Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
that's fantastic, wonder if it's an interesting read or not.

finally got an order in from darts corner after (understandibly, right now) the postal service being a bit of a mess, got some dark thunders and what a dart! i hadn't had a straight ringed barrel up until now and its amazing how nice it releases, second day of throwing had my first ever 60+ average leg, which was a huge encouraging sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Leg! I've switched away from my straight ring pentathlons back to my target Azzurris. I'm still not quite where I should be but things are looking up. I have the bulbous Elite 95 Designas coming. Feels like a lot longer ago but I just checked and order only went in 3 weeks ago. Oh dear

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Ughhh, i'm missing proper televised darts. These PDC games at home are fun but they're not the same.

On the plus side my boy Durrant has probably been at the top of the Premier League for a record amount of time now :D

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I really miss the actual live darts, sports in general. Wonder they haven't tried to put off a players championship or something

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Dart board is back up. Hurray! What I dont understand is how I can get 140, then 125 and spend the rest of leg struggling to get 20.

Or

Get a t19 d18 to go out one leg, then the next spend 15-20 darts trying to hit a double.

I would like to trade moments if clarity for a more dependable mediocrity.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Darts is worse than poker for being in your head. Anybody can throw a dart, anybody can throw a 180. Doing it consecutively or with any consistency is the hard part. I started in fall 2017 in a league with maybe a ~40 average. By the end of the season I was having nights where I might average ~54 for the night. I was practicing daily by then, by the start of next season I broke out with a ~60 and stayed there. At home I began to have matches against the computer where I'd go over 70, sometimes near 80 but fall apart on doubles. Then all of a sudden last summer, everything went to hell and in recent months I've struggled to maintain my 60 average. The aforementioned switch in darts (dont be like me) has helped but as I said, I'm still not where I should be.

The league I used to play in was a team league, singles suits me much better. I played in a league last year that I should have won but faltered in the playoffs. I moved up to the top level league locally this year and I wasn't challenging for first place this time but I was winning a few games, including a tie against the leagues top player who was 15-0 prior to our match with nearly a 75 average. That felt good. Thankfully I was doing better in real matches than practicing at home, but since this all came in and our league went on hiatus my game has gone to poo poo. But things are looking up. I think I practice too much. I hardly ever miss a day. I had a similar thing with guitar where I made it a point to practice every day. Then suddenly I missed a few and felt like I benefitted because of it. I'm not being so militant now about going to the oche every day.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I've got an iPad Pro and a decent android phone, is it possible to darts online with just those?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Like, you wanna throw one at the other or you want to keep score while throwing darts at a board?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I want to play darts online against other people.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Webcam darts is what you're looking for, you can use tablet cameras but it's going to be tricky. There are other sites that don't rely on imaging so you have to be prepared for cheaters, like the time a guy averaging 45 took out 170 in the deciding leg. There's also the Russ Bray (paid) app, same concept, no video. Also there's Dartconnect but they have no matchmaking. N01 is another I think? You have options.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Premier League is back on BBC America, Sundays at 9am.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Darts is never gonna catch on big over here when its fuckin weeks behind in broadcasting. Or months.

I cant believe whats transpired in this PL. Durrant at the top? Makes no sense. MvG still isn't right.

Had one of my best practice games ever last night, 8-4 win with a 72 average, but I could have pushed 80 if I didn't fudge up so many doubles. 148 and 116 finishes, 2 180s and a 174, 9 140s 13 tons, I was feeling it. Just after affixing new shafts and flights to my darts. Loving the new Vincent van der Voort darts from Winmau

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

codo27 posted:

Darts is never gonna catch on big over here when its fuckin weeks behind in broadcasting. Or months.

Agreed. I don't see why the BBC insists on delaying the broadcasts. Hell, I watch F1 and cricket live. I'd make the same time sacrifice for darts and I imagine I'm not alone in that. Especially right now when time has no real meaning, it'd be an ideal chance to create a foothold in the US.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

It sucks/is great cause the PL comes on at 3 for me locally, so I'm still at work. I'm usually winding down for the day then anyway, but sucks if I'm busy or the match I wanna watch is on while I'm driving home from work.

Tons of fun when the players championships are on and it starts like 730AM for me.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Euros have sure been interesting so far. Standard seems to be rising again. Tired of these averages making me feel like I could jump in there already

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I did it! :toot:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I used to count every one I hit. Lately it's normal to have 4-6 a day. Key is to keep everything the same every time you throw

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

peter wright :(

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Excellent I love it. Fluke winners get what they deserve

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Rough to see Baggish go down like that. Durrant looked to be losing the plot near the end but just managed to eke it out. Danny will be back.

Also, anyone know what Anderson was having a cry about? Something about the tables? I missed most of his match against Mensur.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I didn't watch but I figured Danny would have a chance seeing Durrant used up all his Cinderella dust in the PL and has been playing trash since. Gary was just lamenting what an awful standard their game was played at. Happy for big Vince and hope he can win another one

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Live The Darts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liS_gvq8qc0

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

price v bunting was a really good match.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I regret paying for the PDCtv script right now. Dave chisnall? What the gently caress is that? Ffs

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

price stumbled over the line eventually.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've grown quite tired of van Gerwen talking and not delivering, so hopefully this is the reality check he needs to get back into form. I still think theres trouble at home or something, which there ought to be given the pro darter lifestyle combined with two young children at home.

Still say the order of merit system needs to be revamped though. Needs to be a points system.

KTS
Jun 22, 2004

I wax my rocket every day!
I know it's bit of a dead thread but I dove headfirst into darts the past week and would love any beginner advice there is. Never played darts before or even watched darts but bought myself a a Gran Board 3s soft tip board, a few sets of cheap brass darts and some nicer tungsten darts that I'm now waiting on to arrive. I hung the board this weekend and have been playing a bit to get the feel but would love some tips/videos/guides etc for where to begin, practice aiming and throwing. So far I've been doing some 301 games and some count up games to try and practice but any help would be awesome. If anyone else has the Gran Board as well and wants to help me out in an actual game online that would be cool too

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Forget about 301 it's a waste of time. No reason not to do the whole 501. I'm not into soft tip, I'm all steel tip but throwing principles remain the same. Only part of your body that should be moving is your forearm. "It's all in the wrist" applies here as when you are bringing the dart back, you'll want to pull it back into your hand with your fingers for an added propulsion when you release. Arm should follow through towards your target every time.
Wayne mardle, Bobby George, van Barneveld all have some videos on YouTube that will help if you look them up. Eradicate the bad habits now

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

THE DARTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPqQ2WTx94o

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Pretty lovely for Price to have to sit out. The less Wade we have to see the better.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Any good ways to watch the World Championships and Premier League? I know people will run streams on YouTube, but is PDC.tv a cheaper alternative to DAZN in the US?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

That depends on how much DAZN is. I have PDCTV. Its not very strict about multiple people being logged in at once, so if you can scrounge up another darts fan you can probably split a subscription. I know of a couple people who do it.

Disappointed there were no upsets tonight, really thought Price was in trouble for a sec and likewise thought Campbell was going to get the edge.

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019
For all who don't follow it closely:
3 players tested positive so far, all Dutchies :geert:
RvB was already out, so no major consequences; for the tournament at least (hope he's ok)
van der Voort and now MVG:stare: have to give up their matches w/o

Well done, Plague Island :bravo:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah the tournament is now void in my eyes. It needs to be halted immediately. Reflects very poorly on Matt Porter and the PDC that they seem to care more about selling tickets than the safety of players and integrity of the games.

I'm setting a personal goal to be ready for Q school, not January coming but 2023. Haven't ruled out trying CDC events in 2022 to see if I could qualify. I need to face better competition.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Spin And Speed posted:

For all who don't follow it closely:
3 players tested positive so far, all Dutchies :geert:
RvB was already out, so no major consequences; for the tournament at least (hope he's ok)
van der Voort and now MVG:stare: have to give up their matches w/o

Well done, Plague Island :bravo:

dave chisnall too now.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

For all the hype over Michael Smith, guys like Price and Clayton have come out of nowhere, blown him away and actually won things. It would do him well for the hype to go away. His head's not right to be able to achieve anything anyway as it stands.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

James Wade looking real good lately; peaking at the right time.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I guess anything can happen especially in this meaningless null and void edition of the Worlds, but c'mon. Winner now is almost certainly out of the Scots as Smith will find a way to bottle it

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

what a performance from wright from 5-4 and two legs down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Oh boy look at my prediction. I thought Smith might win as this is an asterisk year that doesn't matter but he couldn't even do that. Awful final

This was the worst tournament since the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs