Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Superterranean posted:

hmm. splinter gonna take a hit or 3. scurry forward to F1, stab and stun Corpse 6, take the spirit hits on the chin, and coldfire stuns both corpses and the elite spirit next turn?

There's a decent chance that the corpse could be dead by the end of Ash's rampage, so I vote to stun the elite spirit. Agreed otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Old Dun Cow posted:

There's a decent chance that the corpse could be dead by the end of Ash's rampage, so I vote to stun the elite spirit. Agreed otherwise.

I'm certainly OK with that plan. Let's stun the elite spirit instead.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

OH yes i'm going to rampage on the corpse 6.

so ash will go to d1, and i'm dropping the top of vicious ally for damage boost and using my loss card for an 8 damage swing on focused aggression.

and then popping my other stamina potion to regain energizing strike and forceful swipe.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Sorry I'm not voting on Splinter stuff; I'll try and be more active. I think I'm controlling a dude either next scenario or two from now, so I was trying to be more hands-off. (Plus I generally agree with the proposed moves for our DPS rat)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

FairGame posted:

Sorry I'm not voting on Splinter stuff; I'll try and be more active. I think I'm controlling a dude either next scenario or two from now, so I was trying to be more hands-off. (Plus I generally agree with the proposed moves for our DPS rat)

the more the merrier, when it comes to threadrat, IMO! even if you agree, posting to say so helps us feel not so alone

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Superterranean posted:

the more the merrier, when it comes to threadrat, IMO! even if you agree, posting to say so helps us feel not so alone

This

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Superterranean posted:

Thirding this :)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Fwiw i think it's worthwhile for other players to chime in with threadrat plans too, but maybe I'll feel differently about that if/when I'm playing one of the others.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Decaying Crypt, Round 9B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

*8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves2 to F1. Attacks Living Corpse 6 for 3 (1base, +0mod +2bonus) damage!
Living Corpse 6 is at 7 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Living Spirit 1(E) for 0 (1base, +2ICE mod, SHIELD3) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Spirit 1(E) is at 4 HP and is STUNNED!
ICE is now strong.

31. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (AtomikKrab) posted:

Pikachu discards Vicious Ally! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Living Corpse 6! Moves3 to D1. Attacks Living Corpse 6 for 6 (2base, +1mod, +3bonus) damage!
Living Corpse 6 is at 1 HP.
- Pikachu uses Focused Aggression (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Living Corpse 6 for 8 (5base, +0mod, +3bonus) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Living Corpse 6 is very, very dead!
EARTH is now strong.

:tbear::gibs:

48. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 1(E) focuses Master Splinter! Loses STUNNED token.
- Living Spirit 3 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 15 HP.
- Living Spirit 6 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 2 (3base, -1mod) damage.
Ash is at 13 HP.

66. Living Corpses posted:

- Living Corpse 2 focuses Master Splinter! Moves1 to D2.

80. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

- Mystic Ally focuses Living Spirit 1(E)! Moves2 to F2.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Reviving Ether (bot)! Jumps4 to E1.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Fire Orbs (top)! Activates Eagle-eye Goggles and Piercing Bow! Attacks Living Spirit 1(E) with ADVANTAGE for 6 (3base, x2mod/-1, SHIELD3, PIERCE3) damage! Attacks Living Spirit 6 with ADVANTAGE for 0 (3base, NULL CURSE/NULL CURSEmod, SHIELD2, PIERCE2) damage! Attacks Living Corpse 2 with ADVANTAGE for 4 (3base, +1/-1mod) damage! Gains 3XP. LOSS card!
2 CURSE cards removed from the deck.
Living Spirit 1(E) is killed!
Living Corpse 2 is at 6 HP.
FIRE is now strong.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse's deck is shuffled.
- ICE is now waning.
- EARTH is now waning.
- FIRE is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nothing is stacked up so :shrug:. I can eat fire just fine with some other cards, if we don't need my CC

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Missed my small stamina potion use there TIG.

anyway i'll be mauling and then short resting this turn.

Please direct fire down range at the far spirit if possible.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Missed my small stamina potion use there TIG.

In my defense, it wasn't in the PM :v:

Fixing this for before the start of next Round!

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Splinter could Corrupting Embrace through corpse2 to C3 (thereby adding a little oomph to Ash's mauling) and then Frigid Apparition the spirit, consuming ice to stun it and maybe even get through its shield a teensy bit

Ideally, I'd like to be in a position to use Scurry to loot in 2 turns, to grab the chest if nothing else - unless we're going to end before then, in which case we'd need to short rest this turn to get Scurry back.

e: the alternative would be to Corrupting to the treasure tile (H2) this turn, using Hostile Takeover or Mass Hysteria to take a potshot or two, while resting for Scurry and then next turn grab Every Coin In Existence

Superterranean fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 1, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Get the chest now, depending on how the mauling goes everything might be dead this turn.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Can we retroactively short rest to get Scurry back? I think that's the optimal move given the impending end of the scenario. If Splinter hits the spirit with Frigid Apparition I would bet that the scenario ends this turn.

If we can recover scurry: jump to chest and loot 2

Strike that, we don't have a top move besides scurry. I say we move down and attack the corpse at range from the chest then loot 2 next turn.

Voting Hostile Takeover, Corrupting Embrace 09

Old Dun Cow fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 1, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

OK then. I suggest Splinter use Corrupting Embrace and Mass Hysteria, at MH's initiative (12). Jump 4 to the treasure tile, passing through the corpse to poison it, then MH everything.

At end of round, short rest and protect Scurry, with the intention of using it as fast as possible next round to BOOM loot the room.

e: ^^^I'm ok with the other ranged attack too, it's really whatever

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Agreed with rat orders. Had a moment in my home game (RIP getting together in person) where two characters both rolled crits and ended the scenario before we were ready, and there's nothing worse than leaving a treasure on the map.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I prefer mass hysteria in this case

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I can loot the chest next turn if need be, as long as we don't kill everything. Hold back on the mauling if all spirits are somehow dead.

Going fast and leaving ice to Splinter.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Awaiting clarification from one player :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Round 10A

- Pikachu uses Minor Stamina Potion to regain Maul and Vicious Ally.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand3, Discarded1, Active0, Lost4) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Forked Beam.
(Hand3, Discarded1, Active0, Lost4)

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"

"FORKED BEAM (20) [Lvl4]
TOP: ATK2, Range3, Target2 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4"
Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded2, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 12 with Mass Hysteria and Corrupting Embrace.

12. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"MASS HYSTERIA (12) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK1, Range4, Target4 - MUDDLE - Generate ICE - XP1
BOT: Persistent Bonus: you may have 2 Augments active at once. If a third Augment is played, discard one of the others "

"CORRUPTING EMBRACE (39) [Lvl6]
TOP: ATK1, POISON - ATK1, MUDDLE
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - POISON, Target all enemies moved through - Generate DARK."
Pikachu (Hand4, Discarded3, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Vicious Ally.

14. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"VICIOUS ALLY (86) [Lvl3]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Summon Swamp Alligator (HP5, MOVE2, ATK3, IMMOBILIZE) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2, Target2 - XP1"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ok so the bear should go to C2 and i'll forgo the top of maul to double swing

If lina potshots spirit 3 with a manabolt or even just goes and loots we won't end this turn but next.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I don't think we can do anything about spirit 3. I'll ping the other one and loot the chest.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

I thought the plan was for Splinter to get the chest. I mean, whatever, as long as someone gets it, Splinter can just move to wherever gets the most coins on a loot2 next turn.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah, that's the way I saw it going too. Splinter can still jump to J2 for the loot next turn but we'll have to shoot everything first and we won't poison the corpse on the way by.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Voting: if Lina moves to the treasure chest, fire off the three ranged attacks, then jump to J2. If the treasure tile is empty, jump through the corpse and poison it then shoot the enemies. Short rest to recover Scurry.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

Voting: if Lina moves to the treasure chest, fire off the three ranged attacks, then jump to J2. If the treasure tile is empty, jump through the corpse and poison it then shoot the enemies. Short rest to recover Scurry.

Concur

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Round 10B

- None!

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (top)! Consumes EARTH. Attacks Living Spirit 6 for 0 (3base, -2mod, SHIELD2) damage! Gains 1XP.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Forked Beam (bot)! Moves4 to H2.
Lina Megumin Inverse uses Major Stamina Potion, recovers Reviving Ether, Mana Bolt and Forked Beam.
Lina Megumin Inverse executes end of turn looting! Loots Treasure Chest 50!

Our SW is probably the best carrier for this item, since she doesn't own a piece of Body armor yet and her deck still has three -1s. If Splinter were to loot this, she would have had to sell it for someone else to be able to use it!

12. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Mass Hysteria (top)! Attacks Living Corpse 2 for 3 (1base, +2'mod) damage! Attacks Living Spirit 3 for 1 (1base, +2'mod, SHIELD2) damage! Attacks Living Spirit 6 for 0 (1base, +1mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Living Corpse 2 is at 3 HP and is MUDDLED!
Living Spirit 3 is at 2 HP and is MUDDLED!
Living Spirit 6 is at 3 HP and is MUDDLED!
ICE is now strong.
DARK is now strong.
- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Corrupting Embrace

Pikachu discards Maul! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Living Spirit 6! Moves1 to C2. Attacks Living Spirit 6 for 3 (2base, +0mod, +3bonus, SHIELD2) damage!
Living Spirit 6 is killed!
- Pikachu uses Vicious Ally (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Living Corpse 2 for 6 (2base, +1mod, +3bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Corpse 2 is killed!
- Pikachu executes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Energizing Strike

33. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 3 focuses Ash! Flies2 to E3. Attacks Ash with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (2base, +1/x2mod) damage. Attacks Lina Megumin Inverse with DISADVANTAGE for 2 (2base, +0/+1mod) damage. Attacks Master Splinter with DISADVANTAGE for 0 (2base, NULL/-2mod) damage.
Ash the Bear is at 10 HP.
Lina Megumin Inverse is at 7 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- The Monsters's deck is shuffled!
- ICE is now waning.
- DARK is now waning.

Next Round is most likely going to be the last one, BUT: I'm going to leave tonight for a couple of days and I won't be back before Sunday evening...so updates will resume next Monday, September 7th!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST on Sunday:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 3, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Its murder of the clock for the bear. do your looting folks

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Splinter's gonna scurry bottom, which is a loot2. Does Lina have a big move to go stand on some other coins?

also, I'm glad it worked out to have Lina get second skin :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

No but I've got a loot 2.

I'll go slow and split the coins.

E: step A and B orders in because come on, do we need the split this particular turn?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 3, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

E: step A and B orders in because come on, do we need the split this particular turn?

No it's enough for you to provide your card selection, initiative and general intention :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think we all turned it in. Somene post some rat intention and lets wrap up this slaughterfest :tbear:

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Brain Leech top is the best XP option for Splinter but will probably kill the spirit. So my vote is Scurry bottom for Loot 2 then Brain Leech top if no one is expecting to get XP from attacking the spirit, Mass Hysteria top if they are. Initiative 20.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'll see if I can get the final update in today, it would leave 3 days for people in to vote on the City/Next Scenario/eventual level ups.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Old Dun Cow posted:

Brain Leech top is the best XP option for Splinter but will probably kill the spirit. So my vote is Scurry bottom for Loot 2 then Brain Leech top if no one is expecting to get XP from attacking the spirit, Mass Hysteria top if they are. Initiative 20.

Don't include Lina in these considerations, I have a backup attack in case everyone misses that happens to generate xp.

Apart from this, looks good to me.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

If I don't crush the spirit on the first blow my second will generate exp but the overall goal is the spirit dies and the players loot all the coins they can.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Decaying Crypt, Conclusion

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Pikachu (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 14 with Maul and Vicious Ally.

code:
"MAUL (14) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK4
BOT: MOVE3 - Round Bonus: SHIELD1, affect one adjacent Ally."

"VICIOUS ALLY (86) [Lvl3]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Summon Swamp Alligator (HP5, MOVE2, ATK3, IMMOBILIZE) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: COMMAND - ATK2, Target2 - XP1"
Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Mass Hysteria.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"MASS HYSTERIA (12) [Lvl5]
TOP: ATK1, Range4, Target4 - MUDDLE - Generate ICE - XP1
BOT: Persistent Bonus: you may have 2 Augments active at once. If a third Augment is played, discard one of the others "
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand4, Discarded0, Active0, Lost4) is acting at initiative 67 with Cold Fire and Mana Bolt.
(Hand4, Discarded0, Active0, Lost4)

67. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

code:
"COLD FIRE (67) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK1, Range3, see Template - Consume FIRE, +2ATK - Consume ICE, STUN
BOT: LOOT2 - LOSS"

"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"

Pikachu discards Maul! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Living Spirit 3! Moves1 to D2. Attacks Living Spirit 3 for 3 (2base, +0mod, +3bonus, SHIELD2) damage!
Living Spirit 3 is killed!
- Pikachu uses Vicious Ally (bot)! No action taken!

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (The GoonMind) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (bot)! LOOT2 and loots 5 coin tokens!
- Master Splinter uses Mass Hysteria (top)! No action taken!

67. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (Omobono) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Cold Fire (bot)! LOOT2 and loots 3 coin tokens!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (top)!

Scenario Ends!

Conclusion posted:

After the terrible shrieks and moans of the undead, the sound of someone clapping is at once foreign and alarming. Turning around, you see a hooded figure standing at the edge of your torchlight. You raise your weapon, but the grin on his silhouetted face isn’t menacing in a way that calls for arms. It is menacing in a way you’ve never experienced before.

“Well done, sirs,” the figure lilts. “My, my, but you do have a way about you, don’t you?” And you’ve certainly gotten our attention now, removing this troublesome crypt of its rogue undead element. We very much prefer our undead to be the controllable variety, now don’t we?” There is a long pause as the figure stares at you, still grinning. “Well, perhaps you’d be so kind as to do us another favor? After which we’ll be mostly settled on the whole issue of you murdering some of my brethren.” He stops grinning. “There’s a necromancer in Gloomhaven. Been giving us a spot of trouble, sending mercenaries out to do her dirty work against us.

Maybe you’ve met her. “Kill Jekserah. Bring her head to our headquarters, and we’ll see about letting you live.” (8)
Looks like someone has not being paying attention to who's ruling Gloomhaven for a bit, or who has helped her gaining control :v:

Rewards posted:

New Locations
- Gloomhaven Warehouse (8)
Scenario Rewards
- 5gold each.
Party Achievements
- Jekserah’s Plans
- Dark Bounty
Victory Rewards
+10XP each
We would unlock Scenario 8 here, but that path has become blocked for us when we decided to side with Jekserah. There are a couple of instances in the main story when the non-linear progression of the campaign shows it's limits. If we either decided to side with the Military junta that used to rule the city or to do as the cultists are asking us SPOILER FOR ALTERNATE CAMPAIGN PROGRESSION we would have found out that Jekserah had a warehouse full of undead minions - the very one we assisted in taking over the city. Jekserah would have escaped to a secret location. We would then have been able to track her down and put her down once and for all.

Battle Goals posted:

These are the Battle Goals that have been picked by our players for Scenario 6.
- Master Splinter: Stalwart: Never leave a hex adjacent to a monster. The GoonMind has NOT managed to accomplish the Battle Goal!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: Marksman: Kill a monster three or more hexes away from you. Omobono has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +1 Checkmark.
- Pikachu : Limping: Move using only basic move actions. AtomikKrab has managed to accomplish the Battle Goal! BG Completed, +2 Checkmark. +1 PERK!
Limping would be a difficult battle goal for most heroes - not for Pikachu, though!

Final Stats posted:

Final stats after Scenario 6are as follows:

Each coin token at Scenario level=3 is worth 3 gold. Updated $$$ and XP for our party are as follows:
- Master Splinter: +17XP. (New Total 324XP) and +23 gold (New Total 43 gold).
- Lina Megumin Inverse: +18XP. (New Total 211XP) and +20 gold (New Total 47 gold). Lina Megumin Inverse has enough experience to advance to Level 5!
- Pikachu : +21XP. (New Total 275XP) and +11 gold (New Total 38 gold). Pikachu has enough experience to advance to Level 6!
Both our SW and our MT have juuuust enough XP for the next level! Also, this is where I realize that somehow no one has casted a vote for the lvl5 level up card selection for Pikachu :v: So he will actually unlock 2 new cards, one up to lvl5 and one up to lvl6.

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Master Splinter: None!
- Lina Megumin Inverse: None!
- Pikachu : None!
Updated Sheets

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 71 posted:

We are going to take things a step further this time, since I won't be able to update for a few days...Let's discuss where our party should head to next!
Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- We have discovered a portal to a mysterious Plane of Elemental Power. We may want to ask Hail for help closing it before something bad happens and brave the Forgotten Crypt (19). This is a Lingering Swamp Scenario and it qualifies for our Mindthief's Personal Quest.

- Or maybe we just want to jump through the portal and see what the Plane of Elemental Power (10) is about?

- The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

- We may want to go back down the Mountain and investigate this...voice in the Echo Chamber (24) before leaving.

- We can longer follow the Drake's Request (since we have killed it); so we can't access the Savvas Armory (33) at the moment...but if we were to follow the voice in the Echo Chamber, perhaps?

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- If we want to do the same but take the long way to get there, we could venture down into the Deep Ruins (23).

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 15 posted:

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 6!
2) City Event outcome, A or B!
3) Lina Megumin Inverse: NEW CARD and NEW PERK. The perk list can be found in her character's sheet just above and the cards available to her are:

4) Pikachu : NEW CARDS(2) and NEW PERKS(2). The list can be found in his character's sheet just above and the cards available to him are (remember that you can only pick one of the level 6 cards!):

5) Road Event outcome, A or B!
6) Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, please if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who! If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.
7) Difficulty Increase: with the Goonmind controlling one of our characters directly, 1/3 of our plans are always know to the rest of the team. Plus we have an OP bear and we are smashing non-side content We may want to consider increasing the difficulty level to adjust the challenge; in the default rules, if every player is openly discussing their plans during "Step A", the suggested adjustment is to play at 1 higher Scenario level than normal. SO A) I want to play at Party lvl+1 B) I'd like to keep things as they are or C) What is this, a dungeon crawler for babbys? Like A, but without increased rewards (same rewards as Party lvl+0).

A big thank you to everyone voting itt and to our players, Omobono and AtomikKrab! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to dwarf74 and Kobal2 to let them know they're up next! FairGame is the first sub. The Goonmind is going to control our Spellweaver during the next Scenario.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 3, 2020

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Oh hey ! It's been a while since I last checked the thread, I have soooo much catching up to do.

Until then :

2) B. We can breathe water right ?
4) BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD HUNGRY GOD (Blood Hunger for the level 6 pick). Bottom attack and heal AND XP ? I mean it should really come with curse and a move and also refresh 5 cards but it'll do I guess. Add 2 +1 Wound cards because that helps deal with armour better than the +2s.
5) B. No archers.

Will get back to you on the starting hand when we have a scenario picked out, but in the meantime, I see 2Minis is lvl 6 but doesn't have any lvl 4 or 5 cards on the Excel sheet, can someone fill me in on what fuckery y'all goons got up to while I wasn't looking ?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I stand ready!

1) MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 6! No vote; sorry, I didn't watch closely this time. :(
2) City Event outcome, A or B! A, It may be trying to tell us Timmy is trapped in the well again.
3) Lina Megumin Inverse: NEW CARD and NEW PERK. Engulfed in Flames, and the other +2 Ice since we have reliable fire now
4) Pikachu : NEW CARDS(2) and NEW PERKS(2). The list can be found in his character's sheet just above and the cards available to him are (remember that you can only pick one of the level 6 cards!): Blood Hunger and Rampage; Replace +0 with +2 x2
5) Road Event outcome, A or B! I never interact with birds or berries, ignore it (B)
6) Saving for enhancements on beartyrant
7) Please increase the difficulty, we've been steamrolling stuff.