Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Can somebody who hasn't bought yet do a favor and check on their Steam? Does the CKIII preorder bonus still show up, or is it gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Princely elective is in, but not imperial elective. I'm taking this as the final confirmation that we will have a Legacy of Rome type DLC. I'm curious what will be in there, as you can already Reform the Roman Empire and Mend the Great Schism (as any Christian faith now!).

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Zeron posted:

The game speed is indeed ridiculously fast! At max speed on my computer it's literally 1 second a month. A year passes in 12 seconds. It would take about...77 minutes to run a full observer game from 1066. The menu and everything is also ludicrously snappy and everything loads extremely fast.

I don't remember seeing it mentioned but you can freely switch characters at any time in your game. Kind of odd honestly.

Yeah, it's just astonishing how fast it is compared to what I'm used to for CK2.
Being able to completely redesign the systems from the ground up was a huge boon for performance.

I just wish text was a bit sharper, regardless of scaling the text feels a bit fuzzy to me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Can somebody who hasn't bought yet do a favor and check on their Steam? Does the CKIII preorder bonus still show up, or is it gone?

It does not. You can buy the Expansion Pass now, but it totals £11 more than buying the Royal Edition.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Bold Robot posted:

Would be curious if anyone is playing this on a late-2018 Macbook Pro and if so, if performance is any good. I like to play Paradox games while I watch TV so anything I can run on my laptop rather than my desktop PC is a plus.

Installing it on mine now, historically paradox games work great on MacBooks but that was with Clausewitz.. I’ll know very shortly!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Really liking this better than its predecessor already. Tutorial is very clear, everything feels easier to find, performance is superior.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dang, thank god the Gamepass is only a dollar, idk if I can afford this one otherwise Paradox...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I wonder if anyone has actually hit the clearly glitched “pay $2000” button...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have literally paid zero attention to this even though i preordered ages ago.

I hope a lot of the lessons learned from EU4/HOI4 have been applied here so even a dumdum like me can figure this one out. CK2 was so drat confusing. :(

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jedit posted:

Anyone managed to get a key from CDKeys?
Judging by Twitter the standard edition ones are out but the Royal Edition ones aren't.

TBIEGS
Aug 18, 2016
God,this game just looks so clean and pretty compared to CK2. And it runs better too,even on my average laptop.
I'm playing the tutorial and immediately managed to marry my character to a "Treacherous Adventurer" and my heir to an "Evil Absolver" Hey,at least they both have the Quick trait.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
why are half of the most information-dense icons like 1 square milimeter

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Wtf is this?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is anyone else having trouble downloading this game on gamepass?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

karma_coma posted:

Installing it on mine now, historically paradox games work great on MacBooks but that was with Clausewitz.. I’ll know very shortly!

Killer. Please keep the thread (or at least me) posted! :thumbsup:

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The loading screen art is very pretty.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

AndrewP posted:

Wtf is this?

that pops up with every game pass game, its giving your account access to play and whatnot

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

AndrewP posted:

Wtf is this?

Project: Titus is probably the internal name for the game that Paradox never changed for Gamepass, because who's gonna get the game on Gamepass, right?

(ignore that it saves you £41)

Meanwhile in the tutorial, part 16:

quote:

Soon, we'll let you unpause the game!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kouerson posted:

that pops up with every game pass game, its giving your account access to play and whatnot

Yeah it was just the Project: Titus that tripped me up. It was indeed the working title after some googling. Weird that they haven't updated it but it's also listed for purchase at $1,999 right now so everything seems a little hosed up.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Holy poo poo this declare war music is epic considering it's 700 Irishmen having a punch up in a bog

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gorn Myson posted:

Judging by Twitter the standard edition ones are out but the Royal Edition ones aren't.

Royal Edition keys are out now from them.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Just skimmed the titles list before I had to get back to work but there are a couple of interesting formables there, including the Empire of Slavia, the Empire of Greater Armenia, and the Holy Fury classic Empire of Outremer.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Wait, my son's name is Brian Briain?

I think I failed at the first hurdle of parenting

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Gort posted:

Wait, my son's name is Brian Briain?

I think I failed at the first hurdle of parenting

Look, if he gets bullied at school, just sack it, burn it down and sacrifice the entire offending dynasty to the gods.
Problem solved (other problems potentially caused, but… oh well).

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Yeah Dad, I know.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Can't get into the game at all, it just crashes during the "Initializing Game" screen. My PC is well beyond all the recommended specs. :negative:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Holy poo poo speed five does not gently caress around :aaa:

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Hmm, why do some women not mind that my starting ruler is a hunchback, while others have a 30-point opinion penalty?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Is there a way to see who the successor for a mayor or bishop will be?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Game good

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Crusader Kings 3: "I'm guessing that people are unhappy from the recent infanticide."

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
game good, anyone having issues with the keyboard not registering though?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Ugh, got a bug where zooming in doesn't work and just slides the flags down a bit.

Edit: if you have this issue, try unplugging your controller from your PC, this fixed it for me.

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 1, 2020

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I was seriously worried about this not running on my crappy oldass 2008 machine, but it works like a charm and even though the computer and general surroundings might melt and ignite after 30 minutes of running it, I'm ready to roll those dice. Wohoo!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Oh man. Tooltips on tooltips on tooltips. This rules.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

really dont like these mini popups that appear and just stay on the screen in front of things i'm trying to read until they fade away,
often to tell me things that i'm being told in the popups im trying to read

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Gort posted:

Hmm, why do some women not mind that my starting ruler is a hunchback, while others have a 30-point opinion penalty?

Some people are just assholes I guess (he says slouchingly).

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Anyone know if you can access debug mode on the game pass version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I’ll need to spend more time with the game to see how it shakes out after the initial honeymoon has worn off. That said, as of now this looks like the best and most polished new release from Paradox ever. Everything just flows nicely; at the default speed (3) there’s always something happening but not so much that you get overwhelmed, and the graphics are lovely.