Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/status/1300902542906253312?s=19

No one's spending a first to extend a RB when Fournette and Freeman are free. Nick Underhill reports negotiations are two million apart, so this is probably just posturing to get a better deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Do we have a discord channel?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

In years past we had a thread for specific player acquisitions and sit/starts.

I don't see it for this year so I'm gonna ask this thread;

I need to hit a lottery ticket WR from waivers, pick two of the following;

Mecole Hardman KC - WR
Justin Jefferson Min - WR
Jalen Reagor Phi - WR
Robby Anderson Car - WR
DeSean Jackson Phi - WR

Note:
  • I have Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill.
  • 0.5 PPR League
  • I have both Phi TEs (Ertz and Goedert)
  • SHARE your hot takes on potential hidden gems

I'd go Hardman and Jefferson. Even with Hill, I still don't mind grabbing Hardman. He's on a crazy offense and receivers tend to make a big leap from year one to year two. In regards to Jefferson, he's a bit underrated because of how deep this receiver class is and someone has to take Diggs targets. He seems like the obvious choice, even if he probably won't produce Diggs numbers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jefferson

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was offered his Watkins($12) and a 5th rounder for my Singletary($10) in my PPR Dynasty League.

Is a counter offer of my Singletary($10) and a 4th rounder for his Diggs($9) fair?

$250 salary cap.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I was offered his Watkins($12) and a 5th rounder for my Singletary($10) in my PPR Dynasty League.

Is a counter offer of my Singletary($10) and a 4th rounder for his Diggs($9) fair?

$250 salary cap.

Nah, neither of those is a good offer. Since salaries are all a wash, just use fantasy pros rankings for a rough idea: Diggs at 46, Singletary at 68, Watkins at 153. A rookie 4th doesn't make up for swapping a start up 4th rounder for a 6th rounder, and obviously a rookie 5th isn't worth dropping from Singletary to Watkins. If anything, I'm a little higher on Diggs and lower on Singletary than that ranking, too.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So, because of Covid, my league voted to add two IR slots. It's ESPN rules, though, so that means you can place anyone that is listed as "Out" in the slot for the week.

Feels like I should take advantage of this by drafting starting caliber players likely to miss the first few weeks ahead of their ADP, but who would that even apply to this year? The Eagles receivers?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Two slots? drat. Hm. I'd stick with veterans, injured rookies won't have the practice time to get a role. Mike Williams?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I would mash Deebo Samuel at his rd 10 ADP if I had an IR slot (maybe Aiyuk too). David Montgomery is also an option.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Alshon Jeffery is my first instinct. He'll likely get plenty of targets when he comes back and he isn't drafted til pretty late.

Edit: Deebo probably has more upside.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I would mash Deebo Samuel at his rd 10 ADP if I had an IR slot (maybe Aiyuk too). David Montgomery is also an option.

How is Deebo's return from injury coming along? We're close to his timetable to return iirc.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

VietCampo posted:

How is Deebo's return from injury coming along? We're close to his timetable to return iirc.

Anywhere from week 1 to 4 from what I've seen.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

VietCampo posted:

It's looking like he's going to hit the short end of the original prediction, pending any setbacks. He was sprinting on the sidefield last week and posted a bunch of agility stuff to his IG. I'd have to imagine he's active week two at the latest, but he might not reach full power until the beginning of october.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Finished my draft today - pretty pleased with how it turned out. I picked 7th. I was not expecting Julio to make it back to me in the second round. 12 team, 1 PPR.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC RB
Julio Jones, ATL WR
Chris Carson, SEA RB
Allen Robinson, CHI WR
A.J. Brown, TEN WR
Kyler Murray, ARI QB
Ronald Jones II, TB RB
Diontae Johnson, PIT WR
James White, NE RB
Sterling Shepard, NYG WR
T.J. Hockenson, DET TE
Anthony Miller, CHI WR
Cam Newton, NE QB
Damien Harris, NE RB

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am trying to anticipate keeper value for rookies, since my team has no worthwhile keepers getting carried into next year, they will all be from my draft this year. Is there any difference between Lamb and Jeudy when it comes to keeper value? Doing mock drafts with no keeper implications they both tend to go around rounds 8-9, but with keepers I assume they will go a few rounds earlier. I do not really have any preference for one over the other, though it seems like Jeudy has less competition for targets going against Sutton vs Lamb competing with both Cooper and Gallup? Does one have a higher upside than the other as of now, or are they similar enough that it does not matter too much? In mocks I keep having a choice of both of them and just arbitrarily choose one.

Also, what rookie RBs that are not getting drafted that highly this year might have a more clear path at starting next year? Dobbins and Dillon?

Thom and the Heads posted:

Finished my draft today - pretty pleased with how it turned out. I picked 7th. I was not expecting Julio to make it back to me in the second round. 12 team, 1 PPR.

Julio Jones, ATL WR
Chris Carson, SEA RB
Allen Robinson, CHI WR
A.J. Brown, TEN WR
Kyler Murray, ARI QB
Ronald Jones II, TB RB
Diontae Johnson, PIT WR
James White, NE RB
Sterling Shepard, NYG WR
T.J. Hockenson, DET TE
Anthony Miller, CHI WR
Cam Newton, NE QB
Damien Harris, NE RB

Looks good to me.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 2, 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Julio Jones, ATL WR
Chris Carson, SEA RB
Allen Robinson, CHI WR
A.J. Brown, TEN WR
Kyler Murray, ARI QB
Ronald Jones II, TB RB
Diontae Johnson, PIT WR
James White, NE RB
Sterling Shepard, NYG WR
T.J. Hockenson, DET TE
Anthony Miller, CHI WR
Cam Newton, NE QB
Damien Harris, NE RB

I pick 7th in my next draft.

If only I could get CEH but alas. Other Chiefs fans.

Also getting Julio at the turn-around is a steal

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Julio Jones, ATL WR
Chris Carson, SEA RB
Allen Robinson, CHI WR
A.J. Brown, TEN WR
Kyler Murray, ARI QB
Ronald Jones II, TB RB
Diontae Johnson, PIT WR
James White, NE RB
Sterling Shepard, NYG WR
T.J. Hockenson, DET TE
Anthony Miller, CHI WR
Cam Newton, NE QB
Damien Harris, NE RB

I thought I was robbing everyone when I took CEH 7th and then found Davante waiting for me in the 2nd in a 10-team hppr league but getting Julio in the second in a full-point 12-teamer is just insanity.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The only thing is...two Chicago wide receivers. Not a fan of that part

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Julio Jones, ATL WR
Chris Carson, SEA RB
Allen Robinson, CHI WR
A.J. Brown, TEN WR
Kyler Murray, ARI QB
Ronald Jones II, TB RB
Diontae Johnson, PIT WR
James White, NE RB
Sterling Shepard, NYG WR
T.J. Hockenson, DET TE
Anthony Miller, CHI WR
Cam Newton, NE QB
Damien Harris, NE RB

Julio in the mid 2nd is sick. Looks good. Harris in the last round is a nice dart throw too, everything so far has made it sound like he's in the lead vs Michel and Miller.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I need fournette to get a job already

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MacheteZombie posted:

I need fournette to get a job already

What are you, the dad from Friday?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

What are you, the dad from Friday?

Lol

E: I won't have a starting rb in dynasty if he doesn't get a starting job somewhere

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
My 12 team keeper draft ended this weekend...

Let’s just say I got way to drunk way to fast.

1.05: Traded
2.01: Ekeler
2.08: Kelce (Keeper)
3.12: DJ Moore
4.08: Traded
5.05: Dak (Keeper)
6.08: DeVante Parker

Here comes the alcohol...

7.05: James White
8.08: Philip Lindsay
9.05: Adrian Peterson
10.08: Tarik Cohen
11.05: Preston Williams
12.08: Golden Tate
13.05: Breshad Perriman
14.08: Curtis Samuel
15.05: Parris Campbell
16.08: Laviska Shenault

lol I didn’t even draft a defense or kicker

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Love the Parris & Laviska last two picks. Perfect late round high upside guys who could explode this year and be high value keepers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

laviska shenault is going to make a lot of people feel very stupid for not drafting him

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

laviska shenault is going to make a lot of people feel very stupid for not drafting him

I may actually end up dropping Curtis Samuel and Golden Tate over Shenault and Parris to grab kicker and D.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I don't know anything about trading draft picks but here's an offer I got. 12 team, half PPR, I'm 10th pick.

Receive

Send

He already did a 3 pick trade and lost his first but has two 2nd and 3rd. His other 3rd is 3.04.

I'm thinking this isn't good for me because moving back from second is more valuable than up from fifth to fourth.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 3, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

I don't know anything about trading draft picks but here's an offer I got. 12 team, I'm 10th pick.

Receive

Send

He already did a 3 pick trade and lost his first but has two 2nd and 3rd. His other 3rd is 3.04.

I'm thinking this isn't good for me because moving back from second is more valuable than up from fifth to fourth.

this trade is garbo for you

Edit: ran it through a trade calc (which I usually hate but this offer was so egregious) to show you how bad it is

Alfalfa posted:

I may actually end up dropping Curtis Samuel and Golden Tate over Shenault and Parris to grab kicker and D.

If I took over this team, Tate would be the first one to go but I'm a big dumb baby who still believes in Curtis Samuel despite the rotoworld report yesterday

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 3, 2020

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sanu released. If you're not sure what to do with that late pick, think about N'Keal Harry. Could end up a favorite target of Cam, and if he isn't you can just cut him immediately.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Sanu released. If you're not sure what to do with that late pick, think about N'Keal Harry. Could end up a favorite target of Cam, and if he isn't you can just cut him immediately.

We don't know if N'Keal Harry is poo poo but we know Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess are and look what Cam did with them

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Spoeank posted:

If I took over this team, Tate would be the first one to go but I'm a big dumb baby who still believes in Curtis Samuel despite the rotoworld report yesterday

Thanks, anyway general advice on how I should try to sweeten it? Where is that site? Went to that URL but I only see players.

Also I've been busy moving these past couple weeks so I'm a bit out of the loop on deeper picks. Who's this year's DJ Chark, Scary Terry, etc.? Any handcuffs I should look for?

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 3, 2020

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Later round rookies who could be difference makers this year:
Laviska Shenault
Brandon Aiyuk
Bryan Edwards
Henry Ruggs
Zack Moss
Antonio Gibson

Jaelen Raegor was my favorite, but he hurt his labrum, so he might be a good midseason pickup.

If Denzel Mims gets healthy quick, he’s not a bad flier. Hyper athletic, and little to no competition for playing time on the Jets.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Edit: ran it through a trade calc (which I usually hate but this offer was so egregious) to show you how bad it is

I’m not sure this is a dynasty trade. Just a typical redraft pick swap so that trade calc might not be accurate.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Yes redraft pick trade

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Zack Moss is getting snapped up like 8th round in a lot of my mocks, think the word is out on him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

Yes redraft pick trade

oh I thought it was a dynasty trade my bad!

I still think it's not great

Cervixalot posted:

Later round rookies who could be difference makers this year:
Laviska Shenault
Brandon Aiyuk
Bryan Edwards
Henry Ruggs
Zack Moss
Antonio Gibson

Jaelen Raegor was my favorite, but he hurt his labrum, so he might be a good midseason pickup.

If Denzel Mims gets healthy quick, he’s not a bad flier. Hyper athletic, and little to no competition for playing time on the Jets.

Shenault and Moss are smash picks for me. Gibson's ADP has gotten onto a rocketship and set course for Mars. N'Keal Harry is my bae and this Sanu cut only makes me love him more.

QB15-24 has guys who could return great value: Danny Dines, Joe Burrow, Baker, Goff, Handsome James, Tanny, Minshew and Lock. They're all round 11 or later by ADP. A guy who was slipping but has solidified is Matt Stafford.

Guys I like outside the top 120 (round 11+ in 12-team leagues) according to 4for4 ADP: Chase Edmonds, Boston Scott, AJ Dillon, Nyheim Hines, N'Keal, Hock, Goedert, Jarwin, Doyle, Herndon, Knox

shirts and skins posted:

Zack Moss is getting snapped up like 8th round in a lot of my mocks, think the word is out on him.

bigger names have been getting in on him and hyping him lately, and Yahoo did a push notification about him being a sleeper last week

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

There are so many late-round WRs that I want this year, it's kind of insane. Might just get my 2QBs and RBs out of the way in the first few rounds then just spend the entire back half of the drafting WRs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Gearman posted:

There are so many late-round WRs that I want this year, it's kind of insane. Might just get my 2QBs and RBs out of the way in the first few rounds then just spend the entire back half of the drafting WRs.

In Superflex leagues, this is a pretty solid strategy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1301322814146961408?s=19

Pack it in Ronald Jonailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So glad my money draft is tomorrow lol, I was totally going to target Jones