Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

DUSK: the shotgun reload animation is the terminator 2 flip and I am in LOVE :swoon:

note: press R to twirl your gun's

this will damage nearby enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I noticed while playing this PGA Tour 2K21 game that the commentators refer to the player with a gender neutral They pronoun quite often, which I thought was pretty smart because they can be inclusive while also making it a lot easier on the people doing the commentary so they don't need to record three different versions of each thing depending on He/She/They. I happened to glance at the Steam forum for the game today to see what the patch notes were for the latest patch and of course, of course the first thread in there is someone talking about how stupid it is that the commentators call him they because he's a man guldurnit and there's only MAN and WOEMAN and nothin' else! It's the steam forums so I'm not surprised but just makes me laugh how upset people get about this that they have to request the devs to, I dunno, record entirely new lines for everything twice?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Black Griffon posted:

Wasteland 3 first impressions: There's a part in the tutorial where you can instakill you entire party by attacking an enemy thus rendering the half an hour you spent on character creation useless as nothing is saved between completing character creation and making that fateful attack five minutes into the turorial.

No? You can save, and it tells you attacking the robot is suicide.

I guess not doing a game start auto save is unhelpful though.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

sebmojo posted:

No? You can save, and it tells you attacking the robot is suicide.

I guess not doing a game start auto save is unhelpful though.

Not that robot! The one in the opening fight.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

MMF Freeway posted:

oh sure its all funny now but when yoko taro makes you replay the first 30 minutes because you got wrecked by the first boss everyone is all "wheres my autosaves :qq:"

loving thank you :respek:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Not that robot! The one in the opening fight.

The one that you just shoot with the cannon? Did you run both of your characters up into melee range with it?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

uber_stoat posted:

that's life in the Wasteland.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ymgve posted:

Isn't the subscription connected to your EA account? You would probably get the full catalog if you log into Origin.

edit: or not.

"Please note: while EA Play is available on multiple platforms your membership is tied to the platform you joined on."

I also thought maybe they'd let people link accounts.

Anyway, you can only get the basic tier on Steam, not Pro (previously Premium), and there's a bunch of games missing that are on Origin's basic tier, like EA's older library and all the indie games. Full list at the bottom of this page.

But.... the Steam version doesn't include Anthem, so maybe that one wins overall?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Iron Harvest launches tomorrow, it's basically Company of Heroes 2 but World War I Steampunk with giant robots? I say this entirely as a compliment, because it is.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Iron Harvest launches tomorrow, it's basically Company of Heroes 2 but World War I Steampunk with giant robots? I say this entirely as a compliment, because it is.

It's CoH except worse in every way. It sucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Det_no posted:

It's CoH except worse in every way. It sucks.

:(

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I know. I was very excited too but nope.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Yeah, the beta felt super loose and not all too great, but it's getting good reviews?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Not during the opening fight (I tried), and like I mentioned it was not the gently caress-you-up robot (I hosed that one up).

oh I didn't realize it was during the opening fight. lol that owns

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

should have picked the skill that makes your dudes not die to robots instead of safecracking smdh

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Thank you for reminding me about the grim dark majesty that is Dawn of War 1. I need to replay it

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm 20 hrs into Wasteland 3 and I kinda love it, but it is really busted and I seem to be running into more problems the deeper I go. Gonna shelve it and come back after it's got a few patches. Huge improvement over WL2 and I really want to stress it has a lot going for it, just maybe hold off a few months.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Another Horizon Zero Dawn patch hit today and it seems to have completely stopped the crashes I was having. If you were waiting for a more stable release to fire it up, now is your time.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm 20 hrs into Wasteland 3 and I kinda love it, but it is really busted and I seem to be running into more problems the deeper I go. Gonna shelve it and come back after it's got a few patches. Huge improvement over WL2 and I really want to stress it has a lot going for it, just maybe hold off a few months.

Yeah, it's much better than Wasteland 2 so far, but that isn't a particularly high bar to clear. The consolidating of skills is a good move, as is removing the progress bar and random chance. The combat was the best part of WL2 and that's true in 3 as well.

I've only had a few minor problems so far - sometimes sub-buttons don't stay visible when I click the parent button (like for the Overwatch/Defend/Save AP stuff), and occasionally I can see mouseover popups on the loading screen (as in, I move my mouse on the loading screen, and a popup will occur when I mouse over where an ability or character is when the loading screen finally goes away). The facial hair options are terrible. But like I said, those are pretty minor. I haven't had any crashes or weird bugs or anything yet, but I'm still pretty early (dealing with some poo poo involving Faran Brygo, who looks basically unchanged from Wasteland, and the game specifically draws attention to this lack of aging when you meet him for the first time).

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Wasteland 3 seems like it'll rule once they release the definitive edition next year

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cinara posted:

The one that you just shoot with the cannon? Did you run both of your characters up into melee range with it?

more liek... Slack Griffon...

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

MMF Freeway posted:

oh sure its all funny now but when yoko taro makes you replay the first 30 minutes because you got wrecked by the first boss everyone is all "wheres my autosaves :qq:"

More like filter boss.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Are the Bravelands games any good? They look like King's Bounty/HoMM style combat with a Newgrounds art style and no real overworld.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

sebmojo posted:

more liek... Slack Griffon...

you mother fucker....

also they weren't in melee range because my queer post-apoc power couple Harm and Trouble are using guns like any sensible person would. game is cool

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Black Griffon posted:

you mother fucker....

also they weren't in melee range because my queer post-apoc power couple Harm and Trouble are using guns like any sensible person would. game is cool

I have heavy machine gun chick and she basically zotted it in one shot. So far it's p decent, good voice acting, hilariously ott gore, competent turn based shooting.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Are the Bravelands games any good? They look like King's Bounty/HoMM style combat with a Newgrounds art style and no real overworld.

Well, you nailed what they are. The original trilogy is fun, yeah. Reception of the new, free to play Braveland Heroes is not so great.

Source: I've completed the entire original trilogy but never touched Braveland Heroes.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The very cool lightweight roguelike Golden Krone Hotel got a major update today despite earlier statements of it no longer being updated while also being 70% off at the moment, I can recommend it for anyone looking for a roguelike that's easy to pick up while still rewarding playing smart.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning releases in a week, has there been any info on what "refined gameplay" entails? I just hope they fix how doing any side quests or crafting makes the game too easy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Baller Time posted:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning releases in a week, has there been any info on what "refined gameplay" entails? I just hope they fix how doing any side quests or crafting makes the game too easy.

Almost none! I'd let someone else find out, honestly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kanfy posted:

The very cool lightweight roguelike Golden Krone Hotel got a major update today despite earlier statements of it no longer being updated while also being 70% off at the moment, I can recommend it for anyone looking for a roguelike that's easy to pick up while still rewarding playing smart.

Nice this looks pretty nifty for $2.99.

Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Boy, Hypnospace Outlaw is...kinda dull, isn’t it? I know it’s a comedy game and from what I’ve seen it gets pretty funny eventually but I played it for an hour or so last night and unless you count 90’s web design as a joke, there just weren’t any.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

turn on your monitor

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Orv posted:

Almost none! I'd let someone else find out, honestly.

I’m definitely buying it (I loved it when it came out originally) but may not get to it right away, but when I do I’ll post some impressions in here.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Boy, Hypnospace Outlaw is...kinda dull, isn’t it? I know it’s a comedy game and from what I’ve seen it gets pretty funny eventually but I played it for an hour or so last night and unless you count 90’s web design as a joke, there just weren’t any.

I liked the music and can tell it's a well made game but I personally didn't find it actually fun to play.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

lordfrikk posted:

I liked the music and can tell it's a well made game but I personally didn't find it actually fun to play.

Yeah, it’s a neat concept but the idea of being a forums moderator isn’t actually fun on its own, especially when you can’t talk to anybody! But if it had some great jokes in it, I’d find that fulfilling, which is why I was frustrated to find that the level of humor in the game thusfar has been pretty subdued.

I’m gonna give it another play session before I make a decision though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The start of the game is the least interesting part, it takes a bit to get going but it becomes fantastic

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Baller Time posted:

That's literally exactly;y it. Some better textures, but they've instituted better level scaling.

It's also getting a new expansion early next year we know nothing about, and presumably it'll be like Titan Quest where it might get more?

I'm basically going to wait for the expansion to see if it's any good. The Titan Quest stuff was fine being a little hit/miss because it's an ARPG, so you are really just getting new environments/loot. Amalur is an actual RPG with worldbuilding, quests, and VA that needs to happen. The stuff they added to Spellforce for example was......pretty bad tbh so I'm taking the wait and see approach.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Probably the edgiest of edge cases; anyone else have Fire TV Stick with Steam Link sideloaded on it and a Xbox One pad paired via Bluetooth..?

Set it up yesterday and everything works impressively well (my Fire TV stick has an ethernet widget connected so I'm not relying on wifi and can connect at 85mb/sec on the network) BUT the 'Start' button on the pad is not mapped / doesn't work no matter what I try. Now I can long-hold the 'Back' button and Steam will let me press a virtual button and I can get into the Start button menus that way, but if there's a proper fix I'd love to see it.

Button works fine when using the pad directly on my PC.

(The Xbox guide button goes back to the Fire TV Homepage rather than popping the Steam interface up but I can live with that.)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Probably the edgiest of edge cases; anyone else have Fire TV Stick with Steam Link sideloaded on it and a Xbox One pad paired via Bluetooth..?

Set it up yesterday and everything works impressively well (my Fire TV stick has an ethernet widget connected so I'm not relying on wifi and can connect at 85mb/sec on the network) BUT the 'Start' button on the pad is not mapped / doesn't work no matter what I try. Now I can long-hold the 'Back' button and Steam will let me press a virtual button and I can get into the Start button menus that way, but if there's a proper fix I'd love to see it.

Button works fine when using the pad directly on my PC.

(The Xbox guide button goes back to the Fire TV Homepage rather than popping the Steam interface up but I can live with that.)

I am running into a similar issue with my Shield TV Controller and Steam Link on the Shield TV. Was looking into it as well, but haven't had time to test.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam_Link/comments/agcolt/select_button_steam_overlay_mapping_on_android/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/f8j7s4/steam_button_not_opening_the_controller_overlay/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Baller Time posted:

The THQ Nordic YouTube account has been dropping trailers the past few days on the different archetypes and it's looking like more of the same Amalur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC7JwcWRA6I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCY1tO9XHQ

The Finesse video has a split second shot of the Might skill tree and it looks identical to the base game - there's probably been some numbers tweaks but I reckon it's still the same general flow of levels > skills.

My money's on the Teeth of Naros extra weapons being integrated into the base game.