Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
anyone know wtf this is alluding to?

https://twitter.com/BenjaminBirdie/status/1300569381471219713

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Toad #1

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

nm, apparently it was some lame joke about Juggernaut #1 being included there even though it's not officially a DoX book

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

Listen, if we can't constantly remind a girl about her one big failure in life and prevent or walk back any character progress from it, can we really say we're cape comic book fans?

Maybe she can hook up with Hank Pym so the entire Marvel Universe can have one joint punching bag.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

TwoPair posted:

Maybe she can hook up with Hank Pym so the entire Marvel Universe can have one joint punching bag.

Maybe Pym and "punching bag" are a bad combo, especially when talking about another woman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Pym still dead?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He is if I have anything to say about it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Is Pym still dead?

Yeah, after Rage of Ultron.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Dan Didio posted:

He is if I have anything to say about it.

Name and comment are perfect.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I should probably change that at some point, 2009 was a simpler time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

danbanana posted:

Maybe Pym and "punching bag" are a bad combo, especially when talking about another woman.

:drat: well played, sir

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
From today's Cable:

Between this and the cheesesteak I'm on board for a "Culinary Adventures of Cyclops" spinoff.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
new mutants was kind of a wet fart.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Pretty lame issue of New Mutants, but Cable is still a lot of fun.

Might need a gif of Emma keeping her eyes on Cable.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm not the only one who thought there was some implication here that Cable isn't actually dead, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gologle posted:

I'm not the only one who thought there was some implication here that Cable isn't actually dead, right?

Of course he's not dead, you saw him eating dinner with his family at the end of the issue.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
We will likely see old man cable again, but he'll be old man this guy, unless current cable is Smythe.

Or regular old man Cable is on the resurrection list somewhere due to complicated rules on the handling of resurrection of time displaced alternates. They might get a lower priority if a 'current' version is around. Has young Cable died? Maybe they'll alternate versions.

I love a good ridiculous scenario for policy discussion.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 3, 2020

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Open Marriage Night posted:

Pretty lame issue of New Mutants, but Cable is still a lot of fun.

Young Cable pulling a Bill and Ted to get himself out of his space knight conundrum was great. And very timely too with the new Bill and Ted movie out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"We need to revive Cable."
"Which one?"
"Uh..."
"I mean do you mean the old one, the young one, the one that's technically from an alternate dimension..."
"Alternate dimension?"
"Oh yeah, Age of Apocalypse, real mess. Oh, or do you want the one that's actually Wolverine?"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I remember back when Cable was this guy, even though he looks younger than Cable.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

New Mutants rules, Glob rules, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I can’t be the only person mostly enjoying HiXmen who’s pretty cold on X of Swords, right? From everything I’ve seen, it’s primarily following up on Arakko and the Otherworld poo poo from Excalibur, neither of which are anywhere near the top of my list of most intriguing plot threads of the DoX era. Oh well, maybe Creation will change my mind, idk.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It hasn't started yet, so I don't think most people have much of an opinion on the actual story.

Just exhaustion looking at the checklist of 22 tie-ins.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Roth posted:

It hasn't started yet, so I don't think most people have much of an opinion on the actual story.

Alternatively, there are 3 additional books for the X line.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Harold Fjord posted:

We will likely see old man cable again, but he'll be old man this guy, unless current cable is Smythe.

Did you mean Stryfe, or is there actually another guy I’ve never heard of who also looks like Cable and is called Smythe?*

*completely possible that is in fact true given the Xmen

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Harold Fjord posted:

nah kid cable already fought his stryfe in ed brissons x-force that was pre-HoXPoX

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Abroham Lincoln posted:

New Mutants rules, Glob rules, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Roth posted:

those aren't tie-ins, those are (at least ostensibly) chapters in the event proper

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

nemesis_hub posted:

Did you mean Stryfe, or is there actually another guy I’ve never heard of who also looks like Cable and is called Smythe?*

*completely possible that is in fact true given the Xmen

Yeah him. Smythe is the spiderslayer guy. Mybad.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Harold Fjord posted:

Yeah him. Smythe is the spiderslayer guy. Mybad.

Smythe is also a former SA admin so I thought there was some horrific new goon scandal to catch up on.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I really really liked the part in New Mutants where Glob genuflects upon his past. It's a great callback to his actions during the Riot at Xavier's arc in Morrison's run that I never would have thought would happen.

However, the part where the righteous mutants walked into Bigot Caricatures HQ and gave a big long on-camera lecture against the bigots about why they're wrong was...well, unfortunately as awkward as every other time this has ever happened, which is a lot. The only thing that should realistically have happened is that the bigots roll their eyes at Magik and then release a doctored clip of the footage to the world that only shows her waving a sword in his face and nothing else.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Magik busts down the door of the Something Awful server room. "At last, you're gonna get what's coming to you"

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Gologle posted:

Magik busts down the door of the Something Awful server room. "At last, you're gonna get what's coming to you"

Magik for admin

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

Magik for admin

It only feels like you've been probated for 10,000 hours because she also transports you to limbo. It was really just a sixer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It only feels like you've been probated for 10,000 hours because she also transports you to limbo. It was really just a sixer.

I mean if the choice is Limbo or staying in this reality I will shitpost my heart out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I remember back when Cable was this guy, even though he looks younger than Cable.

I remember when Cable was just the secret identity of The Wild Man of Borneo.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I had no idea what that line meant when Cable said it in the 90s cartoon, but I thought it sounded insanely badass anyway.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

...See you around

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

nemesis_hub posted:

I had no idea what that line meant when Cable said it in the 90s cartoon, but I thought it sounded insanely badass anyway.

I'd be surprised if anyone did, apparently it was a movie in the '30s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If anyone here ordered the new Haslabs Sentinel, I better see a picture reenacting “It appears to be the ace of spades.”

Also, I just finished the Brood Saga in Uncanny X-Men, and it was really good and really weird with the space whale spirits. After that I read Annual #5, and the ending with Wolverine staking (I already forgot her name) Van Helsing was really good, especially for the time