Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

nazis are a protected class on the something awefull forums

also, pedophiles, which was an even older rule lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
well gang star trek time, hopefully no critical trumping comes up

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
ive been playing video games for the last four hours did i miss anything

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

poop nazi

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

NO NO THEY'RE DEMANDING PROOF

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

lol yea those do not exist here

well sometimes but they're lovely not-ripe commercial ones from Mexico and they never ripen properly

i honestly didnt know it was a thing until you brough it up, but yeah, i guess that's pretty big for a farm stand tomato, no wonder we have a salad here that's basically salsa without the spicy stuff add salt, and vinegar and some other root veggies

https://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Salads/Amish-Harvest-Tomatoes

also everyone in my family canned tomatos before they just got tired of it like 5-10 years ago

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

poop nazi

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm gonna go watch that hamlet mst3k episode, it's good i like high art

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 355 days!
the democratic establishment will not allow a kennedy to lose in mass, its one of their dumbass pillars

when pelosi broke her own rules and endorsed a challenger to an incumbent she was sending a message

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

first kennedy to make it to a concession speech lol

Hold your horses. Kennedys are famous for 2 things. Joe Kennedy hasn't killed a woman yet (that we know of), so there's still that other Kennedy thing that's still on the table which might save him from a concession speech.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Hound posted:

NO NO THEY'RE DEMANDING PROOF

wait what what happened why are we talking about soup proof

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

tenderjerk posted:

the democratic establishment will not allow a kennedy to lose in mass, its one of their dumbass pillars

when pelosi broke her own rules and endorsed a challenger to an incumbent she was sending a message

if you wanna put your money where your mouth is you could make a loving killing right now https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5901/Who-will-win-the-2020-Massachusetts-Democratic-Senate-primary

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Did you hear about the Italian chef who died?

He pasta way

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Bethamphetamine posted:

Hold your horses. Kennedys are famous for 2 things. Joe Kennedy hasn't killed a woman yet (that we know of), so there's still that other Kennedy thing that's still on the table which might save him from a concession speech.

trying to decide whether you mean getting elections fixed by the mob or having their head blown off

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
fun to see kennedy losing in falmouth

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

ChristsDickWorship posted:

you'll have to excuse me, i started in a studio and then moved to mixing live so i have no patience anymore. but the flipside to that is i know several bands who have a really hard time deciding when a song/album is done.

how does one get a job in the audio engineering world? I’ve been thinking of leaving teaching and doing something in audio. been djing forever (no aspirations of making it I just like collecting music), have a decent understanding of signal flow, and built passable horn loaded sound systems.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

emfive posted:

Oh another thing about that 10cc song: the guitarist and a couple friends invented this thing they called "the Gizmo". It was a box with rotating disks that fit over the guitar, and the disks could be engaged with the guitar strings by some keys. The idea was that the disks would vibrate the strings, so instead of strumming you'd key the strings, with the left hand still doing the notes/chords.

There were no synthesizers, or practical ones anyway, in the early 70s.

When they did Not In Love, they recorded their voices singing every note in the scale on tape loops, and then ran them into a 32-track mixer. They "played" the mixer like a synth.

holy poo poo that's cool as hell.
I had a guitar synth but the lag sucks compared to this

mlao keep watching this for spinal tap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyT6o3aT1a8

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Joementum posted:

fun to see kennedy losing in innsmouth

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 355 days!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

if you wanna put your money where your mouth is you could make a loving killing right now https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5901/Who-will-win-the-2020-Massachusetts-Democratic-Senate-primary
I don't gamble (jehovas witnes)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I don't know anything about Markey but I really hate that carrot top grinning little freak

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Flavius Aetass posted:

I don't know anything about Markey but I really hate that carrot top grinning little freak

Markey is good

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Aetass posted:

markey co-wrote the green new deal. he's the actual progressive senator from massachusetts. he doesn't have a national profile because he doesn't loving want one, unlike literally every senator from massachusetts for the last sixty years

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

tortilla cat is fuckin pissed off

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Neal is probably one of these guys who's completely out of touch in national politics but has good constituent services so its gonna take multiple cycles to unseat him

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

No, please don’t post and resume playing video games lol

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

trying to decide whether you mean getting elections fixed by the mob or having their head blown off

I can say conclusively I wasn't referring to the drugs and extramarital sex, because that wouldn't narrow it down nearly enough.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

No, please don’t post and resume playing video games lol

Everyone deserves to sup some tup

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
pfc i'm sorry you're cranky and hope you feel better tomorrow :)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Zisky posted:

I used to listen to my mom's Thick as a Brick LP on repeat as a kid. The packaging was neat...the record was wrapped in a full page fake newspaper from the town the album's story takes place in.

Edit:
I am still extremely jealous of all the dope concerts you've been to.

you know what's weird is that recent gay rights case that the supreme court had, when I saw the plaintiff's name I was like wtf is that really their name because

quote:

Bostock v. Clayton County, 590 U.S. ___ (2020), was a landmark United States Supreme Court civil rights case in which the Court held that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects employees against discrimination because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.[1]

The plaintiff, Gerald Bostock

quote:

Thick as a Brick is the fifth studio album by the British rock band Jethro Tull, released in March 1972. The album contains a continuous piece of music, split over two sides of an LP record, and is a parody of the concept album genre. The original packaging, designed like a newspaper, claims the album to be a musical adaptation of an epic poem by fictional eight-year-old genius Gerald Bostock, though the lyrics were actually written by the band's frontman, Ian Anderson.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Stefan Prodan posted:

you know what's weird is that recent gay rights case that the supreme court had, when I saw the plaintiff's name I was like wtf is that really their name because

Holy poo poo

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Virgil Vox posted:

how does one get a job in the audio engineering world? I’ve been thinking of leaving teaching and doing something in audio. been djing forever (no aspirations of making it I just like collecting music), have a decent understanding of signal flow, and built passable horn loaded sound systems.

i havent worked since march so i'm probably the wrong person to ask!

but in my experience most of the work flows from the gear owners. the vendors who provide rental gear have the most work, because it has to be packed up, loaded into a truck, unloaded and setup, operated, then taken back to the warehouse. unfortunately audio is kind of an add-on at this point, a lot of vendors are primarily video/lighting companies who own some audio stuff.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 355 days!
plinkey i dunno man

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

No

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Damnit plinkey

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1300959389696786434

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

eh let me know when she's covered in jet-puffed

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Virgil Vox posted:

tait and clair bros are located in the town where i live and i grew up with some of the clair kids, they have like no work right now and laid almost everyone off, it's not a good time to get into it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i think the smear worked

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1300959063589769223

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Aetass posted:

eh let me know when she's covered in jet-puffed