Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Magissima posted:

Imperator was a choppy mess on linux last time I played it so I was worried that CK3 would have the same issue, but I'm playing on linux now and performance looks great so far! I love Paradox.

Judging by one of the dev diaries CK3 runs absurdly well compared to earlier Paradox games. I'm still downloading so can't speak from experience yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

same. :downsgun:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Gort posted:

Expansion pass price reveal on the Microsoft Game Pass store!

Right. :stare:

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

£1 for the game, £1400 for the DLC

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Ms Adequate posted:

Downloading and I will be playing within a couple of minutes :woop:

I have 23 minutes to go dammit :argh:

I am actually looking forward to being forced to accept gavelkind, which is stupid when I could have embraced it lovingly the whole time.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the game has a good tutorial for new players like me who have always wanted to get into paradox games?

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Someone who managed to log in and get their monarch rewards, please show me the mullet and wizard beard combo please I must know how it looks.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Lester Shy posted:

I've been looking at this "Initializing Game" screen for five minutes.

Ditto. Just sitting here listening to the CK3 theme.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
Load times are massively improved for me compared to CK2.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
let me log in to my account paradox servers! stop melting!

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Paradox DLC sure adds up.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Good news, everyone: I have confirmed that you can play as an old shirtless Indian dude.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.

Zeta Acosta posted:

the game has a good tutorial for new players like me who have always wanted to get into paradox games?

It looks like they put a large effort into exactly this.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

axeil posted:

let me log in to my account paradox servers! stop melting!

Finally in. Looks like the login server is working but the database with our information isn't responding.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

yorkinshire posted:

It looks like they put a large effort into exactly this.

Yeah I'm going through it now to see what's different, and it looks very good and detailed.

Also the tutorial has you playing in Ireland :laugh:

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Yay, it downloaded!

And now to get through an 8 hour work day before I can play. :sigh:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

same
:negative:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

:rip: login server

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Anyone managed to get a key from CDKeys?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
The game speed is indeed ridiculously fast! At max speed on my computer it's literally 1 second a month. A year passes in 12 seconds. It would take about...77 minutes to run a full observer game from 1066. The menu and everything is also ludicrously snappy and everything loads extremely fast.

I don't remember seeing it mentioned but you can freely switch characters at any time in your game. Kind of odd honestly.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

How do I get a tooltip to stay open long enough for me to mouse over tooltips in the tooltip? I move my mouse down to the tooltip text and the original tooltip disappears.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

God drat it, I reset my password this morning and it's not recognizing the change because presumably the password servers aren't getting updated.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I guess nobody's checking out everybody in the entire world just on the off-chance they can castrate them, then.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I enjoyed the scheming and court drama more than the combat in CK2. Is that viable in CK3 or do you have to be a conqueror? The streams I've checked are all doing raid stuff.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Gort posted:

How do I get a tooltip to stay open long enough for me to mouse over tooltips in the tooltip? I move my mouse down to the tooltip text and the original tooltip disappears.

Hold it there for a couple seconds, or go into setting and change the lock mode to be middle mouse click or auto lock.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

So, Paradox never mailed me the steam keys. Does it seem likely that I can get a refund if those keys are unused? And yes, spam and trash folders checked.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
FYI you can skip the login.

Edit: Lol Ireland is literally tutorial island now.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Gort posted:

If you hover over whatever is displaying the tooltip long enough, the tooltip will become "set" and allow you to mouse over to it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Swedish Horror posted:

Hold it there for a couple seconds, or go into setting and change the lock mode to be middle mouse click or auto lock.

thanks, i was having this exact same problem

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I don’t remember who but one of the streams yesterday I believe said there was an option to lock tooltips with a mouse button rather than hovering.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Would be curious if anyone is playing this on a late-2018 Macbook Pro and if so, if performance is any good. I like to play Paradox games while I watch TV so anything I can run on my laptop rather than my desktop PC is a plus.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
Knew I would hate the UI, and I do.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Renamed my family to 'Weed'. Game is good.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Forums poster and all around chill and fun guy cKnoor is on the Paradox stream now.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I have chosen to bestow upon this game the highest honour I can convey. Space on my tiny SSD.
Given the fact that there was still a noticeable loading time on startup, I made the right choice.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Best I can tell, the highest Steam concurrent user number for any PDS-developed game that wasn’t on a free-trial weekend is Stellaris at just shy of 69k. 35 minutes in and this is already at 55k. And that’s for a game available elsewhere for between $1 and $5.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Jabor posted:

I guess nobody's checking out everybody in the entire world just on the off-chance they can castrate them, then.

If you’ve gotten this far into 2020 without doing just that, you’re a better goon than me.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Wyld Karde posted:

I have chosen to bestow upon this game the highest honour I can convey. Space on my tiny SSD.
Given the fact that there was still a noticeable loading time on startup, I made the right choice.

Luckily the game itself is tiny...

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

holy poo poo this is so smooth and nice, the nested highlight text is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Gort posted:

Luckily the game itself is tiny...

I was for real a little shocked when Steam said it was only 1.8 GB.