Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I...I can really just claim this dude's son is actually my bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fair warning to tribals: going feudal is not easy. 10 development sounds like nothing but tribals get huge penalties to dev growth, learning all the technologies takes forever cause your guys are likely dum dums and reforming a religion required a lot of faith, my norse religion requires more then 4000!

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I just got war declared on my by an OPM in Finland that had 6k troops who boated all the way to Scotland to kill me. Still a Paradox release.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

So, I'm not 100% sure how this works, but your prestige, piety , and renown don't do anything on their own, right? The stuff they increase stays increased even after you spend those points? So there's no reason to hold onto them?

Basically wondering if there's any downside to disinheriting every son but one.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just looked up and noticed my heir is in prison (he was chilling in Staffordshire after marrying the Countess). I wish the game would have mentioned that. Evidently some poo poo's going down in England, any easy way to understand wtf is going on?

PepperKeibu
May 1, 2009
Is there no character finder on the character select screen? Like there is no way to find all playable female rulers other than just randomly clicking counties?

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So, I'm not 100% sure how this works, but your prestige, piety , and renown don't do anything on their own, right? The stuff they increase stays increased even after you spend those points? So there's no reason to hold onto them?

If you go negative on prestige, any actions that decrease prestige will instead decrease your fame. I haven't messed around with piety stuff, but I'm assuming it's the same with that and devotion.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Started as Halfdan Whiteshirt, played for uhhhh looks like 8 straight hours, ended up defeated and landless after a century when I got spitroasted for religious reasons by Scotland and Anjou and then pounced on for what remained after my armies were shattered.

This game loving owns

SubNat posted:

Yeah, goddamn the 800-s start is such a blood churn. :allears:

Britain was a Thunderdome on an absolutely epic scale, I don't think the island had actual peace for a full year, it was just a constant set of invasions, counter-invasions, Norse invasions, dynastic squabbles, Scotland trying to fight the Norse and getting fully bodied because I had great terrain for the defensive, countries exploding when the ruler died, over and over, it was incredible.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ms Adequate posted:

Started as Halfdan Whiteshirt, played for uhhhh looks like 8 straight hours, ended up defeated and landless after a century when I got spitroasted for religious reasons by Scotland and Anjou and then pounced on for what remained after my armies were shattered.

This game loving owns

Britain was a Thunderdome on an absolutely epic scale, I don't think the island had actual peace for a full year, it was just a constant set of invasions, counter-invasions, Norse invasions, dynastic squabbles, Scotland trying to fight the Norse and getting fully bodied because I had great terrain for the defensive, countries exploding when the ruler died, over and over, it was incredible.

yea I think the AI may be more aggressive not just to you but just in general, and I fuckin love it. England and the assorted viking/proto-Russian lands are absolute meat grinders and Africa is just a constant web of tribal backstabbing and religious/cultural clashing. I love it, fantastic showing and I'm very glad I got the special season pass edition because I can't wait to see what's coming. Have they given any hints about what's planned?

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Is there a way to view the victims of a character like in ck2? My wife killed a dynasty member and I have no idea who

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yorkinshire posted:

Is there a way to view the victims of a character like in ck2? My wife killed a dynasty member and I have no idea who

well I mean, it was probably nobody important, you gotta have a murder-buffer of relatives.

(If there is a way to view body counts I haven't found it either)

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
So I am about an hour into the tutorial and my rear end in a top hat evil cousin or something claimed and attacked my capitol with an army double the size of mine. I have no money, slow income, my army isn't very big, and the newbie advisor suggests I ... go to war with the King of Scotland.

I feel like I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing to advance my interests here other than like... wait 20 years to have money or something. I must be missing something big.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the only downside is if that single heir dies

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

luxury handset posted:

the only downside is if that single heir dies

naturally this would never happen to me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

naturally this would never happen to me

'what are you gonna do, kill my sole heir?' ~ man who's dynasty ended shortly after

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Oh, right, you need the Renown for the Legacies. That's why you don't disinherit willy-nilly.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

All this talk of the British Isles being constant chaos helped me decide to start as far away from that as possible.

India aint much better folks! Thank god I inherited the Maldives since its now my last sanctuary after getting stomped right off the mainland.

Also my spymaster loves being naked for some reason.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing but having a good time doing it. Just sorta fast forwarding on tutorial island right now until something happens or it tells me I can go to war with someone. I only ever got about half of Ireland in CKII so let's see if I can get the whole dang thing this time!

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Dumb question - where can you see if a character has any alliances?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

discoukulele posted:

Dumb question - where can you see if a character has any alliances?

in their character profile, under their shield in the Diplomacy section

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's possible to click the options for a popup before the scroll renders. i promised a count something, not sure what, but he likes me a little better now and i got a hook to renegotiate his levies. just hope i didn't give him my firstborn, who is 22 and a giant, so good luck taking him

explosivo posted:

I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing but having a good time doing it. Just sorta fast forwarding on tutorial island right now until something happens or it tells me I can go to war with someone. I only ever got about half of Ireland in CKII so let's see if I can get the whole dang thing this time!

put your councilors to work!

-spymasters can root around for secrets, especially in other people's courts - a good chance for blackmail!

-marshals can raise control in newly conquered areas, flush out bandits, and improve the skills of your knights

-stewards can be set to raise taxes or, better, slowly tick up development in your capital county

-bishops! get them fabricating claims! remember to have a hundred ducats in pocket for when the scheme is ready

-chancellors,

-your spouse can be set to assist with whatever their best skill is! my midas wife hands me fifty ducats once in a while

also scheme to seduce your spouse asap and scheme to make friends with your vassals

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i've gotten owned in so many ways, in so many parts of the map. started a run as Urraca of Leon and just as I started getting into the flow of things and making my dastardly spy maneuvers, I got Typhus and died immediately. the only thing I got to do was break off my love affair with King Alfonso!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

luxury handset posted:

put your councilors to work!

Aw poo poo I knew I was missing something. Those guys are all just sittin around doing nothing. Thanks!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Ireland is still a hilairous moshpit but generally its doable to consolidate enough titles and make marriage alliances quick enough with one character that most folks won't gently caress with you.

At least thats how it went for me, Sweden took the top most duchy and the bottom most county or whatever but besides that I had the entire island.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Man, this game could be huge for the series. So many things have been streamlined and simplified while keeping the overall feel of the game that it's almost astounding.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Aye Doc posted:

in their character profile, under their shield in the Diplomacy section

Sweet, thanks!

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to sort characters by their opinion of you when you're viewing a list of characters (like your vassals or your court) like you could in CK2?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Was just trying to form Lithuania and I look over to notice that the HRE had absorbed poland and Hungary whole. :yikes:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How do I attach armies?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Baron Porkface posted:

How do I attach armies?

I was wondering the same thing

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Antifa Spacemarine posted:

I just got war declared on my by an OPM in Finland that had 6k troops who boated all the way to Scotland to kill me. Still a Paradox release.

you get a bunch of troops when you do (win?) holy wars. Special, really high quality troops. 6k is higher than any of the stacks I was awarded for crusades but it's pagans all the way down up there and can't they do holy wars pretty much all they time if they want?

Anyway, that's probably how the doomstack got started, then might have snowballed from a couple more from there (if theory is true)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

After a few hours of playing my biggest complaints are that there are no war lens. If multiple people are warring for the same place, but not directly at war with you, it's impossible to tell what's going you. You just have a blob of enemy armies that aren't really enemies but kind of are. :psyduck:

As well for pagan characters getting concubines is bloody annoying. There doesn't seem to be a way to ask vassals or neighbors for one, and you can't present debutantes, so unless you're keeping women in prison for it, you just won't have any. Very annoying.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

the game defaulting to non ironman and no warning before starting a game is very annoying

Yeah, I just discovered this when I realized I hadn't gotten any achievements. Sucks.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Been having a few goes on tutorial island.
As soon as I'm able to conquest two counties, the Norse just immediately come and wreck my poo poo.
Having fun so far, just having trouble adjusting my brain from CK2 interface to CK3

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm in Australia, if I buy a key off indiegala or somewhere will it work?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
still some bugs, i've imprisoned a lady whose spouse is the guy i just ganked a county from, but he claims a different lady is his wife?

e: nope - insular irish catholicism allows polygamy!

TwoStepBoog posted:

Been having a few goes on tutorial island.
As soon as I'm able to conquest two counties, the Norse just immediately come and wreck my poo poo.
Having fun so far, just having trouble adjusting my brain from CK2 interface to CK3

if you're doing the 867 start, then ireland is basically just a pissing trough for the norse

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 2, 2020

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Eimi posted:

As well for pagan characters getting concubines is bloody annoying. There doesn't seem to be a way to ask vassals or neighbors for one, and you can't present debutantes, so unless you're keeping women in prison for it, you just won't have any. Very annoying.

Now we have a proper Crusader Kings thread

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ah Tanistry, the solution to keeping my domains together!

some nobody I never heard of becomes high king because my vassals think my preferred heir will just stay in the rear end-crack of Wales after I die

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Where is the amount of Dread listed?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
now that i've lost a leg and an eye in battle, how do i stop my otherwise young and good statted ruler from getting further bashed up in combat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Piell posted:

Where is the amount of Dread listed?

on the character screen, there is a clenched mailed fist next to the primary title, and next to the gold, prestige, piety etc