Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

What an easy mark you are bp :D

I need a posting break. :sweatdrop: My brain is broken from thinking about pigs.

Veeg could I get a probe plz? Like for a day or two?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
finished FF7r, loved it. not enough roche and not enough red xiii though.

this is the first final fantasy I've liked since X, i'm thrilled we'll get more.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't realize there was some legal definition of "sale" that they could run afoul of.

I mean, and lots of other settings I've seen ads that are like "normally $150 but now only $100!" But it will literally never be $150, they just made that up.

Yeah, I don't know how companies in the US (I'm Canadian) handle different state rules and federal rules but in general in both countries there are laws that govern deceptive pricing strategies like that. E.g. sale prices that are effectively the regular price, bait and switch, "up to 80% off!" advertisements when only a tiny fraction of items are discounted that heavily.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why has Captain Tsubasa released to absoultely 0 remark in this thread

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
FF7R was such a feelgood game. It was a nice escape in this POS year

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

BitBasher posted:

I'm not sure what I expected out of Yakuza 0, but holy poo poo this game as a lot of dialogue!

Also I beat the holy crap out of those drunks for no good reason!

Edit: Holy poo poo this main character needs a therapist, I've been in 5 fights just eating Ramen and hanging out with a friend!

Um clearly it was self defense, as Kiryu is literally the nicest man alive (and despite what it looks like when you press triangle during fightrs he has never nor will he ever kill a man). The intro to the third chapter is one of my favorite cutscenes in any video game, so good.

Yeah it’s weird to think FF7R came out this year, it truly is a feel good game, the music is incredible, the localization, that unreal 4 engine Midgar..

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sakurazuka posted:

Here have the same 50 games that are on sale 300 days out of the year instead.

I ain't complainin. It's nice not to have to worry as much whether I should buy something at this very moment. I end up spending less, and buying less stuff I'm unsure of.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Otoh, just make AC Origins $20 permanently. How is it still $60 regular?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BitBasher posted:

I'm not sure what I expected out of Yakuza 0, but holy poo poo this game as a lot of dialogue!

Edit: Holy poo poo this main character needs a therapist, I've been in 5 fights just eating Ramen and hanging out with a friend!

Welcome.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I have played 87 hours of FFVIIR which is pretty insane and I'm not even done with hard mode yet. Just finished chapter 14 on hard.

I wonder if part 2 follows the same linear structure and has a chapter select and hard mode.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Is Oliver and Benji on Italia, Spain and I believe France.

People that play sports games are a special type of gamer that may only buy 1 game/year, so they dont need to share experiences has much than other type of gamers.

I hear the game is in the middle between simulation and arcade and that kinds of confuse some players.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Tei posted:

Is Oliver and Benji on Italia, Spain and I believe France.

People that play sports games are a special type of gamer that may only buy 1 game/year, so they dont need to share experiences has much than other type of gamers.

I hear the game is in the middle between simulation and arcade and that kinds of confuse some players.

I don’t know what cross section of gamers plays anime games and sports games, truly a niche market. Although the batting cages and golf in Yakuza are fun, even that isn’t ‘anime’.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

WaltherFeng posted:

I have played 87 hours of FFVIIR which is pretty insane and I'm not even done with hard mode yet. Just finished chapter 14 on hard.

I wonder if part 2 follows the same linear structure and has a chapter select and hard mode.

If you think about it the original game is pretty linear until, like 70% of the way through, with optional areas being about as prominent as the little sidequest bits in FFVIIR. I'm curious to see if they do an actual old school overworld or just some kinda travel system from place to place.

Also will be curious to see if Fort Condor still loving sucks :waycool:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

From videos it looked like a normal soccer game and not a Captain Tsubasa game. Or am I wrong?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

From videos it looked like a normal soccer game and not a Captain Tsubasa game. Or am I wrong?

It has some QTE's and skills on what seems to be a cooldown of sorts. May be fun to play but hard to justify full price for a lot of people for that kinda game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe a stupid question but the Bayonetta in the Bayonetta and Vanquish pack for the PS4 isn't like the lovely PS3 version is it?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe a stupid question but the Bayonetta in the Bayonetta and Vanquish pack for the PS4 isn't like the lovely PS3 version is it?

Nope. Both games run at a locked 60 fps.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

BitBasher posted:

Ohhh just you wait

The end of the first chapter does a great job of selling you on the rest of the game

the Paper
Aug 12, 2003

SUP GANGSTA BRUTHAS. I BE DA BIGGEST PIMP IN DA HOOD
I hope Death Stranding goes on a sweet sale, I've been itching to play something chill and open world-ish, with vibes similar to Days Gone! Also I feel sad for anyone who pays full price for an AC game, those games are always on sale for 15$ or less. Kind of like paying full price for a 2080 Ti after today.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Got the Steelbook edition of Bayonetta and Vanquish. One blu-ray (you choose wich one you want to install) and both run great at 1080p 60fps on my PS4 slim.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Paper posted:

I hope Death Stranding goes on a sweet sale,

It was on sale in Europe very recently, for like €40. It's also on sale for €25 in CEX now

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Does anyone have Gran Turismo Spec II? Is there a drastic difference from Sport or is it just in-game credits and ten new cars?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Spec 2 is just a rerelease with some extra free stuff

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I bought my copy of death standing for £19.75

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Otoh, just make AC Origins $20 permanently. How is it still $60 regular?

In general, digital stuff rarely gets common sense real price drops like physical does, since they don't have to unload actual merchandise from the shelves and publishers have 100% control. It's probably more lucrative to keep an old game overpriced and wait a bit to regularly put it on sale for the actual price, so they can trick people into thinking they are getting a deal. They probably don't sell that many copies of Origins at this point either way. They could charge 20 for it and barely sell any copies, or 60 for it and barely sell any copies. If they charge 60 they can still put it on sale for $20 and make people think they are saving $40. If they drop it to 20 they are going to have to reduce it to >$10 to make it seem like a remotely sexy buy.

This is just another one of the many reasons why physical copies are good. It's a market that sorts itself out while digital just lets publishers gently caress around and play mind games with you. You could just go buy a brand new copy of it for 17 bux at gamestop tomorrow or get it for even cheaper than that used there, on ebay or wherever. Not to mention you can resell it, lend it out, chuck it across the room like frisbee, and store it locally, so you don't have to waste 100 gig dl if you want to reinstall and have a data cap....

Sorry most of that isn't directed at your post, I am just rambling, but people begging for an all digital future are nuts. It's like begging to lose the tiny bit of power you still have as a consumer because you don't want to take 4 seconds to swap a disc out.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Sep 2, 2020

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, but I really don't want to swap the disc out, is the thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even if swapping a disc out is that big a deal to you, you should champion physical copies, because they are the basically the only thing keeping a baseline price in play for games instead of it being some calculated mind game of when publishers should run sales. At the end of the day you can still go and buy a disc for what it's actually worth and publishers know that, even if they hope you don't.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

the Paper posted:

I hope Death Stranding goes on a sweet sale, I've been itching to play something chill and open world-ish, with vibes similar to Days Gone! Also I feel sad for anyone who pays full price for an AC game, those games are always on sale for 15$ or less. Kind of like paying full price for a 2080 Ti after today.

I don't know how sweet you wanted your sale to be, but you can pick up Death Stranding brand new on Amazon for £20.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wolfsheim posted:

Also will be curious to see if Fort Condor still loving sucks :waycool:

It'll be the battle royal multiplayer mode

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
If you want deals just sign up on PSPrices.com and set up alerts for any time the price drops on a game you want. There are SO many games that you can always wait around and get a bunch of good ones any time of the year

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

this lockdown better end soon I’m thinking about buying destiny 2 and getting into it again

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

this lockdown better end soon I’m thinking about buying destiny 2 and getting into it again

jesus christ dont

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goblin week posted:

jesus christ dont

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

thinking about picking up a new gunpants and feeling my Brain leak out of my ears while some npc tells me I’m the best DestinymanThe Incredible Hulk they’ve ever seen

e: alright you guys are right but I’ve seen that the avengers comes out soon so I’ve amended my post

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Wow SFV sucks.

The models are ugly

The art direction is aimless and all over the place

There seem to be missing sound effects

There’s sponsored content slots everywhere which looks greedy

But no sponsored content which looks pathetic

I beat the game in my first sitting, only losing once to Bison before beating him in the second try

I’m not feeling like I have to engage with any of the new mechanics to win

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 2, 2020

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

...Fighting games are for playing other people.

Turn the difficulty up if you want the AI to shittily read your inputs more.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
That only addresses two of my gripes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah SFV is bad it was just bizarre hearing complaints about the single player which I forgot existed lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
SFV is good provided the following caveats:

1) You do not play many fighting games, like me and Lady VG
2) You sit next to Lady VG on the couch so you are within fall around in laughter as we play poorly
3) Both of you being so bad means that the matches are pretty even and the win percentage is small enough to not matter to anyone
4) This is pretty much it.

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Imhotep posted:

I don’t know what cross section of gamers plays anime games and sports games, truly a niche market. Although the batting cages and golf in Yakuza are fun, even that isn’t ‘anime’.

Oliver and Benji are absolutely HUGE here on Spain - among millenials that are now the group of people young enough to still play videogames and old enough to have disposable income