Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Looten Plunder posted:

I loved BC2 as well, but I'm yet to see anyone throw out BF2. That came honked. BF2 to was the height of my years as part of clan. Clan wars in BF2 were amazing, we had people commentating and editing the matches afterwards and everything.

This is what kills me, I spent all this time playing BF3&4 and never once popped on the forums to seek teammates to play with. Just solo all the time. Sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
BC2 and BF2 were amazing. BF3 was a huge leap forwards and I thought it was fun as well, just not as fun as the other ones. I basically missed out on BF4 altogether and only came back for Battlefield 5 (ew)

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
BF1 was amazing because you could spear people from horseback. Also flame tanks.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

codo27 posted:

This is what kills me, I spent all this time playing BF3&4 and never once popped on the forums to seek teammates to play with. Just solo all the time. Sigh

right, so many years wasted with my family and friends, when i could have been gamin with goons

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It’s kind of bizarre that firestorm didn’t realize the reason why Blackout didn’t do well long term was because it was behind a $60 paywall.

Probably would have been good to not make everything white on white on white. But here’s a video of me getting 7 kills in minute and a half en route to a 10 personal kill squad win with a base rarity gun.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/401367397

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look we can all agree that the CS:GO battle royale was easily the worst at least.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Push El Burrito posted:

Look we can all agree that the CS:GO battle royale was easily the worst at least.

There was a csgo br??

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Nash posted:

BF1 was amazing because you could spear people from horseback. Also flame tanks.
Mounted Tankgewer :allears:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Nash posted:

the beta was awesome but I felt like the full game was missing something

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

jerman999 posted:

Who needs an optic when you just hold down W and walk forward hip firing at all times?

BF1 suuuuuuucked. BFV was...weird. The gunplay was good but the maps were rear end.

Hardline got a bad wrap, IMO. It was goofy as hell :cumpolice:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

BF1 was extremely good, it just took a few DLCs to get there and you had to be okay with it's poorly visualized recoil. I guess you also had to be ok with the fact that the WW1 setting was entirely aesthetic as well.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

On one hand the sweet spot system wasn't really successful, on the other hand gently caress snipers PLUS it gave us the gift of the iron sight martini henry, one of the series' truly great weapons, so we'll call that a wash.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

There was a csgo br??

Danger Zone!

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I'd even argue that zoom optics and thermals shouldn't use a slot. They all pretty much tank ADS. [...] Just feels like a complete waste because I'd love to mess around with optics more but there is rarely a good reason to use one.

VLK (on M4 for example) adds only 25ms ADS time, totally insignificant in Warzone, but gives you a lot of usable zoom for the long shots you'll be taking in WZ while also cutting 10% off horizontal and vertical recoil.

I'd argue that in Warzone there's almost no reason not to use an optic on any medium to long range guns. The optic is what I drop for Fully Loaded in those loadouts though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LET’S. loving. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOKO

https://twitter.com/modernwarzone/status/1300505491215450114?s=21

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pivo posted:

VLK (on M4 for example) adds only 25ms ADS time, totally insignificant in Warzone, but gives you a lot of usable zoom for the long shots you'll be taking in WZ while also cutting 10% off horizontal and vertical recoil.

I'd argue that in Warzone there's almost no reason not to use an optic on any medium to long range guns. The optic is what I drop for Fully Loaded in those loadouts though.

I personally find it easier to line up long shots with less zoom in WZ with full auto guns, despite the VLK's benefits on paper.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's crazy they haven't bothered to fix the vlk recoil bug by now

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I picked up a FAMAS with a VLK on it as a world drop and set it to single fire and it was pretty good. Just wanted you all to know that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that famas isn't bad. But it's not full auto either so that's an instance where I don't dislike the VLK. The famas is actually pretty fun since the last buff but I still would choose a bunch of other stuff over it.

Although it was top dog for the one day I got to use the broken shotgun lol.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s kind of bizarre that firestorm didn’t realize the reason why Blackout didn’t do well long term was because it was behind a $60 paywall.

Probably would have been good to not make everything white on white on white. But here’s a video of me getting 7 kills in minute and a half en route to a 10 personal kill squad win with a base rarity gun.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/401367397

Were you playing with Steve O??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1300841095736119296?s=21

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The only reason I don’t really want that is because everybody will have it. Gonna be mowing down armies of catmaras

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How much though?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

How much though?

You’ll buy it anyways

(It’s $24)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You’ll buy it anyways

(It’s $24)

Man...

(I probably will).

THPS comes out this week though!!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’ve only spent $10 on the battlepass and probably won’t get next season’s pass so I should blow my points on something, I think I have 1700 now with one more 100CP to collect, at lvl 94 or something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know I am a total wet blanket but I hate that skin so much.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

veni veni veni posted:

I know I am a total wet blanket but I hate that skin so much.

It’ll be easier to track heads when people have cat ears and you can call them weebs after you down them, win/win for both sides of the equation

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

priznat posted:

I’ve only spent $10 on the battlepass and probably won’t get next season’s pass so I should blow my points on something, I think I have 1700 now with one more 100CP to collect, at lvl 94 or something.

Will points carry over to Cold War?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If you pay $24 for a cod cat ears skin you should be arrested and never let out

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

Will points carry over to Cold War?

COD points have carried over across games (and backtrack too!) for like 5-6 years now.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

drunken officeparty posted:

If you pay $24 for a cod cat ears skin you should be arrested and never let out

Awwest me and thwow away the keywaii uwu

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My unpopular opinion: make enemies have a red outline so you can wear whatever you want without giving up any tactical advantage

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

My unpopular opinion: make enemies have a red outline so you can wear whatever you want without giving up any tactical advantage

I dunno what the solution is but some of those ghillie suit skins are real bastards to see. Ditto ol netface krueger.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Mara skin is dumb and the cat charm and vehicle skins are max obnoxious so of course I'm going to buy it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even without ghillie suits you can usually just lay down in a bush in WZ and people will literally walk straight past you, provided you aren't using some super bright skin. You become nearly invisible.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
mara/zedra chud lust grift goin well

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm doing this parkour poo poo in the days of summer stuff and wow this is absolutely garbage. This game is not designed around platforming.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
1. Turn on auto sprint
2. Tap space again at the end of a jump to vault up on something you'll fall short of landing on top of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Got a nice assassination last night in Warzone. Died, won my gulag, and killed a guy with the crow all in about a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZyARGRCCc