Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

There are a lot of films that would benefit by ending the same way Remember Me ends.

that movie where denzel plays an alcoholic pilot, but the turbulence is caused by a sudden space-time rift that sends him ten years into the past and a thousand miles north, to downtown new york city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Can't wait to see Tenet, but also don't want to die from catching a virus in a movie theater of all places. Looking forward to seeing that movie digitally in hopefully a month or so. Same for Dune (first official trailer is next week!).

I saw it Monday night in the 21+ section knowing I would literally be the only person there and I was! But you should wait for digital so you can turn on subtitles because half the film is unintelligible and that's not an exaggeration.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wahhh? Tenet was fine audibly

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

al-azad posted:

I saw it Monday night in the 21+ section knowing I would literally be the only person there and I was! But you should wait for digital so you can turn on subtitles because half the film is unintelligible and that's not an exaggeration.

You should have your ears checked for... tenettus. :rimshot:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHzzy6T9to

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stev posted:

You should have your ears checked for... tenettus. :rimshot:

Solid

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Wahhh? Tenet was fine audibly

If by fine you mean chest rattling music drowning out important dialog, then yeah sure. My favorite bit is three people huddling together calmly discussing their Ocean's 11 heist plan while the music goes BWAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sorry your cinema had a poo poo speaker setup :shrug:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Inf the thunder cuties tag is very nice

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle posted:

that movie where denzel plays an alcoholic pilot, but the turbulence is caused by a sudden space-time rift that sends him ten years into the past and a thousand miles north, to downtown new york city

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah there's new gangtags up for grabs in the WoW subforum.

Only downside is I had to give up Fisttag due to having a longav :negative:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is there a way to keep track of what all the gang tags mean or do you have to absorb them through Organic Forum Lore

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Sorry your cinema had a poo poo speaker setup :shrug:

Naw, Nolan just has very specific tastes in audio mixing (and probably superhuman hearing) and there are more articles in the 2 or so days since the theatrical release defending/criticizing his choices than there are discussions of the actual film.

Another "great" scene is the villain monologing over a microphone but in the reverse-time world of the film all audio is muffled and set against a weird gale force wind ambient sound so imagine trying to hear someone yelling at you in a hurricane, it's nuts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Get back to me when we have Wiz101 tags

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

haveblue posted:

Is there a way to keep track of what all the gang tags mean or do you have to absorb them through Organic Forum Lore

the saclopedia for gangs has a bunch of them iirc

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

queer illuminati hits different these days

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Audio mixing has been an art lost for decades now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm starting to get hyped for genshin impact, gacha gamers rise up

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Interested in seeing what a multiplayer f2p BotW is like but I'll probably be too busy playing anime mech highschool.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Yeah there's new gangtags up for grabs in the WoW subforum.

Only downside is I had to give up Fisttag due to having a longav :negative:

is shadowlands even going to be any good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

It's such a pretty looking game.

al-azad posted:

Interested in seeing what a multiplayer f2p BotW is like but I'll probably be too busy playing anime mech highschool.

Go on, you have my interest and I don't know what this game is.... :thunk:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish it was just like, a normal game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

wish i liked that movie more

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Xenoblade 2 had all the gacha I needed to convince myself to never give a gacha game money

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

It's such a pretty looking game.

Go on, you have my interest and I don't know what this game is.... :thunk:

Anime mech highschool? 13 Sentinels coming out end of the month.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dark Knight Rises was ruined by the Bane redub that makes him intelligible but also sound like he's in a completely different room.

I'll watch Tenet when it comes to Fortnite f/ a giant Travis Scott

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Release the #FortniteCut

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Audio mixing has been an art lost for decades now.

this is true for example all podcasts ever made cannot figure out the strange technology of "compression" so all the talking is always extremely quiet but all musical bits are full volume

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Weedle posted:

i had to look it up to see it again and i forgot how long they hold the shot. absolutely incredible cinema

i was watching this with people who were very into it unironically and i had to not laugh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have an interest in watching people talk about vtubers but i have no interest in actually watching vtubers

does that qualify as 'let's let's play'

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

i have an interest in watching people talk about vtubers but i have no interest in actually watching vtubers

does that qualify as 'let's let's play'

I think that's just called a podcast.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

Can't wait to see Tenet, but also don't want to die from catching a virus in a movie theater of all places. Looking forward to seeing that movie digitally in hopefully a month or so. Same for Dune (first official trailer is next week!).

Same

:pray: God I hope Dune isn't poo poo. I don't need it to be perfect, just don't be poo poo.

I already like the Lynch film and the SciFi miniseries, so if you're gonna do Dune you gotta do it right. But it looks good so far...

As does Tenet. Both look great. But gently caress movie theaters right now.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

christopher nolan was insanely good for the first ten years of his career and then inception and the dark knight rises were so bad that it was hard to believe it was the same guy. i'm still not totally convinced he didn't just secretly delegate the entire operation to his brother for like five years

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Weedle posted:

christopher nolan was insanely good for the first ten years of his career and then inception and the dark knight rises were so bad that it was hard to believe it was the same guy. i'm still not totally convinced he didn't just secretly delegate the entire operation to his brother for like five years

Nah he just banged those out so the studio would give him money and let him make Inception and Tenet

I think he's kinda overrated but half-assing some superhero films so the studio will get off your back and let you do whatever you want sounds pretty smart to me

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zaphod42 posted:

Same

:pray: God I hope Dune isn't poo poo. I don't need it to be perfect, just don't be poo poo.

I already like the Lynch film and the SciFi miniseries, so if you're gonna do Dune you gotta do it right. But it looks good so far...

As does Tenet. Both look great. But gently caress movie theaters right now.

After Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 I'm pretty confident it'll be great. Or at the very least an audiovisual masterpiece.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

I'd rather stay sitting

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Inception was good but the reactions I've read to Tenet seem to be saying he forgot that really complicated narrative gimmickry still has to be wrapped around a compelling story to be worthwhile

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

stev posted:

After Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 I'm pretty confident it'll be great. Or at the very least an audiovisual masterpiece.

There's a lot about Dune that works best as a novel and is very hard to adapt, (Hence the Lynch film having like 30 minutes of voiceover internal monologue) so I'm still concerned, plus in the age of post Game of Thrones you always worry about how they may butcher the story completely or change the ending.

Splitting it into 2 movies is a bold move and should help a lot, (and I'm sure the studio liked the idea of getting two paychecks) I have no idea where they're gonna end the first film... its gonna be a real Empire Strikes Back downer ending, but that could be good.

Villeneuve is probably the best man for the job. So yeah, if nothing else it'll be an audiovisual masterpiece.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Weedle posted:

You seem to be in a firm minority on that opinion. I can't say much. I haven't particularly loved any Nolan film because I have no taste anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
It's more like the other way around, his brother is clearly the more creative and better of the two. His solo written projects are solidly not as good as the stuff his brother took point on.

Case in point, Inception.