Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

There's really no easy way for the tubers to make things better. They could threaten to leave but they would be giving up their images, subscribers, technology, etc. It's a sinister part of the whole corporate vtuber scheme that the person is so detached from their own work that they have basically no leverage when threatening to leave. The best they could do is strike or something to force Cover's hand to hire a competent CEO but I cannot imagine that going well with how entitled fans are. It's probably mutual destruction at best and there really is not a currently running better option for them to move to.

The Colonel posted:

kinda weird to me how many jokes people make about coco, specifically, staging a revolt and taking over

Eh, she makes the most money, shows the most initiative for starting new things, and gives zero fucks. I don't think it has to be a weird "The American has to show these demure Japanese how it's done" sort of thing. I think Fubuki might also be in that category as one of the talents that carried the entire operation through the early game and spoke her mind during the copyright fiasco. Not that anything like a revolt is going to happen, but we can dream.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Just finished the eyeshield 21 anime. It's really good! I'm used to 40-50 episodes being a long series but this 150 had a really good flow. I've read the manga continues past the Ojo vs Daimon game. Is it worth reading? Feels like every character arc is wrapped up besides Himura vs the cowboy QB.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How is the Eyeshield 21 manga anyways

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

The Colonel posted:

kinda weird to me how many jokes people make about coco, specifically, staging a revolt and taking over

i've heard she originally applied to hololive for a staff job before they offered her a vtubing gig instead, and that she was involved in management for 5th gen, but i don't have any sources on that.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

verbal enema posted:

How is the Eyeshield 21 manga anyways

Really good aside from the last arc which was very obviously rushed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finished watching the old higurashi anime. it really did just have this extra-hard jarring shift between seasons from an extremely disappointing adaptation to one that's almost better than i could really ask for at times. i think the new anime's gonna be a lot of fun just for how it'll probably do a better job adapting the first six arcs, and the last two will just be interesting to compare in how they pace and prioritize stuff

really though all i need from the new anime's version of matsuribayashi is amakusa's scene since the old anime skipped over that

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Captain Cappy posted:

There's really no easy way for the tubers to make things better. They could threaten to leave but they would be giving up their images, subscribers, technology, etc. It's a sinister part of the whole corporate vtuber scheme that the person is so detached from their own work that they have basically no leverage when threatening to leave. The best they could do is strike or something to force Cover's hand to hire a competent CEO but I cannot imagine that going well with how entitled fans are. It's probably mutual destruction at best and there really is not a currently running better option for them to move to.

Eh, she makes the most money, shows the most initiative for starting new things, and gives zero fucks. I don't think it has to be a weird "The American has to show these demure Japanese how it's done" sort of thing. I think Fubuki might also be in that category as one of the talents that carried the entire operation through the early game and spoke her mind during the copyright fiasco. Not that anything like a revolt is going to happen, but we can dream.

Yeah Coco and Fubuki probably get mentioned because they tend to show the most initiative for bucking the trend. Coco with setting up the Holohouse and general paperwork stuff, Fubuki with setting up group collabs across the Holo span, including the Holostars boys.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
With Coco she usually is also looking for loopholes all the time for ways to involve other members of Hololive and support them without the management getting involved. Like, a big part of Asacoco's creation was figuring out how to collab with others while still being within the "no non-officially planned collabs" rule (the answer was if it was prerecorded video they couldn't do anything about it). She just does a whole lot of work both for her own success and for supporting any of her fellow hololive members, so I could definitely see her taking more action behind the scenes to try and push for improvements.

With Fubuki I have a harder time really saying anything outside of her usually just doing whatever she wants (the four hour stream of waiting for Marine and Shion to wake up) and involving whoever she wants, just because of her having a weirdly lower amount of translated stuff inspite of her being the most subbed person in Hololive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When's the Hololive anime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

There already was a v-tuber anime!

Virtual-san wa Miteiru

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GLSHHLP91s

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

are there any safari plugins i can use to track what i've read on viz? i get it's really cheap but drat they could have put some work into the user experience

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
I'd almost want to make a dedicated Vtubers thread, but I rarely watch anything that isn't VOMS or a random translation channel so :shrug:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

:justpost: Pikamee can carry a thread by herself.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kibibit posted:

I'd almost want to make a dedicated Vtubers thread, but I rarely watch anything that isn't VOMS or a random translation channel so :shrug:

It'd be a cool place to chill out, link livestreams, post fanart, and talk all sorts of stuff.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I feel like there's at least 10 people that have threatened to post a vtuber thread and they're all waiting to see who blinks first

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sorry everyone. i can't make the vtuber thread. i'm saving my energy for the top 20 anime of the 2000s thread

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I feel like there's at least 10 people that have threatened to post a vtuber thread and they're all waiting to see who blinks first

dont worry ill make it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thanks

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
just make the OP this and nothing else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COQR9A8D4XQ

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

sorry everyone. i can't make the vtuber thread. i'm saving my energy for the top 20 anime of the 2000s thread

#1: hulaing babies

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

El Burbo posted:

dont worry ill make it

If you post it, they will come.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
re-reading akame ga kill, even the characters who don't get killed off don't really have any kind of story arcs, do they?

It's weird they make a big deal of how irredeemably fundamentally evil Esdeath is and then throw in she was like an orphan with no parental figures to guide her, sorta messes with that bit of narrative.

I can see why I would've liked it at 14 and I can't think of anything quite like it more recently but yeah, I wouldn't say it's held up as being particularly good.

I deleted what I was going to post to do this instead because it really says it all.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

The Colonel posted:

the easiest thread in the world tho

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

MagicAlex posted:

Bring back Ranma, but everyone is older and nothing has changed.

Ranma and Ryouga Face the Music.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

the scans for the first five chapters of akuma no riddle are a hell of a thing

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would anyone else be interested in a thread to review stuff you're reading/watching or should I just post it in post my favorite because nobody else would read or post in it? :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think some of that just ends up in the catch-all threads, like I've posted quite a few reviews in the shoujo thread as the mood struck but the downside of that is they get buried fairly quickly. If you make a thread specifically for reviews even if you're the only one who regularly participates at least the option is there and you can potentially get some feedback/discussion vs the pmf thing where there's no chance for that at all.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Captain Cappy posted:

There's really no easy way for the tubers to make things better. They could threaten to leave but they would be giving up their images, subscribers, technology, etc. It's a sinister part of the whole corporate vtuber scheme that the person is so detached from their own work that they have basically no leverage when threatening to leave.
Goddamn that Black Mirror episode with the dumb cartoon dog came true.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe the simpsons predicted the future

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
they did surgery on a grape

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I have done the impossible and made a vtuber thread.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:worship:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Rad!

https://twitter.com/suzushiro333/status/1300797909579882496?s=20

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIZL5qeEKj0

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think the original of this with the shin mazinger op is a lot funnier

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
For some reason this 90s British girl band official shown-on-mtv music video was literally the Ghost in the Shell movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76i4E5MTkI

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I live in rural ohio i just seen a black dude roll by my kitchen at work in a dope grey mistubishi with an Inuyasha wrap on the sides of Inuyasha and his cool sword and Kagome

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I didnt get a pic cuz i was too busy pointing and yelling hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

sinky posted:

For some reason this 90s British girl band official shown-on-mtv music video was literally the Ghost in the Shell movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76i4E5MTkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz7qj3MteS0