Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

only 5 hours until the venezuelan food truck. cannot wait to eat empanadas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sullat posted:

Uh, maybe you read a different translation because it seemed pretty anti-cultural revolution to me? And pretty silent on the whole communism part.

they shat all over liberals and told them they were poo poo

how is that anti cultural revolution

oh wait there the civil war stuff iirc

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

After all this, Trump's tax returns had better not be a letdown. After the Piss Tape itself, they're the most sought-after artifact in the world!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
thinking real hard about the best parts of Three body problem series that won't be included in a TV show. if they don't do space man that's only a head I will be bummed

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Three Bodies Problems tv show will probably handle the politics issues pretty well now that it's not tied only to a Young Adult audience. have some faith

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

somebody is gonna propose they go a brainy and "show don't tell" route, somebody else is gonna point to Annihilation's box office numbers, and that's gonna be that lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they will totally gently caress up the video game parts too

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Is it too much to ask for HBO or some other company flush with money to do the Aubrey-Maturin series?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

lmao we will never get to see them, even if he wins joe will just end all investigations in the name of unity and healing and 'moving forward'

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

the video game part would be so fuckin easy to nail, too

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

thinking real hard about the best parts of Three body problem series that won't be included in a TV show. if they don't do space man that's only a head I will be bummed

the best parts of the three body problem are the genitals

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
tired of these muthafuckin antifa on my muthafuckin plane

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

This is a microcosm of American domestic policy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

making movies on ships is ludicrously complex and expensive

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Epic High Five posted:

buddy I'm hoping as much as you that somebody proves me wrong but it's important to accept how these things are gonna happen

we all want it to be a weird exploration of unique themes from an until now rarely heard cultural lens, like a mini-series version of the Lathe of Heaven movie, but that ain't what we're getting

yeahhhh you're right but somehow the terrible knowledge that this will be an awful piece of poo poo has activated new as yet undiscovered displeasure receptors that somehow have not been fully destroyed in the post escalator era

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

lmao we will never get to see them, even if he wins joe will just end all investigations in the name of unity and healing and 'moving forward'

hahaha Trump will declare victory on election night

stone-cold lock of the year

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Biden refusing to investigate Trump is 100% the number one thing he could do to get Kamala primaried from the left in 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Biden will pardon trump

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
more bodies more problems

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Joe and congressional Democrats desires to let Trump alone may not matter. Prosecutors are already digging into Trump's crimes while he's sitting president. Once he loses his immunity, I don't see them going easier on him.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

euphronius posted:

they will totally gently caress up the video game parts too

even granting them the benefit of the doubt i can't even imagine a part of the books that won't be utter trash for idiots

no i did not sign my post

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
can't wait to hear the three body theme
I hope it's worse than the GoT one.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

TRIML!.mp4

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

is there like a loving STALKER gravity anomaly on those steps or

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the woman at the end is def dead

K9
May 6, 2007

i never thought i was a mirror neuron kind of guy but this is bringing me out in bruises

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

William Bear posted:

Thousands of Americans already die every day as sacrifices to Trump!

Well, a thousand anyway

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Filthy Hans posted:

were the second and third books any good

the second was a pile of hot poo poo

the third one had about 100 good pages at the end

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

i thought it was amazon that was making a three body problem show

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Of course depending on how Trump reacts to losing, his tax returns could become a non-issue

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Biden refusing to investigate Trump is 100% the number one thing he could do to get Kamala primaried from the left in 2024

lmfao

how can you be this loving deluded

2024 isn't real you imbecile

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Epic High Five posted:

3BP is definitely not YA lol

If it is I need to start reading more ya stuff

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Crunchy Black posted:

lmfao

how can you be this loving deluded

2024 isn't real you imbecile

It will come, even if it comes without us

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I hope they get the most stereotypical guy to play the stupid old grizzled detective character

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gringostar posted:

the second was a pile of hot poo poo

the third one had about 100 good pages at the end

I liked the 2nd one most of all and the 3rd as much as the first :shrug:

but my whole jam is weird speculative sci-fi like Lem and Cordwainer Smith and a lot of Le Guin

They all could've been a lot shorter, but so could every book over 400 pages in legnth

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It will come, even if it comes without us

it will never exist as a political paradigm in the current sense in the USA, fam.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

reset the whole story to New York Coty ans have the flashbacks be the 1960s in San fransoco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/internethippo/status/1300844491415273472?s=21