after a boss fight that literally happened inside the giant god's heart, but turned out to be relatively inconsequential.

I heard that there's some kind of post-game story to this, how long is that? I might not be interested.

Edit: like 10 hours ago I turned the difficulty down to casual and just started blowing past enemies, but now the level gap between me and the current enemies has gotten so big that it's become challenging again, so I guess I'm going to have to grind a little bit more after all. Holy poo poo I hate that part of the game.

The post game is like 15 hours, 20 max

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Gaspy Conana posted:

Big HUD mode...

Thanks! I didn’t even think about touch controls, sounds perfect. Sold.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh did you guys not get the notifications for the secret Direct? Shame. Some good looking stuff. Metroid Prime 4 looks pretty neat, very surprised in the direction they took. And looks like a Paper Mario that's an actual RPG is finally coming, too!

Super Mario Sunshine 2.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the Mother HD collection looks neat too

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

And F-Zero Rammers! It looks even better than I dreamed.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the weirdest part was when they announced "mario's dick" and just showed mario with a big swinging ding dong for a good minute or so. I don't think it's even a game?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

b_d posted:

the weirdest part was when they announced "mario's dick" and just showed mario with a big swinging ding dong for a good minute or so. I don't think it's even a game?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/867932399534882816

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

b_d posted:

Strange having all the background music just completely cut out, with absolutely no commentary as well.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

b_d posted:

I think it's the new eShop interface; I dunno if you noticed, but the frame around the screen was that exact shade of orange.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
edit: god drat it was just a discount

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 1, 2020

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Anyone know how civ 6 runs on handheld? Does it get sluggish in the late game?
How does it control compared to PC?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

mirror123 posted:

Anyone know how civ 6 runs on handheld? Does it get sluggish in the late game?
How does it control compared to PC?

Wondering this too since I see its $15 at some places right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Late game chugs quite a bit in both handheld and docked, but my experience with every civ since 4 has been exclusively on low spec laptops so I'm used to that exact kind of jank, and tbh it goes to hell so gradually that I barely notice it happening. It never gets anywhere close to unplayable tho. It's a good port and I've clocked like 150 hours with it