Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the guys from mario world who sit on flying platforms throwing hammers all over the loving place but its cans of soup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

that is very much not statics because the system is moving

communism super hero av, but a nerd

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

god drat it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
my favorite part about the soup thing is that the president insists that a lighter thing thrown faster produces much more force than a heavier thing thrown proportionally slower

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

she's either 100% freaky or 0% freaky and there's only one way to find out

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ok, is this one real?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

little-known fact that ted cruz's dad's weapon of choice when he killed jfk was not a gun but instead an expertly thrown can of campbell's

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Flavius Aetass posted:

my favorite part about the soup thing is that the president insists that a lighter thing thrown faster produces much more force than a heavier thing thrown proportionally slower

what even is momentum lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

freshman statics was one of the classes that kicked my rear end the hardest in my engineering degree

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Lol

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

This Kelly comic is really reaching for a joke, which somehow makes it all the more greater.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

biden is doing the classic succ dem move of pissing off 5 leftist libs/progressives to get 1 centrist to say they might vote joe on a cspan call (but then still vote trump in the actual election)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

freshman statics was one of the classes that kicked my rear end the hardest in my engineering degree

I can't even imagine. I think the most complex math i took in college was something like calc 2 lol

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

that class legit switched me to straight physics

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Shear Modulus posted:

little-known fact that ted cruz's dad's weapon of choice when he killed jfk was not a gun but instead an expertly thrown can of campbell's

Daddy War Haul

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

jeez it's just a stutter, if you can get past that, he's making a fantastic point that covid-19 has killed more people this year than it had in the previous 100 years combined

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

food banks are basically armories. stocked with rounds of cream of celery and manwich sauce

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

img-john-oliver-we-got-her.gif

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

my username is "Shear Modulus" lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shear Modulus posted:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/01/donald-trump-sarah-sanders-take-one-for-the-team-kim-jong-un-wink-book

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Apraxin has issued a correction as of 06:16 on Sep 2, 2020

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Flavius Aetass posted:

I can't even imagine. I think the most complex math i took in college was something like calc 2 lol

lol it's not that

basic statistics is taught in a totally different way than any other math class. it's all about literally looking up values in tables like it's still the 60s. and lots of memorization and if you try to actually conceptually understand things you will fail the class.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

lol it's not that

basic statistics is taught in a totally different way than any other math class. it's all about literally looking up values in tables like it's still the 60s. and lots of memorization and if you try to actually conceptually understand things you will fail the class.

no statics is when you have 10,000 truss members carrying a load on one of them with a torque applied at another part and you have to compute the force and moment on every member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statics

its simpler to understand than calculus but its bigly tedious and tons of bookkeeping and if you make a mistake in the beginning you get it all wrong

and in real life easily solved using a computer in like two seconds

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 06:22 on Sep 2, 2020

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

In what is sure to be the 2nd or 3rd biggest mod scandal of all time, Jose is revealed to be Kim Jong Un

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

50 states

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

that's actually extremely fair

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

lol it's not that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe Trump poisoned Kim Jung Un with a tic-tac

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
not sure this whole "donald trump +corrupt 1%er shitbags + nazis running the country" thing was a mistake

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

starting to have second thoughts about this trump guy's stances on women

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

statics != statistics

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Shear Modulus posted:

weird, it was for me the first time I realized numbers did useful things

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

statics :thunk:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

weird, it was for me the first time I realized numbers did useful things

fake news

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Bilirubin posted: