Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eh that’s not such a big deal for pros if she can murder everyone with a little skill, which with that dumb windwall will probably be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I avoid high skill cap champs because I suck but I'm ready to feed my rear end off in ranked on samira

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jerkface posted:

I avoid high skill cap champs because I suck but I'm ready to feed my rear end off in ranked on samira

:yeah: same here for sure

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

also FYI check your riot folder log file, mine was 70gb because their logging freaked out today and generated a 70 go log file

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i cant help but feel like i’m gonna hate playing against samira

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
who'd win in a fight, a devil may cry protagonist who has to weave together 6 abilities to be enabled or one little armordillo

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Jerkface posted:

also FYI check your riot folder log file, mine was 70gb because their logging freaked out today and generated a 70 go log file

Thanks for the heads up, I had one as well. Fun!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/event/samira-abilities-rundown/

Samira's ability run down. It looks like she has pretty big range on her sword, so activating the bonus damage of her passive doesn't look as hard as you might think.

quote:

RIOT Reav3
·
7 minutes ago
One thing that’s unique to Samira but not shown here is here taunt. Her taunt is actually a skill shot that cost one gold to use. She roots herself and flicks a coin that does 1 damage to anything it hits. It also counts as a unique source of damage for her style passive

lol

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 1, 2020

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jerkface posted:

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/event/samira-abilities-rundown/

Samira's ability run down. It looks like she has pretty big range on her sword, so activating the bonus damage of her passive doesn't look as hard as you might think.

lol

Oh poo poo she's Dante meets Johnny from GG and that owns (even if it's just as a flex)

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Am I reading that right? Samira's third passive (lol) makes her auto attacks knock up on any impaired movement? So a slow turns into a knockup? Or is it limited to hard CC?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Boxman posted:

Am I reading that right? Samira's third passive (lol) makes her auto attacks knock up on any impaired movement? So a slow turns into a knockup? Or is it limited to hard CC?

I think it's specifically immobilize?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I could've sworn it said immobilized champs before (roots/stuns/airborne/charm/fear) but the passive does say 'impaired movement' so idk. There is a long-ish target cd indicator around the champ after it activates (~10 seconds or so) so even if it works with slows it should be fine (assuming she can't apply it with Glacial Augment since it says "allies").

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I read it as extending the CC that was already there, but the juggle is just a visual thing. So it's not turning a stun into a knockup, it's extending the initial stun. If it did turn any CC into a knockup we'd be looking at Yasuo/Samira duos forever.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

njsykora posted:

I read it as extending the CC that was already there, but the juggle is just a visual thing. So it's not turning a stun into a knockup, it's extending the initial stun. If it did turn any CC into a knockup we'd be looking at Yasuo/Samira duos forever.

Its actually a .5 second knock up, .5 seconds because thats the minimum CC duration so tenacity won't reduce it. It also has a 6 shot component to the knock up (the actual bullet juggle) and I'm wondering if those 6 shots apply on hits... assuming no.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Its actually a .5 second knock up, .5 seconds because thats the minimum CC duration so tenacity won't reduce it. It also has a 6 shot component to the knock up (the actual bullet juggle) and I'm wondering if those 6 shots apply on hits... assuming no.

If they do, they'll apply them at reduced effectiveness ala Urgot's W.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

One of the main testers is doing twitter Q&A on Samira

https://twitter.com/Blizz_lol/status/1300836770343342080

Legendary BM on the taunt

https://twitter.com/Blizz_lol/status/1300833176462319618

Things mid lane doesn't have: junglers

They are saying she has a weak early, large midgame spike, and then not as big a late game. Her ult apparently has a .6 bonus AD ratio per shot so it does like 100 dmg + 6xbAD at rank 1 if you eat the entire channel.

Passive knockup has a per champion lock out. The dash to a champion only happens when she attacks an immobilized target to activate the knock up. This means she will be very good at following up on leona/naut/whatever since she can dash in from far out to get into range.

Samira's psy ops ult is nutty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oev_zfG0fZk&t=15s

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 1, 2020

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I love when they say stuff like that when trying to push a champion into a role. It never works the way they intend.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Invalid Validation posted:

I love when they say stuff like that when trying to push a champion into a role. It never works the way they intend.
Although PBE performance is nothing to indicate how she'll actually pan out, she seems like she'll be a totally fine across top/mid/bot.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I keep it taco (Jhin one trick) is playing her right now on PBE and a lot of her power seems to be in her ult and boy howdy its nasty. He ulted twice in a pretty quick 2v2 bot and it does a lot of damage.

The Q auto farming looks crisp. So far he has been going IE->Deaths Dance.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I think there's a lot of variability to her build potential. But not having Muramana seems really lousy when her max rank Q can be spammed ad nauseum and her passive applies on-hits 6 times.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I hope players build a lot of aspeed on her so I can make them kill themselves with Rammus.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Second hand PBE Samira report:

She is overtuned to an insane extent and her entire kit needs to be nerfed.

Her ult at lvl 6 does 1000 damage+

Its an ADC with the movement of Akali

AS scales better than Twitch

Cooldowns don't exist early game

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hey all. devil may carry. alright, peace

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

It took me 800 games but i finally did it, i climbed from bronze 4 to platinum. Even though I was flagged for losses many times, i rode a recent bout of winners queue straight to the top.

I feel like it shouldn't have taken me this long with these winrates and KDAs but getting flagged for losses and the general disadvantage of solo queuing as an ADC made it challenging.

Now that im plat 4 i can feed my brains out on samira no problem on release :getin:

When Riot's proprietary matchmaking algorithm™ decides that i need to lose 70% of my games THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN!! ;)
\/\/\/

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Sep 2, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"flagged for losses"?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
it's really fun when your Sona support face checks bushes and dies six times to MF/Janna in four minutes and then you lose LP because obviously if you were actually good you'd be able to turn the tides as early game Twitch

like man I've been playing this game for so fuckin' long I feel like I surely must not be as awful as these guys! but then Riot is like "nah you a busta, here's three chimps with laptops and a badly coded robot, carry them or else"

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Jerkface posted:

When Riot's proprietary matchmaking algorithm™ decides that i need to lose 70% of my games THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN!! ;)
\/\/\/

I have the same problem in tft.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Bleck posted:

it's really fun when your Sona support face checks bushes and dies six times to MF/Janna in four minutes and then you lose LP because obviously if you were actually good you'd be able to turn the tides as early game Twitch

like man I've been playing this game for so fuckin' long I feel like I surely must not be as awful as these guys! but then Riot is like "nah you a busta, here's three chimps with laptops and a badly coded robot, carry them or else"

Like I've grown fond of telling people who flame me when I have a bad game, their MMR is the same as yours :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nice little addition with 10.18: there's a new keybind, "Show summoner names," that will cycle through three different modes: displaying summoner names; displaying champion names; and displaying nothing. If you have trouble telling enemy champions apart at a glance, especially with some of the new skins, this is a good option for quickly being able to identify who's who in a teamfight.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this game is kind of funny because i was looking at blitz last night in a lobby and i had the solo killer tag for getting solo kills in 50% of my games and i was like "isn't that low? that feels low" and one of my teammates was like uhhhh no that is not low.

it takes all kinds to play league. like me, the no brain samurai.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Rygar201 posted:

Like I've grown fond of telling people who flame me when I have a bad game, their MMR is the same as yours :v:

yeah... it's true, I am a busta

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

I was playing a normals last night with someone who was just losing their mind in allchat and they started mocking somene's elo and said "how's the weather down there", which i thought and still do think was, truly something

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Someone is actually going to get the last hit on an enemy with Samira's taunt and it will be good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hellioning posted:

Someone is actually going to get the last hit on an enemy with Samira's taunt and it will be good.

if someone stands around at 1 hp for three seconds they did it on purpose or possibly had a stroke and everyone else in the game also had a stroke

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

if someone stands around at 1 hp for three seconds they did it on purpose or possibly had a stroke and everyone else in the game also had a stroke

If an infinite amount of monkeys banging on an infinite amount of type writers can make Shakespeare, a finite amount of slightly smarter League players trying to get a cool highlight will eventually cause the stars to align.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hellioning posted:

It's possible if you time it right against a Tryndamere whose ult is ending, right?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's possible if you time it right against a Tryndamere whose ult is ending, right?

A trynd thats ulting near samira is probably killing samira especially if shes standing still doing a taunt that Trynd can just Q immediately off of to not have 1 HP

It does 1 dmg!! But I think you'll get ppl doing it while someone is DOTed by red buff or liandries and APPEAR to get the kill which will be worth it.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

No. Trynd's ult leaves him with a minimum amount of HP, and that minimum is not 1. (E: For most of the game that minimum is 30.)

Also

Jerkface posted:

A trynd thats ulting near samira is probably killing samira especially if shes standing still doing a taunt that Trynd can just Q immediately off of to not have 1 HP

It does 1 dmg!! But I think you'll get ppl doing it while someone is DOTed by red buff or liandries and APPEAR to get the kill which will be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

The People will not be satisfied until someone steals baron/elder with it