Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

We Got Us A Bread posted:

The larger missions have the added stuff, they're the Warzones. Dropzones are meant to be the quick, drop in and complete one objective, and done missions. They talked about it in one of the War Rooms (the YT game videos), Warzones are meant to take an hour or two, whereas Dropzones are meant to be 10-20 minutes. HARM rooms are your challenge rooms.

Feel like I've done a couple war zones that didn't have that stuff but maybe I just didn't pay enough attention or I'm mistaken. Looking online it looks like vaults are also quite packed with poo poo to do, I'm on the quest to open those up so I'll continue on with that and see what those are like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Seedge posted:

The cosmetic ingame vendor that uses Units to trade for emotes, nameplates and costumes appears to pull from the same pull of Pattern decode options. Given it doesnt seem to give you duplicates with Patterns, it seems like it would make sense to buy every nameplate you see at the vendor, so that the Patterns you decode are more valuable skins or emotes.

Of the 3 patterns I've decoded, 1 was a Captain A skin and the other 2 gave nothing. I wonder if those were duplicates or a bug?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It seems that once the frames start dropping, the game will try and reduce the LOD of closer objects, which sometimes gets stuck on random stuff and doesn't reload high detail until you're gone. Sometimes it's just annoying (like the mesh for the wall you're looking at in a cutscene becoming blocky and pixellated), sometimes it's funny as poo poo:

Nice weather we're having today. Stayed like that till the end

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Cool to see that the postgame mission chains are real missions, with unique setpieces and voice acting and cutscenes and everything.

Also: gear gets waaaay more interesting past PL40 or so, as do skill choices once you have access to all the optional perks in the 2nd and 3rd trees. It's kind of funny how much of the game's cool poo poo was straight up not available in the beta.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 2, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skills recharge a hell of a lot faster than Destiny, which I like.

Destiny it always feels like 90% of the time you're just either a floaty or a hover guy. Then sometimes you throw a unique grenade.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Cool to see that the postgame mission chains are real missions, with unique setpieces and voice acting and cutscenes and everything.

Also: gear gets waaaay more interesting past PL40 or so, as do skill choices once you have access to all the optional perks in the 2nd and 3rd trees. It's kind of funny how much of the game's cool poo poo was straight up not available in the beta.

does the gear move past an endless garble of just numbers and percentages, because I kept just mindlessly pressing "equip best poo poo" since there were so much endless descriptions on every weapon and armor trinket. It was tough to keep up in the beta because you just get escalating gear levels and don't have time to squint at all the tiny bite sized "if X happens then Y is 10%" equations. I was wondering if gear does more stuff to modify skills and attributes in larger ways.

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games
Agreed that those extra skill trees are pretty great. You don’t get a ton of discreet, flashy skills in this game but the 3 powers you get really start to open up with the mastery stuff. The Cap I was playing a few hours ago feels completely different. His shield tears right through stuff now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aphrodite posted:

Skills recharge a hell of a lot faster than Destiny, which I like.

Destiny it always feels like 90% of the time you're just either a floaty or a hover guy. Then sometimes you throw a unique grenade.

You can get some pretty obscene recharges on your abilities provided you have the right gear and upgrades.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I watched a streamer with tens of thousands of viewers play this recently. There were so many bugs he struggled to accomplish anything. It's heartwarming to see that the Frankenstein studio that created this is paying tribute to Gazillion.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

You can get some pretty obscene recharges on your abilities provided you have the right gear and upgrades.

My Kamala loves high fiving all the time.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is iron mans hulkbuster supposed to be usable by other players? I somehow got into the hulkbuster armor as hulk and it was pretty funny. The meter wasn’t depleting but it kicked me out of it when we got to an elevator ha ha

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Is iron mans hulkbuster supposed to be usable by other players? I somehow got into the hulkbuster armor as hulk and it was pretty funny. The meter wasn’t depleting but it kicked me out of it when we got to an elevator ha ha

Yeah, you can let other players use it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Good Citizen posted:

Yes.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah, it was like that in beta, too - pretty sure it's a feature.

They need to do a better job of flagging in game that you can do basically all of the multiplayer/endgame stuff with AI teammates if you want to. It's not particularly surprising that matchmaking is still fucky around launch, but you can still play all of that content in the meantime.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

Yeah, it was like that in beta, too - pretty sure it's a feature.

They need to do a better job of flagging in game that you can do basically all of the multiplayer/endgame stuff with AI teammates if you want to. It's not particularly surprising that matchmaking is still fucky around launch, but you can still play all of that content in the meantime.

They didn't put their message out very well at all, they either highlighted all the wrong things or counted on people watching their YT War Room videos. I watched them because I needed poo poo to watch on the treadmill, but counting on people to watch the videos, distill the important points out of a 30+ minute video, and then tell other people about those points isn't a good strategy.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

DLC Inc posted:

does the gear move past an endless garble of just numbers and percentages, because I kept just mindlessly pressing "equip best poo poo" since there were so much endless descriptions on every weapon and armor trinket. It was tough to keep up in the beta because you just get escalating gear levels and don't have time to squint at all the tiny bite sized "if X happens then Y is 10%" equations. I was wondering if gear does more stuff to modify skills and attributes in larger ways.

Aside from the status effects (Particle, Gamma, Plasma etc.), I've seen affixes that do things like increase stun damage by *all* attacks by 20%, gives an invulnerability buff every time you quickly kill 5 enemies, and a lot of things that create status explosions on crit. So nothing that completely transmutes a skill like you'd see in Diablo, but definitely things that have a big effect that you can build and tweak skills around.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I've been trying to slap on a lot of Nimble stuff just because getting damage boosts every time you perfect dodge lets you turn Cap and Thor into blenders.

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1301183768833654785

That seems insane.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 3, 2020

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dan Didio posted:

I've been trying to slap on a lot of Nimble stuff just because getting damage boosts every time you perfect dodge lets you turn Cap and Thor into blenders.

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1301183768833654785

That seems insane.

You have to remember that there were Fortnite items you could get when you finish the Beta. Wouldn’t be surprised a lot of folks did that and then promptly ignored it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's right and it was advertised in Fortnite too. That's probably a big boost.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Multiplayer is pretty janky but I'm enjoying this way more than Anthem. Iron Man just feels exactly what I expected if you stay in the air.

Really enjoying the campaign, it doesn't feel tacked on at all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Would my Geforce 970 be able to handle this? The only recent game i've had issues with is RDR2 and that's more because of it being greedy as gently caress for GPU power.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Minimum is a 950, can't speak to how well it will run, but you should get something out of it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m actually really enjoying this. It’s hard to say how long I’ve actually played since I had to pause for a while today but I’d guess 6-8 hours? Still only have 4 characters unlocked. It’s a little over tutorialized sometimes, like they couldn’t decide what order missions would go in, and the audio is hosed on occasion, but the combat is really satisfying and has some nice variety to it. I like how you have splits in how different characters play even if they’re both ranged/melee. Iron Man and Black Widow are both built around ranged attacks, but where Iron Man plays keep-away and uses splash damage Black Widow is all about using pistols relatively close to build stun and then a takedown for big damage and some more health.

E:That said, my taste in games and most people’s taste in games are hella different, so this is quite possibly not something all or most people will enjoy. I liked ME:Andromeda, for example.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I love games where you just destroy tons of randos and have some moderate progression mechanics and I gotta say this is scratching that itch well. Losing my first 3-4 hours of progress to a bug that required deleting my save was pretty disenheartening and if that happens again I’m probably just done, but for now I’m digging it.

I hope that they have (or add) a level above legendary items with some truly unique effects though. I can definitely picture getting to max level and being like ok who cares about grinding out slightly better legendaries right now

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think that's supposed to be the role Artifacts provide, but I'm fully kitted out with legendaries at power level 50 or so, so I think there'll be more tiers coming, if they're not in development already. Probably when the first real raid releases.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

The game seems really interesting but because of the bug and everything that surround the core gameplay seems to suck i'll wait awhile(1 year or a huge 50% off sale) before getting it so they patch it for awhile.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
Does your leveling up in single player carry over to multiplayer?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah. The 'multiplayer' is basically just what happens after the campaign.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

GeauxSteve posted:

Does your leveling up in single player carry over to multiplayer?

Yup

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I've been playing a totally Widow's Kiss focused Widow and it's been insanely fun. With the skill that makes it a big melee punch, I spent like half of my time in iframes between that and finishers and my gear refunds me a huge portion of charge every time I kill an enemy with it. I'm basically just playing thor, but as Widow

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Burginator posted:

I've been playing a totally Widow's Kiss focused Widow and it's been insanely fun. With the skill that makes it a big melee punch, I spent like half of my time in iframes between that and finishers and my gear refunds me a huge portion of charge every time I kill an enemy with it. I'm basically just playing thor, but as Widow

Yeah I saw that skill and knew I'd be using it. One Punch Girl.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Does multiplayer have unlimited revives? Solo with AI seems to be limited to 2 or 3 revives for some reason, which I guess would be less of an issue if I wanted to put in the time to gear up the ai partners

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Scylo posted:

Does multiplayer have unlimited revives? Solo with AI seems to be limited to 2 or 3 revives for some reason, which I guess would be less of an issue if I wanted to put in the time to gear up the ai partners

I think the AI partners get a massive boost to their durability so that you aren’t constantly babysitting them, and the 2 revive limit is to balance it out since the fact they can facetank everything means you would basically never be able to lose since they can always revive you.

I don’t know for sure that they get a boost, but I haven’t seen one lose more than about half their health.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I really wish the game weren't a buggy mess. Aside from the hilarious ones like "characters wearing the wrong costume in cutscenes" level stuff, I've had to restart entire missions several times when they bugged out completely.

In my most recent mission at some point enemies started clipping through walls and terrain during their damaged animations, causing them to occasionally fall out of the play area -- and the game doesn't know how to handle this.

So here I am, trying to do an objective where I have to destroy all enemies before the next door opens, and I can't because some of the enemies are ... I dunno, 50 miles below me or something. Restarting from the checkpoint doesn't help, because it invariably just happens again.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Update to my crash woes:

Playing for 4+ hours today, no crash so far, lotsa missions completed. Here's what I did today:

(Graphics and Sound drivers were already updated to the latest version)
Removed the TdrLevel=0 entry from the Registry
Manually updated Windows, seems I was on an older version (pre version 2004, did not have HAGS yet for example) despite updates being on.
Downloaded the latest Chipset drivers for my mobo and installed them.
Updated mobo Bios to latest version.
Deactivated HAGS in Windows
Activated Game Mode in Windows
Deactivated Steam Overlay
Put an exception for game in my virus scanner.
Reset the Graphics Setting in Avenger's start-up box.
Set it to the High preset and did not change anything else, except deactivating Motion Blur.
High-Res Textures are installed.
Avoided alt-tabbing while gaming

I have a G-sync monitor and my monitor is set to 120 Hz atm, but the start-up box showed 100Hz as refresh. After resetting it was 60. Not sure if this might have caused issues.

For time reasons I did a lot of things at once (which is bad when trouble-shooting) instead of testing one and then the next, so I can't really say what improved it, but for now it runs ok and I haven't had a single crash today.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 3, 2020

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I have the deluxe version on Steam, but despite Steam news telling me it is now available for deluxe owners, mine keeps telling me it's not available until tomorrow. I just wanna play this dumb game now, any ideas?

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Buying this on disc tomorrow (Incase I get buyers remorse) . All I’m after is a half decent single player to burn through and if the MP is okay then I’ll stick around for a bit before reselling it. Cautiously optimistic

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

alphabettitouretti posted:

I have the deluxe version on Steam, but despite Steam news telling me it is now available for deluxe owners, mine keeps telling me it's not available until tomorrow. I just wanna play this dumb game now, any ideas?

You’ve restarted Steam since Tuesday, right? Mine didn’t recognize it until I restarted.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The cutscene animations are surprisingly good in this considering the just okay graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You’ve restarted Steam since Tuesday, right? Mine didn’t recognize it until I restarted.

Yeah. It can't seem to make up its mind what it wants to do. The 'Play' button keeps briefly flashing green, and it keeps trying to schedule an update download that never happens.