Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

canepazzo posted:

To tide you over the next 56 minutes, the CK3 wiki is live.

quote:

And lastly for the release patch notes!
1.0:
- Made game

:laffo: amazing. Come on Pdox, hit the button!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Greenmangaming just released their keys.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
You can potentially duel rulers for claims/titles..neat. Looks like Faiths are even more mutable than I expected too. Multiple ways to get special effects and stuff like really powerful cannibals can use a decision that among other things gives them 50% off making it accepted in their religion.

Also a lot of stuff in decisions. You can mend the Schism, Islam and some other religions get stuff for dismantling the Papacy, Byzantines get Roman Empire stuff. And a lot of new ones for specific stuff. Also the player can become the Mongol Invasion.

Petting a dog has a 1% chance of injury..but cats are risk free. Clearly the devs don't own cats.

Edit: An interesting bit from the FAQ: "Xbox PC Game Pass subscribers will benefit from a 10% discount on any CK3 DLC during its participation in Game Pass."

Zeron fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 1, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Jesus these last minutes are killing me

TBIEGS
Aug 18, 2016
Does it launch earlier for some others? Cause it says it releases in 3 Hours for me on Steam.

Man,i got sucked into the Hype and bought it even though i only have about 40 hours in CK2. Don't think i'll regret this purchase though.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I assume Gavelkind works the same way it did in CK2, in that if you have, say, a bunch of county titles and a duchy title, your primary heir will get the duchy title and then the counties will go to their siblings. Upon succession, those counties should remain in your realm as your vassals because your duchy title outranks them? Of course, if you only have equal-level titles then yeah, it's more of a problem.

Edit: Also they will be shitass vassals but you can't have everything

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

TorakFade posted:

no primogeniture before 1200 then, at the earliest. It's going to be tough :v:

Shouldn’t France and thus Normandy-> England also get it from the 1066 start?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
we got a goon discord for this poo poo?

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe
gently caress every single one of you not stuck in the office today

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Lemon posted:

I assume Gavelkind works the same way it did in CK2, in that if you have, say, a bunch of county titles and a duchy title, your primary heir will get the duchy title and then the counties will go to their siblings. Upon succession, those counties should remain in your realm as your vassals because your duchy title outranks them? Of course, if you only have equal-level titles then yeah, it's more of a problem.

Iirc there are now 2 kinds of gavelkind: "lovely" gavelkind that works the way CK2 works (your heir gets a single county and the high level titles) and "sane" gavelkind where the titles get divided evenly by level.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

TorakFade posted:

no primogeniture before 1200 then, at the earliest. It's going to be tough :v:

Easy! Just remember to always, always take *good* care of your kids. Preferably kid.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Glitterhoof confirmed as not present, the artists didn't have the time to render a magnificent horse. :negative:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

TBIEGS posted:

Does it launch earlier for some others? Cause it says it releases in 3 Hours for me on Steam.

Man,i got sucked into the Hype and bought it even though i only have about 40 hours in CK2. Don't think i'll regret this purchase though.

Word of mouth on the stream comments is that Steam's timer is wrong.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

SubNat posted:

Glitterhoof confirmed as not present, the artists didn't have the time to render a magnificent horse. :negative:

Apparently Glitterhoof is in the game, just in a different form.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
18:00!

Downloading now! :D

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dramicus posted:

Yes and yes and yes. It has all of that, but you will see that in the beginning, you will need to get used to the idea of losing territory. Most cultures don't start with the stereotypical hereditary rules of "oldest son gets everything", that's an innovation you need to unlock and it might take a couple centuries.

So in the beginning you might conquer and develop some land and then lose it upon succession, especially if you have multiple sons, as the territory will get divided between them. So at the beginning you should look for some "core" land that you will focus on developing and invest your effort in ensuring that your primary heir gets that land. eventually you will start to unlock technologies that allow you to centralize your power more, and you can look to expanding your "core" land further. It's totally possible to start the game, conquer half of Europe with your first character, and then lose 80% of it when he dies, like Alexander the Great.

Stable kingdoms and Empires only start emerging around the 1100-1200's

That sound really cool, thanks. Looking forward to diving into this tonight.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
5gb downloading on XBGP, it's out!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Restart your steam, goons.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
LETS GO

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Time to take a shower while this downloads.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Steam, I have a 1250/250 connection, act like it.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
downloading now. Been waiting all day, got like an hour of work done toady. So loving hype

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I expect to read at least 1 story of someone getting entirely hoisted by their own petard before I get to playing today.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TBIEGS
Aug 18, 2016

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Word of mouth on the stream comments is that Steam's timer is wrong.

Yeah,it's downloading for me now. Pleasant surprise,i didn't expect that.

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018
Someone tell my family I won't be around for a while.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
1.8 gb on steam? nice. perfect for my lovely 550kbs internet

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

whoa i mean this may be tempting fate but it actually launched on time on gamepass????

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The revamped menu music is AMAZING.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

IT BEGINS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaqCog3bc3A

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Downloading and I will be playing within a couple of minutes :woop:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm in

:getin:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dammit. I bought from Paradox, didn't get the keys mailed, and now the servers are slammed and I can't grab it from the site. :( :(

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

*Hacker voice*

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
And here we go! See you in the spring, friends!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've been looking at this "Initializing Game" screen for five minutes.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lemon posted:

axeil posted:

Iirc there are now 2 kinds of gavelkind: "lovely" gavelkind that works the way CK2 works (your heir gets a single county and the high level titles) and "sane" gavelkind where the titles get divided evenly by level.

I have only very quickly scanned the wiki, but based on it and some previous discussion in the thread (or possibly the CK2 one), there's now the added complication that certain titles will be auto-generated to ensure equitable distribution among heirs, and this can at times cause equal titles on an equal level to be spawned for your offspring, causing them to immediately go independent.

If I understood it correctly, you can't own two kingdoms' worth of territory and keep it all intact by simply not creating the title for one of them, because the game will realise that the second title is available for creation, do that for you, and then distribute the two kingdoms equally (with your main heir getting the primary one).

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Expansion pass price reveal on the Microsoft Game Pass store!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Imperator was a choppy mess on linux last time I played it so I was worried that CK3 would have the same issue, but I'm playing on linux now and performance looks great so far! I love Paradox.