Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

deadwing posted:

It's very unlikely that Brain Age comes to the US because of the Lumosity lawsuit thing.

Is that why? Can you give more information on this? I wasn’t aware there was a lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lumosity was basically a pay service that made claims about training your brain, and basically a rip off of Brain Age. They got sued for fraudulent claims so I think Nintendo of America was like "Welp, bullet dodged"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My uncle works at luminosity and he said his IQ went up 3 points.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Bloop posted:

Not that I've read every NES manual, but this is in the Kid Icarus one I have:

Also, while not in the manual, Kirby had a naked lady level:

reported for posting lewds

WHY BONER NOW posted:

How was mechstermination force anyway? It looked like it has the same control feel as gunman clive. It's one of those games in the back of my mind that I feel like I should follow up on but never do

Like I said, the player feels really floaty and shooting the bosses doesn't feel like you're damaging them. Also it's boss rush only. No actual stages. To me it was a competent but unremarkable game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yoshi's island has one of these too iirc

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does anyone know if the Space Invaders Invincible Collection is getting a North American release digitally? I see Strictly Limited is publishing a cart for it in English but I’d rather have it digitally.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Lumosity was basically a pay service that made claims about training your brain, and basically a rip off of Brain Age. They got sued for fraudulent claims so I think Nintendo of America was like "Welp, bullet dodged"

Yeah, the case set the precedent that you can't claim that a game makes you smarter. Never played a Brain Age so I don't know if it actually does that. Guessing that Nintendo can't be arsed to change the game since it's not exactly a huge title.

In better news Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is finally launching on Switch and other places on the 22nd. Best drat "casual" space sim since Freelancer. Sadly they had to drop the ship painting and custom radio, but it's still worth it. Gonna double dip if the port is decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS5PR5locpU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nintendo leakers are like Browns fans, "next week/month/year"

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/rumour_super_mario_remasters_to_be_announced_this_month_but_wont_launch_on_marios_35th

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh god...please more I’m almost there.......

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Pretty much anything you want

does anything i want include, playing eu solatorobo on my american 3ds

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

it's coming out tomorrow along with a botw2 trailer and hd remasters of every zelda, even the 2d ones

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'll admit, the possibility of the mario collection being a complete farce is now more entertaining than it being a reality, if only because of the combination between 1) how long people have gone without a big Direct, and 2) I cannot think of a longer con job besides maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy or "the grinch" leak, so the schadenfreude potential is enormous

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

DLC Inc posted:

I'll admit, the possibility of the mario collection being a complete farce is now more entertaining than it being a reality, if only because of the combination between 1) how long people have gone without a big Direct, and 2) I cannot think of a longer con job besides maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy or "the grinch" leak, so the schadenfreude potential is enormous

The next direct is a actually the Switch 20/20 announcement. Not backward compatible with games or any existing hardware. It no longer has a handheld or docked mode. Instead it's a pair of glasses that allow games up to 480p at 24fps on both eyes. Not VR, just two flat frame screens.

Release Schedule:
Legend of Zelda: Sights of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey 20/20 Edition
Super Mario Land 3D 20/20
Metroid Prime 20/20 Tech Demo
1 2 Switch (no new features)

They think the eShop should be up by winter 2022. Netflix is a spring 2023 announcement, but you'll need to get a special streaming lens for it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Friday would be the one year mark since the last actual Nintendo Direct.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Mahoning posted:

Friday would be the one year mark since the last actual Nintendo Direct.

Friday Direct Confirmed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I hope whoever designed redneck basement ghost had to keep going into the office during this global pandemic.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I believe in Nate the Hate.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

They are going to have mario's 35 anniversary in the year warhammer 40k

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there are only Direct leaks.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The White Dragon posted:

does anything i want include, playing eu solatorobo on my american 3ds

yes it does

No additional flash cards or anything required, just a micro SD and a little bit of time to install everything

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bill Trinnen had the only copy of the big Nintendo Direct video on a floppy disc and it got demagnetized going through a TSA body scanner on his way to YouTube so now the Mario 35th Anniversary Collection, Mother 3 HD, and Metroid Prime Collection are cancelled.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I did all that hacking mumbo jumbo to my 2DS XL the other night. It’s tedious. But I wouldn’t say it’s hard. Everything went off without a hitch.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mahoning posted:

I did all that hacking mumbo jumbo to my 2DS XL the other night. It’s tedious. But I wouldn’t say it’s hard. Everything went off without a hitch.

I did it to a new 3ds xl recently and the hardest part was getting the back panel off. One corner was fighting me

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Mahoning posted:

Sweet bro! Nice! Sooo...
*adjusts shirt pocket*
What did you put on it?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Len posted:

I did it to a new 3ds xl recently and the hardest part was getting the back panel off. One corner was fighting me

There's no need to do anything like this if you update to the latest firmware actually.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nail Rat posted:

There's no need to do anything like this if you update to the latest firmware actually.

There is because I needed to get to my micro sd card

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Nail Rat posted:

To get at the SD card there absolutely is that need. You have the new2DS which moved the slot.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Oh drat, that does sound like a big pain then. Right now I'm taking it between the system and PC several times a day. Is lose my mind.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Switching to leaks that are actually cool and good and real, the next wave of the Nintendo leak seems to be hitting now, and among the tidbits was this.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

What’s the goon consensus on the new paper Mario ?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

I think it’s good as long as you accept it’s not a traditional RPG like the first 2.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

It's a great and incredibly charming adventure game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
With some weird dark body horror stuff thrown in.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I played and really enjoyed A Short Hike. I am stuck at 19 feathers. The guides online show there is a feather on a rock in front of the kid who sells 4 feathers.

That feather was not there for me or my gf. I'm wondering if it has been moved somewhere? I don't see any info online about it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I'm on the second major section, and the combat is wearing a bit thin for me already. Normally I like these sorts of puzzles, but forcibly integrating them into battles makes me impatient with them, to the point where I'd rather just skip combat—particularly since your stronger weapons that let you finish tougher enemies in one attack (and get the no-damage bonus) have durability

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

It's a great and incredibly charming adventure game.

I am working toward the second banner and love the area. I hope the field/battle music continues to change in each new area because I am a huge fan. Charming is 100% spot on.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have a game voucher left and I might use it on paper mario, is there any cool collectathon element in the overworld because I go nuts for collecting stuff :swoon:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yes.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Hedrigall posted:

I have a game voucher left and I might use it on paper mario, is there any cool collectathon element in the overworld because I go nuts for collecting stuff :swoon:

You can find hidden toads everywhere, little trophies, some super special trophies, hidden ? blocks, and holes to fill with confetti. You can also use toad points to unlock things further in the town museum, which displays things you already found. The map helpfully lists your completion percentage of toads, blocks, trophies, and holes in each sub area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Ragequit posted:

You can find hidden toads everywhere, little trophies, some super special trophies, hidden ? blocks, and holes to fill with confetti. You can also use toad points to unlock things further in the town museum, which displays things you already found. The map helpfully lists your completion percentage of toads, blocks, trophies, and holes in each sub area.

If there’s anything I love more than collecting in games it’s collecting towards completion percentages 💦