Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

LLSix posted:

Anyone know of a LitRPG with a cyborg or robot main character? I was brainstorming the other day and thought it could make a neat justification for why the MC has levels and stats without needing to stat out everyone else.

Stray Cat Strut the "cyberpunk magical-girl alien-invasion LitRPG" seems to be going in that direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Affi posted:

Six chapters in and it’s just pretty boring classes with cardboard characters? Does it improve soon or is it just not for me?

they're getting fleshed out but i think this is definitely a "magic mechanics" story primarily, so if that's not your thing the currently posted chapters aren't going to do it for you. that may change in the future when the plot actually gets going in earnest

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Just finished catching up on Pith and wow has it improved by leaps and bounds. Isaac Brin's 'origin story' is still giving me chills even a couple days after reading through it, it's super refreshing to have read a serial with good characterization..

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

So holy poo poo, you know what the various thirsty ladies of Katalepsis need to do in order to maintain their cover? They need to create a deviantart account and start posting astonishingly embarrassing and terrible home-crafted cosplay videos, so when a pedestrian inevitably sees some poo poo, they can just go "Huh, I guess it must be that naruto thing all the kids are talking about these days." (Also, hearing Heather compare a hug with the most recent misfit toy to holding a canvas bag full of pythons made me laugh a lot more than it probably should've.)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
just buy some gopros and get on youtube, it'll be fine!

and hug that tenny

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Man! dungeon crawler Carl is like He who fights with monsters but better ? Who could’ve known?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Katalepsis was astonishingly fun this week. Although I can't help but worry that Raine trying to set boundaries in the last line is going to explode in everyone's face- it's exactly what Heather has been asking for, but it's still unilateral action, not communication. I guess relationship drama and interpersonal dynamics really are the dark souls of eldritch horror.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Omi no Kami posted:

I guess relationship drama and interpersonal dynamics really are the dark souls of eldritch horror.

It's the creeping fear that nobody will talk openly about!

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Hungry posted:

It's the creeping fear that nobody will talk openly about!

...so I know you (probably) wouldn't do this, but it's going to be a really nefarious and hilarious twist if it turns out that all this time the eye just wanted some friends, but the only way it knew how to communicate was via brain math and projectile vomiting.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
hareyem

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I cringed at this part in one of the last couple PracGuide chapters:

quote:

poo poo, I thought. Akua had been right, it really would have been a waste to kill the Scribe. A handful of sentences and she’d both given me a shot a steadying my munition problem and figured out a palatable alternative to being a mere watcher to the mess unfolding in Praes. I turned to look at Hakram.

“Can Duchess Kegan be trusted to negotiate with Sacker?” I asked.

It was tacitly accepting Scribe’s suggestion and did not pretend otherwise. The orc’s face tightened a moment, but it went away almost immediately. A spasm of pain? I’d thought his wounds under control. I’d talk to his healers tonight about the dosages in his potions.

Catherine is basically taking Scribe's advice in a situation where she'd normally give Hakram's advice the most weight, strongly implying that Scribe will begin to fill Hakram's non-combat role. I feel bad for Hakram.

edit: I'm happy that Scribe has joined with Catherine. Scribe is a kind of interesting character and is pretty much guaranteed to change from here on out. Even though she's objectively a pretty bad person (though this applies to nearly everyone Catherine associates with), it must have been really difficult having Black reject her and Ranger shoot her with an arrow immediately after.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 24, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Omi no Kami posted:

...so I know you (probably) wouldn't do this, but it's going to be a really nefarious and hilarious twist if it turns out that all this time the eye just wanted some friends, but the only way it knew how to communicate was via brain math and projectile vomiting.

Don't we, like, have textual evidence halfway there? It was trying to turn the twins into entities like it?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Don't we, like, have textual evidence halfway there? It was trying to turn the twins into entities like it?

Yeah, but I mentally sort that into a different inbox because it's more procreation/insane alien cuckoo nest stuff. With the wanting friends schtick, I was specifically thinking "Okay, how can get from where we are now to the eye becoming another one of Evelyn's stray cats," and that seemed like the goofiest possible way to get there.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

quote:

With a thought, she took hold of the sensory data being fed to her from the Inside and began to poke at it. It was a very minimal stream, which seemed obvious enough given the vast monotony. There were two components; the underlying data that gave her a vague sense of embodiment and the visual feed. The embodiment data was reasonably complex, while the visual was as simple as she had imagined it would be [...]

After examining the inputs, she turned her attention to the signals her system was sending back out. [...]The kinesthetic and proprioceptive data was most prominent. It was how the Inside knew what she was doing with her body, and she was fascinated by the way in which she could send out a signal for her arm to move and then receive the sensations of moving her arm.

Most of the heavy lifting was still occurring in her brain, and it occurred to her that this was why Outsiders were, by and large, restricted to a close representation of their Outside body as their Inside avatar. The more differences there were, the more data would need to be exchanged in both directions, and the more processing would need to be handled [...]

I wonder what would happen if I sent out signals for body movements that shouldn’t be possible? She chuckled to herself. What could possibly go wrong?
I recommended Nanocultivation a few pages back, with one of the things I greatly liked was how well the (LitRPG) skill development was well integrated in the text. This is an example of that in the latest chapter.

Something to add to this is that the numbers given out seem to be a reflection of learned capabilities (aka same stat number on different people != same skills) and not just numbers.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 28, 2020

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ytlaya posted:

I cringed at this part in one of the last couple PracGuide chapters:

Catherine is basically taking Scribe's advice in a situation where she'd normally give Hakram's advice the most weight, strongly implying that Scribe will begin to fill Hakram's non-combat role. I feel bad for Hakram.

edit: I'm happy that Scribe has joined with Catherine. Scribe is a kind of interesting character and is pretty much guaranteed to change from here on out. Even though she's objectively a pretty bad person (though this applies to nearly everyone Catherine associates with), it must have been really difficult having Black reject her and Ranger shoot her with an arrow immediately after.

Cat is actively rejecting Hakram and his suggestions now and it sucks.

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006
I tried reading that nanocultivation sectiin like 3 times and my eyes just glaze over, same with those blue boxes delve uses. I can't stand the really technical stuff some serials get into

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
I've been enjoying Nanocultivation, mostly just ignoring the stat boxes since they don't matter for the most part, at least most of the way into book 2 that I've read so far. Not really a fan of the whole Inside thing, through. Kinda feels like a cheap way of shoving in fantasy stat stuff to satisfy litRPG readers when the Outside stuff is way more interesting to me.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nanocultivation needs a better title. I skipped over it the first time around because it sounds exactly like the poorly written litRPG and machine translated wuxia cultivation garbage that infests the site. It was only until it was recommended here that I gave it a shot and found myself pleasantly surprised.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tithin posted:

I was a little confused about why Catherine didn't just agree with both Scribe's suggestion and Hakram's. No one really made a clear argument against either and they weren't mutually exclusive.

Vivienne's recommendation was pretty bad, though (she was basically recommending Catherine do what she would have wanted, but that isn't what Hakram wants). There's no way that Hakram isn't going to interpret that as Catherine pitying him. I don't think there's any way to fix the situation, because Catherine's relationship with him is essentially tainted by her guilt, and Hakram is a sharp guy who is going to always be aware of this. The situation is kind of similar to the one with Black and Scribe; circumstances have essentially made their previous relationship completely irrecoverable. Similarly, Hakram can no longer fully be Catherine's "right hand" in the same way as before, and the only path to a good outcome is him changing as a person (sort of like that being the only way Scribe could ever end up with Black again).

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Things I've read lately, in order of how much I liked them, without spoilers, all of these are litrpg I guess:
Dungeon Crawler Carl: I enjoyed this a whole lot, more than He Who Fights with Monsters. Pretty great and I wish I had more of it to read. Would recommend 100%.
Vainqueur the Dragon: This was a fun and interesting read, I like the way the characters have evolved over the course of the story, and it reminded me a lot of Temeraire in that regard. It's also nice to read something that knows where it's going and has an end in sight. I could see this getting edited and published properly.
He Who Fights with Monsters: I liked it, but not as much as DCCarl. I just don't... Care about all the Builder stuff? Eh. Todays chapter is going in an interesting direction, curious to see how it pans out. It feels like it could just go on forever, unlike Carl and Vainqueur, which both have definite endings at some point.
This Quest is Bullshit: Short and cute, I think I read this over an afternoon, and it wasn't really anything new, but it was nice. Power of Friendship and all that! Reminds me a little of how TWI was at the beginning.
Just a Bystander: Had to click this one to remember what it was as it does not stick in my memory at all, but it's kinda cool. Kid goes to magical school, and I see where the Mother of Learning comparisons are coming from, but I think it could be paced better. Also, completely unmemorable. Don't know if I'll stick with this. The prophecy rejects me!
The Humble Life of a Skill Trainer: It's... Fine. I liked it enough when I was reading it but I don't feel a huge urge to carry on reading it, eh. I guess if you've got nothing better to read? Seems a bit up it's own system.
The Magic of Logistics: Way too many fantasy names.

I gave up on Artificial Jelly pretty quickly, once it started going into the real lives of the adventurers or something, I just couldn't be bothered with it.

Seaborn: Out of order on the list, I liked this a lot. Shame it's on hiatus for the rest of the year, but well worth catching up with. The writer has read the whole of the Aubrey-Maturin series and seen all of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, and decided to mash them together into one awesome story.

Honourable mention to Update Bookmark for Firefox. ctrl+q to open the window, ctrl+space to update the bookmark to the latest page. Has made following this poo poo and webcomics a lot easier.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 29, 2020

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

tithin posted:

Nobody is worried that Cat’s Trusted Lieutenant is getting pushed out and marginalized while having what few duties he has left usurped by Scribe?

*idly leafs through “200 Heroic Axioms”*: I dunno. Seems bad?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Nettle Soup posted:

This Quest is Bullshit: Short and cute, I think I read this over an afternoon, and it wasn't really anything new, but it was nice. Power of Friendship and all that! Reminds me a little of how TWI was at the beginning.

I've been reading this one too. It's fun.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Are there any good litrpg stories on Kindle Unlimited? Or good books in general? Everything I've read on it has ranged from bad to execrable. I genuinely can't believe anyone paid real money for the last two books I read on it.

Nettle Soup posted:

Things I've read lately, in order of how much I liked them, without spoilers, all of these are litrpg I guess:
Dungeon Crawler Carl: I enjoyed this a whole lot, more than He Who Fights with Monsters. Pretty great and I wish I had more of it to read. Would recommend 100%.
Vainqueur the Dragon: This was a fun and interesting read, I like the way the characters have evolved over the course of the story, and it reminded me a lot of Temeraire in that regard. It's also nice to read something that knows where it's going and has an end in sight. I could see this getting edited and published properly.
He Who Fights with Monsters: I liked it, but not as much as DCCarl. I just don't... Care about all the Builder stuff? Eh. Todays chapter is going in an interesting direction, curious to see how it pans out. It feels like it could just go on forever, unlike Carl and Vainqueur, which both have definite endings at some point.
Just a Bystander: Had to click this one to remember what it was as it does not stick in my memory at all, but it's kinda cool. Kid goes to magical school, and I see where the Mother of Learning comparisons are coming from, but I think it could be paced better. Also, completely unmemorable. Don't know if I'll stick with this. The prophecy rejects me!
The Humble Life of a Skill Trainer: It's... Fine. I liked it enough when I was reading it but I don't feel a huge urge to carry on reading it, eh. I guess if you've got nothing better to read? Seems a bit up it's own system.
The Magic of Logistics: Way too many fantasy names.

I gave up on Artificial Jelly pretty quickly, once it started going into the real lives of the adventurers or something, I just couldn't be bothered with it.

Seaborn: Out of order on the list, I liked this a lot. Shame it's on hiatus for the rest of the year, but well worth catching up with. The writer has read the whole of the Aubrey-Maturin series and seen all of the Pirates of the Caribbean films, and decided to mash them together into one awesome story.

Honourable mention to Update Bookmark for Firefox. ctrl+q to open the window, ctrl+space to update the bookmark to the latest page. Has made following this poo poo and webcomics a lot easier.

I agree with most of this.

The Magic of Logistics hasn't updated in months and never really lived up to its name sadly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

navyjack posted:

Nobody is worried that Cat’s Trusted Lieutenant is getting pushed out and marginalized while having what few duties he has left usurped by Scribe?

*idly leafs through “200 Heroic Axioms”*: I dunno. Seems bad?

I refuse to believe that Hakram might become some sort of antagonist, even though it's kind of plausible how it could happen. I think the more likely outcome is just that his relationship with Catherine becomes strained and that this becomes more of the costs Catherine has to pay from this war.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

One thing that I’ve been trying to keep in mind as my frustration at the Catherine/Hakram thing grows is that the weird card/chess game between Cat and the Bard involves Cat unambiguously losing the play that Hakram was part of. It’s easy to look at how he’s been crippled and figure that that’s the end of that, but if you look at it narratively, the Adjutant is not a fighter. He’s Catherine’s right hand. Perhaps the fact that Hakram is still alive after the raid on the Arsenal is irrelevant, because he’s already been lost. Unless Catherine realizes what’s happening and takes steps to avoid it, the narrative is set to push him away from her.

Every chapter that the two of them are in I keep hoping that Cat will say something like “I’ve. been thinking about what you said the other day, and I realize that I was being selfish. You are the Adjutant, and I will do whatever it takes so that you will Stand again,” but I’m not gonna hold my breath for that one.

e: Masego, the character defined by being a really good sorcerer, lost his sorcery, and is still an important character. Vivienne lost her entire Name. If Hakram doesn’t pull through, it’s due to narrative fuckery.

blastron fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 30, 2020

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

LLSix posted:

Are there any good litrpg stories on Kindle Unlimited? Or good books in general? Everything I've read on it has ranged from bad to execrable. I genuinely can't believe anyone paid real money for the last two books I read on it.
There's a separate thread for KU in particular, but...

Most KU LitRPG's are not well written, yes. The best I've read there is probably...Wraith's Haunt? It starts out on the better side of average, and then steadily gets better throughout the series imo.

The best series I've read there overall is definitely Cradle, which is a western Xianxia. It doesn't have amazing prose or characterization or anything, but it's a really fun action-adventure if you ever liked shonen anime, and the writing is definitely a lot stronger than your standard KU LitRPG.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

blastron posted:

One thing that I’ve been trying to keep in mind as my frustration at the Catherine/Hakram thing grows is that the weird card/chess game between Cat and the Bard involves Cat unambiguously losing the play that Hakram was part of. It’s easy to look at how he’s been crippled and figure that that’s the end of that, but if you look at it narratively, the Adjutant is not a fighter. He’s Catherine’s right hand. Perhaps the fact that Hakram is still alive after the raid on the Arsenal is irrelevant, because he’s already been lost. Unless Catherine realizes what’s happening and takes steps to avoid it, the narrative is set to push him away from her.

Every chapter that the two of them are in I keep hoping that Cat will say something like “I’ve. been thinking about what you said the other day, and I realize that I was being selfish. You are the Adjutant, and I will do whatever it takes so that you will Stand again,” but I’m not gonna hold my breath for that one.

e: Masego, the character defined by being a really good sorcerer, lost his sorcery, and is still an important character. Vivienne lost her entire Name. If Hakram doesn’t pull through, it’s due to narrative fuckery.

I think I disagree about what you're saying here (or at least at the idea that Catherine is doing something wrong). Catherine is being realistic - there isn't really any way to magically fix Hakram, and it would be irresponsible for her to just baselessly claim that she'll somehow fix him. She already consulted with Masego and I don't really doubt that she's explored all options. Any solution to give him workable prosthetics would still leave him incapable of fighting at the level of Named (and be a huge vulnerability to exploit - especially against the Dead King), and fighting alongside Catherine is just as important to Hakram as being her administrative right-hand.

Masego isn't comparable. He can still research magic and effectively use it if the energy comes from somewhere else - he just can't directly do it himself (and he can still use his aspects to magical ends). Vivienne essentially grew out of being Named. There's no real solution to Hakram not being able to fight with Catherine, and it's just kinda a fact that Scribe is going to be far better at the sort of stuff she does than him. Hakram's advice was good, but honestly Scribe's was probably better if you had to choose between them.

I think the most reasonable way for this to go is for her relationship with Hakram to just be a casualty of the war in a way that Catherine has generally been fortunate enough to mostly avoid up until this point. I think the only people close to Catherine that she's lost prior to this are Ratface, Nauk, and Farrier (and the other Gallowborne). Having her relationship strained with someone who is actually in her "inner circle" is a relatively small price to pay relative to what other people have had to deal with.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

LLSix posted:

I've got a tolerance for jank so I'm probably not a great source on what's good, but I've enjoyed some from Jonathan Brooks, who mostly writes Dungeon Core litRPG.

The Crafter's Dungeon
Sandra loved crafting, but unfortunately she was born with a disability that left her hands weak, clumsy and frozen in a claw-like pose, making it impossible to put what she learns as a traveling merchant into practice.

Then her curiosity leads to her death, after which she was reborn as a Dungeon Core.

Her new situation allows her to finally put her obsession to practice and actually create the things she'd always been fascinated with. Unfortunately, it seems the Creator has plans for her, so it's not going to be a smooth journey.

The Hapless Dungeon Fairy
Tacca GloomLily wants to be a Fairy Assistant to a Dungeon Core. Her superstitious peers and instructors at school made it hard, but she worked hard in spite of them and graduated at the top of her class.

Unfortunately, it turns out there was a bit of truth behind the superstitions and every Core that Tacca interacts with is either on a destructive path or already being destroyed.

She finally finds a home, though it's not a smooth process and didn't end at all how she expected it would.

Uniworld Online (This one is a VRMMO litRPG, not Dungeon Core)
Candace can't communicate with her voice or sign language, but she can write. Unfortunately, on her first day of college, her professor didn't get the memo and verbally chases her out of the classroom. During a walk off campus to calm down, she is attacked and horribly injured.

Now stuck recovering in a hospital bed, she finally gives in to her friend and decides to play a video game for the first time. She gets started with the VRMMO Uniworld Online, and winds up hooked when it gives her the voice she'd never thought she'd have. While the other players are rude and focused on themselves, she instead connects with the NPCs and enjoys the journey helping them sets her on.

(There's one :nws: scene in the second book if I remember correctly just as a heads up.)

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Honestly, ending up as Dean of Catherine's Magical Academy For Wayward Teens is... not exactly everything Hakram wants out of life? So that has to get cleared up some time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mossyfisk posted:

Honestly, ending up as Dean of Catherine's Magical Academy For Wayward Teens is... not exactly everything Hakram wants out of life? So that has to get cleared up some time.

Wasn't her idea to have him effectively lead the spy organization of Cardinal (which is a full city-state, not just the Named academy thing)? Hakram has known about the Liesse Accords for years, so I don't think he particularly objects to devoting himself to Catherine accomplishing their goals.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Boogle posted:

Nanocultivation needs a better title. I skipped over it the first time around because it sounds exactly like the poorly written litRPG and machine translated wuxia cultivation garbage that infests the site. It was only until it was recommended here that I gave it a shot and found myself pleasantly surprised.

I rather liked the first 'book', but I'm halfway through the second one and it has turned into another rather generic magic school story. I'm hoping it gets back to the more interesting plot.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Peachfart posted:

I rather liked the first 'book', but I'm halfway through the second one and it has turned into another rather generic magic school story. I'm hoping it gets back to the more interesting plot.

It's a victim of most of these serials I've tried by having a really fun starting concept that just peters out after a little while.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I remember there was a web serial about a human who'd been turned into a computer AI fighting against invading aliens. He was stuck on a secret space station and a lot of the story focused on the logistics of him building up enough industry to build weapons and spaceships and AIs to fight the aliens because all the humans had already been killed some of the humans were still alive but he thought they were dead..

It was a relatively short serial and came to a definite end.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? I'd like to read it again but I can't remember the title.

Edit: Found it! [url=https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/22848/post-human/chapter/327984/part-one-nikola-chapter-one]Post Human[/spoiler] is the title. Wow, I forgot it was so short.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 1, 2020

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Thanks to whoever's been recommending Vainqueur the Dragon, this is good stuff. Reminds me of Mid-Lich Crisis, except better.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The Earth arc of HHFWM is pretty fun so far and just about what I expected it to be.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ha

Megazver posted:

The Earth arc of HHFWM is pretty fun so far and just about what I expected it to be.

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve seen another portal fantasy where they get to go BACK and keep all their cool stuff. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes.

Has anyone read The Last Tide, the Wandering Inn comic? I was thinking about picking it up but it’s like 10 bux for the 1st issue.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

navyjack posted:

Ha

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve seen another portal fantasy where they get to go BACK and keep all their cool stuff. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes.
This happens in (kindle unlimited LitRPG major series spoiler) Wraith's Haunt #4, at the very end, as a cliffhanger.

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
Shade Touched, on RR, about a small evil cat-sized swarming monster that gains intelligence and insatiable curiosity, is insanely adorable.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

navyjack posted:

Has anyone read The Last Tide, the Wandering Inn comic? I was thinking about picking it up but it’s like 10 bux for the 1st issue.

The art is good, but the story is meh so far and there's pretty much no progress in the first issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

navyjack posted:

Ha

It's entirely slice of life with no action so far... which is to say, it's exactly what you might expect out of a TWI story. The problem is that it just ends abruptly, because it's part 1 of 2, and by abruptly, I don't mean a cliffhanger (even though it is a cliffhanger), but that you just turn the page and you're like "wait where the rest of it?" because the last panel of it is just a normal panel that makes no indication of it being the chapter end.

That said, the 10bux gets you like 65 pages of comics, not including the cover and such, so it's actually competitively priced with other comics of similar length.